Doubles Teamlock Minitour WON BY HARD!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
ORAS Doubles Teamlock Minitour
How to participate:
  • Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
  • The Rounds will last one week from the second the round is posted here in the Doubles sub-forum. At the end of the allotted time, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity.
  • Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, 32, 48, or a maximum of 64 a lot of people. It will be first come first serve. Sign-ups will last for approximately 1 week unless the tournament reaches 64 participants, at which point sign-ups will finish.
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Circuit Mini-Tournaments Rules:
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
  • This is a single elimination, best-of-one tournament.
  • You may switch your team between rounds if you wish to.
Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Moves Clause
  • Evasion Abilities Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Moody Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • HP Percentage Mod
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

Hello doubles enthusiasts! In this tournament we will be flirting with team-locked best of 3 sets a la VGC. you can switch teams in between round but not in between games of a bo3. Because this is to gather information on whether we want to use this ruleset in future tournaments, posting replays and thoughts about the metagame is highly encouraged. Are you in?

Stratos
qsns
Hashtag
DaAwesomeDude1
blinkie
Lord Alphose
TGMD
Thwack!
srk1214
AuraRayquaza
Shaian
Laga
Haruno
Benja299
BLOOD TOTEM
qwerts
KyleCole
SocialSocialSocial
Electrolyte
Fer
Stockings
shrop05
finally
Arcticblast
xzern
Nido-Rus
koolkranny
Metaphysical
Level 51
Haunted Diamond
Memoric
BLOOD TOTEM
Croven
Isa
Qazoo306
Hard
Weebl
Pinoy Pwnage
Joim
Audiosurfer

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)