drugs (we're gonna get hi, hi, hi)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
idk if he will say anything, but iirc DM had a really transcendent experience with mushrooms and he's a good writer so

I've taken mushrooms twice, once on their own and once in concert with MDMA. If you've never taken a psychedelic hallucinogen then it is hard to describe, but I would say the main feature of the psychedelic experience is an overwhelmingly beautiful sense of interconnectedness with the world and the people around you, like you truly belong in this wonderful world. If you take a high enough dose then stuff will move around and maybe you'll get some color shifts, but for me the fun and point of psychedelics are the intanigble, difficult-to-describe sensations and uniquely offbeat thoughts
Thanks for the kind words v. I would elaborate on what you wrote, but you really did it justice as well as I could without being face to face (when I explain tripping, I find myself illustrating with my hands saying "UP HERE"/"DOWN HERE"). But yes, the perfect word is interconnectedness. And it's truly beautiful. The experience v is referring to is the one time I was tripping and saw what I conceived to be a higher power. Not God by any stretch of the imagination, but... yeah. Hard to explain. Just totally worth it.

But knowledge isn't tangible. And well, I think this thread aims to cover specific types of drugs :P

Question for all the cannabis users: I recently took a break from smoking. One thing I've always noticed from the breaks I take is that when I smoke, I don't dream. Or perhaps I do, but I don't recall any of them. Any time I go on a break I start to have vivid dreams and I'll remember them, practically in full. Last night I dreamed various scenarios, people, and events, and I can recall most of them. I even recall full quotes from multiple people, though this is probably due to all the lucid dreaming practice I was obsessed with at one point xD

Does anyone else find themselves dreaming less or being unable to recall dreams when consuming cannabis?

But knowledge isn't tangible. And well, I think this thread aims to cover specific types of drugs :P

Question for all the cannabis users: I recently took a break from smoking. One thing I've always noticed from the breaks I take is that when I smoke, I don't dream. Or perhaps I do, but I don't recall any of them. Any time I go on a break I start to have vivid dreams and I'll remember them, practically in full. Last night I dreamed various scenarios, people, and events, and I can recall most of them. I even recall full quotes from multiple people, though this is probably due to all the lucid dreaming practice I was obsessed with at one point xD

Does anyone else find themselves dreaming less or being unable to recall dreams when consuming cannabis?
Same here dude. Since I stopped smoking since December I noticed that I dream every fucking night. I smoked a bit in early February and I don't remember dreaming much and then after I stopped I dreamed every night.

On Thursday, it was the first time I smoke cannabis since a long time, and when I went back home (I was half drunk and sleep deprived) I fell asleep and didn't dream, but I had dreams on Friday.

I wish my dreams would be interesting, as that would be a nice perk to have when not smoking cannabis, but unfortunately my dreams are boring and tedious as fuck, so I could do without them. And one thing for sure, I used to sleep better when I used to smoke.

Definitely. I sleep better, but that's if I smoke a reasonable amount. If I smoke too much that grogginess carries over into the next day, so I learn how to make stash last pretty long by smoking small amounts. If I smoke too much consecutively my sleeping and eating schedule tend to go crazy anyway.

Though I do like to dream, so doing without them can be a drawback for me. I like to intentionally try and lucid dream as well so that can't happen if I go to bed high. I have spoken to a friend who said they dreamed even after smoking, so it's interesting to know I'm not the only one who experiences the lack of dreaming after smoking haha.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i made firecrackers with 2-year-old shwag, partly as an experiment to see if the weed had any potency left

and they did. holy shit

i folded some tortilla wraps and filled them with cheese and the end of it looked like a smile so it so i felt really guilty eating such a chill-looking wrap

sorry to be late to the party, but i just got back from a music fest and spent the entire weekend (more or less) on shrooms and/or LSD. oh my god it was absolutely enlightening and one of the most life-changing experiences ever (not just the drugs, but the weekend as a whole). Shrooms are great. Make sure you're in a positive state of mind though or else it could be bad news bears. Maybe keep a friend around to trip sit you and make sure you don't have bad vibes.

also everyone should go to a multi-day outdoor music festival at some point in their life, preferably a small one filled with hippies. it was life-changing, even if you're not into drugs the atmosphere is like no other.

Not to sound like or lame or nothing, but knowledge is the best drug.
Indeed. That's why I'm constantly trying new drugs - To further my knowledge of them.

sorry to be late to the party, but i just got back from a music fest and spent the entire weekend (more or less) on shrooms and/or LSD. oh my god it was absolutely enlightening and one of the most life-changing experiences ever (not just the drugs, but the weekend as a whole). Shrooms are great. Make sure you're in a positive state of mind though or else it could be bad news bears. Maybe keep a friend around to trip sit you and make sure you don't have bad vibes.

also everyone should go to a multi-day outdoor music festival at some point in their life, preferably a small one filled with hippies. it was life-changing, even if you're not into drugs the atmosphere is like no other.
Were you at Ultra?

Last edited by a moderator:

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

psa: dont buy your drugs at these things. a friend of mine died last year after taking hallucinogens someone brewed in their bathtub and sold at the concert. he died from internal hemorraging and seizures while still tripping. honestly, music festivals are a stupid place to be taking drugs because it's a very intense atmosphere with little recourse beyond the silly recovery tents that they have. if my friend had taken the drugs in another environment, he could have made it to a hospital in time. people dehydrate and overhydrate themselves as well, and some even mix liquor into the equation. it's really not a safe or responsible setting to be tripping in, but I do understand the appeal and that it is the most common place to take psychs ("club drugs" is an appropriate label as well since im including the saffrole and mescaline derivatives), but it's fucking stupid and dangerous and yea a lot of people make it out of those okay and buy their drugs there withiut test kits, but some of them don't. I had never expected to read in the news that connor brandon had died from eating too much drugs because he was a boss and he was careful other than a brief mdma binge six months prior to his death. I cant control you or anyone else or wish away the club scene that has cropped up around psychedelics since the 90s, but please consider keeping your tripping to more private, intimate settings and just ripping a joint or something during shows. you'll stay safer and still have a great time !_!

this is turning into a little bit of a rant but im gonna keep going

it's also a waste of psychedelia to squander it staring at bright lights and bump/grinding to some woefully generic bass wub when you could be exploring the vastness of your own mind or the oft-underappreciated vistas of nature. even listening to music on your own where you can sit and think about it rather than mindlessly gyrating to the beat.

all this said, I do wanna trip at Burning Man before I inevitably fry my brain too hard and become an acid casualty, but the environment there is much more harm-reduction conscious than a typical musical festival like bonnaroo or ULTRA and it's really an acid event built from the ground up to support psychedelic use

how much is too much?
ive been going back and forth on it for a while, normally anything other than weed starts to make me paranoid about dependency within a few consecutive days use (read amphetamines, benzos, poppy tea/opis) and stopping is no big deal, but lately ive been doing blow too much for my tastes two or three times a week just because its so low key and freely(ish) available to me, coupled with maybe a day of pills of some kind and a few nights of drinking in a week all mixed with copious amounts of reefer, (dabbed/tincture/flowers/hash) make me feel like although i may not have a problem with any one substance in particular barring prehaps ganja and coke, i have a problem with drugs and alcohol. polysubstance abuse ?

i wish i had a solid k hookup but i know id be pissing in a bag soon if i did.

at the same time, ive been in the studio working my ass off, and seeing the rewards firsthand with my glassblowing skills improving by leaps and bounds, (i study glass at school) however i think im starting to fuck up.

im not sure where im going with this, its probably long and formatted terribly, but i figured i give her an old bumparoo and try to grab some advice from you all about my use if you bothered reading this far, thanks.

v

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if you're an aspiring glassblower you should cut all that shit out except possibly the weed. you work with your hands, lungs, and brain, why jeopardize that with such casual drug abuse? you can still smoke weed, which really ought to be enough for anyone.

but heavy stimulant and opioid abuse can lead to shaky hands, which a glassblower absolutely cannot have if they want to go anywhere in life. your dream and your drugs are irreconiliable and you have to choose one or you will lose both. if you choose another profession you might be able to keep up with your drugs and your work, but if you are passionate about glassblowing I'd recommend that being the only blow in your life

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
if you're an aspiring glassblower you should cut all that shit out except possibly the weed. you work with your hands, lungs, and brain, why jeopardize that with such casual drug abuse? you can still smoke weed, which really ought to be enough for anyone.

but heavy stimulant and opioid abuse can lead to shaky hands, which a glassblower absolutely cannot have if they want to go anywhere in life. your dream and your drugs are irreconiliable and you have to choose one or you will lose both. if you choose another profession you might be able to keep up with your drugs and your work, but if you are passionate about glassblowing I'd recommend that being the only blow in your life
i mean he could blow my cock i wouldnt mind at all

on a more serious note i actually agree with vader.

since last week i've been officialy off meds for either social anxiety or depression. yay. can still take SOS doses of mexazolam

v

tbh idr the circumstances exactly but I dont think these were "unnecessary," tt had some psychological hangups and the drugs may have helped him get thru it. the congrats was more congrats on makin it out okay, less congrats on breakin free from the script life, but yea bein off antidepressents (iirc he had scripts for ssris and benzos at different times, neither are good to get too used to) is good in general

LLS (live life swell)

Ah, sorry for not expressing myself correctly. i meant to say it's nice to feel as if they're unnecessary now and you can move on without them, even if they did help you in the past.

The 3DS XL is any drug user best friend. The stylus is very useful when rolling (To tighten, pack up the joint and push the weed/tobacco) and the surface of the 3DS is smooth and big enough to break and snort some coke on it.

Haven't been around here for a long time. But I'm lonely and drunk again... Anyway what's your opinions/experiences with nutmeg? I'm kind of in the mood for something but the only dealers I know are some black dudes who I haven't spoken 5 sentences in total so I don't really trust them.

Also I've been thinking Vader you're such a drug nazi, but then I read your title and it all makes sense.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm probably not one to talk since all I've done is drink but I've never heard of anybody trying nutmeg and actually enjoying it, and it came up in this thread once or twice (this is my #1 lurk thread)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)