SS OU DYNAMITE, Zarude + pult core.

Keem

formerly Nezloe
:zarude: DYNAMITE :dragapult:
Hello smogon users,today I'm back with my 2nd rmt and as you can see by the name it is inspired by BTS song known as DYNAMITE
Now before i speak about the team i am NOT a bts fan,this song is just too catchy so I had to make a team with this song, enjoy me blabbering about the build process etc :].

Building Process:
So as you can see the core was dragapult + zarude,i really like this core as it has too wonderful mons and on top of that they both can help each other out with pult being weak to ghost but when you have zarude you can always switch in on a shadow ball while taking a not too little but not too much amount (depending on the mon ofc)
:ss/zarude: :ss/dragapult:

I noticed a couple problems with the core, one its weak to kyurem two weak to fairy and the 2 mons dont really get moves that threaten fairies,you could say specs pult destroys clef but lets be real spdef clef is becoming more common (due to this mon :kyurem:) which makes it even more of a pain to fight because there's always that high chance that your shadow ball doesn't do enough and all it does is allow your opponent to soft boiled up,to solve this cores problem I added scizor the newly added OU mon that came from UU (Congrats scizor) I added this mon because it covers my ice and fairy weakness. Now that I have my kyurem switch in/force switcher I wanted to add another mon that kyurem doesnt like also known as clefable,clefable I used as my stealth rocker and t waver to paralyze threats such as kyurem weavile etc. I really like the idea of adding clef because I have two mons weak to kyurem and if I lose my check/counter aka scizor that can be a huge issue. Next,you can't have a decent team without a defogger and the defogger I went with was corviknight,why? Because this mon has immense bulk allowing it to take hits from urishifu and oh boy give this mon rocky helmet and its moistshifus worst nightmare. Next we have speed control I decided to go with zerora because it doesn't add on to a 2nd poison weakness but if I were to add tapu koko that would give me 3 poison weaknesses not only that but zerora outspeeds MULTIPLE threats/problems like kyurem and weavile and opposing dragapults. Last but not least we add bulk, i didnt know would look good so I added tapu fini (do not worry I realized later on this adds on to my poison problem and kyurem problem) I'm not too sure why I added fini since this was a couple weeks ago that I made this team but at the time i think I added it as a weavile switch in which makes sense due to my ice weakness problem of 2 mons. ( Near the end of the rmt you will see why I listed 7 mons,zarude,pult,clef,sciz,zera,corv and fini.)

Movesets/spreads:
:zarude:

IN THE STARS (Zarude) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Power Whip
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat
I decided to go with scarf zarude as a fast I can usr it as a fast pivot mon and to surprise kill weaviles and pulls.

:dragapult:
BRING A FRIEND (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball
Specs pult. Pretty self explanatory. You click shadow ball and do 1 million damage,all jokes aside this mon jist like zerora keeps the speed and offense.

:scizor:
SHOES ON (Scizor) @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 172 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
I decided to go with the classic Tyson set because I heard its the best for taking ice beams kyurem and offense only diffrnece is the nature so I can take give beams without it doing too much.

:clefable:

TALK THE TALK (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
Went with twave so I can para threats and since I dont have a mon that can set up hazards I made clef my hazard user,giving this thing twave only makes it more annoying to deal with,Idk about you but if in an opposing dragapult id hate getting paralyzed by clef.

:corviknight:
Dy-na-na (Corviknight) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Body Press
U turn pivot. Body press stupid midget weavile. I gave corv shed she'll to prevent it from getting trapped by magnezone so I can defog safely overall this mons role is defog,get out and if there's weavile KILL IT.

:zerora:
UP LIKE DYNAMITE (Zeraora) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
Speed control,already explained :) but I'll explain further even tho I stated in team building process, this mon is used to keep the speed and threaten weavile with a close combat.

QUESTIONS YOURE PROB ASKING:
1. Why did I mention fini?
I mentioned fini because I have made several variants of the team with different moves and over time I have made edits or new teams,fini was ORGINALLY in clefables place but then freeze dry became a problem. (Dw I will leave pokepaste)
2. Why mention weavile so much? I mentioned weavile a lot because I have 2 mons weak to it and yes i do know I have 2 mons faster than it so I shouldn't worry,right? Long story short I got 4 games in a row vs scarf weavile before OLT..

Anyway Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this,i hope you like the team and If you have suggestions pls leave them down below!

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1378848671

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1378854507

Teams: https://pokepast.es/edf98da89745980a

https://pokepast.es/ae28e03914065357

Stan Jimmin.

Last edited:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey Nezloe, hope you are doing good. I’m here to rate your team and suggest changes to improve it.

Choice Scarf Zarude :zarude: is an interesting idea and I think that this Pokemon can put some work in OU. Dragapult :dragapult: is a good offensive partner and they both form a nice offensive core with a lot of Speed Control. However, I don’t like adding Zeraora :zeraora: here, as Zeraora’s main purpose is to bring Speed to an offensive core that lacks Speed and it’s clearly not the case here. You can go for a more powerful breaker in this slot or something that brings more defensive utility. As for your defensive core, I think you have too much special walls and not much answer to most physical breakers. For instance Urshifu-R :urshifu-rapid-strike: smacks this core and Kartana :kartana: can be painful to deal with without enough Def investment on Corviknight :corviknight:. Bisharp :bisharp: can also overwhelm this Corviknigth with Rocks.

Thus, I think there’s not much to change here and you should mainly rework a bit the defensive core and replace Zeraora. Let’s dive into the changes!

Major Changes

:clefable: -> :toxapex:: Having already Scizor :scizor: as a special wall, I don’t think you need a full SpD Clefable. You are way too weak to some very common physical breakers like Urshifu-R :urshifu-rapid-strike: and Toxapex would have way more utility here. I know that Scizor can’t really switch into Dragapult :dragapult: as you fear Flamethrower, but with some SpD investment Toxapex is able to switch on Dragapult and see what move it locks itself on. You can try a Toxic Spikes variant of Toxapex as Dragapult and Zarude force a lot of switches. Here is the set:

toxapex.gif

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes / Knock Off (with different IVs and Nature)

:zeraora: -> :landorus-therian:: As I said it in the intro, Zeraora’s main purpose is to bring Speed and you don’t need that here. I would rather have a Ground type here as an Electric immunity able to beat other Zeraora for Toxapex and Corviknight and able to setup Stealth Rock as I replaced Clefable. Landorus-T :landorus-therian: seems to be the Pokemon of choice here, bringing a lot of defensive utility in this team and providing another slow pivot for your two main breakers. Garchomp :garchomp: could be a more offensive pick if you want. Here is the Landorus-T set I would use:

landorus-therian.gif

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Minor Changes

:corviknight:: This moveset is fine, but I still think you need to change three things here. First, Pressure is overall a better ability than Mirror Armor, being able to PP stall some low PP moves is huge and Mirror Armor doesn’t help most of the time, as, expect from maybe Intimidation from Landorus-T :landorus-therian:, you won’t get stats drop is the whole match. It can maybe help to prevent SpD drops from Shadow Ball, but Corviknight isn’t a great switch in to Dragapult :dragapult: anyway because of Flamethrower. Second thing to change is the item. I don’t like Shed Shell because Magnezone :magnezone: main partners are Kartana :kartana:, Rillaboom :rillaboom: and Landorus-T :landorus-therian: and you will have to switch your Corviknight on them and you will get eventually Knocked Off. I feel like Leftovers bring more utility overall and is a better choice here. Lastly, you should just change the spread to the classic Smogon spread with 88 SpD as the extra SpD is not useful and you rather have more Def to handle threats like Garchomp :garchomp: and Kartana :kartana: Here is the set:
corviknight.gif

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

:zarude:: Why would you play Zarude when you can play Zarude-Dada ?!? Jokes aside, I though about an Adamant nature here instead of Jolly and looking at the Speed Tier compendium you don’t outspeed much things with Jolly. However, you can outspeed Adamant Cloyster :cloyster: at +2 and everyone hate Cloyster so I guess Jolly is fine.

And that’s all for the changes, here is the past with the new team, feel free to try it out:

Zarude-Dada @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Power Whip
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

I did some battles between 1600 and 1700 on the ladder, and I found this team rather solid, here are the replays so it can give you an example of how you can play this:

Against a scary Hyper Offense:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1379272434

Against a Rain team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1379275564-gubnqizat36u3xuzo486519uszo978gpw

Against a more Balance kind of team with Kyurem and Regieleki:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1379278626-s24s3zov2ztyuc09s6wt8xlxx4xkwi3pw

Hope this was helpful, have a nice day!

Edit: To answer your questions about Corviknight, 88 SpD is for Tapu Lele (without Thunderbolt) as this Pokemon can be annoying for your team. Leftovers helps a lot, especially when you’re forced to switch in while Rocks are up as it helps to avoid being cheaped too much by Rock damages + U-turn ones.

My point about Shed Shell is that, Magnezone is not that common and most of the time it is used with Knock Off users anyway. These Knock Off users (Landorus-T, Kartana, Rillaboom…) force you to use Corviknight at some point and even if you can’t be trapped at the beginning of the game, you will eventually have to come on a Knock Off and lose your Shed Shell. Sure Shed Shell can help a lot against cores like Magnezone + Melmetal or Magnezone + Garchomp but I think it’s too niche over Leftovers.

Last edited:

Keem

formerly Nezloe
Hey Nezloe, hope you are doing good. I’m here to rate your team and suggest changes to improve it.

Choice Scarf Zarude :zarude: is an interesting idea and I think that this Pokemon can put some work in OU. Dragapult :dragapult: is a good offensive partner and they both form a nice offensive core with a lot of Speed Control. However, I don’t like adding Zeraora :zeraora: here, as Zeraora’s main purpose is to bring Speed to an offensive core that lacks Speed and it’s clearly not the case here. You can go for a more powerful breaker in this slot or something that brings more defensive utility. As for your defensive core, I think you have too much special walls and not much answer to most physical breakers. For instance Urshifu-R :urshifu-rapid-strike: smacks this core and Kartana :kartana: can be painful to deal with without enough Def investment on Corviknight :corviknight:. Bisharp :bisharp: can also overwhelm this Corviknigth with Rocks.

Thus, I think there’s not much to change here and you should mainly rework a bit the defensive core and replace Zeraora. Let’s dive into the changes!

Major Changes

:clefable: -> :toxapex:: Having already Scizor :scizor: as a special wall, I don’t think you need a full SpD Clefable. You are way too weak to some very common physical breakers like Urshifu-R :urshifu-rapid-strike: and Toxapex would have way more utility here. I know that Scizor can’t really switch into Dragapult :dragapult: as you fear Flamethrower, but with some SpD investment Toxapex is able to switch on Dragapult and see what move it locks itself on. You can try a Toxic Spikes variant of Toxapex as Dragapult and Zarude force a lot of switches. Here is the set:

View attachment 359481
Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes / Knock Off (with different IVs and Nature)

:zeraora: -> :landorus-therian:: As I said it in the intro, Zeraora’s main purpose is to bring Speed and you don’t need that here. I would rather have a Ground type here as an Electric immunity able to beat other Zeraora for Toxapex and Corviknight and able to setup Stealth Rock as I replaced Clefable. Landorus-T :landorus-therian: seems to be the Pokemon of choice here, bringing a lot of defensive utility in this team and providing another slow pivot for your two main breakers. Garchomp :garchomp: could be a more offensive pick if you want. Here is the Landorus-T set I would use:

View attachment 359482
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Minor Changes

:corviknight:: This moveset is fine, but I still think you need to change three things here. First, Pressure is overall a better ability than Mirror Armor, being able to PP stall some low PP moves is huge and Mirror Armor doesn’t help most of the time, as, expect from maybe Intimidation from Landorus-T :landorus-therian:, you won’t get stats drop is the whole match. It can maybe help to prevent SpD drops from Shadow Ball, but Corviknight isn’t a great switch in to Dragapult :dragapult: anyway because of Flamethrower. Second thing to change is the item. I don’t like Shed Shell because Magnezone :magnezone: main partners are Kartana :kartana:, Rillaboom :rillaboom: and Landorus-T :landorus-therian: and you will have to switch your Corviknight on them and you will get eventually Knocked Off. I feel like Leftovers bring more utility overall and is a better choice here. Lastly, you should just change the spread to the classic Smogon spread with 88 SpD as the extra SpD is not useful and you rather have more Def to handle threats like Garchomp :garchomp: and Kartana :kartana: Here is the set:
View attachment 359483
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

:zarude:: Why would you play Zarude when you can play Zarude-Dada ?!? Jokes aside, I though about an Adamant nature here instead of Jolly and looking at the Speed Tier compendium you don’t outspeed much things with Jolly. However, you can outspeed Adamant Cloyster :cloyster: at +2 and everyone hate Cloyster so I guess Jolly is fine.

And that’s all for the changes, here is the past with the new team, feel free to try it out:

Zarude-Dada @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Power Whip
- Close Combat
- Darkest Lariat

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

I did some battles between 1600 and 1700 on the ladder, and I found this team rather solid, here are the replays so it can give you an example of how you can play this:

Against a scary Hyper Offense:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1379272434

Against a Rain team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1379275564-gubnqizat36u3xuzo486519uszo978gpw

Against a more Balance kind of team with Kyurem and Regieleki:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1379278626-s24s3zov2ztyuc09s6wt8xlxx4xkwi3pw

Hope this was helpful, have a nice day!
Ay nice to see you,I'm doing fine btw and I can see that you gave some suggestions and i really like then and don't worry I will try them I just have a few things in iffy/some questions on. One,changing corv to lefties and not keeping shed shell,corv is the #1 mon in my teambuilder and I feel iffy changing it to shed shell so since I rarely use lefties corv would so would me getting trapped by zone be on me or situation dependent (sorry if stupid question its just that I hardly use lefties or anything not shed shell) Also im assuming the 88spdef is for taking a tbolt from zone and other strong special moves? Anyway thanks for the advice and I will try the lovely new team:swole:

(Also im assuming me getting trapped by zone is more situation dependent since my team isnt really weak to hazards)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)