Doubles World Cup II Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
PPR (Pool Power Rankings)
1. Incineroar Pool - This furry fighter is the real deal, boasting solid bulk, a broken ability in Intimidate, and the coveted Fire typing (in addition to a Psychic immunity and Dark/Ghost resist).
2. Dragonite Pool - Dragonite is a leviathan. Seriously, this thing is absolutely broken. Solid bulk coupled with a strong Attack stat and access to the best boosting move in the game, Dragon Dance, makes this thing a top tier threat.
3. Klefki Pool - With a support toolbox to be envious of and one of the most overpowered abilities known to Pokemon-kind in Prankster, this Pokemon is definitely one of the most powerful. Klefki users may explore more conventional moves such as Light Screen, Thunder Wave, and Reflect, or they may peruse the more devious options such as Iron Defense paired with Calm Mind and Stored Power to pack an overwhelming punch.
4. Zarude Pool - First of all, a distinction must be made between the unequivocally inferior Zarude and the universally superior Zarude-Dada. For the purposes of these Pool Power Rankings we will assume the Zarude to be Dada, for any burgeoning Pokemon player would make this logical choice. Zarude-Dada boasts a powerful setup move in Bulk Up. Paired with strong STABs in Darkest Lariat and Power Whip, in addition to its naturally high speed stat, Zarude-Dada is one of the premiere Pokemon to choose from. This is further supported by Zarude-Dada's access to not one but TWO healing moves, Synthesis and Jungle Healing, the latter which can heal status ailments while simultaneously healing Zarude-Dada's ally. The only reason Zarude-Dada is not higher up on this list is because of its 4x weakness to Bug-type moves; however, Zarude-Dada is often able to eat these hits in stride, especially after one or two Bulk Ups.
5. Aromatisse Pool - Aromatisse may very well be one of the most annoying Pokemon to play against. With access to Wish and natural bulk, Aromatisse can be very hard to kill and can keep the rest of its team alive with Heal Pulse. If that wasn't enough, Aromatisse's ability Aroma Veil eliminates the most common counterplay to defensive Pokemon, Taunt. Furthermore, Aromatisse has access to Ally Switch, perhaps one of the games most frustrating moves. However, the same assets that make Aromatisse debilitating to play against also serve to bring it down to number 5 on our list. Aromatisse always wants to do everything, and therefore struggles to do something.
6. Dhelmise Pool - Dhelmise is a deceptive killer. It may appear frail and weak, but in fact it can unleash unthinkable damage upon unaware foes. With a staggering 131 base Attack stat and access to strong STABs in Power Whip and Poltergeist, in addition to its ability Steelworker turning Anchor Shot into effectively a 3rd, trapping STAB, Dhelmise is a force to be reckoned with. It also has access to a premier boosting move in Swords Dance and reliable healing with Synthesis. However, this Pokemon's greatest weakness is its inability to strike fast.
7. Pheromosa Pool - This odd, slender insectoid may appear to be an enigma. It is one of the fastest Pokemon in the game, and it also boasts strong offensive stats, both Physical and Special. It can even share its serendipitous speed with the move Speed Swap, enabling its teammates to great effect. However, Pheromosa is woefully fragile. Almost any attack can quickly shatter its high-flying dreams, sending it crashing back down to reality.
8. Ludicolo Pool - You may find it odd that a Swiftly Swimming Pokemon might find itself near the bottom of the Pool Power Rankings. However, this is not without just cause. Despite Ludicolo's access to a strong toolbox including Swift Swim, Fake Out, and Leech Seed, its offensive capabilities have never been strong enough to compensate for its staggering weaknesses defensively. Just like a real lily pad, Ludicolo is unable to carry any weight on its shoulders.
9. Magearna Pool - This pick might surprise many, as Magearna is commonly regarded as one of the best Pokemon in the game, boasting Legendary stats and a snowballing ability. The main reason Magearna is so low on this list is because of its lack of strong, reliable STAB moves. Flash Cannon dishes out a pitiful amount of damage, and Fleur Cannon while having better damage output comes at the price of reducing Magearna's own offensive capabilities.
10. Kingler Pool - This Pokemon attempts to wrestle its way through the tier with Sheer Force. A Pokemon capable of netting up countless kills should be par for the course, right? Wrong. Kingler struggles with the ever-present dilemma of sheer ineptitude: it seeks to kill Pokemon without being killed itself, but ends up being killed without killing Pokemon.
11. Mudsdale Pool - At first glance, this Pokemon seems like the perfect tank. An ability that allows it to become more defensively bulky every time it's hit, and naturally high bulk, coupled with a move, Body Press, that can make use of its defensive bulk. However, Mudsdale finds itself paced far too slow to see efficient use, and greatly suffers from a lack of countermeasures for Specially-based attacks.
12. Aggron Pool - This Pokemon learns one of the strongest moves in the game, Head Smash. Unfortunately, it often finds itself unable to land this move, as its Accuracy is only an astounding 80%.
I hope you enjoyed reading my Pool Power Rankings. It was great fun writing them. Please don't be too offended by what you see; I am journalistically obligated to write the truth and only what is true.

Lunar.

is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
Overall winner of DWCOP: APAC / Canada / Europe / LATAM / US East / US West
Which teams will make playoffs (select 3)
: APAC / Canada / Europe / LATAM / US East / US West
Last placed team of DWCOP
: APAC / Canada / Europe / LATAM / US East / US West
Player with the most wins for the tour (type the name of one player): Spurrific

Pheromosa Pool winner: [LAT] GasaiYunoSan / Loudwinner [APA] / [CAN] Z Strats / Papiloco [USW]
[LAT] GasaiYunoSan vs Loudwinner [APA]
[CAN] Z Strats
vs Papiloco [USW]
[LAT] GasaiYunoSan vs Z Strats [CAN]
[USW] Papiloco
vs Loudwinner [APA]
[USW] Papiloco vs GasaiYunoSan [LAT]
[CAN] Z Strats vs Loudwinner [APA]

Klefki Pool winner: [USE] Paraplegic / Ann nomina [LAT] / [EUR] Tenzai / YoBuddy [APA]
[USE] Paraplegic vs Ann nomina [LAT]
[EUR] Tenzai vs YoBuddy [APA]
[LAT] Ann nomina vs YoBuddy [APA]
[USE] Paraplegic
vs Tenzai [EUR]
[APA] YoBuddy vs Paraplegic [USE]
[LAT] Ann nomina vs Tenzai [EUR]

Aromatisse Pool winner
: [USE] Qsns / Akaru Kokuyo [LAT] / [USW] Crunchman / Nido-Rus [APA]
[USE] Qsns
vs Akaru Kokuyo [LAT]
[USW] Crunchman vs Nido-Rus [APA]
[LAT] Akaru Kokuyo vs Nido-Rus [APA]
[LAT] Akaru Kokuyo vs Crunchman [USW]
[APA] Nido-Rus
vs Qsns [USE]
[USE] Qsns vs Crunchman [USW]

Aggron Pool winner
: [CAN] KyleCole / Spurrific [USW] / [EUR] Qwello Lee / Sawamura [LAT]
[CAN] KyleCole vs Spurrific [USW]
[EUR] Qwello Lee
vs Sawamura [LAT]
[LAT] Sawamura vs Spurrific [USW]
[LAT] Sawamura
vs KyleCole [CAN]
[CAN] KyleCole vs Qwello Lee [EUR]
[EUR] Qwello Lee vs Spurrific [USW]

Dragonite Pool winner
: [EUR] Toxigen / Eot MZB [USE] / [USW] MajorBowman / Chlo [CAN]
[EUR] Toxigen vs Eot MZB [USE]
[USW] MajorBowman vs Chlo [CAN]
[CAN] Chlo vs Eot MZB [USE]
[CAN] Chlo vs Toxigen [EUR]
[EUR] Toxigen vs MajorBowman [USW]
[USW] MajorBowman
vs Eot MZB [USE]

Ludicolo Pool winner: [APA] FloristtheBudew / Enzonana [LAT] / [EUR] Frania / Eisenherz [CAN]
[APA] FloristtheBudew vs Enzonana [LAT]
[EUR] Frania vs Eisenherz [CAN]
[EUR] Frania vs FloristtheBudew [APA]
[EUR] Frania vs Enzonana [LAT]
[APA] FloristtheBudew vs Eisenherz [CAN]
[CAN] Eisenherz vs Enzonana [LAT]

Zarude Pool winner
: [APA] Alpha Rabbit / DaWoblefet [USE] / [USW] Shadowmonstr7 / MADARAAAA [EUR]
[APA] Alpha Rabbit vs DaWoblefet [USE]
[USW] Shadowmonstr7
vs MADARAAAA [EUR]
[USE] DaWoblefet vs Shadowmonstr7 [USW]
[USE] DaWoblefet vs MADARAAAA [EUR]
[EUR] MADARAAAA
vs Alpha Rabbit [APA]
[APA] Alpha Rabbit vs Shadowmonstr7 [USW]

Mudsdale Pool winner
: [CAN] Grandmas Cookin / Zeefable [USE] / [EUR] JRL / Eddie1840 [LAT]
[CAN] Grandmas Cookin vs Zeefable [USE]
[EUR] JRL
vs Eddie1840 [LAT]
[CAN] Grandmas Cookin vs Eddie1840 [LAT]
[CAN] Grandmas Cookin vs JRL [EUR]
[EUR] JRL
vs Zeefable [USE]
[USE] Zeefable vs Eddie1840 [LAT]

Magearna Pool winner: [EUR] Duckpond / Relicanth Primal [CAN] / [USW] Demantoid / Memoric [APA]
[EUR] Duckpond vs Relicanth Primal [CAN]
[USW] Demantoid vs Memoric [APA]
[APA] Memoric vs Duckpond [EUR]
[APA] Memoric
vs Relicanth Primal [CAN]
[CAN] Relicanth Primal vs Demantoid [USW]
[USW] Demantoid vs Duckpond [EUR]

Dhelmise Pool winner
: [APA] Zeal / Xrn [USE] / [USW] Fespy / Omicorio [CAN]
[APA] Zeal vs Xrn [USE]
[USW] Fespy vs Omicorio [CAN]
[USE] Xrn vs Fespy [USW]
[USE] Xrn vs Omicorio [CAN]
[CAN] Omicorio vs Zeal [APA]
[APA] Zeal vs Fespy [USW]

Kingler Pool winner
: [USE] SingleThunder / Neblina [LAT] / [USW] Emforbes / Umbry [EUR]
[USE] SingleThunder vs Neblina [LAT]
[USW] Emforbes vs Umbry [EUR]
[EUR] Umbry vs Neblina [LAT]
[EUR] Umbry vs SingleThunder [USE]
[USE] SingleThunder vs Emforbes [USW]
[USW] Emforbes
vs Neblina [LAT]

Incineroar Pool winner: [APA] Yuichi / Mishimono [CAN] / [USE] Actuarily / Raichy [LAT]
[APA] Yuichi vs Mishimono [CAN]
[USE] Actuarily
vs Raichy [LAT]
[APA] Yuichi vs Raichy [LAT]
[APA] Yuichi vs Actuarily [USE]
[USE] Actuarily vs Mishimono [CAN]
[CAN] Mishimono
vs Raichy [LAT]

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
Power rankings!:

1. Europe
Pretty clear #1 with stax ditching us west last minute Europe is just the winning team Mediterranean team from last year but better. They have 4 scl players + JRL who I think was snubbed along with a lot of players who do pretty well in circuit tours. The team has flop potential, umbry while really good hasn't really played ss dou in tours much recently, Qwello underperformed in scl a bit, and their other players aren't consistently amazing and can definitely have bad tours and their moments, but they're easily the team to beat.

2. US West
They might not have stax anymore but US West still has Justin and Emilio which is enough to give Europe a run for its money. Biosci and Majorbowman have had good tours in the past but haven't played much dou in tours recently so it will be interesting to see if they come back to previous form or flop and then the rest of the team is a bunch of wildcard players that can perform well or flop really hard. Last year US West crashed and burned their way to 8th place but with the help of Justin and a whole lot of new players on the roster compared to last years it looks like they have a decent shot to win it all.

3. APAC
APACs success basically rides on how much Memoric cares and how much free time Nido has which I don't think is much for either. I can see APAC winning and performing really well again but it probably has to ride on the Nido and Memoric carry just like last year. A lot of their players don't have much success but I think zeal is good and florist apparently did well this last seasonal so that's good for APAC, Yobuddy is another good player with lots of circuit success but he has historically been bad at team tours and will have to break that curse. The rest of their roster basically has little to no dou success and will rely on help from their experienced APAC players but I wouldn't be surprised to see them do decent.

4. US East
Just like last year I think US East is one of the weaker teams in this tour and do not see them being able to win it all but could see them take a playoff spot. US East is quite top heavy where half of their slots are good and then there is a pretty big drop off but another big problem I think US East has is that their carries and top players just aren't as good as the teams above them. Actuarily, Para and Zee are all good players with SS success but I don't know how much you can rely on them to carry your team over the people on other teams with more success than them. Their lower end players are probably better than APACs though and qsns and dawob two players with more oldgens success and no real ss success could step as well so maybe I am under estimating them but I think they need a lot to go their way.

5. LATAM
Unfortunately for LATAM they seem like a pretty clear last place, however they did last year too and while they didn't make playoffs they still overperformed so you never know. LATAM however is the only team without multiple SCL players and they don't even have 1 and a lot of these players have no real DOU success at all. Combine this with the fact that one of their best players sawamura got put in a really difficult pool things are looking rough for LATAM.

Spurrific

is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Community Leader
Z Strats bullied me into writing power rankings :(

1. Europe
After combining last year's Mediterranean and Europe teams which placed 1st and 3rd respectively, this year's iteration of Europe is easily the best team in the tournament. They have the most SCL players on the roster as well as players like JRL, duckpond, and MADARAAAA who have been crushing circuit. Tenzai and Qwello got the toughest draws out of anyone on the team imo but both are still capable of picking up at least 2 wins so even though they're missing a few crucial players like SMB I still see them cruising to finals pretty easily.

2. APAC
This team has a really strong core in Memo, Nido, and YoBuddy as well as a solid supporting cast as well. I'm very high on Zeal as a player since I've played in a few VGC team tours with him and is a great chat presence and definitely capable of winning games. Florist is kind of a longtime player making a bit of a resurgence so that makes 5 players who can help carry this team far. Nido has been the best player in the tier in 2021, but has been on hiatus since the Kartana ban so it'll be exciting to see how he does in his return this tour. However, APAC looks more like the other teams than Europe in that they have a lot of weak points so their top players will have to stay on their A game to keep them in contention for playoffs.

3. Canada
It kind of feels like a snub to put Canada at 3rd with Z Strats, mishimono, and Grandmas Cookin on the roster but their depth is a bit lacking so I have to give the edge to APAC here. Ray has had a very dominant run in SCL and mishi has been incredible in circuit this year so I have no doubt they're going to win their games. However it's going to be tough to find wins elswhere as their next two players Gma and KyleCole have been put into really difficult pools. They do have emma supporting them though so if she puts in the same kind of effort as she does for SCL then they should be able to outprep a lot of opponents.

4. US East
While East looks better than they did last year I don't think the top of their lineup is strong enough to contend with the 3 teams higher than them on this list. Paraplegic, Actuarily, and zeefable are strong players but they're not as top heavy as other teams and besides DaWoblefet and qsns who I don't think have played much SS the roster is a little questionable. I'm also not sure why they didn't pick Human but imo that was a huge snub and immensely hurts their chances in pools, especially since he had been starting to get back into the tier again.

5. LATAM
LATAM does not look too great honestly, they have some good players like Enzonana, GasaiYunoSan, Neblina, and sawamura but most of their roster is pretty unproven. I hear a few of them are friends with SMB though so if they get to use his teams I can see a lot of them winning games on matchup provided they're able to pilot them well enough.

Last edited:

umbry

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
Z Strats bullied me into writing power rankings :(
same

low effort PRs:

1) west, they have the best doubles player of 2021 and on top of that still featuring spurrific and emforbes on their roster which is quite impressive

2) apac, solid team overall, also got positive karma on their side after pogarina got banned from doucord

3) canada, ray said he's not ghosting so the team falls down a bit

4) latam, lots of underrated players and likely support from smb, also i'm enzonana's #1 fan

5) east, snubbed human

Doubles World Cup Predictions Tour

Another tournament means another predictions tour. I will be taking over this iteration of the predicts tour. After a short lived attempt at hosting the tour on this thread we are moving back to Google Forms. Click here for the pools prediction form. Any games played within 72 hours of this post will not count for prediction points. After that point predictions will be open until the next game is played. Any predictions made afterwards will not count. Predictions are now closed.

The points breakdown for predictions will follow a similar format to the DPL predictions run by Level 51 and myself.
  • Individual win: 10 points
  • Pool win: 25 points
  • Correct playoffs team: 50 points each
  • First place/last place overall: 100 points
  • Individual most wins: 50 points
  • Any ties will count as a correct prediction, except if a tiebreaker is played.
Tagging Lunar. to submit via the Google form rather than the forum. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Power rankings omitting my own team (US East) because ranking your own team is wack:

1. Europe. Team Mediterranean was stacked last year and adding the rest of Europe is just unfair. There’s good players that didn’t even make this roster. The only saving grace for the rest of us is that SMB didn’t sign up. I don’t even know how they picked starters for this lol

2. US West. This team has just as much talent as Europe, but my only concern is how much will they care? If everyone is active this team could absolutely win this.

3. APAC. My sleeper pick to outperform just like they did last year. I honestly think people underrate them because they’re in a totally different time zone and thus aren’t as active on discord etc and have a lower profile. There’s a lot of really strong players here with a good mix of unconventional builders that could let them run away with this thing.

4. Canada. They’ve got some absolute studs on the roster, a couple x-factors, and then some wild cards. Everybody that’s friends with Z Strats seems to do really well no matter their prior experience, so if he’s been tutoring these wild cards and the X factors pull it off, this team will make some noise.

5. LATAM. Somebody had to be last, but I would not sleep on LATAM. Zikam has been tutoring this whole continent for the last year and there’s a lot of under the radar players that are ready for a breakout performance.

Honestly all these teams are really talented and I definitely think we should consider expanding next year. There’s too many snubs every year and I don’t see an issue with a larger player base being included.

Last edited:

sawamura

Banned deucer.
My predictions first of all, so here I go.

1.Latam: faith in my team hahaha I can't afford to place us last even though we were one game away from getting to the tie breaker last year, I feel happy with this roster and with the experience I acquired tutoring and together with akaru's I'm confident that we can be a surprise. My pool is difficult as well as the others and players like gasai yuno hikari, neblina who has been playing doubles for a long time and plus the addition of enzonana and ann nonima I feel that we can make a surprise.

2. Europe

As actuarily says putting together Spain, Italy and the rest of Europe is the most unfair because there are a lot of explosive players experienced and rookies that promise a lot with madaraaaa who is currently in a great moment and that represents the quality of builds such as jose (jrl), frania yoda and qwello lee who are on tours or at the top of the circuit.

3. Eu west

The game is in their favor because they have a lot of players with very extensive dou runs, I was never a fan of spurrific but he is a player of admiration because I see that he comes in slowly with his game and t4 hooks in a way that you can't leave, majorbowman fespy emforbes jugadore god but they have not shined this year. I feel that a little match up are of those who will be easy to take down .

4. Eu east:

has a very tempting roster where names like paraplegic, qsns( i love u), dawoblefet(i love u too x10) are those in which you can not trust in game because in the slightest mistake you can capitalize. In opinion is my favorite team

5. Apac:

Unlike latam apac has a lot of dependence on what yobuddy memomish and nidogoat can do, their builds are unconventional like neblinas but as long as the result could go in their favor you can't question their methods when they really achieve important goals.

6. Canada:

A roster that does not catch my eye but really has very high caliber names like z strats , mishimono kylecole are those that can create opportunities for Canada.

With the first game now played the predictions form is now closed. Thank you to the 27 users that filled in the long predictions form. The prediction breakdown is as follows:

Overall predictions

Which team will win DWCOP 2021?
  • Europe: 10
  • US West: 8
  • US East: 3
  • Canada: 3
  • APAC: 2
  • Latin America: 1
Which team will finish last in DWCOP 2021?
  • Latin America: 16
  • US East: 6
  • APAC: 2
  • US West: 1
  • Europe: 1
  • Canada: 0
Which teams will make playoffs in DWCOP 2021?
  • Europe: 27
  • US West: 19
  • APAC: 15
  • Canada: 9
  • US East: 9
  • Latin America: 2
Which player will have the most wins in DWCOP 2021?
  • Spurrific: 6
  • Z Strats: 5
  • Qwello Lee: 2
  • JRL: 2
  • 11 users: 1
According to these predictions the people's power rankings is:
  1. Europe
  2. US West
  3. APAC
  4. Canada
  5. US East
  6. Latin America
Despite 100% of users predicting Europe to make playoffs they still received 1 prediction for last place.

Pools predictions, favourites in bold.

Pheromosa Pool: Z Strats: 21/ Papiloco: 4 / GasaiYunoSan: 2 / Loudwinner: 0
  • GasaiYunoSan: 17 / Loudwinner: 10
  • Z Strats: 24 / Papiloco: 3
  • GasaiYunoSan: 4 / Z Strats: 23
  • Papiloco: 25 / Loudwinner: 2
  • Papiloco: 21 / GasaiYunoSan: 6
  • Z Strats: 27 / Loudwinner : 0
Klefki Pool: Tenzai: 10 / Paraplegic: 10 / YoBuddy: 4 / Ann nonima: 3
  • Paraplegic: 23 / Ann nonima: 4
  • Tenzai: 17 / YoBuddy: 10
  • Ann nonima: 4 / YoBuddy: 23
  • Paraplegic: 17 / Tenzai : 10
  • YoBuddy: 12 / Paraplegic: 15
  • Ann nonima: 3 / Tenzai: 24
Aromatisse Pool: Nido-Rus: 17 / Qsns: 5 / Akaru Kokuyo: 3 / Crunchman: 2
  • Qsns: 20 / Akaru Kokuyo: 7
  • Crunchman: 3 / Nido-Rus: 24
  • Akaru Kokuyo: 3 / Nido-Rus: 24
  • Akaru Kokuyo: 12 / Crunchman: 15
  • Nido-Rus: 21 / Qsns: 6
  • Qsns: 16 / Crunchman: 11
Aggron Pool: Spurrific: 15 / Qwello Lee: 9 / Sawamura: 2 / KyleCole: 1
  • KyleCole: 4 / Spurrific: 23
  • Qwello Lee: 23 / Sawamura: 4
  • Sawamura: 7 / Spurrific: 20
  • Sawamura: 14 / KyleCole: 13
  • KyleCole: 5 / Qwello Lee: 22
  • Qwello Lee: 10 / Spurrific: 17
Dragonite Pool: MajorBowman: 13 / Toxigen: 9 / Eot MZB: 3 / Chlo: 2
  • Toxigen: 23 / Eot MZB: 4
  • MajorBowman: 22 / Chlo: 5
  • Chlo: 14 / Eot MZB: 13
  • Chlo: 4 / Toxigen: 23
  • Toxigen: 14 / MajorBowman: 13
  • MajorBowman: 23 / Eot MZB: 4
Ludicolo Pool: Frania: 21 / Eisenherz: 3 / Enzonana: 2 / Floristthebudew: 1
  • Floristthebudew: 12 / Eisenherz: 15
  • Frania: 24 / Eisenherz: 3
  • Frania: 25 / Floristthebudew: 2
  • Frania: 25 / Enzonana: 2
  • Floristthebudew: 16 / Eisenherz: 11
  • Eisenherz: 13 / Enzonana: 14
Zarude Pool: Shadowmonstr7: 9 / MADARAAAA: 9 / DaWoblefet: 7 / Alpha Rabbit: 2
  • Alpha Rabbit: 7 / DaWoblefet: 19
  • Shadowmonstr7: 15 / MADARAAAA: 12
  • DaWoblefet: 11 / Shadowmonstr7: 16
  • DaWoblefet: 11 / MADARAAAA: 16
  • MADARAAAA: 20 / Alpha Rabbit: 7
  • Alpha Rabbit: 2 / Shadowmonstr7: 25
Mudsdale Pool: JRL: 12 / Zeefable: 9 / Grandmas Cookin: 5 / Eddie1840: 1
  • Grandmas Cookin: 8 / Zeefable: 19
  • JRL: 27 / Eddie1840: 0
  • Grandmas Cookin: 24 / Eddie1840: 3
  • Grandmas Cookin: 4 / JRL: 23
  • JRL: 14 / Zeefable: 13
  • Zeefable: 24 / Eddie1840: 3
Magearna Pool: Memoric: 16 / Duckpond: 6 / Relicanth Primal: 3 / Demantoid: 2
  • Duckpond: 20 / Relicanth Primal: 7
  • Demantoid: 6 / Memoric: 21
  • Memoric: 20 / Duckpond: 7
  • Memoric: 22 / Relicanth Primal: 5
  • Relicanth Primal: 12 / Demantoid: 15
  • Demantoid: 12 / Duckpond: 15
Dhelmise Pool: Fespy: 17 / Zeal: 6 / Xrn: 3 / Omicorio: 1
  • Zeal: 23 / Xrn: 4
  • Fespy: 25 / Omicorio: 2
  • Xrn: 3 / Fespy: 24
  • Xrn: 14 / Omicorio: 13
  • Omicorio: 4 / Zeal: 23
  • Zeal: 7 / Fespy: 20
Kingler Pool: Emforbes: 11 / Umbry: 11 / SingleThunder: 4 / Neblina: 1
  • SingleThunder: 19 / Neblina: 8
  • Emforbes: 13 / Umbry: 14
  • Umbry: 24 / Neblina: 3
  • Umbry: 21 / SingleThunder: 6
  • SingleThunder: 4 / Emforbes: 23
  • Emforbes: 24 / Neblina: 2
Incineroar Pool: Mishimono: 16 / Actuarily: 9 / Yuichi: 1 / Raichy: 1
  • Yuichi: 3 / Mishimono: 24
  • Actuarily: 25 / Raichy: 2
  • Yuichi: 22 / Raichy: 5
  • Yuichi: 4 / Actuarily: 23
  • Actuarily: 10 / Mishimono: 17
  • Mishimono: 26 / Raichy: 1
Total votes: 27
Closest Pools: Klefki: (Tenzai: 10 / Paraplegic: 10), Zarude (Shadowmonstr7: 9 / MADARAAAA: 9), Kingler (Emforbes: 11 / Umbry: 11)
Closest Matches: Sawamura / KyleCole, Chlo / Eot MZB, Toxigen / MajorBowman, Eisenherz / Enzonana, Xrn / Omicorio, Emforbes / Umbry (all 14-13)
Most one-sided Pools: Pheromosa (Z Strats: 21/ Papiloco: 4 / GasaiYunoSan: 2 / Loudwinner: 0) and Ludicolo (Frania: 21 / Eisenherz: 3 / Enzonana: 2 / Floristthebudew: 1)
Most one-sided Matches: Z Strats / Loudwinner and JRL / Eddie1840 (both 27-0)

DWCOP 2021 Predictions Tour

A round of tiebreakers means an extra round of predictions. This time there are nowhere near as many games to predict, so I recommend that everyone has a go at predicting. The link to the predictions form is here. The form will close before the first game played after 72 hours from this post. The predictions form is now closed. Games played before then will not count for predictions points.

The results from pools have been tallied, including some pre-season points. The top 5 are as follows:

1. bitch uwu: 540 points
2. SingleThunder: 480 points
3. Actuarily: 465 points
4. Lyss: 460 points
5. Shadowmonstr7: 445 points

The full leaderboard can be found here.

Bitch uwu has a solid lead, scoring well in the pools section and also claiming 100 pre-season points for being one of two users to correctly (and unfortunately) predict APAC to finish last. SingleThunder sits in second place, being the only other user to predict APAC to finish last. Actuarily is in 3rd place with the top score from pools but didn't receive any pre-season points. Shadowmonstr7 is in 5th place, following their impressive 8th place finish in DPL7 predictions, where they did not predict in the pre-season. Two time DPL predicts winner Lunar is in 7th place.

Our non-human friends Mass Opinion and The Ape are returning for another season of predictions. Mass Opinion, who always predicts the favourite (ties are decided at random), scored 425 points and is tied with Lunar for 7th place. The Ape, who predicts at random, scored 350 points, tied for second last (27th).

Users who predicted Canada and US East to make playoffs have not received their points yet, so expect a shake up when tiebreakers are over.

Pools recap:
  • A number of games and pool winners did not count for prediction points due to substitutions.
  • Actuarily top scored for the week with 465 points.
  • The biggest match upset was JRL vs Eddie1840 (27-0). Even The Ape didn't see that coming.
  • The biggest pool upset was Enzonana (2/27) and Eisenherz (3/27) tying the Ludicolo pool.

Last edited:

With our first game played after 72 hours the predictions form is closed. The breakdown is below.

• Spurrific: 15 / GasaiYunoSan: 2 (predictions before the game was played)
  • Emforbes: 21 / Neblina: 3
  • MajorBowman: 11 / Sawamura: 13
  • Enzonana: 7 / Qwello Lee: 17
  • Eddie1840: 8 / Frania: 16
  • Akaru Kokuyo: 9 / Toxigen: 15
  • Qwello Lee: 14 / MajorBowman: 10
  • Umbry: 15 / Biosci: 9
  • Duckpond: 13 / Crunchman: 11
Total Votes: 24
Closest Matches: MajorBowman vs Sawamura (11-13) and Duckpond vs Crunchman (13-11)
Most One-sided Match: Emforbes vs Neblina (21-3)

Predictions for Round 2 of Tiebreakers are here. Click this link for the predictions form. To give everyone as much of an opportunity as possible to predict the form will stay open until both the first game is played and 24 hours have passed. Games played within 24 hours of this post will not count for predictions points.

There are only 3 games in this round, so I will wait until tiebreakers are over to tally both tiebreaker rounds and do the recap.

Now that tiebreakers are finally over it is time for semifinals predictions. The link to the predictions form is here. The form will stay open within approximately 48 hours from this post. The predictions form is now closed. Games played before then will not count for predictions points.

I didn't post the breakdown for Tiebreakers Round 2 so everyone could have as much time as possible to vote. The round might be over but here is the breakdown for those that are curious.
  • Spurrific: 12 / Sawamura: 5
  • MajorBowman: 5 / Umbry: 12
  • Duckpond: 10 / Eddie1840: 7
Due to a substitution Spurrific vs Sawamura did not count for predictions points.

The results from Tiebreakers and some more pre-season predictions have been counted. The current leaderboard is as follows:

1. bitch uwu: 690 points
2. SingleThunder: 630 points
3. Actuarily: 565 points
4. Lyss: 520 points
5. Itchyy: 515 points

Bitch uwu and SingleThunder have a commanding lead, scoring another 100 points each for predicting 2/3 correct playoffs teams. Actuarily and Lyss maintain 3rd and 4th place respectively, while Itchyy has taken 5th place after Shadowmonstr7 neglected to predict for tiebreakers.

The Ape has managed a remarkable comeback, moving from 27th (second last) to equal 7th with 500 points. This was largely due to predicting 2/3 playoffs teams. Mass Opinion has dropped from 7th to 17th after failing to predict a single playoffs team and has a total of 465 points.

Tiebreakers recap:
  • Spurrific vs GasaiYunoSan (played early) and Spurrific vs Sawamura (substitution) did not count for predictions points.
  • KennyJ top scored for tiebreakers with 80 points.
  • The biggest upset was Enzonana. vs Qwello Lee (7-17)

Last edited:

The semifinals predictions form has now closed, the breakdown is as follows, favourites in bold.

US East: 18 / LATAM: 3
  • Paraplegic: 12 / Eddie1840: 9
  • Actuarily: 18 / GasaiYunoSan: 3
  • DaWoblefet: 18 / Ann Nonima: 3
  • Dnagerbdager: 5 / Enzonana: 16
  • Qsns: 15 / HikariNR: 6
  • SingleThunder: 12 / Raichy: 9
  • Xrn: 7 / Akaru Kokuyo: 14
Zeefable vs Neblina was played before the form was accessible so there were no predictions. The game will also not count for predictions points.

Total Votes: 21
Closest Matches: Paraplegic vs Eddie1840 and SingleThunder vs Raichy (both 12-9)
Most one-sided matches: Actuarily vs GasaiYunoSan and DaWoblefet vs Ann Nonima (both 18-3)

The finals predictions are now closed. the breakdown is as follows, favourites in bold

Canada: 9 / US East: 10
  • Mishimono: 9 / Actuarily: 11
  • Eisenherz: 4 / Paraplegic: 15
  • Grandmas Cookin: 5 / DaWoblefet: 14
  • Z Strats: 15 / Zeefable: 4
  • RelicanthPrimal: 11 / Dnagerbdager: 8
  • Chlo: 9 / Qsns: 10
  • KyleCole: 9 / SingleThunder:10
  • Omicorio: 13 / Xrn: 6
Total Votes: 20
Closest Matches: Chlo vs Qsns and KyleCole vs SingleThunder (both 9-10)
Most One-Sided Matches: Eisenherz vs Paraplegic (4-15) and Z Strats vs Zeefable (15-4)
Total number of users who submitted a vote just to vote against Mishimono / for Actuarily and not predict any other games: 1

Congratulations to US East for winning DWCOP. An even bigger congratulations to the winner of the 2021 DWCOP Predictions Tour, SingleThunder.

The top 5 are as follows:

1. SingleThunder: 910 points
2. bitch uwu: 850 points
3. Paraplegic: 745 points
4. Actuarily: 700 points
5. Tenzai: 665 points

SingleThunder managed to overtake bitch uwu in the final game, scoring 100 points from their pre-season prediction for US East to win DWCOP. Bitch uwu predicted Canada to win in the pre-season, so they would have taken the 100 points instead if Chlo had defeated Paraplegic in the final game. Paraplegic managed to overtake Actuarily for 3rd place. Despite being the only user in the top 16 to miss a round of predictions Tenzai managed to sneak into 5th place.

After a strong performance in pools and tiebreakers the Ape unfortunately crumbled under the pressure in finals, falling from 7th to equal 15th with 570 points. Despite a poor pre-season, where it predicted every single question incorrectly, Mass Opinion steadied to finish equal 7th with 645 points.

Predictions recap:
  • 3 users (SingleThunder, Paraplegic and Xrn) predicted US East to win DWCOP 2021 at the start of the tournament.
  • SingleThunder scored the most points in the pre-season, correctly predicting US East to win and APAC to finish last :(
  • SingleThunder also scored the most points in the finals/finals tiebreaker round, with 105 points.
  • Nido-Rus scored the most points in the semi final, with 85 points.
  • Actuarily was the only person to predict the player with the most wins, correctly predicting Paraplegic.
  • 37 unique users predicted at least once this tour.
  • Despite never predicting incorrectly DaWoblefet finished equal last. He only predicted 2 games for the entire tour, Mishimono vs Actuarily in finals and DaWoblefet vs Mishimono in finals tiebreakers.
  • Qsns finished equal last with DaWoblefet after only predicting finals tiebreakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)