Dream World Community-Create-a-Team — Mk II [Step 1]

Dream World CCAT — Mk II

Hey guys. With the last CCAT dying out because of the release of BW2, I thought that instead of revamping the old team, making a new team would be the best thing to do to ensure we can come up with the most competitive team possible. Like all CCATs, we'll try and build an effective team around an underrated Pokemon or set, and we'll be following this general guide (taken from Pocket's OU CCAT):

[box]Step 1: We are going to start by picking which forgotten Pokemon (and set) we are going to be basing the team around. This does NOT mean the Pokemon has to be the late game sweeper, it means the team will be built around that Pokemon, whatever role it plays. This thread is for nominating Pokemon to be added to a poll (Pokemon that you think fit the description of a "forgotten" Pokemon). [We are on this step!]

Note A: "Forgotten Wonder" is something is less used then the average OU Pokemon / set, but is still powerful enough to be used in the standard metagame. So no Caterpies, Magikarp, Beldum, etc. Thanks.

Note B: You can suggest forgotten or underrated "sets", i.e. Bulk Up Toxicroak, considering SD is so popular.

Step 2: We select what style of team we want to make. This will likely include something along the lines of Offense, Bulky Offense (closest form of stall..), Weather, Trick Room, and possibly more.

Step 3: We select Pokemon that work well around our Pokemon and fit the team style and test it.

Step 4: We fine-tune the team based on our experiences in test-driving the team on the ladder!

Step 5: We finalize the team and write up a 5-star RMT! As a final note, make sure that whatever you test is actually viable instead of theorymonning.[/box]
So let's get to it! On a side note, Omicron is going to be helping me out with this when I cannot update it regularly, so please be kind to him!

Nominations:
Choice Band Staraptor - drakon136
SubRoost Kyurem - Anikrahman1995
Offensive Trick Room Reuniclus - Jimbon
Defensive Hydreigon - Sewa
Swords Dance Feraligatr - White symphoni
SubPetaya Empoleon - Audiosurfer
Choice Band Snorlax - MrCookie
Tail Glow Manaphy - Harsha

I'll start. Nominating Choice Band Staraptor.

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Choice Band Staraptor is a monster in the current metagame. Thanks to Reckless, Choice Band Staraptor's STAB-boosted attacks are stronger than Choice Band Haxorus' Outrage! Brave Bird and Double-Edge are obligatory STABs, and are boosted even further thanks to Reckless. Close Combat is for the troublesome Rock- and Steel-types in the tier that would otherwise wall Staraptor endlessly. I chose U-turn in the last slot so that Staraptor can come in on a weakened foe, quickly finish it off and gain momentum.

On another note, you forgot to take off the final sentences for parts 2, 3 and 4.

I am nominating Subroost Kyurem:

Kyurem @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP / 232 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

This is one of the best anti-metagame pokemon at the moment. It OHKOs all the therians and Dragonite through its multiscale. When behind a subtitute, the pokemon that threaten Kyurem are also threatened back by it. Examples are Breloom, Conkeldurr, Latios, Latias, Dragonite etc. This thing has only one hard counter: Jirachi(specially defensive wish variants only). All the other pokemon that are able to wall it are weak in general to toxic spikes and such walls are unable to break Kyurem's substitute in one hit. With pressure it can stall out Blissey and Chansey out of seismic toss pp. It is also a good counter to rain teams seeing as the common members of rain teams are unable to handle it. Ferrothorn is PP stalled out of Gyro Ball, Jellicent is weak to toxic spikes, Scarf Politoed does around 56% with focus blast which can be easily pp stalled and Specs versions are slower and thus a substitutee will be in the way to fish for a Focus blast/Hydro Pump miss. Calm Mind Keldeo is a problem to this set as it can use Calm Mind and proceed to KO Kyurem. Starmie makes a great partner, capable of spinning and handling Keldeo with Psyshock. This thing has a base 130 special attack which is equivalent to that of Mamoswine's Attack stat. Kyurem is also great at wearing down Tyranitar and Scizor that like coming in on it.

| 108 | Kyurem | 453 | 1.216% | 353 | 1.173% |
What is this?

I am nominating Offensive Trick Room Reuniclus..

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Arguably, one of the biggest anti metagame Pokemon right now. Dream World being a very fast paced metagame with fast Pokemon and a lot of priority, Reuniclus is one of the few Dream World threats that does not rely on its speed stat to cause trouble for an opponent. This set completely shifts the momentum in your favour, allowing you to outspeed pretty much everything under Trick Room. Reuniclus also sports great offensive coverage, with a reliable STAB in Psychic, and flawless unresisted coverage with Shadow Ball and Focus Blast. This goes hand in hand with it's ability, Magic Guard. Reuniclus can easily run a Life Orb set to boost it's offensive power, without wearing itself down quickly. It does exceptionally well against stall teams, being immune to the status thrown at it. Reuniclus also pairs well as offensive partners with a lot of the top tier threats in Dream World. Terrakion, Keldeo and Breloom all appreciate Reuniclus support, as it can deal with many physical walls easily. I should also mention that Reuniclus can 2HKO the top 8 most used Pokemon in Dream World, meaning none of them can switch in when Trick Room is up.

I'm nominating Hydreigon in a new role:

Hydreigon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Torment
- Focus Blast/Toxic/Fire Blast

Do you remember the frustrating tormentran set that could annoy the hell out of any of your pokes. Well, this is the new version. With a good typing and 2 immunities, this Hydreigon can work in a stall/semi-stall team to abuse Toxic Spikes and to mess up with choiced pokes. The last slot is mainly filler. I used to run 112 Speed to outrun adamant Mamoswine that loves to come into Hydreigon and destroy it with Focus Blast. Fire Blast can be used for Excadrill, Earth Power does the same and nails Heatran. Toxic can be helpful against levitating and flying pokes.

Bryce

Lun
I am nominating Swords Dance Feraligatr.

Feraligatr(M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 atk/252 spd or 252 atk/160 spDef/96 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch/Ice Punch
- Aqua jet

Feraligatr is a great pokemon in my opinion and SD Feraligatr is a Monster in Rain.Its very under rated considering its capability.It's capable of Destroying almost any common wall in DW OU after one SD in rain.Aqua get hits crazy hard in rain after an SD which lets it sweep through faster frailer pokes.What sets it apart from Breloom is that it does not have to worry about the ST Chandelure which is a huge threat in this meta.Furthermore its far more bulky then breloom.Breloom needs prediction or needs to come in on something slower.Which is less reliable considering the meta is highly offensive.Feraligatr also posses a slightly higher base speed than breloom which means it can outspeed opposing brelooms and smack them with an Ice Punch or +2 Waterfall.It's priority move Aqua jet hits common DW mons like Excadrill for SE damge and OHKOs in Rain or after an SD.+2 Aqua Jet in rain also KOs bulky pokes such as Garchomp.This beast is a big asset to any rain team given the fact that it can nearly destroy any common sand team just with a bit of support.Good luck to TTar switching into this guy.Its bulk really makes it stand out able to take hits like outrage from Garchomp and Earthquake from Exca along with LO psycho boost from Deo-S(the bulkier spread) pretty well considering its an offensive pokemon.so without doubt I can say it can take out multiple pokes or even sweep an entire team with just a bit of skillful playing.

The EVs depends on what is required.With max speed it can outspeed standard breloom and kill it.The bulkier 160 sp Def and 96 EV HP spread is for setting up a bit more reliably.Genesect gets Atk boost when switching into the bulkier spread meaning it'll never KO with Tbolt unless its specs(pretty rare).Crunch nails Latias and Slowbro as well as doing a great amount of damage to Manaphy.Ice Punch has great coverage with its STAB Water attacks and crushes Amoongus after an SD.

I have used it and personally I feel that if people knew more about this guy It would certainly be among top 10 DW OU pokes.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I nominate Agility SubPetaya Empoleon
Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 12 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Grass Knot / Ice Beam

Empoleon's an amazing late-game sweeper. With Rain support after Torrent and Petaya Berry, a Hydro Pump from this thing is almost twice as powerful as a Choice Specs Draco Meteor from Latios. This thing can easily 6-0 teams that don't pack either something with Mach Punch or one of the few things that wall it depending on the move choice. hat can wall it. Grass Knot ensures that things like Gastrodon or Jellicent don't wall it, while Ice Beam hits Grass types and Dragons harder. When I've used this thing it would come and 6-0 teams when it was my last pokemon and I was down 6-1. Even if rain's not up, it still does alot of damage to sand teams and can 6-0 plenty of those as well.

I nominate Choice Band Snorlax

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam/Return
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Snorlax is a very good pokemon in the dw metagame due to being able to counter threats such as heatran and chandelure, with it's great movepool and special bulk. It also has great power and has a niche over tyranitar as a chandy counter by being able to be run on rain or sun teams. Pursuit also allows him to take out the lati@s twins.

Manaphy @ Life Orb | Hydration
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Rest
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Energy Ball

Well, we don't really know the future of Darkrai so this step will be up until a tiering decision is reached. In the meantime, I recommend we try out Manaphy, a severely underrated threat. While it's nerfed by faster threats such as Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T, not to mention normal Thundurus and some others, this is easily one of the deadliest sweepers because it sets up with ease, has good bulk, and has a +3 boosting move. As a side, it does extremely well against Darkrai should it be released :). All-in-all Manaphy is a great Pokemon that definitely merits a team built around it.

edit: good catch Kidogo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)