drawings by dot Comfey

Hello, I'm dot Comfey and I draw things sometimes. I mainly draw whatever comes to mind in, usually Pokemon species or characters. Drawing isn't the thing I do actively the most, but I still enjoy it. I mainly make "covers" of official art, but I'm also trying to make art that isn't just drawing over an example.

Before I started drawing I made a small pixel art (which is currently my avatar) and I guess I wanted to eventually make something like that. I kinda taught myself to draw and I haven't really looked at online tutorials, but I do take suggestions to improve my art.

drawing1.jpg

Finished on September 26, 2020
This is my very first digital drawing, a cover of my favorite Pokemon character design. As of posting this, it is my favorite drawing. (based on Selene's official SM art)
drawing2.jpg

Finished on November 3, 2020
A drawing of my currently favorite Pokemon. After finishing this I decided to start making my art public instead of sharing my stuff exclusively to private Discord servers. (based on Comfey's official art)
drawing3.png

Finished on November 24, 2020
Lillie is another character that I like, both as a game character and design. Since I didn't have SM or USUM, I watched playthroughs instead and (minor story spoiler): Nebby escaping from her bag was something I found funny so they became a duo that I really liked and I drew both of them. I drew Cosmog separately, and I also decided to change its face to make the overall drawing look better. This drawing took a lot less time than my two previous drawings, taking only four days, but that's probably because I had more time to draw, allowing me to have full focus. This one had so much bright colors that I was suggested to use backgrounds, and so I've included them ever since. (based on Lillie's official USUM art and Cosmog's official art)
snom.png

Finished on November 28, 2020
My first attempt at making a drawing without drawing over official art. I'm still trying to see if I can make my drawings have their own poses. I chose Snom because I thought its relatively simple design would be a great way to start making more original art. (based on Snom's official art)
drawing1-3-final.png

Mostly finished on December 1, 2020 | Slight improvements and background finished on December 17, 2020
This is the most recent thing I made, and I was mainly focused on work so I didn't give myself time to draw things. I turned my first drawing into a Christmas-themed drawing, along with some improvements to the original image. I didn't want to remove the trainer vibe of Selene so the layout of the image is mostly the same. The shirt is probably the most original thing I've made as of posting this; I took inspiration from online images but I didn't use any elements of those images and allowed myself to go creative with the decorations. (spin-off of my drawing Selene (SM))
caterpie_finished.png
Finished on February 12, 2021
A return to drawing things again after being inactive for almost 2 months. For this one, I used a different style of outlines.
pikachuhead.png

Finished on March 1, 2021
My first drawing of just a Pokemon's head. For this one, I tried to make my own shapes instead of copying the shapes of official art.

Requests are currently not open. This might change in the future.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, even if we are on a Pokemon website, you might want to provide the source images you used. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. The covers look great, by the way.

Unfortunately, even if we are on a Pokemon website, you might want to provide the source images you used. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. The covers look great, by the way.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've added all of my sources to each of my drawings since they are heavily based on the official art. I didn't want it to get too messy so I didn't provide additional images or links, but they can be easily found on Bulbapedia.

Since my Smogon account is now 2 years old, I'm now posting some drawings I made since last posting here.

caterpie_finished.png
Finished on February 12, 2021
A return to drawing things again after being inactive for almost 2 months. For this one, I used a different style of outlines.
pikachuhead.png

Finished on March 1, 2021
My first drawing of just a Pokemon's head. For this one, I tried to make my own shapes instead of copying the shapes of official art.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)