ORAS OU Dual Weather Balance Peaked #16

Hello everyone. I have decided to make a RMT. It is as sun-sand balance team. The team can stack up spikes and stealth rocks to ware down charizards checks and counters.

(team building process)

I started off with the sun sand core. Charizard y can fire off heavy hits while hippowdon can sponge up physical hits. I choose hippowdon over tyranitar because i wanted the extra bulk.

The hippowdon charizard y core is weak to keldeo. I added slowbro because it checks keldeo and also helps hippowdon with charizard x and talon flame by paralyzing it. Slowbro's scald can burn pokemon on the switch in and cripple physical hitters such as azumarill and scizor. Charizard y is weak to rocks and hippo and slowbro do not appreciate rocks + spikes either so i decided to add a spinner.

Charizard, hippowdon, slowbro, and starmie were all weak to lati@s so I added ferrothorn. However ferrothorn does a lot more for the team than just stopping the lati's. It stacks up layers of spikes, and ferrothorn can heal himself up with leech seed. I picked tornadus because the team was weak to gengar and landorus-i. Tornadus can switch in and out thanks to its ability regenerator.

CLOSER LOOK

Heated (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Charizard is the star of the show. I'm running flamethrower because I'm tired of missing fire blasts. Since I run flamethrower I gave charizard a modest nature so it can hit harder. Charizard is a great pokemon in this meta. It has little that wants to switch into it. I went with focus blast over earthquake to hit chansey and tyranitar for more damage.

Hungry (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 184 HP / 116 Def / 208 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Toxic/ Whirlwind/Stone Edge

Hippowdon brings sand to this team. Hippowdon can stop a number of physical threats such as excadrill, bisharp, and loppuny. Hippowdon has toxic so it can catch pokemon like rotom-w and slowbro on the switch in toxic also allows hippowdon to damage pokemon that have flying type or have the ability levitate. Hippowdon has special def ev's so it can wall thundurus.

Cool Story Bro (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave/Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Slowbro is the glue for this team. He can regenerate his health back up whenever he is swapped out and he can switch into keldeo, lopunny, talonflame, charizard x, and more. Slowbro helps check keldeo which is otherwise a big threat to charizard and hippowdon. Slowbro is running thunder wave over toxic so he can cripple mons like charizard-x when they try to set up on him. Slowbro is running psyshock so it can beat cm keldeo. Psyshock also helps damage mega venusaur on the switch in and hurt conkeldurr, breloom and lopunny.

Hard Headed (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball/Power Whip

Ferrothorn has a great typing. It only has 2 weaknesses. Ferrothorn is the main hazard setter for this team as it sets up spikes and shoots out leech seeds to get chip damage as it heals itself up. Ferrothorn's gyro ball is a strong stab that hits fast mons extremely hard. Ferrothorn is the teams go to mon for pokemon like lati@s.

10 points (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 16 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is the hazard remover. I needed a pokemon that could keep rocks off for charizard-y and keep spikes off. Starmie came to mind as it is one of the most reliable spinners. I'm running toxic to catch slowbro's off guard and to catch bulky pokemon such as cress/alomomola/rotom-w. starmie has enough speed to beat thundurus-t. Starmie's ability allows it to recover on mons that would otherwise trouble it with status such as alomomola. Starmie can also drop these toxics on set up mons like charizard-x.

HappyBirday (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast

Tornadus is a special wall that acts as a double regen core with slowbro. Tornadus was picked because it can beat gengar and landorus-i which otherwise run through this team. It has 76 atk ev so it can always ko gengar after rocks and hp ice is 100% ko on landorus i after stealth rocks.

Conclusion:
Thanks to everyone who took the time to read through this RMT, or the people who skimmed through it just to take the team.

Heated (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Hungry (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 184 HP / 116 Def / 208 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Cool Story Bro (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Hard Headed (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

10 points (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 16 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

HappyBirday (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast

Last edited:
I have seen a few times this Clefable set:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind / Cosmic Power
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

What would you do against it if Clefable is running Cosmic Power instead of CM? Maybe switching Toxic to Roar in Hippo?

I have seen a few times this Clefable set:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind / Cosmic Power
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

What would you do against it if Clefable is running Cosmic Power instead of CM? Maybe switching Toxic to Roar in Hippo?
Dude cosmic power would do jack if it wasn't running CM with it.
On a side note, very cool team. I do have a question though. How do you deal with stall?

Dude cosmic power would do jack if it wasn't running CM with it.
On a side note, very cool team. I do have a question though. How do you deal with stall?
I usually try to stack up spikes/stealth rocks so chansey gets chipped at as it switches in on Charizard and spam toxic till chansey runs out of heal bells.

Hey Mistaken n.n

I notice your team is weak to CM Sableye as well as CM Clefable. I suggest two things that may help with this:

- Give Slowbro CM. With it, Bro can boost alongside Clef and beat it with Psyshock, assuming it is Magic Guard.

- Run Flare Blitz Charizard Y. This lets Zard 2HKO both Sableye and Clefable as well as the counter, Chansey. The recoil damage can be annoying but this is just a suggestion.

I also suggest running Power Whip on Ferrothorn to help vs Gyarados (mega and normal) match-ups, as it can be rather threatening to your team, especially if it's Sub DD.

I hope this helps.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Roost
-Solarbeam
-Earthquake / Focus Blast

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Slack Off
-Psyshock
-Scald

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)