Tournament Doubles World Cup II - Tiebreaker round (Won by Latin America)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the tiebreaker round of Doubles World Cup II. As outlined in this post, there is a three way tie for the final playoff spot. As such, we will be having a tiebreaker round between the three tying teams, Europe, Latin America, and US West. This round will consist of each team playing three games against the other two teams, for a total of 18 games. The team with the most individual wins, barring another tie, will secure the third and final playoff spot to face off against US East in the semifinal. The tiebreaker if two teams are tied will be the head to head pool matchup. These games will all be best of one, and please post your replays in your win posts. Captains may use their substitutes freely for this round, but once a player is subbed out they cannot be subbed back in to this round, and the sub will take over responsibility for all of the games assigned to the player who is being subbed out.

The deadline will be Sunday, November 21st at 11:59 PM EST.

POOL ONE:
alvaradoflag.png
US WEST vs. LATAM
latinamericanflag.png

POOL TWO:
latinamericanflag.png
LATAM
vs. EUROPE
eu flag.png

POOL THREE:
eu flag.png
EUROPE vs. US WEST
alvaradoflag.png

Last edited:
let me start off by saying we are not friends and will not be friends. As your manager idgaf if u scout, prep, got sugar daddy issues got diarrhea or diabetes all i care about is if ur name is bolded u absolute worms of a human beings. Realize that u are all worms beneath my boots and u are NOT allowed to eat sleep poop or have sex until u we have made playoffs. U will only speak when u are allowed to and U will only answer to me with YESSIR. Do i make myself clear. @everyone

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
Predictions!
US WEST (2) VS LATAM (1):
Spurrific vs Yunogasaisan - Justin underperformed in pools going 1-2 while yuno went 2-1 however I think Justin had a harder pool, will try a bit harder now and wants to get revenge for the double Crit against him and I also think yunogasaisan is a bit exploitable so Justin should be able to capitalize and get the win.

emforbes vs Neblina - REMATCH! Neblina was able to beat a rusty emilio with a solarbeam torkoal in pools but despite the shaky start emilio went 2-1 while Neblina went 1-1. Emilio is prob pretty rusty in ss dou but he's still arguably the best dou player of all time meanwhile Neblina is enemy #1 after losing with regieleki and ice horse, I don't really see neblina being able to take two from emilio unless they fish a really good matchup.

MajorBowman vs sawamura - Really close fight in my opinion both have looked a bit shaky at times or made what I think were weird decisions while both have also played solid. I don't really see latam going 0-3 with smb support and Zikam has a lot more ss experience so I will give the edge to zikam here.

LATAM (1) VS EUROPE (2):
Enzonana. vs Qwello Lee - Enzo was another example of a LATAM player overperforming expectations in pools going 2-1 just like Qwello. However I don't think Enzo has been impressive enough to bold over Qwello who despite a bit of underperforming recently is still a really solid player that has still looked good. I also think the pools format benefitted LATAM the most and don't expect the overperforming to continue but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Eddie1840 vs Frania - Eddie is a bit of a wildcard being more active in vgc and going 2-1 in pools but they are also someone who despite going 2-1 I don't think has looked that impressive. His opponent is frania who started off 0-2 but was able to win his last game to go 1-2, frania has been a bit weird in ss sometimes looking bad sometimes impressing me quite a bit I do think frania is the better player though and can find his footing as he has before so I favour him.

Akaru Kokuyo vs Toxigen - I think they can both be solid players and Toxigen is a bit more consistent (his record shows this too as he went 2-1 in pools vs Akaru's 1-2) but I think he struggles a bit more against the type of teams LATAM and Akaru likes to bring, which is the more wildcard teams where he might not really know what to expect and are less standard. Akaru is maybe one of the less wack LATAM players when it comes to team choice though so wouldn't be surprised to see this swing the other way but for now I'll give the edge to Akaru.

Europe (2) vs US West (1)
Qwello Lee vs Majorbowman - Both of these players are the only ones playing both sets for their teams but I'm a bit more surprised seeing Bowman fulfil that role for US West than I am with Qwello for Europe. As I said before I think Bowman has had moments where he's looked shaky and I think Qwello is a really good player with more SS experience too so I'm going to bold Qwello here.

umbry vs Biosci - basically a coinflip I could see going either way. Umbry hasn't had the best of performances recently and is a bit burned out of mons while Biosci went 2-0 in pools. I don't think Biosci's 2-0 has been that impressive but he's still undeafeated and is a good player but umbry has been one of the best before too, super fun matchup that I'm gonna give the slight edge to umbry as I think she can get slightly better support.

duckpond vs Crunchman - both are 2-1 and both are pretty different. Duckpond is just a player who is always solid but comes and goes and isn't too active even in this tour I doubt they've tried too much while Crunchman was a new user and pretty bad but has improved quite a bit and are now pretty good. I'm going to give it to Crunchman here because I think he cares more and will be a lot more active in prep vs duckpond who will prob just be passed a team to use before his game.

Welcome to the tiebreaker round of Doubles World Cup II. As outlined in this post, there is a three way tie for the final playoff spot. As such, we will be having a tiebreaker round between the three tying teams, Europe, Latin America, and US West. This round will consist of each team playing three games against the other two teams, for a total of 18 games. The best team record, barring another tie, will secure the third and final playoff spot to face off against US East in the semifinal. These games will all be best of one, and please post your replays in your win posts. Captains may use their substitutes freely for this round, but once a player is subbed out they cannot be subbed back in to this round, and the sub will take over responsibility for all of the games assigned to the player who is being subbed out.

The deadline will be Sunday, November 22nd at 11:59 PM EST.

POOL ONE:
View attachment 385610 US WEST vs. LATAM View attachment 385611

POOL TWO:
View attachment 385612 LATAM vs. EUROPE View attachment 385613

POOL THREE:
View attachment 385615 EUROPE vs. US WEST View attachment 385614

hope europe wins

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
Predictions 2!
Spurrific vs Enzonana - Honestly it feels bad predicting against Enzonana again after he had a pretty impressive victory against Qwello and maybe I'm continuously underestimating him but Spurrific has just looked so solid throughout SCL and now dwcop. Maybe there's some burnout that can cause a flop but with scl and his ssnls run now over he can fully focus on dwcop if he wants and despite Enzos impressive dwcop so far I still don't think I can predict against a focused Spurrific.

MajorBowman vs umbry - I think umbry looked more solid in tiebreaks, she had a good game against biosci where the broken bat put in work and she played well. Bowman went 1-1 winning against Qwello and losing to sawamura where he for the most part looked fine but I think Qwello was looking pretty bad in both tiebreaks games and I don't see umbry making the same mistakes Qwello made.

duckpond vs Eddie1840 - Interesting match both players have more VGC experience both are 3-1 and both won their tiebreaks match pretty well with some help from their opponents. I'm gonna go with duckpond here just because I think he's slightly better and will bring a better team that can help secure him the win.

I know I predicted LATAM to lose both their games but I think I'd predict them as second most likely to move on to playoffs over US West as they've been pretty consistently overperforming expectations a bit and both their matchups have good upset potential with how things have been looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)