Policy Review Enabling Likes in the CAP Metagame Subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by Birkal

It's all in the title!

Likes have been disabled in the CAP Metagame subforum for quite some time now, and the general consensus I've gathered from PS! and others that frequently post in the subforum is that they should be added back. The way I see it, this subforum really isn't much different from other subforums that focus on competitive discussion; likes are a simple way of telling someone "Hey, great post!" when they post something thoughtful in the viability rankings, write a particularly detailed analysis, submit a good sample team... you get the idea.

So, I'm going to keep this thread short and start off with a single proposal - Enable likes in the CAP Metagame subforum.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have both literally liked the OP and I am posting this to confirm support of the same.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yeah there's no reason there shouldn't be likes in the CAP subforum. It's a metagame forum like any other. Not sure why it hasn't had it other than no one ever formally asking for them.

It's a metagame forum, so I really think they should at least be allowed for the CAP meta. Likes really work for those who don't have much to contribute.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Quite frankly I don't see why a PR thread is needed to restore something that was unjustly taken away. Taking away likes from the meta subforum was never supposed to have happened.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is not a policy issue, in terms of opposition by me or anyone else, afaik. This has been a technical issue with figuring out how to pull it off properly in the ACP, and it has not been straightforward, because of how the CAP Meta subforum is set up. The CAP Meta subforum is not like most Smogon subforums, and it cannot be simply edited to be like the other subforums. And since it is a special kind of subforum, it does not allow certain override permissions to be applied to it -- or at least that is my theory. I don't know the exact reason my attempts to enable likes all fail on the CAP Meta subforum, but that is my current guess. I have tried to dig deeper into the reasons and possible solutions, but it's not easy to do, and there is almost no documentation or help out there on the subject.

Everyone who has asked me about this, I have told them about the problem. Maybe I should post a big announcement thread in the CAP meta subforum that says -- I WOULD LOVE TO ENABLE LIKES, BUT IT'S NOT WORKING PROPERLY -- but that seems pretty obnoxious imo. Regardless, we don't need a policy discussion on this issue, since there is nothing to debate on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)