Gen 7 Dual Screen Offense-Featuring Mega-Blastoise

I was battling in Nat Dex for fun and was trying to find a good core. I heard that Mega-Blastoise and Grimsnarl was a great duo.(Note:"was"). When I tried to make a team around it, I found that Mega-Blastoise was banned. So I go, ayyy lets go to Gen 7 OU. Surprisingly, nobody really used this beast and it was in RU. There was huge potential and now its back, behind the glass(lol it looks like glass).

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
This sets up the dual screens. Its fast, and it can decently attack. Electric Surge stops sleep and whatnot from coming so that's a huge plus. One big thing is that it has U-turn or Volt switch. I put U-turn as putting volt switch would mean lack of coverage. With these pivot moves, the sweepers can come in and go cause some havoc. After the glass breaks, put more up with Tapu Koko. Repeat until victory or until Koko dies.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam
This beast was banned from Nat Dex for a reason you know. Its SPAttack is huge with a base 135. Mega Launcher also buffs its many moves like Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, and basically any Pulse move. Shell Smash would be too deadly and would render the screens useless. Hey that might actually work... But anyhoo, this is an absoulute beast with huge firepower.

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Outrage
This is another sweeper. Kommo-o has some bulk and can be abused with Clangorous Soulblaze. That buffs it up so much. Under screens, it becomes almost impossible to kill. After the glass goes, this mon can still sweep as there are Defense boosts on it as well(assuming you got the soulblaze off). The movesets are relatively simple. Close Combat and Outrage for physical stab and earthquake to do stuff and hit a variety of mons, including Mawile, and some other pokemon i don't feel like checking right now.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
Just meant to get some rocks off and pivot. You could lead, set up rocks, then go teleport out into koko for the glass. Thunder wave helps blastoise alot with speed drop. Seismic Toss does reliable damage to it. Softboiled is a choice but you would have to replace t-wave. The 4 moveslots suck lol. Its still bulky and is able to tank some special attacks and can act as a pivot.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Facade
Serves as Ground immunity, Electric immunity, and defogger. Gliscor is a reliable physical wall that can absorb Close Combats and whatnot. Poison Heal is a great ability as it serves as recovery and can switch in to status. Facade helps abuse this ability more and earthquake for stab. It will struggle a bit against Skarmory but you could just bring in Blacephalon.

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Blacephalon is a great pokemon. It has great attack and special attack, enabling it to hit extremely hard. Scarf allows speed control and it can outspeed all the meta, but struggles against opposing scarfers. Heat Wave is to maintain accuracy and power. Shadow Ball for Stab, and Psyshock to hit Chanseys or Specialy Defensive mons who think they can switch in. If its able to get a ko, it can sweep and cause major damage. It excels under screens. Greninja is also a decent screen abuser as well.

Ok thats the team. I'm not sure how good this team is but I'd appreciate some help so if anybody has the time to do that, please do :)

t

I'm ass at this stuff lol, but I suggest maybe a more offensive rocker. Offense relies on momentum, and applying pressure. Chansey isn't used on offense very much since it slows the momentum you have. Maybe make gliscor the rocker, and run the sr u-turn set, to get in your breakers/sweepers in easier. Replace chansey for another breaker that abuses screens, possibly a Bisharp or Serp to stop immediate defog. also your blacephalon can run flame... maybe also trick over psyshock, as trick cripples them much more than a non stab psyshock. Finally, Kommo-o isnt really needed. I'd go lucha, and throw on a Z somewhere else. Finally, tbolt isn't needed on this set, get rid of it for either roost or taunt. Hope this helps!

Navzyx-kun

Banned deucer.
definite changes:
aura sphere > dragon pulse, you alr have ice beam for hitting dragons anyways, and dragon pulse hits only ONE type for SE damage. aura sphere covers normal, dark, steel, ice and rock.

natural cure > healer on chansey, better off 100% chance than 30%

softboiled > teleport on chansey, i don't think you need it

iron head/poison jab > outrage on kommo o, else it'll get walled by fairies.

flamethrower > heat wave on blace, it doesn't miss and 90 BP is still very respectable

not sure changes:
ddance >?< earthquake on kommo o, i guess you could have ddance to amplify it's attack, but earthquake is really good too although you have fighting for steel coverage, can't decide lmao

stealth rock in gliscor instead, rather than facade. however, you have atk evs so idek

with chansey losing stealth rock setter in favor of gliscor, use aromatherapy. who knows kommo o might get a will o wisp from rotom w

Last edited:
I'm ass at this stuff lol, but I suggest maybe a more offensive rocker. Offense relies on momentum, and applying pressure. Chansey isn't used on offense very much since it slows the momentum you have. Maybe make gliscor the rocker, and run the sr u-turn set, to get in your breakers/sweepers in easier. Replace chansey for another breaker that abuses screens, possibly a Bisharp or Serp to stop immediate defog. also your blacephalon can run flame... maybe also trick over psyshock, as trick cripples them much more than a non stab psyshock. Finally, Kommo-o isnt really needed. I'd go lucha, and throw on a Z somewhere else. Finally, tbolt isn't needed on this set, get rid of it for either roost or taunt. Hope this helps!
Yes but I need a defogger if Gliscor is going to be rocker, so I'm not sure what to put there. The other suggestions are very helpful though. Thanks for the advice!
definite changes:
aura sphere > dragon pulse, you alr have ice beam for hitting dragons anyways, and dragon pulse hits only ONE type for SE damage. aura sphere covers normal, dark, steel, ice and rock.

natural cure > healer on chansey, better off 100% chance than 30%

softboiled > teleport on chansey, i don't think you need it

iron head/poison jab > outrage on kommo o, else it'll get walled by fairies.

flamethrower > heat wave on blace, it doesn't miss and 90 BP is still very respectable

not sure changes:
ddance >?< earthquake on kommo o, i guess you could have ddance to amplify it's attack, but earthquake is really good too although you have fighting for steel coverage, can't decide lmao

stealth rock in gliscor instead, rather than facade. however, you have atk evs so idek

with chansey losing stealth rock setter in favor of gliscor, use aromatherapy. who knows kommo o might get a will o wisp from rotom w
yeah I see these things lol thanks for the advice as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)