Tournament Doubles Ubers Championship II (Won by Demantoid)

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Beat Yoda, ggs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesubers-768834382
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesubers-768837895
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesubers-769581539
Me and Yoda agreed to a certain set of stipulations to bypass the shitiness of this tier, take a wild guess what they were.
I'm not sure there's anything specifically in the rules preventing this but I have a few issues here. If you weren't going to play DUbers, why did you sign up for a DUbers minitour? Since you're in a specifically, intentionally designed, DUbers minitour, why are you shitting on the meta as if it's unplayable? I'd argue that we've seen significant proof that the metagame is an interesting and adaptable one, with of course some inherent centralization but also enough room for creativity and reward for smart play that it deserves to at least have a chance.

This is round 2, so you've both already played a round of the DUbers metagame and n10sit put forth this tour idea because he wanted to see the meta develop, so just going through and playing with DOU teams because you *technically* can reads as super disrespectful. I'd highly encourage you two to play again with actual DUbers teams because this is pretty ridiculous. Circumventing the intent of a tour, acting uppity by claiming everyone else is just playing a shitty tier, and deciding to continue on through said tour is a real bad look and I hope you can see that.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RE: Para vs. Yoda

While this match certainly was a bit disrespectful, and definitely against the spirit of the game, they did not break any rules, as every Pokémon used is obviously allowed in Doubles Ubers. I don’t feel like I can take any direct action, but I think I speak for everyone when I say I would very much welcome a rematch using “real” DUbers teams. There’s nothing more I can say that my good friend talkingtree didn’t, but I agree with his post wholeheartedly.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
RE: RE: Para vs Yoda

I would like to sincerely apologise for the attitude and actions Paraplegic and I have displayed. I will admit I'm no massive fan of the DUbers tier, which is why I agreed to our arrangement of playing in the DUbers format using DOU teams. However, I do not hate the tier, n10sit, or any other person who plays this tier, and would not like to give the impression I do or think that anyone should. Despite being technically within the rules, our match was certainly in bad taste and disrespectful to the tier, the community, the integrity of the tour, and the tour host.

In particular I'd like to apologise towards n10sit, the host of the tour. n10sit is an active contributor across the doubles forums, particularly when it comes to DUU. He is also a veteran tour host, as seen from the Doubles UU circuit; where n10 has also personally maintained usage stats and put his own money on the line as prizes, showcasing his dedication. n10sit is a model user and exemplary tour host whom I personally respect, so I am deepy sorry for the disrespect I've shown to him here. What I did was clearly wrong, and I deeply regret it.

To begin making up for my mistake, I would play a rematch using "real" DUbers teams. However, when I asked Paraplegic, he declined saying that the first match was within the rules and our agreement, so no rematch is needed.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Activity calls:
cielbakasan vs. qsns: cielbakasan didn't respond to qsns' tuesday vm until yesterday, so qsns will get the win.

pikapip1010 vs. Lorex: i... i don't know. They scheduled on Lorex's wall for 5-6 pm edt on friday, as best as i can tell. No replays can be found for that timeslot under either players name. From what i can find, there are 3 replays from yesterday between pikapip1010 and Magnazzo on PS. Magnazzo is an alt of Lorex's, and it is the same alt he played on round 1, so this appears to be the set for this tournament. After Lorex wins game 3, pikapip inquires about the replays, and Lorex replies "Oh no problem", implying that he has everything under control. So my assumption is that Lorex won the set and did not post. Seeing as how I already had to deal with this round 1 and I made a very clear post about how to report winnings, I think I am correct in flipping the game. I have to be notified, in some form (preferably a post in this thread), that a set takes place and that a clear winner was produced so I can effectively run the tournament. It is not a matter of posting the replays, it is a matter of notifying me of a winner. I'm not sure how it could have been more clear, perhaps I need to take on the Seasonals approach and list every rule and how to properly post results in detail in the OP.
[23:08:07] n10sit: !pick Lorex, pikapip1010
We randomly picked:
Lorex

Lorex advances to round 3.

Anyway, on to round 3. Deadline will be Monday July 9th at 11:59 PM EST. Zeraora is legal for this round. IMPORTANT: If anyone fails to post this round, I'm giving both players the loss and I'll probably also recommend the party responsible for posting is infracted. I have to be notified that a game takes place, people.

Usage stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yseDfCcqNslFVeOPATJ2pCn1kmGHDcqaEHkAQxPmReQ/edit?usp=sharing

DaAwesomeDude1 vs emiforbes
ProotyBaby vs miltankmilk
Demantoid vs Jrenner
Mr.GX vs DaWoblefet
Paraplegic vs EmbCPT
Lorex
vs qsns

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)