drugs (we're gonna get hi, hi, hi)

Hello smogons, I just felt like posting here to mention that yes, I still live up to my name. I have been a pot-smoker since age 18, and am now 33 and living a quite comfortable and contented life. I attribute this partly to marijuana. Many times over the years, it has helped me remain calm and analyze situations in a rational, thoughtful manner rather than acting on emotional impulses or succumbing to peer pressure to 'grow up'. I imagine without it, I would be very 'adultly' and dull by now, undoubtedly stressed over ridiculous things like what colour to paint my living room or where to get salt and pepper shakers that match my table cloth. Of all my friends from high school, I am now the only one who does not look like I am in my 30's. Many have gone through their first divorce already, have grey hair, and mountains of debt. I am still a humble, merry toker who is very much young-at-heart and happy with my life. I have marijuana to thank for that. I have never tried other drugs nor have I had the slightest desire to. I am living proof that pot is not a gateway drug, nor does it screw up your life. Just be smart about it, moderation is key, and dont flaunt it by toking in public. Happy New Year everyone!

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
A friend of mine from school tried acid for the first time four days ago, and she apparently dropped three tabs at once. This seriously altered her perceptions of the world and such, and I don't know enough about the effects of LSD to know how long the high lasts (and thus whether this is a sign of some permanent alteration or whether she just hasn't come down). Her perceptions and focus seem to drift in and out of reality now, she's talking a lot about bizarre spiritual stuff that makes no sense (I don't just mean this in terms of logical contradictions - it is literally disjointed at times), and her personality itself seems to have changed. This scares the hell out of me, to be honest. All I can really do is wait and see whether the change is permanent, really - I can't alter it, and even if I could, it wouldn't be my place - but it's really freaking me out in the meantime.

Since a bunch of you have either done acid yourselves or known people who have done it, I figured this would be as good a place as any to ask - have you ever heard of someone going through something like this, and if so, how long did it last? If it did last, to what extent (by this I mean how close they ever got to returning to a more-or-less normal mindset)?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
A friend of mine from school tried acid for the first time four days ago, and she apparently dropped three tabs at once. This seriously altered her perceptions of the world and such, and I don't know enough about the effects of LSD to know how long the high lasts (and thus whether this is a sign of some permanent alteration or whether she just hasn't come down). Her perceptions and focus seem to drift in and out of reality now, she's talking a lot about bizarre spiritual stuff that makes no sense (I don't just mean this in terms of logical contradictions - it is literally disjointed at times), and her personality itself seems to have changed. This scares the hell out of me, to be honest. All I can really do is wait and see whether the change is permanent, really - I can't alter it, and even if I could, it wouldn't be my place - but it's really freaking me out in the meantime.

Since a bunch of you have either done acid yourselves or known people who have done it, I figured this would be as good a place as any to ask - have you ever heard of someone going through something like this, and if so, how long did it last? If it did last, to what extent (by this I mean how close they ever got to returning to a more-or-less normal mindset)?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
3 tabs is way too much for a beginner especially if you don't know the exact doses, but from my knowledge even an overdose like that shouldn't cause a trip that lasts over 24 hours with the effects you describe. I am by no means an expert regarding acid, but it seems your friend took some psycological damage. it isn't unusual that your personality changes after a trip (especiall such an intense one), but the fact that she apparently still can't talk normally and has problems perceiving what is real and what isn't, sounds like a serious warning sign that she might be psychotic. Again i am not a real expert on acid, but i haven't heard that a trip can last for 4 days straight with such effects so i think it might be a good idea to get medical support.

dude like last night at this party i tooootally smoked like 3 marijuanas man like 3 entire marijuanas totally ballin
man this joke is so funny and clever and original and not the most half-assed attempt at humor i've had to see a couple hundred times over the past 2 years

Never done but I'd be open to weed but none of my friends smoke. Doing hard drugs is just lol

how 2 convince / get weed / fourtwenny

been missing that ketaset, and having fun in general. lots of good blow was comin my way a while, but the white woman is fickle and i dont wiegh enough to like it as much as i do :p

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
this is the greatest thing, i just found a bag of weed that i didn't know i had when clearing out my stuff
howthefuck

hello people weed is great yes thank you

edit: on New Years I wound up in some house party, pills were flying but i just smoked some dank also i might have exaggerated on the pills factoid

Last edited:

tape

???????????????????????????

1mg of xanax and 2 beers last night. which somehow escalated into a third, then a forth, and after that i dont even remember what-the-fuck
am i gonna be a raging alcoholic? :(
today i found 6 bottles of beer in my bathroom and one of them was only half-full?? the worst is definitely not remembering anything.
edit1: its kinda nice seeing my last.fm tho
edit2: of course i drank the half-full warm beer right as i woke up

Last edited:

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
I've seen people fucked up on heroine, and I've seen people fucked up on alcohol.
I'd go so far as to say that the alcoholic was more fucked up than the heroine addict.
But one is legal; one isn't.

tape

i have like 5 days with my beautiful 3DS

but now often after playing with the 3D on I feel like I can see the world in 3D+; even flat displays seem to have depth! temporarily

also Pokemon X is a fantastic game
im also generally high tho

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I've seen people fucked up on heroine, and I've seen people fucked up on alcohol.
I'd go so far as to say that the alcoholic was more fucked up than the heroine addict.
But one is legal; one isn't.
well in america yeah
if you walk around with a bottle of whiskey in the uae you'll get shot lol
(that's hyperbole I don't actually have any insight into the drinking laws in dubai or whatever but the point stands, plenty of places where strong opiates take the place of alcohol. Generally speaking they're not any more fucked up than us. Besides like, women's rights in some of those countries but hey we don't treat em the best either so who am I to talk)

drugs are pretty benign, people make the addicts/violent rapists.

edit: violin rapists

I only smoke weed with a certain group of friends, not because I have a problem with it, just because it's meh in my eyes. Alcohol is stronger, easier, and much more readily obtained. It is kind of silly that weed is still illegal in certain states (and and countries), it's a case of the stigma being much worse than the actual facts. I wouldn't go near any of the heavier drugs though, the potential for addiction and damage (not to mention the price) ramps up considerably after molly (another reasonably tame drug), it gets to a point where the high isn't worth the risk...you can have a hell of a time with a bowl and some booze, there's really no need to take it further

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
well in america yeah
if you walk around with a bottle of whiskey in the uae you'll get shot lol
(that's hyperbole I don't actually have any insight into the drinking laws in dubai or whatever but the point stands, plenty of places where strong opiates take the place of alcohol. Generally speaking they're not any more fucked up than us. Besides like, women's rights in some of those countries but hey we don't treat em the best either so who am I to talk)

drugs are pretty benign, people make the addicts/violent rapists.

edit: violin rapists
Violin Rapist. :P

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I only smoke weed with a certain group of friends, not because I have a problem with it, just because it's meh in my eyes. Alcohol is stronger, easier, and much more readily obtained. It is kind of silly that weed is still illegal in certain states (and and countries), it's a case of the stigma being much worse than the actual facts. I wouldn't go near any of the heavier drugs though, the potential for addiction and damage (not to mention the price) ramps up considerably after molly (another reasonably tame drug), it gets to a point where the high isn't worth the risk...you can have a hell of a time with a bowl and some booze, there's really no need to take it further
Neither m nor eth are 'reasonably tame' both are highly dangerous (m cos it's in such high demand qed cut with a bunch a fuck shit)

weed is the only common illicit drug that could be called tame: most of the harm comes from the common method of ingestion (smoking cabbage, as they say), however that's not to make light of the fact that it is certainly a powerful psycadelic that can fuck you the hell up

a friend of mine just posted this to fb today in light of lets talk, anyways he talks slightly about having problems with (raver kid, did molly a bunch (well I'm assuming since a lot of his/our mutual friends did/do) so I'm sure that didn't help with his mental state) marijuana addiction

so yeah again, drugs are fine, if you're not getting addicted to any crutch your leaning on, i'm sure you could do a line of coke without incidence. I think the distinction between "hard drugs" and the "vanilla class" has done a bunch of fucking harm to all manner of folk, mostly kids though.

(yeah before you ask, he's like, the gayest person I've ever met, and I spent a lot of time in the village/cabbage town so that's really saying something)

Come to think of it that (BAN ME PLEASE) still hasn't sent me the ten dollars he owes me from, well a long time ago if he hasn't smoked in a year.

tldr: everything in moderation

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)