Dreams

Have you had any interesting dreams lately? Keep a dream journal? I figure somebody will be interested in reading them, and might even be able to lend a hand in some interpretation.

I always found that dream journals are kind of futile. You only remember your dreams if you wake up in the right phase of sleep and even then, it'd be one of many and the recall on them fades FAST through the day.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Last night I dreamt that I was standing by some river, and then all these cows started coming out of the river for some goddam reason, there were six or seven of them I think, anyway they were healthy normal-looking cows and they started grazing by the riverside. Good scene right?

Then all of a sudden these ugly diseased-looking zombie cows came out of the river as well and started cannibalizing the healthy cows. It was fucking disgusting let me tell you. The healthy cows were torn limb from limb until there was nothing left of them. Cow blood and guts everywhere. What the fuck is that shit? It was like some messed-up Dawn of the Dead except with cows.

So yeah good luck interpreting that.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've pretty much stopped remembering any of my dreams. curious things that i have dreamed about is suffocating and then waking up with my face stuffed in the pillow unable to breathe (contributing factor: cold).

I don't really think dreams intrinsically mean anything other than what you make them.
I see no purpose in keeping a dream journal other than to keep track of the cool shit your subconscious comes up with in your sleep that you can remember.

I had a dream a few months ago, where I'm sitting on a couch with this super cute blonde laying across me, her head in my lap. I lean down to kiss her, but she totally freaks out and runs out of the room. Fucking bullshit right? Women. Even in my dreams I don't know what I did.

The scene changes and presumably some time passes, and now I'm standing in front of my full-length mirror in my apartment. I'm changing into my pajamas and I notice a strange little boy standing behind me with a completely blank expression on his face. I whip my head around to face him, but he's not there anymore. When I turn back to the mirror, I see nothing besides furniture and myself. Very horror movie-esque. I'm creeped the fuck out, but instead of leaving my apartment like a smart person, I instead walk into my bathroom to brush my teeth. As I walk back into my room and pass in front of my mirror, I see the little boy's reflection again. I turn around to try and see him, but this time he's floating at eye level. Before I can react, he pulls out a dagger and stabs me in the throat and between the eyes.

Now I'm laying on the floor in some kind of dark, damp dungeon. There's a very mystical rune under my body, but I'm focused more on the copious amount of blood leaving my body. As I'm fading out, the blonde girl from before walks into the room, wearing a very long, elegant black dress. She runs over to me and leans over my body. As she puts her face near mine, she whispers, "This won't hurt a bit," and proceeds to sink her fangs into my neck. I was like VAMPIRE WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. She sucks what little blood I have left and the rune under me starts to glow. At this point I pass out.

When I wake up, she explains to me that I'm now her zombie husband. Not just any zombie though - I still have a mind, self-awareness, and control over my body, except for one thing: I cannot stop loving this girl. It's literally impossible for me to think anything about her but positive, loving thoughts. The little boy is her ghostly minion. And best of all? All my blood has congealed onto my body in the form of a dark crimson tuxedo. So now I'm married to a hottie, immortal, and I look fantastic.

True story.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
oh, if ever a thread was (re)made for me! I am obsessed with dreams, mostly because I am fascinated with what my own subconscious can conjure up whilst I'm not exerting any effort, and lo and behold, I come up with some crazy shit.

I recorded this dream 68 days ago, and yeah, most of my dreams end up being crazy shit like that, although I think this one is slightly tamer than my usual dreams. I reaaaaally enjoy reading the dreams of others, as I'm just as fascinated with what other people dream about than just myself, and it's fun to analyze dreams to see if you can relate anything to past events, or just figure out why you dreamt what you did at all. I feel that I have above-average dream recall, in that I can typically record a lot of what I've dreamt about, but I have my on and off days. As of two days ago I've started again to try and write at least something about what I dreamt about, even if it's only a few words.

Last night I dreamt I had a sweet black katana and killed nearly everyone I ever knew, who were all sent against me as part of an elite squad trained to kill me. It was epic until some fucker whacked me in the neck and I woke up.

oh and the setting was a wicked looking mansion in the middle of nowhere.

When I was 10 I dreamt my family bought a cactus, and when I woke up to pee in the middle of the night it started moving and running after me so I woke my family up and we drove through half of the earth with the cactus still following us. I woke up at Mexico :S

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
the problem with dreams is that nobody else gives a shit what you hallucinated about last night. there is nothing less interesting than someone who talks about material accessible only to themselves, let alone when it's not even a coherent narrative. all dream conversations i have been involved in have been exactly like this thread - everyone ignores everyone else and tries to interject their own experiences and bring the subject back to themselves.

boring.

i was a professional golfer and i beat tiger woods and thats pretty much it

My house turned into some 352-story building which started to fall down from the Japan Earthquake (even though I'm no where near Japan). I managed to make it to the window and jumped, landing with no injuries whatsoever. I figured out that I was dreaming, but I let it flow anyway. So when I landed, people started boo'ing me for being some kind of Satanic creature, who flew up from the underworld to destroy civilization. Hearing this, my subconscious mind gave me demon powers to obliterate this city. Long story short, I flew around the world shooting people with my laser eye vision.

And I woke up at 3pm. With blood shot eyes and red cheeks.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I've pretty much stopped remembering any of my dreams. curious things that i have dreamed about is suffocating and then waking up with my face stuffed in the pillow unable to breathe (contributing factor: cold).
This happened to me a lot before I got my deviated septum (blocked nasal passage pretty much; couldn't breathe through nose)[side point: somebody somewhere on something used threw instead of through in a sentence and I didn't understand it until now] fixed (and now you're going back to read the beggining of the sentence because you can't remember what I got fixed). I would dream about being under water or some shit and I was drowning, then I would wake up and open my mouth and inhale.

the problem with dreams is that nobody else gives a shit what you hallucinated about last night. there is nothing less interesting than someone who talks about material accessible only to themselves, let alone when it's not even a coherent narrative. all dream conversations i have been involved in have been exactly like this thread - everyone ignores everyone else and tries to interject their own experiences and bring the subject back to themselves.

boring.
Maybe I'm just a weirdo but I enjoyed reading this thread? At least the posts that were substantial.
I guess you're right though, so far nobody's hit the quote button. Except morm. But that was just for a sarcastic antitheism joke.

No discussion to be had, but everybody would like for theirs to be read.

Instead I got Damp. :(
did you really just make a wet dream joke
come on man I think japan's had enough wet jokes already.

Also: Fuck that was an awful post Blazin Kickin Chicken.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

boring.
i'm generally interested in someone's dreams if I'm in them, or if they're narrated pretty well (coherent storyline, specific details etc)

Dreams are a great way of understanding things about yourself that you might ignore in general in day-to-day life.

A (very cool) recurring theme in my dreams are superpowers. However, I've found that you still have to obey weird sets of rules even if you realise you're in a dream. For example, if I want to fly I can't just fly, I have to devise some sort of mechanism in order to do so, like straining myself. I'm interested to see whether this is the case for everyone else or if my subconscious just likes making things hard for me.

Lucid dreams are incredible, I've had two over the past couple nights. Last night the cue was seeing my face clean-shaven knowing damn well I haven't shaven in over a week.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This happened to me a lot before I got my deviated septum (blocked nasal passage pretty much; couldn't breathe through nose)[side point: somebody somewhere on something used threw instead of through in a sentence and I didn't understand it until now] fixed (and now you're going back to read the beggining of the sentence because you can't remember what I got fixed). I would dream about being under water or some shit and I was drowning, then I would wake up and open my mouth and inhale.
Yeah, I got the underwater thing. I dreamed I was swimming under a long, underwater passage (scuba diving, somehow) yet I could not surface; I awoke gasping for breath after swimming for several minutes and realizing I could not breathe.

In my youth I've had some dreams that I still remember to this day but are mostly very surreal and from what I can gather, nonsensical. For example,

I don't recall the beginning or the end (as is usually the case with my dreams as far as I can tell) but I am in a land populated by dwarves and somehow I know the setting is Melbourne (my birthplace) and I have helped them build a bridge to cross from one town to another. The surroundings are very rustic, and as if they were straight from an aged painting. I am standing on this bridge with the dwarves celebrating its completion, suddenly the bridge begins to collapse and we all comically fall into an endless abyss.

Oh, and my dad told me he once had this dream whereby he was tuning a radio but could only get white static and awoke to find that it was me snoring in the same room very loudly.

I once had a dream where I was able to fly, but then ended up falling and being on the ground. I spent the rest of the time trying to fly again.

I also remember having a dream where I realized I was in it, but then got lost in the dream. I kept on thinking I had to remember something but couldn't remember that it was, and didn't realize that that was that I had realized I was in a dream until after the dream.

I'm more interested in the weird quirks about dreams than what your dreams are about. Like has anyone else ever had a dream where when they walked they got farther away from where they were going? Like being on a treadmill that moves faster than you no matter how fast you run. I have this happen in my dreams all the time. Usually I get smart and turn around so I'll pushed in the direction I want to go but I always wake up before I make it to the door or whatever. I also have dreams where I'm trying to shoot an attacker but the trigger on the gun doesn't move so the gun won't shoot.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I get dreams just about daily. Problem is I can't really remember them much anymore since my daily alarm clock abruptly "ends" them and ruins any kind of concentration I could muster to recall.

I like to think my dreams as a reflection of my younger self. Typically, they involve some kind of adventure that involves superpowers, aliens, alternate realities, time travels, and sometimes, they involve people from Smogon (yeah...). I get lucid dreams quite often, but maintaining them can be so tedious sometimes that I would let go of my realization and accept that the dream is a reality.

/me remembers the one dream where drcossack's wife was struck by a meteor and caused him to wage a war on neighboring alien humanoid races called Sesameans and Tromboids...

A (very cool) recurring theme in my dreams are superpowers. However, I've found that you still have to obey weird sets of rules even if you realise you're in a dream. For example, if I want to fly I can't just fly, I have to devise some sort of mechanism in order to do so, like straining myself. I'm interested to see whether this is the case for everyone else or if my subconscious just likes making things hard for me.
I have the same issue with running in my dreams, if I try to, I simply cannot do it. Although, it does feel like I can control certain aspects of a dream, such as if people die or not.
Anyone else get that feeling where you are "conscious" within a dream and can control certain things?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)