XY OU Dragons and Dinosaurs (OU Team**H.O POWERFUL)

Yoo this is my first time posting a team in the forums, made it last night hungover as hell and I've been getting good results from lower ladder (1200>) and all the way up to 1500+. Hope y'all enjoy;

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mega Sceptile's ability to outspeed the majority of the tier attracted me towards it, but the common problem I see with M.Sceptile's people outspending with Manetric, Lopunny etc. so this lizard never see's the light of day. Protect helps you scout, outspeed threats and can help with scarf Keldeo by locking it in. Leaf Storm over Giga Drain, because I feel that Certain pokemon like AV Azumarill can live a giga drain and easily OHKO with a Play Rough, and only resistances can take a Leaf Storm. Hidden Power Fire is really for coverage, stops Ferro and Scizor which think they can counter

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Transform

This team doesn't fare too well against setup sweepers that can break through teams (such as DD ZardX) So having the backup scarf is nice to neutralise a big threat in the making. Sceptile suffers from a -2 from Leaf Storm leaving it open to revenge killers which might want to set-up, but Ditto can copy the stats and deal big damage and save you from the brink of being swept.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Swords Dance

This isn't your standard SpDef Gliscor, instead of Toxic stall I run SD just for things like clefable that want to soft boil or CM and you can hit them with a heavy hit and weaken them for the next monster >:) SpDef Gliscor I feel is much more of a solid build than defensive for this team, because Ice shard is a relevant ice type physical move and the Next powerful threat can beat all ice shard users (Mamoswine, Glalie, Donphan?)

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Superpower

IMO one of the biggest under rated sweepers in OU, the Sheer force Life orb STAB +1 Waterfall is pretty much annihilating all that aren't called Slowbro. It also helps for the things that M.Sceptile can't handle such as Tflame to an extent. Sceptile and Gatr counter each others weaknesses well and (even without hazard prevention) One can usually take hits the other can't and they can hit back. This is the dream dragon duo

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Focus Blast

My favourite OU mon, if you can find an opportunity to set up then DO SO! This mon wrecks teams without a solid counter, and Focus blast is just for coverage but you could swap it out for Fire Blast to wreck skarm/ferro, but with HP Fire Sceptile I feel focus blast helps with Ice types and because this is a mainly Defensive Clefable, only iron heads and poison jabs will be Knocking it out in 1 (Except random moves such as Banded Diggersby)

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

SR help this team by weakening fire types that halt Sceptile, and I wanted to have a stealth rocker that also has potential to beat rapid spinners such as Excadrill without sand. Lum Berry over Focus Sash because sometimes you can use Ditto to get up hazards by copying their own rocker, so to make gar chomp more useful you can set-up a swords dance against Rotom-w and hit back with Dragon Claw. I leo find lum berry more useful when trying a late game sweep when you're in the back, or when the team has a special wall that Sceptile just can't break

Soooo yeah thats the team, not the best ofc and all teams have weaknesses (Ice lmao) but If you wanna make any changes to anything then feel free, but this teams been doing work for me! CYL8R

Importable should be attached, i dont know if its worked yet...

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)