Drag (mostly RPDR - Spoiler Heavy)

Cleo

point me to the nearest waffle house
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
From day one, I’ve been Team Monique. And GIRL she did not disappoint. The final 4 queens are all fierce competitors though, and I could genuinely see any winning. Friday cannot come any sooner :sob:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I think trinity probably should/will win considering she's been successful in all-around in challenges and especially runways (plus the fact that Ru stops time to shower her with compliments whenever she breathes).

But I WANT Monique to win

She's the only funny one tbh, and the best moments of the season were 1) Manilla walking out with her silver dress, and 2) Monique painting that wall left to right instead of up and down. Also the judging was so erratic all season, and I think a couple of trinity's tops were undeserved (like the club challenge and the talent show) whereas Monique was definitely snubbed at least once. Her only flaw p much is that her runways are messy, but that probably would have been fixed if she had more time between S10 and as4 to make some money and get better outfits (especially since there were no sewing challenges lmao).

I'm kinda bummed that this season didn't live up to what I thought after the first few episodes. I thought it would rival as2 as the best and strongest season (by far), but we ended up with a bunch of mediocre challenges (lmao what the actual fuck @ Judy challenge and last week's sex in the city clown disaster), mostly meh runway themes and looks, and a final set of Queens that probably would have gone home early if they were on as2.

I think the real gag of the season rn is how instead of "jynkx/katya vs rolaskatox" drama, we have "trinity vs 4 black queens" drama. No matter who they crown, i'm eagerly awaiting the inevitable war of the racially-insensitive white twink fans.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Question: who do you all want to see for as5?

My top (unrealistic) cast would be Shea, Eureka, Yarlexis, Shangela (halleloo), Courtney, Willam (what a gag), kim chi, Ivy, yuhua, Serena cha cha

Cleo

I think trinity probably should/will win considering she's been successful in all-around in challenges and especially runways (plus the fact that Ru stops time to shower her with compliments whenever she breathes).

But I WANT Monique to win

She's the only funny one tbh, and the best moments of the season were 1) Manilla walking out with her silver dress, and 2) Monique painting that wall left to right instead of up and down. Also the judging was so erratic all season, and I think a couple of trinity's tops were undeserved (like the club challenge and the talent show) whereas Monique was definitely snubbed at least once. Her only flaw p much is that her runways are messy, but that probably would have been fixed if she had more time between S10 and as4 to make some money and get better outfits (especially since there were no sewing challenges lmao).

I'm kinda bummed that this season didn't live up to what I thought after the first few episodes. I thought it would rival as2 as the best and strongest season (by far), but we ended up with a bunch of mediocre challenges (lmao what the actual fuck @ Judy challenge and last week's sex in the city clown disaster), mostly meh runway themes and looks, and a final set of Queens that probably would have gone home early if they were on as2.
^^^This. I agree with basically everything.

Also my AS5 Wishlist (i tried going with a more realistic approach): Jiggly Caliente, Peppermint, Asia O’Hara, Miz Cracker, Shea Coulee, Nina Bonina Brown, Ongina, Nina Flowers, Tammie Brown/S11 Queen, Joslyn Fox/S11 Queen

EV

Banned deucer.
Who the fuck are these S11 queens anyway.

As for AS4, Trintitty deserves it, but I can see it going to anyone except Naomi. Not shading her (she's a beautiful boy :blobuwu:), but I don't think one win + house down booting off Manila is gonna cut it. She's no Trixie outside Drag Race.

Seriously tho if Eureka is on AS5 I will be gooped. Free Nina Bonina, free Mayhem, free Courtney Act, free Kandy Ho, free Darienne Lake, free Blair, free Vivacious.

anyways, my AS5 wishlist is, SHEA COULEE, Plastique Tiara, Miz Cracker, Asia O'Hara, Ongina, Trinity K Bonet, Mayhem Miller, Team Brown Flowers, Peppermint, Blair St. Clair, Kameron Michaels, Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Nina Bonina Brown, Miss Fame, Jessica Wild, and Mariah Balenciaga. I know thats a long ass list, but its who I want to see back.

What a fucking terrible finale. I hope they put off AS5 for a few years and take some time to figure this mess out. If Ru knows how she wants it to end from the beginning stop with the gimmicky rules and just have it work like the regular series, that way she can choose the whole time and we don’t have to keep ending up with consolation prize winners after the ones she’s trying to set up to win get eliminated. I certainly love Alaska, Trixie and Trinity and in a vacuum I don’t disagree with the idea of any of them being All Stars, but the way their seasons played out made their wins much less satisfying (and I don’t think there’s any way you justify Monet tying Trinity, especially over Monique who was practically a whole new queen this season).

Cleo

girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl. i don’t know what to say. i am gooped.

it’s weird too because i was actually thinking why didn’t they have Manila/Raja tie just this morning. And then... this happened lol.

In all honesty, I’m just glad they are both great queens. Love them both. The heart of s10 and as4 will always be Monique though :’

EV

Banned deucer.
I'm definitely gagged but I'm not too too mad. Idk, I think it could be because Ru didn't consider Trinity to be a bigger star than Monet on and off the show (and vice versa). Whereas if Manila was still alive, we would have had one winner. Prove me wrong. Debate your aunts.

Anywho, I think this decision is indicative of the difference between the main series and All Stars, as with any reality competition show that airs an "all stars" side series. While the main series has been more focused on nurturing new or relatively unknown talents, All Stars promotes celebrity and the drag brand of the most successful queens. That would explain why Trixie was shoehorned into the final two last year. So many of the jury acknowledged her fame outside drag race alongside their choice of Kennedy, a favorite among her peers (she's been doing drag for a hundred years!).

Buuuuuut then I'm reminded that Monet is a NY queen, whose city has had a death grip on the competition since Bob won. Plus I seen her in a Pepsi commercial, so perhaps the tie was done to appease the fans by crowning the "real winner" Trinity while still giving the biggest celebrity a stiletto kick back.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Tbh I think this was a last minute decision to avoid backlash from "the hall of fame is racist" fans and "Monet only won because people think the hall of fame is racist" fans. The fact that they didn't have a clip of Ru saying "you both win" plus the messy split-screen editing supports the idea that it was a rushed choice, imo.

Obviously this wasn't the correct solution (not to mention a pretty tasteless way to address the #hofsowhite concerns), so now everyone is upset, but whatever. I wish they just crowned one of them and used that extra 100k prize to hire a better script writer or make the finale setup more expensive & less underwhelming (they could have at least had the old queens return... give us something).

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
Obviously this wasn't the correct solution (not to mention a pretty tasteless way to address the #hofsowhite concerns), so now everyone is upset, but whatever. I wish they just crowned one of them and used that extra 100k prize to hire a better script writer or make the finale setup more expensive & less underwhelming (they could have at least had the old queens return... give us something).
they took the 100k from season 11's budget did you see that ruveal also

Question: who do you all want to see for as5?
no one please stop immediately

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Honestly I was feeling Soju in the lip sync and thought Kahanna was giving way too much for what’s really a girly girl song. Also Kahanna’s outfit was worse. Tasteless, poorly executed, and didn’t even meet the challenge. So I’m a bit disappointed in that regard.

But come thru Brooklyn! She’s my fave. Could be Detox 2.0 but hotter out of drag and less obnoxious.

I also liked Vanjie, Yvie, Plastique, and Ariel’s looks in particular. I liked Mercedes’ and Scarlett’s too but their make up was rough.

EV

Banned deucer.
The last few pages have pretty much been exclusively Drag Race. Should we start a thread in the library and let this one be the general discussion thread about drag?

But on the topic of S11E1:
  • Soju
    • I love dragspiracies. Here's mine: Soju was running a popular YT show about Drag Race. She was invited to compete in order to promote her series and the Drag Race brand as a whole. Ariel made the comment that Soju wasn't a performer and we know she's no pageant queen either, so it makes sense her YT show was the sole basis for getting hired. Plus, when she was eliminated, Ru gave her a send-off that felt way more personalized than any other last place queen has gotten before. Or am I reaching?
  • A'Keria C. Davenport
    • Was this the queen whose earrings kept falling off?
  • Ariel Versace
    • I don't normally thirst for pretty boys but she makes a really cute one. I'm betting she'll place high, potentially top 3/4. She's got a big name and Ru seems to be all about big names now.
  • Brooke Lynn Hytes
    • Good first impression but that Canadian flag was pathetic. Did anyone else get flashbacks of Serena Cha Cha's little flag from S5? She deserved that runway win tho.
  • Honey Davenport
    • Real cute, tho I didn't really like her entrance look. I think she'll do well.
  • Kahanna Montrese
    • Kinda bland, but I didn't hate her runway as much as the judges.
  • Mercedes Iman Diamond
    • Language barrier?? She had no clue what to do in the challenge. Probably going home early (the show isn't too friendly to non-native English speakers).
  • Nina West
    • Should have been lip syncing. That dress was horrendous! And I don't care if she's former Entertainter of the Year (2008 at that) and has been auditioning for 900 years.
  • Plastique Tiara
    • Runway = entrance look. Extremely fish tho. Probably going far. Also LMAO at not getting the Violet trunk. That's about the only thing I liked about Silky.
  • Ra'Jah O'Hara
    • Nothing rings a bell here.
  • Scarlet Envy
    • That entrance look was a MAN in a corset. I'm getting Ivy Winters vibes, too. I hope she's not that dumb.
  • Shuga Cain
    • Something something only been doing drag for 1 1/2 years something something who cares. Her entrance look was eh. I hate when queens glue their wigs to the outside of their eyebrows. Real women have foreheads. Sorry not sorry.
  • Silky Nutmeg Ganache
    • Liked her for the first five seconds. But damn the spin-off thirst is REAL. Loud and obnoxious does not an entertainer make. And I love love LOVED how all the queens were silent when she tried to do that hollaback shit. NEXT.
  • Vanessa Vanjie Mateo
    • She's grown since Miss Vanjie'ing her way into our hearts last year. I'm excited to see what she can do with this second chance. Part of me thinks she'll pull a Eureka and make it to the finals.
  • Yvie Oddly
    • People are acting like she's the second coming of Sharon Needles and I just don't see it! I hated that entrance look - it was a nightie (nightmare!) for god's sake. She wannabe a freak/outcast/weirdo. Okay. Fine. Cool. But being a freak is more than snake tongues and bad make up. You need to offer a different take on what we're used to, not shock value for the sake of shocking. Big ol' meh.
  • Miley Cyrus
    • LMAO YOU CALL THAT DRAG!!!!!

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
I don't think there's enough of a non-dragrace fanbase of drag on this site to warrant this thread if it's not going to have drag race discussion in it tbh. I'm happy to complain about bioqueens and Biblegirl to anyone that will listen but I don't think we have the audience :(

Anyway after episode 2, I am tysequaine and I have opinions

Sick of R'ajah

Ariel can rot (but thank god she's there to tell us how Silky should be acting)

Nina can go, I gave her a pass last week because constructing a garment just isn't everyone's thing but I just don't like her style in general and she's not funny enough to offset that

I still think Scarlet should've been sent home after that entrance look

I don't think Shuga Cain is an actual Scorpio and if she is, as a higher ranking Double Scorpio I'm excommunicating her

I'm loving Vanjie and Yvie a lot more than I thought I would going into the season. After Monique giving me boviphobia on All Stars I fully expected Miss Vanjie every 30 seconds and a bitch that thinks she knows it all but she seems really down to earth and I've been loving her looks and voice and I want her to just talk into all my different holes.

Yvie's drag I don't find myself caring much about yet, but I didn't like Sharon's spook at first either so I'm going to let it slide for now. But she is THAT BITCH that will call a bitch out and I love it.

Also shout out to all my cysters who just can't relate to the season but love the light skinned girls and Yvie, it's qwhite a phenomenon

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I hated yvie and dcarlet in episode 1, but they both killed it this ep and were cool and funny.

I like how ross told yvie to laugh bigger and Michelle was like "uh bigger??" then they ended up going with the smallest one in the final vid because Ross isn't funny.

I love silky.

"I thought it was ballsy to cast an Aja, nonetheless another Raja"

Vanjie is so pure.

The get out script was so much better than the black panther one.

I don't think Plastique was good at all this episode tbh.

I wish they would do a double winner every episode like in all stars (unless there's a clear stand out), especially since there are a billion queens rn

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
I wish they would do a double winner every episode like in all stars (unless there's a clear stand out), especially since there are a billion queens
I really like this idea in theory. More opportunities for queens that slay challenges but just don't make the cut to be recognised with their track record (see: Acid Betty in the first half of S8) but in reality it would just be used as another way to produce storylines tbh. What I'd like to see more is a challenge winner and a runway winner each week, obviously not including challenges that are centred around the runway like the sewing challenges and the ball.

Cleo

I wasn’t a Vanjie fan before the season began but she’s pulled me around. She should’ve been in the top every episode. Her not being top in ep 2 is a disgrace. Hands down the best runway that week too

I understand why she didn’t win ep3 though. Nina’s outfit >>> Vanjie’s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)