Salamence @ Electrium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thunder Fang
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

This Set i felt was interesting to play with on the ladder, as The Gigavolt Havoc is highly unpredictable typical situations salamence lets in Tapu Fini, and Toxapex which can be chipped with Earthquake and dragon claw for Toxapex even rocks is enough chip so If Tapu Fini gets predicted and your salamence goes +1 you are Killing a Tapu Fini which is otherwise a solid counter to salamence. If they live these hits, earthquake should be enough to get the damage.
~Calcs~
+1 252 Atk Salamence Gigavolt Havoc (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 304-358 (88.6 - 104.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252 Atk Salamence Gigavolt Havoc (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 136-160 (39.6 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Salamence Gigavolt Havoc (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 204-240 (59.4 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Salamence Gigavolt Havoc (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex: 146-174 (48 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+1 252 Atk Salamence Gigavolt Havoc (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex: 218-258 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Salamence Gigavolt Havoc (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex: 146-174 (48 - 57.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery.

Zerochan (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head
-Sucker Punch
I wanted something that synergies well with Salamence, Mega Mawile fit that role for me. Salamence being weak to Ice types, Fairy Types, Rock Types, and opposing dragon types and mega mawile resisting all of these times, and being a MEAN offensive sweeper in the Tier and can deal with things that counter salamence. At this point in the process my team was looking awfully weak to Landorus- Therian With HP ice So i did some thinking and came up with this..

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Lax Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Canon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm

Heatran is not a pokemon you see in the OU tier very often being very weak to double dance Landorus T, Pheromosa, Mega Metagross with EQ/ Hammer Arm coverage, And Greninja, some of the main threats currently in the OU tier. Shuca berry Heatran deals a lot of Damage to landorus with the 4X effective HP ice , and The shuca berry allows Heatran to live one unboosted Earthquake and Do a lot of damage with HP ice.
~Calcs~
8 SpA Heatran Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 256-304 (67 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Shuca Berry Heatran: 206-246 (53.5 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
8 SpA Heatran Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 264-312 (82.7 - 97.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Shuca Berry Heatran: 270-318 (70.1 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 16 SpA / 24 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

At this point I was Lacking a entry Hazard setter, So i thought of Landorus T, As it's intimidate ability allows it to Check mega metagross after it has mega evolved and chip metagross with the rocky Helmet. Ice Punch at -1 does 64.9 - 76.4% To physically defensive landorus, and between helmet damage and rocks if Landorus previously set them up Landorus will pick up the Kill with earthquake.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Surf

Here i opted for specially defensive Tapu fini to provide Synergy with Landorus, SpD Tapu fini is able to switch into opposing Tapu Finis Able to live one solar beam from charizard Y 54.3 - 64.4% is the calc of Timid solar beam. and chip it Heavily with Nature's Madness which is heavily reliable for chipping mega metagross, toxapex, and Tangrowth which are all able to check Tapu Fini, And AV tangrowth being a excellent response to Tapu Fini.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psychic
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
I needed something for late game on this team, I opted for Hoopa Unbound because it is breaking things like Zygarde, Toxapex, Marowak on Greninja.

I opted to run Psychic over Zen Headbutt to ensure Toxapex can be KOd and dealt with without it Setting up Toxics, Toxic Spikes, and be a nuisance even with Tapu Fini being on the team I just wanted to have something additional to deal with it, and also deal with Garchomp which Tapu Fini is unable to counter because of Poison Jab garchomp and possible Poisonium Z, I wanted to be safe

4 SpA Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Toxapex: 224-266 (73.6 - 87.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Hoopa-Unbound Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex: 168-198 (55.2 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

The difference in damage is why i Opted to run Psychic over Zen Headbutt On Hoopa as I do not want to risk burns on Hoopa as it renders the mon useless

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello AmazingMo ! This is an interesting team, but I feel that it can have some tweaks. I'll firstly go over any possible moveset changes, and change any Pokémon if needed.

Your main reason for using Electrium Z on Salamence is to take on Tapu Fini and Toxapex, in other words, bulky waters. You say Fini is a solid counter to Salamence, and imply that it's otherwise walled without it. However, Supersonic Skystrike does even more damage, and has greater damage than Gigavolt Havoc, especially vs. those bulky waters. (120 x 2) < (175 x 1.5)
+1 252 Atk Salamence Gigavolt Havoc (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 304-358 (88.6 - 104.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+1 252 Atk Salamence Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Tapu Fini: 331-390 (96.5 - 113.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+1 252 Atk Salamence Gigavolt Havoc (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex: 218-258 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+1 252 Atk Salamence Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex: 238-282 (78.2 - 92.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Basically, the message is that Electrium Z is practically useless on Salamence. It's only true niche is Supersonic Skystrike, and Gigavolt Havoc only hits Skarmory and Celesteela, but you should have Pokémon that can eliminate those if you're using Salamence anyways.
Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Great choice with the Thunder Punch on this set, it helps Mega Salamence since it baits in Toxapex, Celesteela and Skarmory for it. However, you're going to want Play Rough over Iron Head. It offers much more coverage in this tier, and of course, is stronger. Your EVs could also use some work. Thunder Punch is virtually useless since Skarmory will be able to switch in and Roost stall (physically defensive variants). Try 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe Adamant Nature, because it outspeeds those no investment base 70 speed Pokémon like Skarmory and below.
Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch

I personally don't agree with Shuca Berry on Heatran for this team. You have Tapu Fini and your own Landorus-Therian as decent enough answers to opposing Lando-t! Try Leftovers, as it gives Heatran that extra needed longevity. The EV spread in particular can also be tweaked to 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe Timid Nature. Your moveset is interesting indeed. Hidden Power Ice isn't really necessary because you, again, have those counters, and Lava Plume has enough defensive potential vs. Landorus being able to burn. Flash Cannon and Magma Storm aren't needed, either. After all, this is a more bulky moveset and you already have Lava Plume now. Try Taunt and Toxic, and you can keep Earth Power.
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power

You're going to want Taunt on Fini to make it so that defensive Pokémon like Skarmory or Chansey don't have the chance to get up hazards, heal, etc. Put it over Surf. Also, try it this spread: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe. It's explained here.
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

All you really need is Drain Punch over Ice Punch. It's not really useful on practice, though it sounds decent enough on paper. Psychic hits the bulkier Grounds a lot harder than you may think.
4 SpA Hoopa-Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Landorus-Therian: 181-214 (47.3 - 56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252 Atk Hoopa-Unbound Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Landorus-Therian: 204-244 (53.4 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

--

Consider
>
to better deal with steels that annoy Skarmory. Try an Assault Vest set to survive a Focus Blast from Lele and Mega-Zam and retaliate, while still trapping and getting off meaningful damage vs. Landorus. This will all tremendously assist Salamence. It also forms a VoltTurn core with Landorus-Therian. EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe Modest Nature.

That is all! Neat team. Hope I helped, but if not, oh well. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)