Announcement Dynamax is (also) unbanned from SWSH RU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Since the beginning of the generation, RU has never been truly able to play with the generation's defining mechanic, as it was quickly banned from OverUsed and while early RU alpha play was done with the Dynamax button, players were far too honourable to click it knowing the inevitability of the decision. Well, all but one (Feliburn)

Not anymore! Now that the gen has mostly stabilized and that Togekiss is most definitely broken (see poll on this forum), we have decided to look back at one of the best and not controversial decisions of RU's history, the Drought issue from gen 7. If you remember, Drought was kept in the tier following a decision from SM UU to ban the ability and unban Mega-Houndoom, breaking transitivity. While we also said that we would respect this in gen 8, Lilburr also told me recently yo don't and I said yo sure. Therefore, we will judge Dynamax on its own merits and how fun the tier will be with Dynamax Togekiss vs Dynamax Raikou, because, well, that sounds very different from what we have now doesn't it. However, the metagame also has some other fun archetypes, like rain and sun, who should benefit from this decision and hopefully make their place in the metagame as they have been completely set aside from recent tournament play.

Tagging Kris and Marty for this, but Marty pls don't hate me I still want the usage stats pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)