- bite
- swift
- faint attack

lv 22 combusken (forgot to nickname)
- flame wheel
- double kick
- peck
- seismic toss

fodder: makuhita (thiccums) and nosepass (noel)

tough as battle. i thought i might be overleveled but no. not at all. roxanne leads with nosepass which lord helix ohkos with bubblebeam (super lucky and got modest nature). in comes anorith...i take a brick break for good damage and ko with bubblebeam. in comes lileep...not wanting to risk a-beam not ohkoing and dying to giga drain i switch to combusken which ohkos with double kick. in comes relicanth i switch to weepinbell as it amnesias but it doesnt matter and i ohko with vine whip. lunatone is next..i vine whip knowing i can live confusion but it hypnosis's AND MISSES so i kill it next turn.

super easy right? well then comes shuckle. fuck, i cant touch it with weepinbell so i go back to omanyte to ohko with bubblebeam but it sets up sunny day. i bubblebeam but it only does 1/3 and it toxics. i rock tomb to see if that does more but it does nothing as it rollouts and heals back to full with its berry. i have to switch to noel the nosepass and i twave the shuckle before eventually dying to rollout. eventually sun is down and i bring back in omanyte...i bubblebeam but it doesnt ko BUT SHUCKLE FULLY PARAS. not sure if i could have survived a round 2 rollout as i was left at 12 hp after toxic (I assume i could) but i bubblebeam for the ko and my first gym badge.

even with my high levels and type advantage i was probably going to be in trouble if lunatone hit hypnosis. i got lucky but claimed my first badge. this game is not easy though. i know it only gets harder but i feel confident taking on brawley...i got sludge bomb on weepinbell after the battle and feel like ill win with sludge bomb spam

Brawley
--

i end up losing meowth to May. that was annoying. Then i lose my dang weepinbel (which i expected to carry me through the fighting gym) to an aqua grunt on dewford. son of a bitch. i catch a machop in the grass and decide to raise it up with a ton of grinding in the whismur cave. after sufficient grinding and seismic tossing to avoid losing to the wobbuffets in the cave i face brawley with this team:

Combusken Lv 30
- Aerial Ace
- Flame Wheel
- Double Kick
- Seismic Toss

Machoke Lv 30 @Chesto Berry
- Karate Chop
- Revenge
- Headbutt
- Seismic Toss

Omanyte Lv 30
- Bubblebeam
- Rock Slide
- Aurora Beam
- Bite

filler mons including caterpie i caught on first route.

combusken trades back and forth with hitmontop, surprisingly taking a lot of damage despite being 14 levels higher. in comes poliwrath, the mon i was most afraid of and the reason i trained so much. i sent caterpie as a sacrifice and then went to machoke. a headbutt flinch and karate chop didnt finish it but i brought chesto for hypnosis. he mustve known and used water pulse but i didnt get confused and koed with the next karate chop. in comes hitmonlee. it crits rolling kick and i ko back with revenge. chan next, it facades but i again kill with revenge. low on health, i switch out of meditite to omanyte on the fake out and then ohko with bubblebeam. finally in comes hariyama, i switch back to combusken on fake out and then use 2 aerial aces to kill it. im not sure what it used after fake out but it wasnt enough.

truthfully i see the run ending soon. its a bitch to grind and im not going to use the daycare. but i imagine watson's team is going to wreck me unless i catch some good pokemon soon. though i plan on evolving to blaizken before the watson fight, i think his team will be too tough as most are fully evolved mons with good coverage and strong electric attacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)