Emerald Battle Frontier help please

Hi and thank you for taking the time to read this

So here's the deal: I've recently found my old GBA SP with pokemon Emerald cartridge. And it seemed like a cool idea to beat the Battle Frontier.
However most team guides refer to pokemon that aren't obtainable with this game alone like Suicune, Blissey and Alakazam, they require trading and that's something I can't do since I only have one working GBA. And I'm the eldest among my friends so the others only have gen IV games and up. Some of the pokemon that seem like good picks to me are:

Salamence
Heracross
Metagross
Slaking
Gardevoir
Starmie
Breloom
Shedinja

That problem aside I am willing to put a lot of effort in, my dumb younger self used the EQ TM on a playthrough pokemon so I'm currently using lvl 91 Linoones to grind for it with the pickup ability. However my dumb younger self also already used the Brick Break TM and you can't get another one of those as far as I know. Also I've picked Latias instead of Latios and only later found out that Latios is more useful in the BF.

I'd rather not start a new game because I have over 240 hours in this save file and it took me a lot of time to get the symbol at the Battle Factory. (Yes I already have that one since it doesn't require an EV trained team)

So yeah, no RNG abusing since it's an OG cartridge, no Gameshark cause I don't have one of those, I do know how to do the cloning glitch in the Battle Tower, I used that to clone the Linoone a few times to hopefully get EQ faster. Which pokemon should I start breeding and training?

Thanks again for reading, any help is appreciated but please keep it at least civil-ish

Remember that you can clone items in the battle tower too, so mts and master ball can be cloned just equiping in the cloned pokémon (you can even clone only items if you know how to do that).
RNG is easy to understand in Emerald. See this link, for example:

https://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/emerald_rng_part2

If you ON your game and click "A" in the legends such as rayquaza, groudon or regirock at the second 38, 30 you can obtain a adamant rayquaza with this ivs:

HP 27
ATk 25
Def 29
Satk 11 (you don't need)
SDef 28
Speed 31

That's just an example. You don't need hacks or something like that. Just soft reset and try to see with the RNG help. Download and the see what ivs you obtain and calculated the time you need with a chronometer.

You need good ivs in your mons. Other option is using counterteams against your oponents (shedinja autowins against tucker in gold symbol, for example). But if you're good you don't need to make a counterteam.

Other useful link:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/emerald-battle-frontier-guide-please-help-developing.3579762/

Remember that you can clone items in the battle tower too, so mts and master ball can be cloned just equiping in the cloned pokémon (you can even clone only items if you know how to do that).
I know that now, but I wish I had known it back in the day too... :s

I've already caught the legendary trio's in the game and the weather trio (Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre) aren't allowed in the Battle Frontier anyway so I just went with the IV's I got on the first try

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)