Dugtrio (Psuedo-Analysis) [QC 0/2][GP 0/1]

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]

Being able to trap and secure KOes against various threats to stall such as Heatran and Choice Band Tyranitar were the main reasons Dugtrio was originally OU. With the banning of Arena Trap, Dugtrio is left in a rather unfortunate situation where it was OU by usage but is by no means a viable OU Pokemon. It is outclassed by other Ground-types such as Landorus-T and Excadrill that have options to boost their Attack or Speed with greater efficiency than Dugtrio. While Dugtrio also sports utility moves such as Memento and Stealth Rock, it is severely outdone by Landorus-T as a suicide lead most of the time. Under no circumstances should you use Dugtrio over any other Pokemon in a serious team.

[SET]
name: Don't Use Dugtrio
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Memento
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Toxic / Stone Edge
item: Focus Sash
ability: Sand Veil
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Putting it bluntly - this set is really bad and there aren't many better options for Dugtrio. Stealth Rock, Memento, and Dugtrio's higher Speed give it a smaller niche over a suicide lead such as Uxie to lay Stealth Rock and prevent Defog with Memento. Earthquake is mainly there because it's a STAB option for Dugtrio. Toxic can be an option to cripple Hippowdon and Landorus-T, while Stone Edge catches Flying-type Pokemon such as Zapdos and Mega Charizard Y. The ability chosen doesn't really matter much, though Sand Veil could give Dugtrio a small get out of jail free card when facing against sand.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<Colonel M>, <12650>]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

Last edited:

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I figured it was best to focus on Dugtrio's past on why it was OU instead of trying to find reasons to use it. Open to replacing the set, but honestly I don't think there are really any other viable sets for Dugtrio.

80 Attack even with Sand Force is godawful.

Also do these just need 1/1 QC?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)