XY LC ElectricWeb Army(A Playstyle Tutorial)

Introduction

Hey Frens J, Its me Brazilian Army, first time on RMT with a core that make me to top 10 twice in LC and is a really really REALLY effective way of using web offense, that core is Surkist + Elekid, a really underrated core that pressure near the entire meta offensivelly if you give the right support and play it smart, this time i will show you guys a full tutorial of how to use this amazing core.

The Team Structure

1. The Web Leader :

Surskit : is the only option here as the other web options are slower and don't have the offensive pressure this guy has with a cool movepool. It carries Scald, Hydropump(don't use this if you get haxed easy like me), Icebeam, Signal beam and many other options.

Obs 1 : Protect is not obligatory, but its also really useful against annoying fakeout users so using a slot to protect in my opinion is really interesting.

Obs 2: Dont always use it as suicide lead sometimes you will need webs mid-game.

Evandro (Surskit) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Protect
- Scald
- Ice Beam

2. The Electric mother fucker dude

Elekid:When I started to build Web teams All my teams had a common problem, fast special attackers like Gastly or Abra (You can't rely too much that your webs will always be up because defog and rapid spin are both pretty common in LC. Sometimes you will lose your web so a 20 speed mon is really really necessary to keep momentum and work. Thank god that mon exists and it is called elekid(the other option was Diglett that is unable to trap Gastly and doesn't have access to volturn moves) so the choice was obvious, standard LO Elekid. It can be used as physical or Special depending on how you feel about that. To be honest I really prefer special, for 2 reasons:

1. Most of the mons you will be using on this team will be physical mons

2. Volt switch gets more damage

OBS: Remember to reduce the HP to Life Orb number

Hugo (Elekid)
@ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 240 SpA / 32 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA --
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
- Psychic
Hidden Power [Grass]

- Hidden Power [Grass]/Hidden Power [Ground][depends on how you finish I personally prefer HP Grass Cause Drillbur is annoying as fuck for this team]

3.The Best Friend and Worst Enemy on the same mon:

1. Pawniard :Believe me fren, it is possible, that mon is Pawniard, its punishes defoggers really hard which can make your hazard stay for the entire match but defiant makes it possible that your webs will be used against you, giving opposing Pawniard a defiant boost, turning the best pokemon in LC into a mon that can sweep your entire strategy easily like there's is no tomorrow. Back to how it can benefit you, it also can setup Stealth rocks if your team strategy needs it:

Filipe (Pawniard)
@ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature -
Stealth Rock -
Knock Off -
Iron Head -
Sucker Punch

4. The Worst enemy check

Obviously that you cant just lay in your bed and see Pawniard breaks your team one by one , so you need something that can deal with it and that mon is obviously a Bulk fighting type for this one a choose was

Mienfoo: and for good reasons it forms a great Knock off core with Pawniard and volturn core with Elekid, also taunt foo can also break hazard mons and is a great alternative lead over Surskit if you need. Its regenerator is also really really great on this.

Paulo (Mienfoo)
@ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5 EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature -
Taunt -
U-turn -
Drain Punch/High Jump Kick -
Knock Off

Obs 1 : I really prefer Drain punch>>> High jump kick here, the reason been is because Drain Punch get most of the K.O. we want and can use better regenerator, as u need to keep mienfoo as healthy as possible on that

Honorable mention for that spot: Timburr(Can absorb status what is nice for your to keep some of your hard hitter mons healthy) Croagunk( any set special or physical as drain punch on physical set is better on keeping croagunk healthy for the worst enemy also)Scraggy(I dont think its work well on that spot but can also be usable and can check the rare Psyco-cut Pawniard)

5 .Web Abooser:

A Lot of mons can be used on that spot, even the mentioned Pawniard and Mienfoo(both can be used with LO)but if u decided to use something like that better use something for SR and a secondary check for Bird and Pawniard respectively. I use on that spot:

Cranidos as it can check birds aggressive and its Sheer force make it one of the top web aboosers with a huge movepool with a hell of a lot of Options on its offensive movepool,really cool

Elliot (Cranidos)
@ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 Def / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide/Head Smash -
Earthquake(Chinchou is annoying) -
Superpower(Scraggy is annoying)/Fire Fang(Ferroseed is annoying -
Zen Headbutt(If you dont feel confortable about fighting mons but its is repleaceble be creative)

Honorable mentions: A lot of pokemons can be on that spot as Honorable mentions most of 14+ speed mons can be on that spot specially Bunnelby(it is a really Strong LO user and one that i like the most) Drilbur(It have a ton of utility rapid spin if you feel that it is important and can be used with or without LO) Gastly(18 speed huge special attack and spin block capability)Abra(that one is one that i dont like,but it is strong and can be used with Sash and LO) Scraggy( I like that kid and its also carries intimidate and shed skin both very useful)Archen( Its really usefull really strong and can help a hell of a lot vs Bird even and can be used as long with LO Pawniard been the Stealth Rocks Support)Life Orb Mienfoo and Pawniard(nothing more to explain)

6. Spin Blocker/Support/Threat check(dont lose your monmentum too much here)

Some of that teams are really weak to Drilbur, some to fighting bullshit mons, some to bird, some wants Just want to keep the pressure you need to win matchs, so the goal of that is to finish a team, if you need a spin blocker(it is not always needed but it is also really good to have on offensive web teams) for this team I decided not to use a spinner because Status give me a really hard time so I pick :

Snubbull is one mon that I think is interesting to that spot, twave + heal bell support and check annoying fighting mons as well and keeps my offensive pressure with intimidate

Bruno (Snubbull)
@ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 5 EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake/Fire Punch/Superpower(depends on the coverage you wants) -
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Honorable Mention: Gastly( no need to keep talking here the best offensive ghost in the meta since Missy got banned)Pumpkaboo( Checks drilburr and spins but you lost monmentum )Cottone (helps with setup mons what can be nice and checks drilbur except poison jab variants)Frillish(one that I have used over Snubbull sometimes as my team can easily revenge fighting mons and it can revenge drillburr back)Golett(recommend by fren Kingmidas, I have been using it a lot with as much success as Snubbull)

Conclusion:

Hope you guys enjoy and use a lot of Electricweb in the future and have fun and success as much as I have with that playstyle, I wanna see the ladder with a ton of that teams, feel free to suggest any “Honorable Mention” that I forget as I have used this team with a ton of variations

Shootouts:
title] First my portuguese team friends zdrup15 Havor Zxut DD. Destiny Device for been awesome friends especially my captain zdrup for still believing me even with an 0-4 Record, LC room friends Eren Yeagar Fran17 Tricking (that one for being like my rival since Indigo era, and yeah i decided in part to made this one because I dont want to lose to you fren :)) @GlassGlaceon(for being a good player) and many other, and my frens Corporal Levi for the patience on always fixing my evs and movepools and Obvious Power for supporting me and help with a hell of a lot of stuff

Importable

Pedro (Surskit) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Protect
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Hugo (Elekid) @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 240 SpA / 32 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Elliot (Cranidos) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 Atk / 60 Def / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Filipe (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Paulo (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Bruno (Snubbull) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave[/U][/U]

Add XY Tour replays with alternative version(played it bad as fuck) :

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-174988812
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-175207504

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)