DOU Doubles World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Semifinals (Tiebreaker - see post #32)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fran

formerly Frania
is a Tiering Contributor
The Doubles World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Semifinals
dwcop-2020-final.jpg

Logo by GenOne
Hosted by
Frania

Schedule Sheet
Admin Thread

Standard Tournament Procedures:

The general tournament rules and guidelines can be found here.
Please read them very carefully.

Deadline for this round of games is Sunday, November 29th at 11:59PM GMT-5. Good luck to all participants!

Attachments

Last edited:
Team Mediterranean (5) vs Canada (1)

duckpond (55) vs Eisenherz (45)
I'm not too familiar with either of these players. Pretty sure that duckpond is a VGC main which should help him some playing in this format. I give the slight edge to duckpond just because he played a game in pools and won. I would also imagine he will just be playing with a team smb made for him and team med seems more likely to have their player prepared

DLT JRL BELL (60) vs Grandmas Cookin (40)
Great mu between two players that went 3-0 in pools. Giving the edge to JRL because he's played in a lot of high stakes games within the past couple of months. Both players seem to be transitioning well to the new format and would not be surprised to see GC take this one.

Qwello Lee (60) vs KyleCole (40)
Super wild mu right here featuring maybe the most solid player in the tier right now in Qwello Lee vs one of the most wild players in DOU history in KyleCole. Giving a slight edge to Qwello coming off a dominant snake run while also going 3-0 in pools (also just beat the shit out of me in kick fwiw). I think KyleCole will whip some wild team up and play to catch qwello off guard as trying to play a standard positional game against qwello rn seems unwise. Kyle has always shown that he can beat anyone in the tier on any given day due to his insane prepwork so its just a matter of how creative he can be.

SMB (70) vs Mishimono (30)
Impossible to pick against the most accomplished dou player in the history of the tier. SMB is finally playing a meta that he enjoys again and seems very motivated to win this tournament. Mishimono can definitely beat SMB if he plays a perfect game which he is definitely capable of, but SMB will probably come out with a fresh idea and make compounding optimal plays turn after turn.

umbry (90) vs Mizuhime (10)
In my opinion the most lopsided mu of the semis. Umbry is just insane right now and Mizuhime hasn't actively kept up with a tier in a long time. Mizuhime definitely still can play mons at a competitive level, but umbry is in the conversation to be the best player in the tier at the moment. Canada should try and build a team that fishes hard for mu for mizu and see what happens.

Zigh (35) vs Z Strats (65)
Was surprised to see Zigh starting over Tenzai in this slot but team medi seemingly can't make a bad decision rn if they tried so I guess I will trust their judgement. A motivated Z strats has always been one of the toughest outs in dou and he is seemingly very much motivated rn. Been playing a lot with z strats lately and have been impressed with his performance so I def anticipate him to pull out this one.

APAC (3) vs Europe (3)

YoBuddy (70) vs Alpha Rabbit (30)
Although both players went 1-2 in pools, YoBuddy has been an elite dou player for a long time so i'm definitely giving him major odds to get this one done. Not too familiar with Alpha Rabbit but was actually v impressed with his play in pools despite the 1-2 finish. If APAC wants to advance, this is a must win mu for them so I expect YoBuddy to put the time in and not take this mu lightly.

DragonWhale (40) vs AuraRayquaza (60)
Once again, both players went 1-2 in pool but I'm going to give the odds to the person that has played more doubles which is AuraRayquaza in this instance. ARay brought p similar teams to all his pool games so I expect him to get together with Fran and Yoda to try and make something new as to not be too predictable. Just like YoBuddy is a must win mu for APAC, this feels like a must win mu for team Europe.

Memoric (51) vs Frania (49)
Probably the most important mu of the entire semifinals. APAC and Europe seem like incredibly even teams so it might all come down to which one of their carries wins this mu. Both memo and fran are incredibly used to playing in spotlight mus so I don't think nerves will be an issue for either one, however, i'm giving the slightest of odds to memo solely because he went 3-0 in pools while fran went 2-1. Will be super interesting to see what teams both players roll up with but needless to say all eyes will be on this mu

Nido-Rus (55) vs k 8 s m (45)
Long-time doubles player nido-rus vs newcomer k 8 s m. For those that don't know, k 8 s m was put into a pool of death with jake, umbry, and kichii and came out at 2-1 despite being a relatively unknown player. Depsite that impressive run, still gonna give odds to Nido to win this mu solely because of his experience. Nido always plays to win from the builder and I expect him to come out with some fire for this game.

no one interesting (45) vs Sakura☆ (55)
Two relatively unknown players that both went 2-1 in pools. From my understanding, Sakura is a VGC main that has actually played a good bit of dou for suspect tests and performed well. Giving Sakura the odds because he clearly knows how to position well in this format and I expect yoda and fran to make sure he rolls up with a solid team.

florist (30) vs Yoda2798 (70)
I think Yoda has appreciated the change in format more than anyone else in dou. Ever since dlc2, this man has abused me in all of our test games with innovative yet solid teams. I fully expect him to keep playing well in this mu despite Florist beating DOU legend shrop in pools.

Akaru Kokuyo

Discord: Akaruyo
is a Top Tiering Contributor
World Defender
Team Mediterranean (5) vs Canada (1)

duckpond (75) vs Eisenherz (25)
If I'm being honest, I barely know anything about these players, but duckpond showed such a high level on his pools game that I'm totally leaning to him. Besides, he has freaking duck on his name, how can someone not predict in his favor.

DLT JRL BELL (55) vs Grandmas Cookin (45)
Pheww this is going to be a good game to watch. JRL is one of the new spanish rising stars and has done really well on pools, showing off a perfect 3-0 . I didn't know Grandmas until this tour but It gave me a good surprise with the level he desplayed on his games (Except last game with early Zyg throw >:v). I think It'll definetely be a close match, but I'll bet for JRL's winning streak to continue here.

Qwello Lee (50) vs KyleCole (50)
Another match featuring a 3-0 player. I think Qwello performance overall this year has been great and he's definetely one of the top players at the momment, but Kyle is Kyleeeeeee. You can't underestimate his 3000000 IQ builds or you'll end up losing turn 1. I think both have the potential to win this game tbh, but again, I'll bet once more on Qwello's streak to continue.

SMB (200) vs Mishimono (Not 200)
Sorry Mish I am a fan of you but I just can't bet against my apprentice Jesucristo SMB ))): . I think it is impossible to actually prepare vs someone like SMB who ALWAYS innovates and brings something not seen before on tournaments, so Mishi will have to fish the good MU and outplay if he wants to take on this colossal titan.

umbry (200) vs Mizuhime (Not 200 again)
If this was BW, I would probably give the edge to Mizuhime. But it isn't. Umbry is probably top 3 best dubs players atm and I'm pretty sure she's thirsty for winning this tour. Mizu on the other hand hasn't been very active on the circuit (I think? I haven't either so I'm not sure :´v), and I predict some kind of curse for losing to Blissey Shuckle will happen. I wouldn't bet my life on umbry though, Mizu is still capable of turning the tables and get the match!

Zigh (45) vs Z Strats (55)
Damnnn I hate to bet against my man Zigh but I think Z Strats just has more experience on this format than him. Definetely a close game and one I'm looking forward to watch, may the best one win!

APAC (4) vs Europe (2)

YoBuddy (80) vs Alpha Rabbit (20)
YoBuddy is like a Barbie, he's pretty much every single thing you can think of. Hiker, baker, teacher, and between those jobs, he's also a solid player and good builder. I don't really know Alpha Rabbit so I can't give an opinion of him, but looking at his 1-2 record in pools and the good year YoBuddy has had (despite yobuddy also going 1-2), I'll just give a huge gap here.

DragonWhale (50) vs AuraRayquaza (50)
I'd usually give more advantage to Aray, but he's probably unmotivated with Marshadow ban (Good thing that ass mon got banned btw) and will affect his teambuild. DragonWhile iirc is a Battle Spot player, but I've seen him play Dubs since years ago and he's good. I think whoever has the matchup advantage and makes full use of it will take the game!

Memoric (50) vs Frania (50)
Oh my god this game will be good. I actually used to think Memo didn't play as good as before because he wasn't that active anymore (I know im stupid LOL) or idk what happened to me that lead me to think he wasn't playing, but coming straight from the APAC Agency he's now with a 3-0 record. I don't think I need to describe frania. Everyone knows frania. This will be easily one of the top matches from the entire tournament. It's so even I would actually put a tie here, but following the same as JRL and Qwello, I'll bet on the 3-0 streak to continue. I think we'll have 3 4-0's until finals and then they might break there.

Nido-Rus (60) vs k 8 s m (40)
I'd probably put this game 100 - 0 if it wasn't because k8sm made an impressive 2-1 in one of the (if not the most) hardest pools. I'm still giving and edge to nidorus tho because of all the wild teams he makes. He'll probably sneak a Kakuna or some shit like that and win with it. If someone can manage to win using the most unique Pokémon or sets, it's definetely this man.

no one interesting (50) vs Sakura☆ (50)
I know almost nothing from these players, I'm sorry :c . I'll bet on no one interesting because he taught how to play doubles to my player in pools.

florist (40) vs Yoda2798 (60)
I would give Yoda a wider advantage on this game if this was played 2 weeks ago. After a solid 2-1 display on pools, florist shows that he ain't as rusted as everyone thought. His opponent, however, is Yodatwosevennineeight, former Master or Sensei or something like that of the current best Doubles player of the moment, Diosito zikam. I expect this game to be a close one, but ultimately give the win to Yoda with some wild predictions.

sawamura

Banned deucer.
Team Mediterranean (4) vs Canada (2)

duckpond vs Eisenherz : This Predict is mostly a bet on Canada. I haven't seen one by Duckpond that can guide me to his side but apparently it's more of a gamble than going for someone in particular.

DLT JRL BELL vs Grandmas Cookin : Jose is at an Excellent Level right now shooting 3-0 in your pool (albeit with a little luck in your Game 3) and you are up against another 3-0 as Grandmass Cooking who has shown confidence in this WCOP, solid plays and good Reading of the Game that have allowed you both to come out victorious Both, but I can't go against one of my Friends of this wcop who has been overcoming Challenges. Grandmass Cooking I hope you shut my mouth by beating Jose you are also a good player and I hope to see a Great Battle

Qwello Lee vs KyleCole: I've seen Kylecole this year move his pieces in the shadows little by little has been lying quietly to many players both to reach the top of some seasonal this year (which is not uncommon because it is a player with travel in the past) and face a feeling as qwello Lee has won the love of many people at least mine and I think you can give a blows in this match up, another battle that I would like to see. ( Best momentum Vs Best Experience).

SMB vs Mishimono: Clearly I consider SMB to be the winner, as they have perfectly mastered the Circuit with Ezrael this year and there is not much to say. Mishiimono has got us used to always being consistent in tournaments and being a surprise when you least expect it.

umbry vs Mizuhime : I've never had the confidence to talk to Umbry nor has she been one of my players (no idea if you're a man or a woman) but I've been watching those matches you've had and what you've climbed, I hope some day to talk with you and make teams which are very interesting (if you are Building in SS) and on the other hand there is a mizuhine which has been very off this year, I remember when we had that match by DLT 3 years ago xD which was my first tour and you win 2-1 and from there I assumed that you are a good player but umbry is above in this game which is one of the least interested in seeing for. As I always say I hope I am wrong so you both feel that the balance is never against you.

Zigh vs Z Strats : Here I give Z strats 100/100 literally above Zigh and his level of Creativity in Effective Play/Core that allows him to have a mastery of the Strange Game can overcome the obstacles and because this is a Battle that can Win. Zigh had a fall in his pool, which is not a concern since his team can make it.

APAC (3) vs Europe (3)

YoBuddy vs Alpha Rabbit: Here the difference in level is very high, literally the Build of Yobuddy for me is one of the most fun and reliable you can choose because he has Core the different ways to adapt to a match of each Rival and surprising us with rare but excellent cores like Z Strats. Alpha Rabbit I have not seen him stand out and that's why my vote is for Yobuddy, I live saying this in my predicts and I always hope to be wrong with the one that is pointed out against him

DragonWhale vs AuraRayquaza : Definitely a Dragon Whale can not stand before auraray who returned to the middle of the circuit and demonstrating their ability to adapt in the Top. Dragon Whale has had its moments but right now the moment is of Auraray which has but clear its plays and the readings to be able to compete by the WCOP, Cheers Dragon Whale your also can give surprise. Just wait for The Gamer Moment Aurarayquaza

Memoric vs Frania : So I can say the best match of all. are the players with which I have improved at the end of SM, on the one hand Andrew always has that ability to play passively at the beginning and then take the claws when you least expect it taking you to the limit forcing you to play what he wants but Frania is not an easy player to win since his game Standard Balanced is very difficult to break and seeing that both are players with very long runs and always compete for high places in the circuit will give a very good show. I go directly for my friend Andrew because I can never go against him, in most cases and Frania Well I wish you good luck and I know you will give a match which we can see and enjoy

Nido-Rus vs k 8 s m : Nido I guess that you have the necessary bases to take control in this Match I completely disregard with K8sm because I have not seen their routes.

no one interesting vs Sakura☆ : I choose sakura because of what I saw in her WCOP pool, I have nothing else to add

FloristtheBudew vs Yoda2798 : my Madam has to leave Victorious if or if in this match,

for my vision Apac and Europe will have a TieBreaker

PD: I would like to see EmbCPT play this metagame but since you can't have everything in this life just Mish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)