DPP Grand Slam (Round 3 Finished)

The Smogon Grand Slam was created during the fifth generation (BW). This means that DPP lower tiers were never featured in a Grand Slam. This will be the closest recreation possible to a hypothetical DPP Grand Slam that can be done at this time.

This will be a best-of-five single elimination tournament with Ubers, UU, NU, PU, and LC (All in DPP).

Why include PU, you may ask? The modern (and initial) Smogon Grand Slam have (had) Ubers, the three tiers below OU, and LC. In the case of DPP, these three tiers are UU, NU, and PU, rather than UU, RU, and NU. This is because there is no DPP RU tier (RU was created during BW).

This tournament counts as Type B for Smogon Championship. The point distributions for a Type B tournament are as follows:

The tier lists being used are those on Pokémon Showdown's teambuilder and here.

Ubers will be challenged in [Gen 4] Ubers, UU will be challenged in [Gen 4] UU, NU and PU will be challenged in [Gen 4] NU, and LC will be challenged in [Gen 4] LC. Replays are required or else the games will not be counted (no exceptions).

Round 3 is finished.

Matchups:
Melle2402 v. TSR
MiyoKa v. LL
Flares. v. Staraptor
(Leo v. DurzaOffTopic) v. hyperbeem
Djokra v. Arifeen
Bowlii- v. Arii Stella
Heysup v. Rodriblutar
Ranshiin
v. (Many v. Akashi)
Mikaav v. Bedschibaer
Mysterious M Fakes v. LordST
Finchinator v. checkoutmymixedape
Kushalos v. (Marshall.Law v. Acsel)

Last edited:
My opponent Staraptor actually has missed our scheduled time, and didn't try to reschedule
I apologize for this. I was on vacation with no computer and could thus not respond to this until now. Staraptor has already played his games with his opponent and thus I cannot put you in his place. In the future, I would recommend you post activity in the thread because it is not always clear from VM activity who missed scheduled times.

You have three replays of you winning v. Many, so that is fine. However, you only have one replay of you winning v. Ranshiin, and you need 3 for your win to be counted. Could you please either post the replays if they exist or play games v. Ranshiin until one of you has won 3 games with replays?

Reminder to all to please play your PU and NU games in NU. This makes it much easier for me to check if anything illegal was used. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)