move 3: U-turn
move 4: Hypnosis / Quick Attack / Shadow Claw
item: Life Orb / Focus Sash
ability: Limber
nature: Jolly
evs: 236 Atk / 20 Def / 236 Spe
ivs: 0 HP

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Nearly anything with a STAB boosted Fake Out is a good candidate for a Fake Out lead set, and Glameow is no exception. When using a Life Orb, Glameow's Fake Out will be doing considerable damage to most leads, while stopping them from doing anything in return. Fake Out also works well with Sucker Punch, often allowing it to take out most leads with a one-two attack combination. U-turn makes Glameow a useful Fake-turner, allowing you to scout for counters and weaken them at the same time.</p>

<p>The fourth move choice is a matter of preference. Hypnosis allows you to incapacitate one of your opponent's Pokémon temporarily, while Quick Attack gives it yet another priority move to abuse. Lastly, if Misdreavus and other Ghost-type Pokemon are ruining your day, using Shadow Claw can severely hurt them. However, to come out on top against such Ghost-type Pokemon like Misdreavus and Gastly, you will have to predict perfectly and use Sucker Punch on their attack and Shadow Claw when they use Substitute. The choice between Life Orb and Focus Sash depends on whether you want more power behind your attacks or if you want to survive a powerful hit in the lead spot, or have two chances to hit your target with Hypnosis. If you are using a Life Orb, reduce your HP IV to 0 in order to reduce recoil to 1 HP per attack.</p>

<p>Optimally, Glameow's teammates should be able to deal with troublesome opposing leads. Mantyke does this best, as it is capable of switching into Hippopotas and Phanpy easily (watch out for Head Smash), and can also switch into Snover in a pinch. Bronzor also switches into many troublesome leads easily, and can take advantage of them to set up Stealth Rock or screens. When not using Shadow Claw, Stunky can make for a useful midgame teammate, dispatching Ghost-types who can switch into Glameow for free.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>Glameow appreciates the removal of Steel- and Ghost-types such as Bronzor and Misdreavus. Magnemite, Stunky, and Choice Scarf Houndour do a good job at removing those two, allowing Glameow to wreak havoc. Since Glameow's main role is that of a priority revenge killer, it pairs well with powerful sweepers who lack priority to finish off their weakened targets. Gastly, Mantyke and Cranidos make good partners as they take down Glameow’s counters with relative ease.</p>

<p>Defensively, Glameow is more of a hit-and-run Pokemon, so having bulky Pokemon to switch into the battlefield is recommended. Glameow also benefits from having its side of the field clear of Stealth Rock and Spikes, as they drastically reduce Glameow's survivability, especially when Life Orb is factored in. As such, Glameow should be paired with Taunt leads such as Voltorb or Gligar, or Pokemon with Rapid Spin such as Staryu and Squirtle, when not used in the lead position.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Glameow has few usable moves other than the ones mentioned above. With a Naive nature, Hidden Power Grass may be used on the Lead set to OHKO Kabuto, Omanyte, and Onix. However, Glameow usually has better things to do.</p>

[EVs]

<p>Maximum Attack and Speed are needed, and the remaining EVs give you one point in Defense. While using a Life Orb, the 0 HP IVs allow you to take only one HP of recoil damage per attack. When using Hidden Power Grass, a Naive nature should be used with an EV spread of 240 Atk / 24 SpA / 236 Spe.</p>

[Opinion]

<p>Many feel that the lack of Technician really hurts Glameow's prospects of being the Fake Out lead of choice. However, Glameow's access to Sucker Punch and STAB Quick Attack make it potent at revenge killing threats with a considerable amount of HP, something Meowth does not do quite as well. However, its sub-par defenses and reliance on priority mean that anything faster with a priority attack spells doom for Glameow. Don’t underestimate Glameow, though, as it can easily deal a hefty amount of damage to your team.</p>

[Counters]

<p>Like most Normal-types, Glameow is badly walled by Bronzor. Gligar and Phanpy can take Glameow's attacks with ease, and provided they avoid Hypnosis, can OHKO Glameow with a STAB Earthquake. Glameow is helpless against Misdreavus when not running Shadow Claw, as Misdreavus can avoid Sucker Punch by using Substitute or burning Glameow with Will-o-Wisp. In reality, most Substitute users give Glameow trouble, forcing it to U-turn out. Choice Scarf Machop is also a solid check, shrugging off Quick Attack thanks to its bulk and OHKOing back with DynamicPunch. Generally, anything faster than Glameow that can survive a priority attack can be used to counter Glameow. Choice Scarf Gligar, Choice Scarf Cranidos, and Choice Scarf Magnemite are Pokemon that can come in on Glameow easily and OHKO it with their STAB attacks. Faster priority users also give Glameow trouble as Sucker Punch fails against faster priority moves.</p>

Altair

just who is the coon?
Yeah since you asked me to work on Team Options especially, that's what I'll do! (I might add more in later)

[TEAM OPTIONS]

<p>Choice Glameow appreciates Stealth Rock support as Focus Sash no longer stops OHKOs. Dual Screens are also helpful, but they don't go a long way, as Glameow will still be taking a ton of damage even with Dual Screens up. Leading Glameow with a Focus Sash likes spin support to, because preserving that Sash can be very important in some situations. </p>

<p>When on the offensive, Glameow appreciates the removal of Steel- and Ghost-types such as Bronzor and Misdreavus. Magnemite and Stunky (I honestly think that Scarfed Houndour does a much better job than Stunky, but you can keep it if you wish) do a good job at removing those two, allowing Glameow to continue to spread havoc. Since Glameow's main job is a priority revenge killer, hard-hitting sweepers go well with it, mainly those that lack priority to finish off their weakened targets. Gastly, Mantyke, and Cranidos come to mind, and as they do a good job at taking down Glameow's counters, they are great choices and usually benefit any team.</p>

<p>Defensively, Glameow is more of a hit-and-run Pokemon, so having bulky Pokemon to switch into the battlefield are recommended. Glameow also appreciates having its side of the field clear of Stealth Rock and Spikes, as along with Life Orb they drastically reduce Glameow's survivability. As such, Taunt leads like Voltorb and Gligar or Rapid Spinners like Staryu or Squirtle greatly help Glameow.</p>
In a very quick look through of the rest, there is absolutely no reason to use Bite > Shadow Claw. The higher BP will help more often, and a higher crit rate added to that often outweighs the flinch imo.

EDIT: Oh ok

I put in Bite just to please SDS. For some reason he and Deck thought the flinch rate was good enough

Also stunky is mentioned because it can safely switchin to any of misdreavus' attacks. For more info read HYUs blog on LCF

thanks for the comments anyways

EDIT: Grammar checks and this could be finished

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
made a load of suggestions on #littlecup, to add to that maybe add some more to opinion about how it works that does not use Meowth as reference?

You actually need to list a few of the:
Generally anything faster than Glameow which can survive a priority attack can be used to check Glameow.
Also a note of faster priority users giving you big trouble would be good, and sub users especially ghosts.

Subbing ghosts are entioned, i added that they need to worry about SClaw though. Also only faster priority than Glameow would be QA Kid and SPDiglett, both of which can take one priority hit and OHKO with their move anyways
Scarf Priority is kinda dumb to mention here

Also I dont think youre meant to explian how stuff works in Opinion. Thats more to do with Set Comments, and its fairly obvious with Glammeow what needs to be done: Fake Out, SP or QA for the kill OR Uturn the fuck out

Changes in red.

[SET]
name: Priority Lead
move 1: Fake Out
move 2: Sucker Punch

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Nearly anything with a STAB Fake Out is a good candidate for a Fake Out lead set, and Glameow is no exception. When bolstered with a Life Orb, Glameow's STAB Fake Out will be doing considerable damage to most leads. Sucker Punch is a nice complement to Fake Out, often allowing it to take out most leads with a one-two combination. U-turn turns Glameow into a useful fake-turner, allowing you to scout for counters once you weaken the opposition with your priority move and then giving you a free switch to your own counter.</p>

<p>The fourth move choice is a matter of preference. Hypnosis allows you to incapacitate one of your opponent's Pokemon temporarily. Quick Attack gives you yet another priority move to use and abuse. Lastly, if Misdreavus and other Ghosts are ruining your day, Shadow Claw helps remedy this problem. Keep in mind that for it to work, you will have to predict perfectly and Sucker Punch when they attack and Shadow Claw when they try to put up a Substitute. The general risk behind playing such mindgames is enough to keep it just an option, and not the recommended move.</p>

<p>When compared to Meowth, Glameow has a weaker Fake Out, however access to Sucker Punch and Quick Attack go a long way in compensating for it. When choosing between Meowth and Glameow, the choice is, in reality, between a stronger first attack or being able to follow up with another powerful priority move, something Meowth lacks. Meowth does get a 90 BP Bite to hit Substitute-using Ghosts, although Glameow can run Shadow Claw for the same purpose.</p>

<p>If Glameow encounters something it can't handle, you always have the option of using U-turn to switch to a check. Bulky leads like Phanpy and Hippopotas often give Glameow trouble, shrugging off anything it throws at them. Mantyke is a good partner here, being immune to Earthquake and not taking much damage from Ice Shard. As an added bonus (made a little more sense), Mantyke can OHKO back with STAB Surf or Hydro Pump. Stunky takes care of Ghosts who can really give Glameow nightmares if it doesn't pack Shadow Claw.</p>

[SET]
name: Feline of Choice
move 1: Return
move 2: Quick Attack
move 3: U-Turn
move 4: Shadow Claw
item: Choice Scarf / Choice Band
nature: Adamant / Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Glameow's movepool may be (two words) shallow, but it has enough moves to pull together a Choice set. STAB Return will be your primary means of offense coming off an Attack stat of 16 or 15, depending on your nature. Quick Attack can help clean up lategame, and will deal decent amounts of damage when used in conjunction with a Choice Band. U-turn helps you scout for potential counters earlygame. Shadow Claw gives you a way to hurt Ghosts, although without a Choice Band it wont be doing much.</p>

<p>Glameow will find itself in a bit of a pickle once a Ghost switches in on a Choiced Return or Quick Attack, but Stunky and Choice Scarf Houndour allow Glameow to fight another day. Bronzor also hinders the sweeping capabilities of the this set, however Magnet Rise Magnemite takes care of that. Gastly compliments Glameow well, as it can take Fighting-type attacks directed at Glameow, and Glameow severly dents Munchlax with a boosted STAB Return, allowing Gastly to finish off with Sludge Bomb. Gastly can also put one of Glameow's counters to sleep and explode on another.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]

<p>Glameow has few usable moves other than the ones mentioned above. Bite can be used on the Choice Scarf set to hope for the flinch, but that is by no means reliable. Iron Tail can be used on the Choice Set to hit Onix and Rhyhorn harder than anything else, but horrible coverage and sub-par accuracy are more than enough to prevent usage. Using a Naive or Naughty Nature, Hidden Power Ice can be used with a Choice Scarf to revenge-kill Gligar, whereas Hidden Power Grass takes care of Kabuto and Glameow (umm...was that supposed to say Omanyte?), but Glameow generally has better things to do.</p>

[EVs]

<p>On both sets, max Attack and Speed are necessary. Leftovers can get an extra Defense point. Jolly reaches (sounded weird) 19 Speed for the Lead and Choice Band sets, whereas Adamant should be used on the Choice Scarf set for all the power you can get. If you are using Hidden Power, move the EVs from Defense to Special Attack and change the Nature to Naive or Naughty. Glameow will always have enough spare EVs to compensate for low IVs due to Hidden Power.</p>

[TEAM OPTIONS]

<p>Choice Glameow appreciates Stealth Rock support as Focus Sash cannot stop OHKOs (sounded confusing). Dual Screens are also helpful, but are not necessary, as Glameow will still be taking a ton of damage, even with Dual Screens up (strange wording). If you can safely switch Focus Sash Glameow out during the leading turns, Rapid Spin support from Squirtle is much appreciated.</p>

<p>When on the offensive, Glameow appreciates the removal of Steel- and Ghost-types such as Bronzor and Misdreavus. Magnemite, Stunky, and Choice Scarf Houndour (to some extent) do a good job at removing those two, allowing Glameow to continue to spread havoc. Since Glameow's main job is a priority revenge killer, hard-hitting sweepers go well with it, mainly those that lack priority to finish off their weakened targets. Gastly, Mantyke and Cranidos come to mind, and, as they do a good job at taking down Glameow's counters, they are great choices and benefit any team containing Glameow (somewhat ambiguous).</p>

<p>Defensively, Glameow is more of a hit-and-run Pokemon, so having bulky Pokemon to switch into the battlefield is recommended. Glameow also appreciates having its side of the field clear of Stealth Rock and Spikes, as along with Life Orb they drastically reduce Glameow's survivability. As such, Taunt leads like Voltorb and Gligar or Rapid Spinners like Staryu or Squirtle greatly help Glameow.</p>

[OPINION]

<p>Many feel that the lack of Technician really hurts Glameow's prospects of being the Fake Out lead of choice. However, Glameow's access to Sucker Punch and STAB Quick Attack make it potent at revenge killing even hardly damaged threats, something Meowth does not do quite as well. However, its subpar defenses and reliance on priority mean that anything faster with a priority attack spells doom for Glameow. Still, underestimate this glamour puss, and you'll be ripped apart in no time.</p>

[COUNTERS]

<p>Like most Normal-types, Glameow is badly walled by Bronzor. Gligar and Phanpy can take Glameow's attacks with ease and can OHKO Glameow with a STAB Earthquake. Both need to be wary of switching in on a Hypnosis, though. Ghosts like Misdreavus turn Choiced variants into set-up bait, although one should be wary of switching into Shadow Claw or Bite. Choice Scarf Machop is also a solid check, shrugging off Quick Attack thanks to its innate bulk and OHKOing back with DynamicPunch. Generally anything faster than Glameow that can survive a priority attack can be used to check Glameow, like Choice Scarf Onix, Choice Scarf Cranidos, or Choice Scarf Magnemite, to name a few.</p>[/quote]

Thanks dummy07. I left one or two bits unchanged, where the sentence was rewritten, as I feel that some wording changes make the vocab too repetitive.

Still awaiting another check

Apart from that I feel its done

Blackhawk11

one on one
I think you should also compare the lead set to Buneary. Buneary can obtain better stats overall (Glameow-21/15/11/x(9)/10/19, Buneary-22/16/11/x(9)/12/19) and has Quick Attack (coming off higher Attack). Buneary does NOT have Sucker Punch, or any attack to hit Ghost-types super effectively, so it has to resort to Ice/Fire Punch. Plus, Buneary was 5th in LC leads, so I feel it deserves a mention.

Hmm I'll give it a mention, but really Meowth is seen to be the ultimate FO lead so I may talk of only him
I might say something like lacks the raw power of buneary

Blackhawk11

one on one
Honestly though, Meowth has more power thanks to Fake Out. Buneary's claim to fame is Quick Attack. Glameow and Buneary are the only two Normal-types in LC who have the FO+QA combo, so I think their needs to be a direct comparison, as Glameow is statistically outclassed. (Meaning the only reason to choose Glameow>Buneary is Shadow Claw, Sucker Punch, and U-turn, as well as the immunity to Paralysis thanks to Limber, whereas Buneary is forced to use Run Away.)

Edit: After reading what is there:
Glameow also faces competition from Buneary, who boasts a higher Attack stat and access to the elemental punches, but Glameow still has the advantage of a third priority move and a useful ability.
I think that it is great. I bolded the few things I changed, though only one was actually a mistake (attack), the others were more of prose issues.

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Subbing ghosts are entioned, i added that they need to worry about SClaw though.
Any sub user is a major annoyance to Glam, not just ghosts. And in counters you don't specify why missy blocks Glam, not everyone knows that most run sub and that sub makes SP useless.
Also only faster priority than Glameow would be QA Kid and SPDiglett, both of which can take one priority hit and OHKO with their move anyways
Scarf Priority is kinda dumb to mention here
Rain sweepers with Ajet, speed boosted Pokemon and there are a few scarfers who use priority (Machop for example) as well as the examples you listed make it worth mentioning quickly.

Also I dont think youre meant to explian how stuff works in Opinion. Thats more to do with Set Comments, and its fairly obvious with Glammeow what needs to be done: Fake Out, SP or QA for the kill OR Uturn the fuck out
how to write analysis thing said:
[Opinion]

<p>Just because this section is titled Opinion doesn't mean you don't have to back up what you say. Better than "I like Charizard." is "I like Charizard because it gets STAB Fire Punch, Blaze, and a powerful Flying STAB to back it up.". Better still is to simply remove the "I" part and just go with "Charizard's power comes from its STAB Fire Punch paired with Blaze and STAB Flying attacks.".</p>

<p>People are reading the analysis to learn about the Pokemon, not you; to be honest, nobody really cares what "you" think.</p>
The opinion that is up right now is decent, but could do with adding another paragraph explaining how it functions. You've got a good comparison with Meowth already, but a player who does not know how Meowth works would not be helped as much as possible.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not familiar with Little Cup, so could you explain why the first set has a 0 HP IV? Is it to minimise LO recoil or something?

eric the espeon

Yes, a 0 or 1 HP IV lets you hit 19 HP and only take 1 HP from recoil per attack, should be noted.

Edit: and note that when using sash its better to just have a 31 IV.

I still doont get the point behind not knowing about how Meowth works. Glameow is an individiual pokemon, and its style of play is different from Meowth. If one wants information on Meowth, he/she shosuld check the Meowth analysis. IMO describing Glameow everywhere really makes it seem that Glameow is inferior to Meowth in every way, and this analysis is an attempt at redeeming it. This is not the case, and Glameow is being used on its own. Ive already compared it enough with Meowth.

I'll mention how sub stops SP though, and the 0 HP IV thing

EDIT : Done

grammar checks and comments in bold

OK so heres Glameow
if you say glamour puss is immature then you have a limited vocabulary

Changes:
Team Options: Added Houndour
Counters: Added Phanpy
Removed Bite from Choice Sets

Awaiting final grammar checks.
Any other critique is also welcome
------------------------------

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/glameow

[SET]
name: Priority Lead
move 1: Fake Out
move 2: Sucker Punch

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Nearly anything with a STAB Fake Out is a good candidate for a Fake Out lead set, and Glameow is no exception. When bolstered with a Life Orb, Glameow's STAB Fake Out will be doing considerable damage to most leads. (sentences in italics are redundant, consider consolidating) Sucker Punch is a nice complement to Fake Out, often allowing it to take out most leads with a one-two combination. U-turn turns Glameow into a useful fake-turner, allowing you to scout for counters once you weaken the opposition with your priority move and then giving you a free switch to your own counter.</p>

<p>The fourth move choice is a matter of preference. Hypnosis allows you to incapacitate one of your opponent's Pokemon temporarily. Quick Attack gives you yet another priority move to use and abuse. Lastly, if Misdreavus and other Ghosts are ruining your day, Shadow Claw helps to remedy this problem. Keep in mind that for it to work, you will have to predict perfectly and Sucker Punch when they attack and Shadow Claw when they try to put up a Substitute. The general risk behind playing such mindgames is enough to keep it just an option (comma removed) and not the recommended move. The choice between Life Orb and Focus Sash relies on whether you want more power from your priority attacks or you want to be survive one turn longer in the lead spot, as well as giving you another chance to hit your target with Hypnosis. While using Life Orb though, 0 HP IVs are recommended to reach 19 HP. This gives you 1 HP of recoil from Life Orb, which translates to roughly 5% instead of the regular 10%.</p>

<p>(needs topic sentence) When compared to Meowth, Glameow has a weaker Fake Out. However, access to Sucker Punch and Quick Attack go a long way in compensating for that. When choosing between Meowth and Glameow, the choice is in reality between a stronger first attack or being able to follow up with another powerful priority move, something Meowth lacks. Meowth does get a 90 BP Bite to hit Substitute-using Ghosts, although Glameow can run Shadow Claw for the same purpose. Glameow also faces competition from Buneary, who boasts a higher Attack stat and access to elemental punches, but Glameow still has the advantage of a third priority move as well as a sometimes useful ability in Limber.</p>

<p>If Glameow encounters something it can't handle, you always have the option of using U-turn to switch to a check. Bulky leads like Phanpy and Hippopotas often give Glameow trouble, shrugging off anything it throws at them. Mantyke is a good partner here, being immune to Earthquake and not taking much damage from Ice Shard. In return, Mantyke can OHKO back with STAB Surf or Hydro Pump. Stunky takes care of Ghosts who can really give Glameow nightmares if it doesn't pack Shadow Claw.</p>

[SET]
name: Feline of Choice
move 1: Return
move 2: Quick Attack
move 3: U-Turn
move 4: Shadow Claw
item: Choice Scarf / Choice Band
nature: Adamant / Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Glameow's movepool may be shallow, but it has enough moves to pull together a Choice set. STAB Return will be your primary means of offense coming off an Attack stat of 16 or 15, depending on your nature. Quick Attack can help clean up lategame (comma removed) and will deal decent amounts of damage when used in conjunction with a Choice Band. U-turn helps you scout for potential counters earlygame. Shadow Claw gives you a way to hurt Ghosts, although without a Choice Band it wont be doing much.</p>

<p>Glameow will find itself in a bit of a pickle once a Ghost switches in on a Choiced Return or Quick Attack, but Stunky and Choice Scarf Houndour allow Glameow to fight another day. Bronzor also hinders the sweeping capabilities of the this set, however Magnet Rise Magnemite takes care of that. Gastly complements Glameow well (comma removed) as it can take Fighting-type attacks directed at Glameow. Glameow severly dents Munchlax with a boosted STAB Return, allowing Gastly to finish off with Sludge Bomb. Gastly can also put one of Glameow's counters to sleep and explode on another.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]

<p>Glameow has few usable moves other than the ones mentioned above. Bite can be used on the Choice Scarf set to hope for the flinch, but that is by no means reliable. Using a Naive or Naughty Nature, Hidden Power Ice can be used with a Choice Scarf to revenge-kill Gligar, whereas Hidden Power Grass takes care of Kabuto, Omanyte, Onix, and Rhyhorn, but Glameow generally has better things to do.</p>

[EVs]

<p>On both sets, max Attack and Speed are necessary. Leftovers can get an extra Defense point. Jolly is required to reach 19 Speed for the Lead and Choice Band sets, whereas Adamant should be used on the Choice Scarf set for all the power you can get. If you are using Hidden Power, move the EVs from Defense to Special Attack and change the Nature to Naive or Naughty. Glameow will always have enough spare EVs to compensate for low IVs due to Hidden Power.</p>

[TEAM OPTIONS]

<p>Choice Glameow appreciates Stealth Rock support as Focus Sash no longer stops OHKOs. Dual Screens are also helpful, but the time and effort spent in getting them up is not worth it as Glameow will still be taking a ton of damage. If you can safely switch Focus Sash Glameow out during the leading turns, Rapid Spin support from Squirtle is much appreciated. (squirtle is mentioned along with others in two paragraphs after this one. is this sentence necessary?)</p>

<p>When on the offensive, Glameow appreciates the removal of Steel- and Ghost-types such as Bronzor and Misdreavus. Magnemite, Stunky, and Choice Scarf Houndour (to some extent) do a good job at removing those two, allowing Glameow to continue to spread havoc. Since Glameow's main job is a priority revenge killer, hard-hitting sweepers go well with it, mainly those that lack priority to finish off their weakened targets. Gastly, Mantyke and Cranidos come to mind, and as they do a good job at taking down Glameow's counters, they are great choices and benefit any team.</p>

<p>Defensively, Glameow is more of a hit-and-run Pokemon, so having bulky Pokemon to switch into the battlefield is recommended. Glameow also appreciates having its side of the field clear of Stealth Rock and Spikes (comma removed) as along with Life Orb they drastically reduce Glameow's survivability. As such, Taunt leads like Voltorb and Gligar or Rapid Spinners like Staryu or Squirtle greatly help Glameow.</p>

[OPINION]

<p>Many feel that the lack of Technician really hurts Glameow's prospects of being the Fake Out lead of choice. However, Glameow's access to Sucker Punch and STAB Quick Attack make it potent at revenge killing even hardly damaged threats, something Meowth does not do quite as well. However, its subpar defenses and reliance on priority mean that anything faster with a priority attack spells doom for Glameow. Still, underestimate this glamour puss (comma removed) and you'll be ripped apart in no time.</p>

[COUNTERS]

<p>Like most Normal-types, Glameow is badly walled by Bronzor. Gligar and Phanpy can take Glameow's attacks with ease, provided they avoid a Hypnosis, and can OHKO Glameow with a STAB Earthquake. Ghosts like Misdreavus turn Choiced variants into set-up bait (comma removed) as setting up a Substitute renders Sucker Punch useless, although one should be wary of switching into Shadow Claw or Bite. In reality, most Substitute-using Pokemon give Glameow trouble, and if they can set up a Substitute up on a predicted Sucker Punch, Glameow's best hope is to U-turn out. Choice Scarf Machop is also a solid check, shrugging off Quick Attack thanks to its innate bulk and OHKOing back with DynamicPunch. Generally anything faster than Glameow that can survive a priority attack can be used to check Glameow, like Choice Scarf Onix, Choice Scarf Cranidos, or Choice Scarf Magnemite, to name a few. Faster priority users also give Glameow trouble as Glameow's strongest attack, Sucker Punch, does not work against faster priority moves. </p>

After thinking about it, I don't really think you should include any sort of Choiced set. They are purely outclassed by Taillow, who doesn't need to use a Choice item to hit even harder than Glameow.

eric the espeon

After thinking about it, I don't really think you should include any sort of Choiced set. They are purely outclassed by Taillow, who doesn't need to use a Choice item to hit even harder than Glameow.
Taillow has a flying type, does not actually hit harder when accounting for the Choice Band boost, lacks Sucker Punch and takes toxic damage each turn as well as having significantly lower overall defences. Taillow is not a reason to remove choice.

Taillow has a flying type, does not actually hit harder when accounting for the Choice Band boost, lacks Sucker Punch and takes toxic damage each turn as well as having significantly lower overall defences. Taillow is not a reason to remove choice.
Taillow hits harder because of Facade. Facade vs Return = 140 BP vs 102 BP.

Choice Band Sucker Punch is a poor argument for keeping the Choice Band set. Choiced Sucker Punch is a last resort move that you use on the last turn of the battle against a Scarf Gastly or Salac Missy. Otherwise its completely and utterly set up bait for the loads of new set up sweepers in the metagame.

Flying typing gives Taillow immunity to Earthquake defensively, and an effective way to get rid of Ghosts.

This is all on top of the fact that a CB normal in LC is practically impossible to use effectively because of the fact that you would almost auto-lose to every Sub Missy team. The fact that Taillow can switch attacks is the only reason it is viable in the metagame.

I'll still take more opinions over removing the Choice Set, as it can be alrighty revenge killing as a Scarf

Although it will probably be gone soon enough.

Why would anyone use something like Glameow to revenge kill when Doduo is barely viable and is much much better because of much higher Attack, better coverage, and Pursuit. The Speed doesn't really make up for it.

eric the espeon

Should probably make it clear that when using Sash you don't want 0 HP IV. EVs should include an actual spread for using with Hidden Power, and an IV spread that keeps your HP low.

Choice sets are not good enough to get their own set, but maybe they should be in OO? Also, is Oran worth considering for OO on the lead?

Oran is rubbish due to Glameow being so frail.

I'll make the Sash point clearer

I guess Ill give EV Spreads as well for Hidden Powers as well as IVs

EDIT: I just mentioned that you need to shift them to special attack, and that you cannot have a HP 70 power because 2 HP IVs will bump you up to 20 HP, and 0 or 1 still keep you at 69

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)