Announcement Dynamax is unbanned from Monotype! [April Fool's]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
The Monotype council has voted to unban Dynamax. Here are the votes:
Attribute: Keep banned
Chaitanya: Unban
Conflux: Keep banned
Decem: Unban
Floss: Unban
Harpp: Unban
Kev: Unban
Ridley: Unban
Zap: Unban

Dynamax is one of the most controversial elements to be ever introduced in competitive Pokemon for a good reason. Last generation, we saw Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves in prominence which both effected the metagame greatly. As the defining mechanic of the current generation we believe that Dynamax should be revisited in the metagame, and we hope to eventually balance it out to the point where SS Monotype can be playable with it just like how SM Monotype was playable with Z-moves and Mega Evolutions.

The first part of what makes Dynamax balanced is that it can be used by both players. If there is a +2 Max Airstream Togekiss on the opposing side of the field, simply Dynamax your own Toxapex, Max Guard a few times, and the threat will be neutralized. Max Airstream Moxie Gyarados with a Dragon Dance under its belt is absolutely no problem when you can just Dynamax your defensive Garchomp, eat a +1 Max Geyser, and Max Lightning it away with Thunder Fang. Much like Z-moves and Mega Evolutions, Dynamax can be customized in order to do different things, which includes checking opposing Dynamax users. Thanks to Ditto, if all else fails, then you as a Monotype player can always resort to becoming a full time Normal main to ensure you will never get swept by a Dynamax user again. It simply is that easy when 3 turns is such a small timeframe in battles which usually take 20+ turns long.

We will be monitoring Dynamax's effect on the metagame in the upcoming days and will be working alongside the community in order to balance the mechanic. For now, Dynamax will be unbanned and usable on the ladder. Tagging Kris to implement. Have fun!

Ok actually these 2 days have been so fucking good. The unban from monotype was actually insane, as dark types will be less prominent now. Along with this, new bulk allows for much more viability, like dual screens mono ice. The genious who comes up with this shit is insane to be honest. Wait dmax ttar NOOOOO, rant time.

Am beyond convinced at this point. After getting completely tooled by scheduling with my opponent changing times on me last minute and refusing to provide confirmation prior to the day of the match as to play times, losing this way somehow felt even worse than I had thought possible. My preparation was superior, my play was superior, and I lost, so I don't see a reason to continue engaging in an activity where what is within my control is overwhelmingly outweighed by what is not.

I am done with competitive Pokemon, and you won't get a fond farewell. This community is infected to its roots with a degenerative disease that grows stronger over time but stops short of killing its host. Tournaments used to have a competitive spirit at their heart, this has been transplanted and replaced with an artificial organ that feeds on vitriol and mockery from insecure little boys that heckle by the sidelines and tear each other to shreds over scraps of attention. The environment we fostered has trapped us all like this in a vicious cycle, and escaping it requires acceptance of the harshest reality we all scramble to explain away, that none of the countless straining efforts we put ourselves through here will ever amount to one single shining glimmer of significance. I would make this the end, but World Cup is still ongoing, and I would never leave so many great friends out to dry, so I'll suffer through a few more games for them.

One last thing before I leave you all to react with disdain, ridicule, and self-righteous fervor, before you do everything in your power to minimize my words and thoughts, box them up and shove them to some cobwebbed corner of your memory, and hope they disappear forever as a stain on your finite time ground to dust. From this moment on, nothing you say matters to me. The foulest insults you hurl with intent to wound will calmly settle at the earth before my feet, and the venom you spit will bring all the pain of a warm summer breeze. You are less than anything you can conceive, while I carry on, brimming with joy distilled from detachment.

Absolutely livid with this decision! How could the council decide to unban such a controversial and overcentralizing mechanic? Like what the hell?
Prominent mons pre-DLC like Togekiss and Gyarados wrecked HAVOC on the metagame and you guys decide to release it back into Montotype?
Really need to reconsider this because the amount of deadly Dynamax user that the metagame has now will just flip the entire script over.
In the middle of MWCOP, too! The SS games are going to be a nightmare to prep and build for. Be considerate of the teams that has to do this!
Like, I would get it if this was being unbanned for a Mono OM like NatDex AFTER MWCOP but my God, this is just a terrible decision by the council.

For what it's worth, it does shake up the metagame significantly, giving a fresh start with so many mons back into the mix to use Dynamax I guess.
On the other hand, this could hurt Monotype as an Official Tier because we're steering away from the very tiering philosophy that we have in place.
Obviously, there has to be a reversal of this decision. The negatives far outweigh the positives of this decision by the council. Please reconsider!
Literally one of the worst decisions the council could have made in recent history for our tier. Maybe we need Eien to come out of retirement.
Such utter incompetence, I'm not sure if I can play this tier anymore and that hurts. It's the main tier I play and it's been absolutely ruined today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)