DPP DPP OU Winter Seasonal #3: Round 3 (Loser's Bracket Only)

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor

(art by Blazenix)
Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Round 6 | Round 7 | Round 8 | Round 9 | Round 10 | Round 11 | Round 12 | Round 13 | Round 14
Entering this seasonal earns you points in qualifying for the DPP OU Championship, and winning it qualifies you to play in the RoA Forum Championship 2021.
Winning this tournament will allow you to display
or
in your signature.​

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 4 OU Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 4] OU".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • In the situation where both players end the game with no Pokemon left, a tie is declared.
  • All rounds will be First to 2 Wins. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or smogtours server).
Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Clause: Evasion moves are banned, as are Sand Veil and Snow Cloak for Pokémon with more than one ability.
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  • Baton Pass Clause:
    • Baton Pass cannot be used in conjunction with a boost in speed + another stat
    • No team can contain more than one Pokémon with Baton Pass.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
DPP resource thread for resources.

Pairings
Left / Top Loser Bracket
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Nahomitsoa ‹0-2› Algeria
DKM
‹A-0› Winner of (BlazingDark ‹0-F› Ganso)
Nat607 ‹0-F› Roxiee
Dankoc
‹W-0› starry blanket
Egor ‹0-2› mael
Falling to Hell ‹0-A› CMx
devin ‹1-2› 16bit
Horodro ‹0-2› LockedBeast
Sageau
‹W-0› Winner of (Oxi ‹W-0› jacob)
Koalacance ‹2-0› SFG
TeamCharm69 ‹1-2› Blui
CinnaToast
‹2-1› gorex
gye5 ‹0-F› z0mOG
Winner of (Hervalt ‹0-2› Flamita) ‹0-A› Hyssou
kael ‹0-2› Chiles Habaneros
Cousiin
‹2-0› Loser of (PDC ‹2-0› RageAgainstTheMagearna)
idiotfrommars ‹W-0› Ezze
SiirinZ ‹0-2› Pako
Hockey1
‹2-U› Nowh
Queenzz ‹W-0› Some Bob
Thiago Nunes ‹0-2› Kristyl
avarice ‹0-A› Sevelon
D_C_T_D ‹1-2› luisotte
StepC
‹2-0› toytean
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Right / Bottom Loser Bracket
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Loser of (Raahel ‹A-0› Diophantine) ‹1-2› Fakee
Lazy_bread27
‹F-0› Heika
Sahki ‹0-W› Nalorium
Gus2000
‹2-0› Alpha Rabbit
abd1710 ‹2-U› Raph369
Loser of (Mishimono ‹A-0› Fener) ‹F-0› LpZ
Loser of (Perish Song ‹0-2› shade) ‹W-0› Clint_House
kjdaas ‹2-0› 64 Squares
Bushtush ‹0-A› GelatinOSO
Christos21 ‹0-W› Altthiel
Mr. Mime fan ‹1-2› ara
So Noisy
‹2-U› Ophion
agenS ‹W-0› MultX
Kyundai ‹0-2› MSnt
Lartedipissog
‹F-0› Luispeikou
Winner of (afakedugong ‹A-0› thomas888) ‹1-2› Staxi
SiTuM ‹0-2› Yves Stone
Beraldinhoo
‹F-0› Finchinator
cielbakasan ‹U-2› Deckline
rylon ‹0-A› BlessyZ
Lord Thorx
‹2-1› ukaaa
Tomahawk ‹0-2› Quaggster
Ninja ‹0-2› steelskitty
SoulWind
‹2-1› Mindnight
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Config: 192|R3|Odd-even
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The deadline for this round is Sunday February 28th at 11:59 PM GMT -5
The extension deadline for this round is Thursday February 25th at 11:59 PM GMT -5

Last edited by a moderator:

Ara

Ara

(art by Blazenix)
Entering this seasonal earns you points in qualifying for the DPP OU Championship, and winning it qualifies you to play in the RoA Forum Championship 2021.
Winning this tournament will allow you to display
or
in your signature.​

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Gen 4 OU Tournament. All matches must be played in "[Gen 4] OU".
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • In the situation where both players end the game with no Pokemon left, a tie is declared.
  • All rounds will be First to 2 Wins. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown (or smogtours server).
Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Evasion Clause: Evasion moves are banned, as are Sand Veil and Snow Cloak for Pokémon with more than one ability.
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  • Baton Pass Clause:
    • Baton Pass cannot be used in conjunction with a boost in speed + another stat
    • No team can contain more than one Pokémon with Baton Pass.
General Tournament Rules:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
DPP resource thread for resources.

Pairings
Left / Top Loser Bracket
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Nahomitsoa ‹vs› Algeria
DKM ‹vs› Winner of (BlazingDark vs. Ganso)
Nat607 ‹vs› Roxiee
Dankoc ‹vs› starry blanket
Egor ‹vs› mael
Falling to Hell ‹vs› CMx
devin ‹vs› 16bit
Horodro ‹vs› LockedBeast
Sageau ‹vs› Winner of (Oxi vs. jacob)
Koalacance ‹vs› SFG
TeamCharm69 ‹vs› Blui
CinnaToast ‹vs› gorex
gye5 ‹vs› z0mOG
Winner of (Hervalt vs. Flamita) ‹vs› Hyssou
kael ‹vs› Chiles Habaneros
Cousiin ‹vs› Loser of (PDC vs. RageAgainstTheMagearna)
idiotfrommars ‹vs› Ezze
SiirinZ ‹vs› Pako
Hockey1 ‹vs› Nowh
Queenzz ‹vs› Some Bob
Thiago Nunes ‹vs› Kristyl
avarice ‹vs› Sevelon
D_C_T_D ‹vs› luisotte
StepC ‹vs› toytean
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Right / Bottom Loser Bracket
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Loser of (Raahel vs. Diophantine) ‹vs› Fakee
Lazy_bread27 ‹vs› Heika
Sahki ‹vs› Nalorium
Gus2000 ‹vs› Alpha Rabbit
abd1710 ‹vs› Raph369
Loser of (Mishimono vs. Fener) ‹vs› LpZ
Loser of (Perish Song vs. shade) ‹vs› Clint_House
kjdaas ‹vs› 64 Squares
Bushtush ‹vs› GelatinOSO
Christos21 ‹vs› Altthiel
Mr. Mime fan ‹vs› ara
So Noisy ‹vs› Ophion
agenS ‹vs› MultX
Kyundai ‹vs› MSnt
Lartedipissog ‹vs› Luispeikou
Winner of (afakedugong vs. thomas888) ‹vs› Staxi
SiTuM ‹vs› Yves Stone
Beraldinhoo ‹vs› Finchinator
cielbakasan ‹vs› Deckline
rylon ‹vs› BlessyZ
Lord Thorx ‹vs› ukaaa
Tomahawk ‹vs› Quaggster
Ninja ‹vs› steelskitty
SoulWind ‹vs› Mindnight
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Config: 192|R3|Odd-even
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The deadline for this round is Sunday February 28th at 11:59 PM GMT -5
The extension deadline for this round is Thursday February 25th at 11:59 PM GMT -5
how am i in losers if i won by activity round 1

how am i in losers if i won by activity round 1
You did not win by activity in Round 1. According to the Round 1 original post, you lost a coinflip.
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.12.43 AM.png

F-0 stands for Coinflip. Since the F is on Nowh's side and their name is bolded, they won the flip. This led to you being in the Loser's Bracket for Round 2 which is clearly show in the Round 2 original post.
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.14.05 AM.png
Generally activity decisions are written out and flips are done publicly, but that didn't happen for Round 1 which is on fault of the hosts. After a quick glance at your wall and your Round 1 opponent's wall, I saw no public scheduling and the match didn't happen which led to the coinflip. Again, I'm sorry the host wasn't transparent that your match was a flip and didn't even show the flip in the thread. However, despite the circumstances, I don't think its plausible to change a Round 1 activity decision in Round 3, even if you happen to have an activity case (which doesn't seem apparent to me based on whats publicly available).

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dpp-ou-winter-seasonal-3-round-2.3678268/post-8762646 emma but wouldnt that mean that if i was in losers for round 2 but won due to inactivity that would put me in winners?

edit: im sorry i put round 1 by mistake completely my fault, i meant round 2
It seems you do not understand how Double Elimination tournament works (which is okay)! Once you lose a round (i.e. you losing Round 1 in this case) you are in the Loser's Bracket for the entire tournament until you are eliminated. Losing Round 1 and then winning Round 2 does not put you back in the Winner's Bracket; you are still in the Loser's Bracket since you lost Round 1.

Ara

Ara
It seems you do not understand how Double Elimination tournament works (which is okay)! Once you lose a round (i.e. you losing Round 1 in this case) you are in the Loser's Bracket for the entire tournament until you are eliminated. Losing Round 1 and then winning Round 2 does not put you back in the Winner's Bracket; you are still in the Loser's Bracket since you lost Round 1.
ohhhh i understand, thats my bad again, thanks for clearing that up

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
my opp didnt contact me until sunday when i had already made plans during his free time on that day, had he contacted me earlier I would've easily had time to play a different day or changed my plans, I asked for an extension in hope that we could still play, but there are no times we can play due to timezone difference and school/work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)