Move 1: Surf
Move 2: Thunder
Move 3: Spacial Rend
Move 4: Aqua Tail
Item: Lustrous Orb / Life Orb
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Palkia is an absolute terror with Kyogre support, with nearly no Pokemon being able to switch in on its attacks. In fact, Rain support is the crux of this set allowing Palkia to sweep both sides of the spectrum with it's physical and special STAB Water moves as well as benefiting from the accuracy boost it gives to Thunder.</p>

<p>Unlike the following Choice sets, this Palkia is used as a high-powered wall breaker as it is free to switch between moves, allowing it to constantly apply pressure to slower, defensive teams. Even though Surf (and Aqua Tail) only hits for super-effective on a few Ubers, when factoring in STAB, Weather support and a boosting item, type coverage doesn't seem to really matter. As for the Dragon, Water and Grass Types that do resist Palkia's fearsome water-based attacks, Spacial Rend and Thunder will at least hit the first two for super-effective damage.</p>

<p>Surf is Palkia's primary attack, capable of delivering OHKOs to the likes of Mewtwo, Darkrai and Scizor (as long as the rain is falling). Thunder puts a big dent in Kyogre and especially helps when dealing with Calm Mind variants. Thunder's high paralysis rate also helps in shutting down Lugia who relies on its Speed to setup Reflect and Roost off damage. Spacial Rend 2HKOs Dialga, Giratina and even extremely defensive versions of Latias. Aqua Tail does 52%-61% to Blissey in Ubers (4 HP / 252 Def Neutral) under Rain without a Lustrous Orb boost; multiply the numbers by 1.2 and you have a Blissey in pain.</p>

[SET]
Name: Choice Specs/Scarf (Rain)
Move 3: Spacial Rend / Draco Meteor
Item: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With a very comfortable base 100 Speed, Palkia always enjoys outpacing a large amount of the Ubers, including powerhouses such as Kyogre and Rayquaza. However, due the popularity and power of ScarfOgre and the Dragon Dancing Rayquaza set, Palkia's Speed can't often be used at its full potential. However, with its own Choice Scarf, Palkia can continue to beat these threats as well as a variety of its usual counters.</p>

<p>Choice Scarf Palkia has the luxury of outspeeding the likes of Latias, Darkrai, Mewtwo and Deoxys-F, and has the opportunity to almost OHKO every one of these usually faster threats. Stealth Rock support is suggested to eliminate any annoying Focus Sashes (fairly common on Darkrai and Deoxys-F), while also guaranteeing OHKOs on Latias and Mewtwo (if you're using Spacial Rend).</p>

<p>With Choice Specs, Surf puts a gigantic dent in Dialga and non-Water, Grass or Dragon Arceus, easily 2HKOing both of them. Spacial Rend/Draco Meteor is up to you. Draco Meteor is a hit and run move and is perfect with Choice Specs, but the Special Attack drop can greatly disenfranchise Palkia, especially when confronted by Tyranitar or Scizor. This set is largely played similiar to the Mixed Attacker set, but trades versatility for raw power and speed.</p>

[SET]
Name: Choice Specs/Scarf (Sun)
Move 1: Fire Blast
Move 2: Thunder / Spacial Rend
Move 3: Draco Meteor
Move 4: Focus Punch

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Unlike previous sets, this version of Choice Palkia is designed to combat Bulky Steels and to be used in conjunction with Groudon. This Palkia still outspeeds and does well against the Dragon Dancing Rayquaza and Choice Scarf Kyogre, when employing a Choice Scarf.</p>

<p>Fire Blast, when boosted by the Sun, provides definite OHKOs on Bulky Steels like Jirachi, Registeel and Bronzong that can usually stand in its way. Despite Fire Blast's shaky accuracy and low PP, it is largely recommended over Flamethrower due to its higher Base Power, which helps compensate for the lack of STAB.</p>

<p>Draco Meteor is also stressed as a much more useful move if you are using Fire Blast due to an absence of rain. Additionally, Draco Meteor somewhat remedies Palkia's relatively 'weak' attacks, and provides a definite 2HKO on any non-support Groudon. Focus Punch is your best option against a SpDef-oriented Dialga as well as Blissey, but requires a great deal of prediction to be used effectively. Focus Punch becomes Palkia's physical move of choice, dealing 77%-90% to the most defensive Blissey seen in Ubers as well as offering a straight out, OHKO on Tyranitar. However, you must exersise this attack wisely at it leaves you more widely open than any of Palkia's other attacks.</p>

---

Nitpick away, further suggestions are gladly welcomed. This was a big revamp for me (biggest ever actually) so i'm sure i've missed something while rewriting.

Thanks to all that have helped so far! (updated first post as well.)

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
I would definitely put Fire Blast as an option over Surf. Fire Blast is the only thing that is doing to damage Jirachi (and the less common Bronzong) under non-rainy conditions, and most of the things Palkia revenges are being picked off with your Dragon move or Thunder.

Focus Punch should also be mentioned as hitting Dialga, as if Ev'ed correctly than Dialga does well against this set.

If not using Surf, I would also recommend Draco Meteor as your primary move, as the loss of power when using Spacial Rend is very noticeable.

Added in a paragraphy discussing which moves to pick and why. Another question, is Thunderbolt an option over Thunder in non-rainy conditions?

Personally, i feel Thunder is really only there for Kyogre who will make it 100% accurate anyway. Therefore i believe that Thunder > Thunderbolt, even without a Kyogre of your own on your team. It's used to seek out opposing Kyogres and rip them apart.

Also, Thunderbolt isn't even a guaranteed 2HKO on 252 HP/0 SpD Kyogre. But with all the weather-related mayhem, i'd be interested in the thoughts of others regarding Thunder and Thunderbolt.

also providing a definite 2HKOs on Groudon
Does this need to be pluaralized? The presence of 'a' before 'definate' really makes it sound linguistically awkward.

Just wondering if you took into account the drop in Sp atk with draco meteor on the scarf version (which would be locked into said attack obviously) when you mentioned the definate 2hko on groudon. Sometimes these things are forgotten when we casually look upon the stat calculator, I know I'm guilty of it.

Yep, good catch. I originally was listing a number of pokemon where Draco Meteor 2HKO'd but only wound up with Groudon. Yes, I factored in the -2 SpAtk drop.

399 SpAtk Palkia's Draco Meteor VS 252 HP / 60 SpDef Groudon.
65%-76% Damage.

199 SpAtk (-2 Stages) Palkia's Draco Meteor VS 252 HP / 60 SpDef Groudon.
33%-38% Damage.

That's currently the bulkiest Groudon to date. In retrospect there is a miniscule chance of surviving (if you hit for minimum damage both times) after factoring in Leftovers. However on Standard CB Groudon (second bulkiest set around).

399 SpAtk Palkia's Draco Meteor VS 252 HP / 0 SpDef Groudon.
69%-81% Damage.

199 SpAtk (-2 Stages) Palkia's Draco Meteor VS 252 HP / 0 SpDef Groudon.
35%-41% Damage.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Draco Meteor will always 2HK0 Groudon, even with the Special Attack drop after the first attack. Groudon would need to have around 240-250 Special Defense (a good 100+ EVs) in order to have an okay to decent chance to survive.

I agree on Thunder over Thunderbolt. Surf/Fire Blast will be for any Steels that are there, and Kyogre and Lugia are the primary targets for Thunder. You could mention it in other options, but Thunder will be more useful in almost every single situation you would be using Scarf Palkia for.

Yep. Thunderbolt isn't even a 2HKO on Standard Lugia (41%-48% damage). With Pressure and Lefties you'd not the 10% chance of paralysis or a critical hit to take it out. Leaving Thunderbolt completely, imo.

Thanks for providing the calcs on that train man. Something told me in the back of my head there was a chance Groudon could live through the meteors somehow but you are essentially correct, good call.

I'm also wanting to throw my opinion behind thunder. Kyogre, at least in my experience, shows up in most uber matches one way or the other and makes thunder definately more awesome than thunderbolt.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was just planning to write up an analysis for Scarf Palkia :(. This is the second time in a row where someone posted what was supposed to be my first analysis before me. Anyway. Looks fine, I didn't see any typos. I'd say just drop Fire Blast and mention it in other options. I just don't feel Fire Blast is useful enough to be mentioned along side Surf. I guess it benefits from Drought but still I've found Surf more useful (unless for some reason, why I wouldn't know, you are extremely frightened by Shedinja). I'd say just mention it in other options rather than alongside Surf.

Also, does a DD LO Extremespeed OHKO Palkia (I'm willing to bet it does). I'd mention that when revenging Rayquaza this should be watched out for that, if it does indeed OHKO.

Edit: Actually there are a few typo's and I just have some suggestions to make it sounds more natural.

[SET]
Name: Choice Scarf
Move 1: Surf / Fire Blast
Move 2: Spacial Rend / Draco Meteor
Move 3: Focus Punch / Aqua Tail
Move 4: Thunder
Item: Choice Scarf

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With a very comfortable Base 100 Speed stat, Palkia enjoys already outpacing many ubers, including powerhouses such as Kyogre and Rayquaza. However due the popularity and power of ScarfOgre and the Dragon Dancing Rayquaza set, Palkia's speed isn't always put to its full potential. However with its own Choice Scarf, Palkia can continue to beat these threats as well as a variety of its usual counters.</p>

<p>Fire Blast can be selected over Surf, if you're team is packing Drought over Drizzle. Draco Meteor is also stressed as a much more useful move if you are using Fire Blast due to an absence of rain. Draco Meteor also somewhat remedies Palkia's relatively 'weak' attacks, also providing a definite 2HKO on any non-support Groudon. Focus Punch is also heavily suggested over Aqua Tail for weather-related reasons as well as being your best option against a SpDef-oriented Dialga.

<p>Choice Scarf Palkia has the luxury of outspeeding the likes of Latias, Darkrai, Mewtwo and Deoxys-F, and has the oppurtunity to almost OHKO every one of these usually faster threats. However, without the boost from Items like Life Orb or Lustrous Orb, the relatively low Base Power on Palkia's moves (if your moves aren't being boosted by the weather) and the inability to switch attacks, it doesn't boast the same wall-breaking power as other sets.</p>

<p>There are a lot of alternate spreads for Choice Scarf Palkia, but this is for the most part, the most useful as it will allow to at least tie against opposing Scarf Palkias. It's reccommended that the lowest amount of Speed EVs you should be running is 212, enough to outpace a Jolly Rayquaza with either a Choice Scarf around its neck or a Dragon Dance under its belt. Leftover EVs should be dumped in to Attack, helping Palkia take out Blissey with its desired physical attack.</p>

Jolly, DD LO Extremespeed VS Hasty 0/0 Palkia.
66% - 77%.

Sorry Caelum =/

Fire Blast is mainly for Jirachi/Bronzong, hitting Shedinja is just a nice bonus. In neutral weather, Surf has 142.5 BP (after STAB), whereas Fire Blast has 120.

However, going on what is hit for Super effective damage (240 BP), Fire Blast hits the likes of Jirachi, Scizor, Metagross, Shedinja and Celebi.

Surf hits Groudon (though the nullification of power from Sunny Day sorta voids this), Tyranitar and Heatran.

I vote it stays, but i'm still very much open to suggestion.

EDIT: Also, Spatial Rend is a slightly more powerful STAB move that is only resisted by Steel-types (who are hit for SE by Focus Punch or Fire Blast).

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jolly, DD LO Extremespeed VS Hasty 0/0 Palkia.
66% - 77%.

Sorry Caelum =/

Apparently I'm wrong, ignore that part. For some reason I thought I recalled it OHKOd my Scarf Palkia once. Maybe it was Sword Dance Extremespeed and not DD.

Fire Blast is mainly for Jirachi/Bronzong, hitting Shedinja is just a nice bonus. In neutral weather, Surf has 142.5 BP (after STAB), whereas Fire Blast has 120.

However, going on what is hit for Super effective damage (240 BP), Fire Blast hits the likes of Jirachi, Scizor, Metagross, Shedinja and Celebi.

Surf hits Groudon (though the nullification of power from Sunny Day sorta voids this), Tyranitar and Heatran.

I vote it stays, but i'm still very much open to suggestion.

I personally wouldn't use Fire Blast but after reading your arguments for it, I decided to do some damage calcs on Fire Blast and you've changed my mind and I do agree it should be mentioned alongside Surf. Possibly elaborate a little more on the uses of Fire Blast just a small amount (like a sentence or two so this thing doesn't become a way too long) so you don't get someone like me who didn't really consider some of the uses of Fire Blast (they aren't quite as obvious as they may seem to an uber pro like you :D).

EDIT: Also, Spatial Rend is a slightly more powerful STAB move that is only resisted by Steel-types (who are hit for SE by Focus Punch or Fire Blast).

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
You'll want to cut down a slash or two on this set. Since you seem to heavily stress Focus Punch and Draco Meteor, you can make them the sole options and just explain potential other options in the set comments.

Just a nitpick but when you say "Base 100 Speed stat" I suggest you change it to "base 100 Speed" That is pretty much all there is, nice job, and very well written.

Caelum, i'll add something in regarding Fire Blast VS Surf when I get the time.

Hrmm, ok. I'll remove Aqua Tail but I think the choice between Spacial Rend and Draco Meteor should be determined by the user. It is more of a personal choice in the end.

Sikh, thanks for the catch.

You may want to mention some more reasons than the one that you have listed for using Focus Punch. Adding to that, I would add a note how you have to predict very well to use FP effectively.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Same moveset, same EVs, same nature. The only big difference I see is the item. You might as well merge this with Specs and MixAttacker. They're played essentially the same way anyway, especially with the Specs set: hit and run, revenge kill, or counter by switching into Surfs etc.

I suggest Aqua Tail alongside Focus Punch on this peer edit, as it can 2HKO a 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey and requires slightly less prediction.

I would like to suggest to allow the Mix Attacker having its own set and merge Scarf with Specs OR let them all have their own descriptions and comments, which I will happily help with.

Ok, you can split up the first set in the analysis into:

Lustrous Orb/Life Orb
- Surf
- Thunder
- Spatial Rend
- Aqua Tail

Choice Specs/Scarf (Rain)
- Spatial Rend / Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunder
- Aqua Tail

Choice Specs/Scarf (Sun)
- Spatial Rend / Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Focus Punch

The comments you already have are good, so try not to change them too much. Adapt them to fit the Specs/Scarf sets. Orb set will need a new description, but some of what is already on the analysis page is still appropriate so you can use parts of that.

Hrmm, excellent idea, Junior/Phuquoh.

I'll write up 'new-ish' new analysises for the 'Choice - Rain', 'Choice - Sun' and 'Lustrous/Life Orb' sets. Largely using what has already been put forward though. I'll try to get on it as soon as I can.

I know you're probably going to do some re-arrangement of the descriptions, but I figured I might as well find what errors I could now.
However with its own Choice Scarf, Palkia can continue to beat these threats as well as a variety of its usual counters.</p>
comma right after However

<p>Fire Blast can be selected over Surf, if you're team is packing Drought over Drizzle.
your, not you're

Draco Meteor is also stressed as a much more useful move if you are using Fire Blast due to an absence of rain. Draco Meteor also somewhat remedies Palkia's relatively 'weak' attacks, also providing a definite 2HKO on any non-support Groudon.
You're using also three times in two sentences; it'd probably sound better if you deleted both first also in the second sentence and started with "Additionally, Draco Meteor" and replaced "also providing" with "and provides".

<p>Choice Scarf Palkia has the luxury of outspeeding the likes of Latias, Darkrai, Mewtwo and Deoxys-F, and has the oppurtunity

opportunity, not oppurtunity

<p>There are a lot of alternate spreads for Choice Scarf Palkia, but this is for the most part, the most useful

not completely necessary but IMO it would sound better rephrased as "There are a lot of alternate spreads for Choice Scarf Palkia, but for the most part, this is the most useful..."

as it will allow to at least tie against opposing Scarf Palkias

"you", "this Palkia", or something similar should be added after allow.

Leftover EVs should be dumped in to Attack, helping Palkia take out Blissey with its desired physical attack.</p>

into, not in to

Article revamp, it seems:

[SET]
Name: Mixed Attacker

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Palkia is an absolute terror with Kyogre support, with nearly no pokemon able to switch in on its attacks. In fact, Rain support is the crux of this set allowing Palkia to sweep both sides of the spectrum with it's physical and special STAB water moves and the accuracy boost it gives to Thunder.</p>

<p>Unlike the following choice sets, this Palkia is used as a high-powered Wall breaker as it is free to switch between moves, allowing it to constantly applpy pressure to slower, defensive teams. Even though Surf (and Aqua Tail) only hits for super effective on a few Ubers, when in conjunction with STAB, Weather support and a boosting item, type coverage doesn't seem to really matter.</p>

<p>Surf is Palkia's primary sweeping move, capable of delivering OHKOs to the likes of Mewtwo, Darkrai and Scizor (as long as the rain is falling). Thunder puts a big dent in Kyogre and especially helps when dealing with Calm Mind variants. Thunder's high paralysis rate also helps in shutting down Lugia who relies on its speed to setup Reflect and Roost off damage. Spacial Rend 2HKOs Dialga, Giratina and even etremely defensive versions of Latias. Aqua Tail does 52%-61% to Blissey in Ubers (4 HP / 252 Def Neutral) under Rain without a Lustrous Orb boost; multiply the numbers by 1.2 and you have a Blissey in pain.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With a very comfortable base 100 Speed, Palkia enjoys always outpacing a large amount of the Ubers, including powerhouses such as Kyogre and Rayquaza. However due the popularity and power of ScarfOgre and the Dragon Dancing Rayquaza set, Palkia's speed isn't often to put to its full potential. However, with its own Choice Scarf, Palkia can continue to beat these threats as well as a variety of its usual counters.</p>

<p>Thanks to the already heightened power given to Palkia's STAB Water attacks via the almost omnipresent rain, Palkia can choose to either push it's Special Attack or Speed to levels that are desiged to destroy Palkia's usual switch-ins.</p>

<p>Choice Scarf Palkia has the luxury of outspeeding the likes of Latias, Darkrai, Mewtwo and Deoxys-F, and has the opportunity to almost OHKO every one of these usually faster threats. Stealth Rock support is suggested to eliminate any annoying Focus Sashes (fairly common on Darkrai and Deoxys-F), while also guaranteeing OHKOs on Latias and Mewtwo (if you're using Spacial Rend).</p>

<p>However, with Choice Specs, Surf puts a gigantic dent in Dialga and non Water, Grass or Dragon Arceus, easily 2HKOing both of them. Spacial Rend/Draco Meteor is up to you. Draco Meteor is a hit and run move and is perfect with Choice Specs, but after the SpAtk drop can greatly disenfranchise Palkia, especially when confronted by Tyranitar or Scizor.</p>

[SET]
Move 3: Focus Punch
Move 4: Spacial Rend / Draco Meteor

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Unlike previous sets, this version of Choice Palkia is designed to combat Bulky Steels and to be used in conjunction with Groudon. This Palkia still outspeeds and does well against the Dragon Dancing Rayquazas and Choice Scarf Kyogres.</p>

<p>Fire Blast, when boosted by the Sun, provides definite OHKOs on Bulky Steels like Jirachi, Registeel and Bronzong that can usually stand in its way. Despite Fire Blast's shaky accuracy and low PP, it is largely reccommended over Flamethrower due to it's higher Base Power, which helps compensate for the lack of STAB.</p>

<p>Draco Meteor is also stressed as a much more useful move if you are using Fire Blast due to an absence of rain. Additionally, Draco Meteor somewhat remedies Palkia's relatively 'weak' attacks, and provides a definite 2HKO on any non-support Groudon. Focus Punch is your best option against a SpDef-oriented Dialga as well as Blissey, but requires a great deal of prediction to be used effectively.</p>

---

Nitpick away, further suggestions are gladly welcomed. This was a big revamp for me (biggest ever actually) so i'm sure i've missed something while rewriting.

Thanks to all that have helped so far! (updated first post as well.)

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
[SET]
Name: Mixed Attacker

Move 4: Aqua Tail / Focus Punch

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Palkia is an absolute terror with Kyogre support, with nearly no Pokemon being able to switch in on its attacks. In fact, Rain support is the crux of this set allowing Palkia to sweep both sides of the spectrum with it's physical and special STAB Water moves as well as benefiting from the accuracy boost it gives to Thunder.</p>
<p>Unlike the following Choice sets, this Palkia is used as a high-powered wall breaker as it is free to switch between moves, allowing it to constantly apply pressure to slower, defensive teams. Even though Surf (and Aqua Tail) only hits for super-effective on a few Ubers, STAB, Weather support and a boosting item, type coverage doesn't seem to really matter.</p>
I didn't like the 'when in conjunction with.......' because it makes it confusing in a way that only hitting SE on a few things will be beneficial (which isn't the case lol).

<p>Surf is Palkia's primary attack, capable of delivering OHKOs to the likes of Mewtwo, Darkrai and Scizor (as long as the rain is falling).
Thunder puts a big dent in Kyogre and especially helps when dealing with Calm Mind variants. Thunder's high paralysis rate also helps in shutting down Lugia, who relies on its Speed to setup Reflect and Roost off damage. Spacial Rend 2HKOs Dialga, Giratina and even extremely defensive versions of Latias. Aqua Tail does 52%-61% to Blissey in Ubers (4 HP / 252 Def Neutral) under Rain without a Lustrous Orb boost; multiply the numbers by 1.2 and you have a Blissey in pain.</p>

Surf can't exactly sweep with the amount of resistance (common Dragons) so 'attack' would be better.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With a very comfortable base 100 Speed, Palkia always enjoys outpacing a large amount of the Ubers, including powerhouses such as Kyogre and Rayquaza. However, due the popularity and power of ScarfOgre and the Dragon Dancing Rayquaza set, Palkia's Speed can't often be used at its full potential. However, with its own Choice Scarf, Palkia can continue to beat these threats as well as a variety of its usual counters.</p>

Eh, sounded awkward so I came up with the first sentence I thought of that made sense.

<p>Thanks to the already heightened power given to Palkia's STAB Water attacks via the almost omnipresent rain, Palkia can choose to either push it's Special Attack or Speed to levels that are designed to destroy Palkia's usual switch-ins.</p>
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here, so I'd make it more precise (i.e. are you talking about nature or EVs or the spreads?)

<p>Choice Scarf Palkia has the luxury of outspeeding the likes of Latias, Darkrai, Mewtwo and Deoxys-F, and has the opportunity to almost OHKO every one of these former threats. Stealth Rock support is suggested to eliminate any annoying Focus Sashes (fairly common on Darkrai and Deoxys-F), while also guaranteeing OHKOs on Latias and Mewtwo (if you're using Spacial Rend).</p>
<p>However, with Choice Specs, Surf puts a gigantic dent in Dialga and non-Water, Grass or Dragon Arceus, easily 2HKOing both of them. Spacial Rend or Draco Meteor is up to you. Draco Meteor is a hit and run move and is perfect with Choice Specs, but the Special Attack drop can greatly disenfranchise Palkia, especially when confronted by Tyranitar or Scizor.</p>
[SET]
Move 2: Special Rend / Thunder
Move 3: Focus Punch
Move 4: Draco Meteor

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Unlike previous sets, this version of Choice Palkia is designed to combat Bulky Steels and to be used in conjunction with Groudon. This Palkia still outspeeds and does well against the Dragon Dancing Rayquaza and Choice Scarf Kyogre.</p>

<p>Fire Blast, when boosted by the Sun, provides definite OHKOs on Bulky Steels like Jirachi, Registeel and Bronzong that can usually stand in its way. Despite Fire Blast's shaky accuracy and low PP, it is largely recommended over Flamethrower due to its higher Base Power, which helps compensate for the lack of STAB.</p>

<p>Draco Meteor is also stressed as a much more useful move if you are using Fire Blast due to an absence of rain. Additionally, Draco Meteor somewhat remedies Palkia's relatively 'weak' attacks, and provides a definite 2HKO on any non-support Groudon. Focus Punch is your best option against a SpDef-oriented Dialga as well as Blissey, but requires a great deal of prediction to be used effectively.</p>
Moved Special Rend to /Thunder because of Thunder's unreliability without Rain support, and having a decent and reliable STAB attack is needed for late game.

Anymore comments? Frankly, I think my 'revamped' articles are pretty weak, so even big rewrites would be appreciated.

Ok, last bump (and sorry for the triple post). I've made tweaked this to it's best, removed some redundancies and added in more flavour. I'm going to upload this in an hour's time unless any has anymore suggestions or corrections. Thanks again.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This set is largely played similiar to the Mixed Attacker set, but trades versatilityfor raw power and speed.

Only mistake I could find. Looks good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)