Tournaments DPPPL IV - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art by Meganium1579

This thread is for manager signups. The hosts for DPP PL are velvet, Ina fable, and Zoyotte.

Please sign up using the following format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
One of the Managers and Assistant Managers will be able to purchase themselves for 15k credits each prior to the draft if they wish to do so. Managers will be chosen based on experience in DPP tournaments, their level of involvement in the community and knowledge of the playerbase, their general competence, and prowess in managing in other high level tournaments in other tiers. If you do sign up, it would be worth explaining why you and your assistant manager would be good picks with relation to the above criteria.

The slots for this tournament are:

DPP Ubers
DPP Ubers + Farceus
DPP OU
DPP OU
DPP OU BO3
DPP UU
DPP UU
DPP NU
DPP PU
DPP LC

Manager Signups will close on Sunday, April 7th.
 

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Oathkeeper
Assistant Manager: JabbaTheGriffin
Team Name: The Buxom Uxies

I have plenty of experience managing and those stints include several NUPLs, RUPLs, and ORAS PLs. Not to mention playing in said tours alongside ALT PL, ADV PL, the previous DPP PL, GSC PL, and more. Jabba has managed in this tour twice now. He knows his stuff when it comes to the upper metas. We also have played together in a couple of other tours and make a great team!
 
Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Manager: awyp
Assistant Manager: a fairy
Team Name: The Dank Darkrais

af second seed in AAAPL as manager and finals as player in TPP. awyp won DPPPL and NDFL. This is our 2nd year that we’re applying and we hope to finally be given a chance this year, we’re both really into DPP especially back in the day as players.
 
Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Manager: avarice
Assistant Manager: mncmt
Team Name: tbd
We've both managed multiple successful teams across smogon. For recent managing, I won UnderUsed Snake Draft end of 2023, and for mncmt currently we're in finals for PU Blind Draft. We have plenty of experience in DPP and would form a strong roster here asw, thanks :heart:
 
Manager: Pix
Assman: 3d
Team Name: Rock Hard Rhyperiors

I have managed old gen tours like roapl many times and have made playoffs every time ive managed (spl too). I also play way more dpp than people probably realize so I can help with prep. 3d also has lots of experience managing old gen tours
 
Manager: Laurel
Assman: OmBrArch
Team Name: York New Yanma

I once managed PO World Cup and we got 2nd place. I’ve played all DPP formats for many years and competed in this tour a few times. My partner is knowledgeable about DPP and very cool
confirming, I have some strong basics in dpp ou and I already managed with success outside of smogon, now here for a new step and can't be more motivated !
 

frankjosh

formerly hariyana grande
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Manager: hariyana grande
Assistant Manager: Seldanna
Team Name: The Affable Clefables

I've managed multiple UU subforum tournaments, while Seldanna has also managed and shadow managed a handful of AG and Ubers subforum tournaments. Together we have a vast knowledge of lower-tiers such as Ubers, Farceus (Seldanna is basically the reason this tier exists!), UU, and PU. With my past support for DPP NU and LC slots via older iterations of DPPPL, and both Seldanna and I having sufficient DPP OU knowledge, we feel that we would provide a strong amount of support for all slots, given that we're both incredibly active.
 
Manager: hariyana grande
Assistant Manager: Seldanna
Team Name: The Affable Clefables

I've managed multiple UU subforum tournaments, while Seldanna has also managed and shadow managed a handful of AG and Ubers subforum tournaments. Together we have a vast knowledge of lower-tiers such as Ubers, Farceus (Seldanna is basically the reason this tier exists!), UU, and PU. With my past support for DPP NU and LC slots via older iterations of DPPPL, and both Seldanna and I having sufficient DPP OU knowledge, we feel that we would provide a strong amount of support for all slots, given that we're both incredibly active.
confirming!
 
Manager: eden
Assistant Manager: Spitfire Arcanine
Team Name: Canalave Clefables

Bio: I actively keep up with DPP OU and frequently play it in circuit tours/team tours - along with having played DPP Ubers and UU multiple times in UPL/UUPL. I’ve previously managed in DPPPL, and have frequently made playoffs/finals.

My assistant manager Spitfire Arcanine is a notable jack of all trades who's recently been playing a fair bit of DPP UU in UUPL, and LC in LCWC - I'd like to manage a team in DPP PL with him, we're pretty easygoing personalities and I think it'd translate to a team that's enjoyable to be on and that'd perform well.
 

Dj Breloominati♬

1% chance 99% faith
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Manager: eden
Assistant Manager: Spitfire Arcanine
Team Name: Canalave Clefables

Bio: I actively keep up with DPP OU and frequently play it in circuit tours/team tours - along with having played DPP Ubers and UU multiple times in UPL/UUPL. I’ve previously managed in DPPPL, and have frequently made playoffs/finals.

My assistant manager Spitfire Arcanine is a notable jack of all trades who's recently been playing a fair bit of DPP UU in UUPL, and LC in LCWC - I'd like to manage a team in DPP PL with him, we're pretty easygoing personalities and I think it'd translate to a team that's enjoyable to be on and that'd perform well.
 
After a lot of discussing and tough decisions, the following pairs are the managers for the edition of DPPPL:

:darkrai: The Dank Darkrais - awyp and a fairy
:regirock: Rockin' Regis - RageAgainstTheMagearna and Colteor
:froslass: Froslass Frostbite - ziloXX and ElectricityCat
:yanma: York New Yanma - Laurel and OmBrArch
:mamoswine: Malicious Mamoswines - Kristyl and crayon pop
:rhyperior: Rock Hard Rhyperiors - Vulpix03 and 3d
:clefable: The Affable Clefables - hariyana grande and Seldanna
:charizard: Chaiwallah Charizards - eden and Dj Breloominati♬

If you're not in the DPP server, get in the DPP server :changry:

Thank you so much to everyone who showed interest! Player signups will be up shortly.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

Top