SS OU DRAGAPULT team

hello, I need your feedback and help regarding my team OR that I just created. I left a pokemon with a precise set that I enjoy playing and I tried to build around it.

DRAGAPULT @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force

DRAGAPULT is a very good third-party pokémon. Its stats make it a reliable pokémon. Its speed is more than interesting and I find it

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roost
- Knock Off

MANDIBUZZ is a very good pokémon in a team with DRAGAPULT since it brings a spectrum resistance. Toxic allows gener in the long term. C 'is a good anti fog user. Sabotage allows to penalize an opponent who Switch by removing his object. The 'equipe' poses spikes and toxics spikes. Removing the boots is therefore more than useful to handicap some pokémon.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- scald
- Toxic Spikes

MANDIBUZZ + TOXAPEX is a good defensive core. They allow you to set the toxic peaks, burn/ stocked, anti-mist, restore their PV and prevent adverse boost. This core allows to gener URSHIFU, CINDERACE and VOLCARONA

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

In 4th pokémon I chose CINDERACE which allows to bring an offensive strike and speed to my team. The choice of attacks allow a fairly large coverage, a response to fairy type pokemon, to keep pace and to have a priority attack.

Clefable (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled

CLEFABLE is here to surprise with a set that is no longer played. it offers a fairly large coverage and offers immunity to the dragon type.

For my last pokémon, I needed a pokémon able to manage EXCADRILL under the sand that is able to defeat my entire team. So I chose SKARMORY. The rough helmet, landing, spikes and cyclone allow a pretty nice set to cumulate the damage.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Body Press

https://pokestrat.io/couverture-defensive/7104e6eadf47971

What's do you think ? Thanks !

Last edited:
Hello! This is a pretty decent team, due to the fact that Toxapex is a top-tier Pokemon currently in OU. I have my suggestions!

Major Changes:

:Cinderace: —> :Volcarona:

Now that Cinderace is now banished to Ubers, you need a new Pokémon for speed control, so I chose Volcarona, since it is also a nice response to common Fairy-types like Physically Defensive Clefable, and it is also able to handle Rillaboom, Toxapex, and Ferrothorn with ease. Here is the set to use:

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

:skarmory: —> :rillaboom:

Rillaboom’s edge over Skarmory is that it is able to both force out and OHKO Excadrill. Rillaboom also pairs well with Volcarona, since the latter appreciates passive Grassy Terrain healing, as well as Rillaboom’s ability to beat Crawdaunt and Azumarill, which can wreck havoc on Volcarona. In return, Volcarona can beat the Grass-types that wall Rillaboom, like Ferrothorn and Tangrowth, as well as Flying-types it can’t handle like Corviknight and Skarmory.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off

Minor Changes:

:dragapult:

The set your Dragapult uses is nice, but there is a better Dragapult build that fits this team much better, so I recommend changing the set to Choice Specs Hex, since with this set, Dragapult is able to take advantage of the Toxic Spikes Toxapex places down to power up STAB Hex. Here is the set:

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Hex

:mandibuzz:

I don’t think Toxic is necessary on Mandibuzz, since this prevents Mandibuzz the opportunity to check trending offensive threats, such as Dragon Dance Dragapult and Excadrill. That’s why I recommend changing Toxic to Foul Play. Foul Play deals damage based on the Attack stat of the target, so it is able to basically OHKO or 2HKO these offensive threats. It can OHKO +1 Dragapult and 2HKO any unboosted Excadrill set.

EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 44 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

:Clefable:

Although running an uncommon set is nice, it probably won’t help in the long run, and due to the fact that most of your team doesn’t have reliable recovery outside of Grassy Terrain, I recommend changing the set to a WishPort set. Seeing that your team is a balanced build that lack but want recovery, this build fits well into your team.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

:ss/dragapult: :ss/mandibuzz: :ss/Toxapex: :ss/volcarona: :ss/Clefable: :ss/rillaboom:

Hope I helped!

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Hex

EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 44 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
Well this is a good rilla set, but in my opinion you can use this set instead:
:Rillaboom: Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Acrobatics
- High Horsepower
This set destroy common rillaboom checks (fat grass types with acrobatics and electric/fire offensive mons) and give more oppurtunities to setup with the defense boost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)