DOU Doubles Winter Seasonal Signups!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.

It's time to start the signups for the last DOU tournament of 2015: the Winter Seasonal!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard ORAS Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • Every round, I will choose a match (possibly two) as the Highlight Match. If your match is chosen as the highlight match, our commentary crew (Stratos, BLOOD TOTEM, kamikaze) will be commentating your match through the SmogonU Twitch, and it will then be uploaded to Smogon's YouTube. I will contact both players by PM immediately in order to schedule a time. If either player wishes to not be streamed, they may opt out, but let me know quickly, so I can choose someone else to be the highlight match for the week.
  • Because of the nature of the prizes of this tournament, if you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me with probably the neutral assistance from a TD, flips will be made on IRC with the use of wormbot
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Doubles Ubers is available as a challenge option if something is banned mid-round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • HypnoGravity Clause: The move Gravity is banned with all moves that can induce Sleep. I am not 100% sure if this is fully implemented on Pokemon Showdown!, so if it is not and you are found to be using it you will be disqualified and banned from future Circuit events.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU' banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:

What are we playing for?

Most importantly, for recognition. The results of this tournament will be recorded in the Doubles Power Rankings for posterity. Over the course of the year there are probably going to be many events where placing high on this ranking gets you some sort of carrot, in addition to the prestige of being one of the best Doubles players.

But also for cold, hard cash... The winner of the seasonal will get a $20 prize, second place $10, and third place $5. It's not a DotA prize pool but you'll always be able to say you won money playing Pokemon!

Post in to join!

The signups will close on Sunday, November 29th so make sure you've joined by then!

Player list:

Stratos
n10sit
Silverwhiteblue
Joshz
iliketrains11
Pastelle
DaAwesomeDude1
BlueSkiddoWeCanToo
kamikaze17
Memoric
TUO
Oma
H&MBerkeley
GOAO.
Tahu
Arcticblast
TDK
Hashtag
Level 56
thecrystalonix
Arifeen
TGMD
thinkin
Tricking
Lasagne
qsns
-Tsunami-
Get this Money
Bouffalant
praj.pran
Yoda2798
fran17
Lord Qwilfish
Level 51
slurmz
Roxer
Ksh13
Yellow Paint
It Is Guest
Croven
Sae Sae
Mishimono
shaian
shadestep
Teamcali15
Sapientia
Drake'sProdigy
Meloettaaa
Paraplegic
Anttya
Nido-Rus
Confide.
Cased
CorruptedOmega7
Steven Stone
teal6
Gunner Rohan
OP
GRAND EMPRESS
iZocker
Lohgock
Time Stall
Syncrasy
thetalkingtree
n1n1
Tesung
Toilet Technician
checkmater75
metaphysical
Serapis
Heliosan
PoliLoco
TSR
Flame Road
trc
Fortune
BLINGAS
shrop05
iSuicune
GiraGoomy
Alice Kazumi
Laxuy
KratosMana
Weebl
fleggumfl
Chill Shadow
ElegyOfVGC
xzern
Feis
Eternal Spirit
blarajan
Wushl
deoxys speed
Lorda Floterchai
Its ZecaroN
Twix
shartruce
Shrug
nvanka
dice
Krauersaut
Haruno
astroboy
Peli
D4RR3N
Mysterious M
Quaggster
K Legacy
TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Staxandstax
Cynthia612
-Snow
AngryShroomish
Sam Fairclough
Dru
Rabigator44
XvolcaronaX
dextertheduckhat
Stae
Ruby.
GhostSword
idiotfrommars

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)