drugs (we're gonna get hi, hi, hi)

Man looking back on this thread is a true testament to the places life can take you. I'm going to divulge a bit of my story here, hopefully it will help someone, anyone, and if only one person so be it. My "innocent" curiosity and dabbling with mind altering substances started right around the same time I began engaging in this community. It seemed harmless and quite frankly cool to me to take o this persona of some rebellious stoner, searching for validation, trying to fulfill some socially inept void I could never grasp. Never feeling like I could fit in, being able to escape the truth of who I really am was such an alluring concept. I just want to say that it's not at all glamorous, or cool, nor hip to get high. It's an illusion, and this innocent illusion (or so I thought) turned into a dark void of suffering extremely fast. What started as an occasional pot smoking and psychedelic ingesting fascination turned into a full blown IV heroin addiction within a matter of a couple years. I never thought it would happen to me, I told myself I would never touch that shit. I'm so fucking logical, mind over matter and everything in moderation is what I kept telling myself. I was so clueless, and thought I had it all figured out, how wrong I was. I came from a good home, a family and upbringing. But I tampered with a demon, the likes of which you couldn't imagine in your time of worst despair. I went from being sheltered in my house, in front of my computer at these very forums for hours, to being clinically dead twice, in jail several times, stealing from my family over and over, watching 8people I went to high school with die from OD, sleeping in abandoned buildings or anywhere I could lay my head, prostituting the girl I was in love with out to support both of our habits because god knows I could not get out of that fucking bed without nearly shitting myself, puking, shaking and sweating unless I had a fix. I was crippled and brought to my knees by this little glassiline bag. I suffered incomprehensible demoralization all due to the fact that I thought this shit was cool because it made me feel good when I was younger and never changed my perception. Some of this may or may not happen to any of you, but I just wanna say you can achieve self appreciation and reach a plateau of good feeling without the use of drugs. I'm sober today and I feel better than I ever have in my life. I've had my fair share of good times and partying but none of that shit is relevant in the grand scheme of things. We are all spiritual beings and we are not products of our environment, our reputations, or clothes or what music we listen to. You can reach an elevated state of mind all by yourself if you take the time to seek the truth. I'm gonna stop rambling now, hope this helps even though its scattered.

fuck man. I miss you, FM. Come on IRC bro.

Also, sorry for totally ruining the message of your previous post, but I'm chilling on about 45ml of liquid hydrocodone atm and it feels great. I love opiates.

I'm so glad you're doing well now FM. I always wondered how you've been (yeah I think about my internet friends sometimes). I remember I used to always fuck with you and alex that drugs are bad and all that and it's kind of ironic how this is working out.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
i don't know man, but i've usually heard the phrase 'drugs & alcohol,' instead of just 'drugs,' and i've always wondered why it was singled out like that. is it maybe the legality and accessibility? (actually when i was in high school weed was a lot easier to find than booze, but i guess that from an 'objective adult' perspective [i.e. d.a.r.e. programs, &c.] alcohol is easier to get)

I dont smoke or sniff drugs but I do occasionally drink lean which some consider as a drug. I manage my amounts and will never overdose. It helps people relax and slows things down for you. All it is is promethazine and codeine (cough syrup) jolly ranchers and sprite. It helped me pass pre cal without stressing over not understanding problems. Its very popular in Texas and Miami.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I dont smoke or sniff drugs but I do occasionally drink lean which some consider as a drug. I manage my amounts and will never overdose. It helps people relax and slows things down for you. All it is is promethazine and codeine (cough syrup) jolly ranchers and sprite. It helped me pass pre cal without stressing over not understanding problems. Its very popular in Texas and Miami.
codeine is an opiate. "some" don't "consider" it a drug, it is a hard drug. honestly, opiates aren't a good track to be getting into, especially in high school as you seem to be. try smoking weed, it's less addictive and has fewer longterm consequences than extended opiate use. indica strains should have the relaxing, sedating qualities you like. that said, you shouldn't smoke before/during school, tho tbh you shouldn't rly be drinking lean during school either LOL............

Im in college, and
codeine is an opiate. "some" don't "consider" it a drug, it is a hard drug. honestly, opiates aren't a good track to be getting into, especially in high school as you seem to be. try smoking weed, it's less addictive and has fewer longterm consequences than extended opiate use. indica strains should have the relaxing, sedating qualities you like. that said, you shouldn't smoke before/during school, tho tbh you shouldn't rly be drinking lean during school either LOL............
I only got into lean because of its hevay use of people in my community. I havent smoked weed and prob will never. I have only head negative things about it.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
hey look my avi is relavent

yeah have fun with your siezures

like I realize I was just going hurr durr weed is so dangerous on the last page but I just meant in the general addiction is bad kinda way, and if you're prone to a clutch you probably shouldn't do drugs... but if you're going to do anything....

Last edited:

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lmao I love the mental gymnastics people do to rationalize how what they do is different

most common is how people seem to define "soft drugs" as the drugs they do or are willing to do and "hard drugs" as the one they don't, but occasionally you'll just get idiots who claim the drug they do actually *isnt a drug* because... they do it, I guess? Most common with weed but lol I guess codeine isn't a drug now?

Anything psychoactive is automatically a drug. Yup. Very broad definition.

Also don't rationalize opiate use by somehow saying it makes you better at school. Even if that wasn't total bullshit, using addictive drugs as a crutch to get through life is generally a Bad Thing and not a good thing.

I've been sober for about a month (minus alcohol) as I'm doing the whole employment shebang. I'll find out soon enough if that was necessary. Until then, I think I will end up tripping once or twice. Gotta get something to test a batch of "LSD" with first.

Morfent

formerly known as clifford the big red pawg
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like when people say "Weed isn't a drug, it's a plant," because that'd mean opium and coca must not be drugs either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)