Envincibile Armada [Peaked#1]

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Prologue

I Hated rain teams since Bw1, that's because they usually were "Cheap" and every Scald burned me. With BW2 the music has not changed, and the rain teams still characterize most of the metagame. Thus, I decided to build one, one that was not too offensive and brought my signature in terms of playstyle. My eye falls on a pokemon very underrated in bw1, but thanks to the new moves it created a space in the new metagame, while remaining a borderline threat. The team immediately worked, and in a short time (2 or 3 days) I reached the top of the OU ladder on Pokemon Online Server under the nick Envincibile Armada http://imgur.com/2W1IQ ). Let's get down to the team.

Building Phase

The idea was to do a BulkyOffense team, a playstyle that is very useful and versatile against a metagame that lends itself to offensive. So I decided to start around Kyurem and I immediately brought 2 pokemon, a spinner that would cover some weakness and a setter of rocks, the first is Tentacruel, which covers the weakness to Steel/Fight and at the same time check Toxic Spikes, while as setter I chose Ferrothorn to cover the weakness to Dragon.

But these three pokemon do not show themselves as offensive, and a simple Breloom, now everywhere, could beat all three, so I decided to use Tornadus-T, who can talk with the set sleep to not let me play 5vs6 and at the same time gives some of the momentum an offensive team has.​

Well, the pokemon that fits perfectly in here is definitely Politoed, which maximizes the use of all my pokemon, it helps ferrothorn and its weakness to fire, takes full advantage of the ability of Tentacruel, brings precision of Hurricane at 100% and finally helps Kyurem increasing the possibility of using a substitute against fire type pokemon (For example a random Lava Plume that could burn it).​

My idea now was to make a sort of cleaner, I thought only to spam. The first intention was Keldeo or Breloom, since I needed a decent fighting type and seemed to be the ideal, but then I changed my mind, and I decided to use a pokemon that wins the 1v1 with Tornadus and that scared the opponent switch congenial to me, so I decided to choose the powerful thundurus, who better than he can do the job for me?​

Team At Glance

Focus On
Politoed

Politoed (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song​

My weather setter. I decided to use the scarf version because I have no scarfer on the team. In the rain scarf politoed is a pretty formidable revenge killer and surpasses all pokemon below 130 base speed. Ice Beam to surprise grass type pokemon and dragons (Timid outpaces a +1 dragonite after a dragon dance for example), Hydro Pump to kill things like Tornadus-T or for damage to other weather setters such as Tyranitar and Ninetales. Surf is the other stab to use just in case the precision, for example against Terrakion or Thundurus-t and finally Perish Song, which is extremely useful against pokemon of caibro of CMRachi or SubDDgyara doing perdergli momentum, or even against any FullBatonpass.

Tentacruel

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Scald
- Substitute

Tentacruel is without doubt the best spinner in this game. This is because he has access to Rain Dish that under rain gives it 12% for each turn and can check Toxic Spikes thanks to its typing. Originally I preferred Toxic Spiker Cruel to help and support Kyurem, but after some battles I changed ideas and decided to use SubToxCruel, that's because there are so many other Tentacruels and I could not win 1VS1 against them. Anyway I don't lose his utility, Subtox win 1vs1 with one of most troublesome threats to my team, Jellicent, which blocks the spin that helps my 3 mons weak to stealth rock.

Kyurem

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP / 220 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power​

Well, it's the Star of my team, it works incredible under rain and it's amazing how it can split in two among other Offensive/Balanced team. Kyurem can make 101 HP Substitutes, that will fade after two hits of Seismic Toss or Night Shade. Weaker moves, such as Scald, Volt Switch, and Lava Plume too, usually won't break the Substitute either thanks to Kyurem's resistances and above-average defenses. He can enter even onto Steel types such as Ferrothorn or Bronzong if necessary, thanks to its trait that now has a boost with Roost, it is able to PPstall Gyro Ball and stay inside. The Biggest trouble is that it does have a huge weakness to rocks and it does not have an immediate power like its counterparts, so I need a spinner and sometimes can t switch him. I originally used 252HP/4Satk/252Spd, and i found a great tank, but offensive version can kill many more things, and some offensive more it's right for me.

Tornadus-T

Tornadus-T (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
- Focus Blast

Well I have not much to tell you, that’s because you know all about this pokemon. I prefer Specs version because I’d rather have no recoil damage and it works better with his trait, regenerator, and makes it immortal under rain. Sleep Talk> Hidden power ice that I used, and the reason is simple, I needed something to use against Breloom or Amoonguss, so I can enter on spore and I am still able to play 6vs6 without the hindrance of a sleeping pokemon.

Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed​

My first thought was to stop Dragon type Pokemons, such as Bandnite, Latwins or ScarfMoxieMence that could give me some trouble from the moment I lose my good resistor. So I decided to not support more Kyurem with Spikes, and gave it Leech Seed + Protect to recover some HP, Gyroball to stop Terrakion , Thundurus-T or Landorus that after Rock Polish/Agility could be a problem. 4th slot I used for SR, as they are necessary in every team.

Thundurus-T

Thundurus-T (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Volt Absorb
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

This set is meant to catch opponents by surprise, luring and OHKOing Pokemon that assume Thundurus-T is equipped with a Choice item with the appropriate move. Better examples are Landorus or Scizor too, the first enter on Volt Switch and the second on Hp Ice. The Idea to use this set care from my ScarfSet, and people enter with landorus or scizor after my first Volt Switch assuming that it was Scarf, so I decided to catch them off guard.

Last Glance

Conclusion & Credits

Well, this team has an incredible amount of wins and is too easy to use because it has a good matchup against the popular things in this metagame. A special thanks to Hermex, my Italian Friend Player that made my graphics and helped me to do this RMT, I have to thank King (Jasonpwn), he gave me moral support to post this rmt and helped me with the English since it is not my native language xD. That's all folks, hope you enjoyed the team, give it a Ludvisc if you like it.

ETT:
Politoed (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Tornadus-T (M) @ Choice Specs
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
- Focus Blast

Thundurus-T (M) @ Expert Belt
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Scald
- Substitute

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

D i a b l o

Hi Uomo Solo, very nice team :)
Sub Kyurem is very pretty cool, I love him <3 but I have some advice for you aka SalacKion is very dangerous for your team so I advice you to put ScarfLatios over Thundurus-T and Superpower over Focus Blast on Tornadus-T (so LOset>CSpecs), with this you have a revengekiller for annoying treath (like PolishLando) and a decent wallbreacker (Tornadus-T).
Now I suggest you to Encore>Surf on Politoed to stop SubCMRachi (another dangerous treath for your team).
Hope I helped you, good luck :)

I feel that Dragonite is a big threat to your team. It can live a hit from Politoed once you bring it in thanks to Multiscale and proceed to Outrage freely, especially if Ferrothorn has been removed. Nothing on your team outspeeds it bar Politoed, which has already been talked about. The only reliable situations you have are if Kyurem is behind a sub or if Ferrothorn is still alive. I know you have SR on Ferrothorn, but priority number 1 for an opposing player would be removing Ferrothorn. Obviously you have skill, I'm not denying that. To help against DDNite, I suggest replacing Protect on your Ferrothorn with Thunder Wave. This is counterproductive with Gyro Ball, but a lot of players that have Dragonite will know they have to get rid of Ferrothorn.

TL;DR: Thunder Wave instead of Protect on Ferrothorn.

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
Hi Uomo Solo, very nice team :)
Sub Kyurem is very pretty cool, I love him <3 but I have some advice for you aka SalacKion is very dangerous for your team so I advice you to put ScarfLatios over Thundurus-T and Superpower over Focus Blast on Tornadus-T (so LOset>CSpecs), with this you have a revengekiller for annoying treath (like PolishLando) and a decent wallbreacker (Tornadus-T).
Now I suggest you to Encore>Surf on Politoed to stop SubCMRachi (another dangerous treath for your team).
Hope I helped you, good luck :)
Hey man, thanks a lot Well the idea to use one of Latwins were in my mind but i already have a dragon and love to spam Thunder under rain, about Tornadus Focus blast specs is more or less like Superpower so i dunno if change it. Thanks again i ll try your changes, first of all Encore Politoed :)

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
Hey Livio, greats on the peak by the way! I've played you before with this team, nothing much i can say except its pmuch standard rain balance at the moment, anyway. I'd recommend changing your thunderous set too;

Thundurus-T (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 104 Spd
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Focus Blast

This set seems like it would fit your team very well its so much better then the ebelt set. depending on the filler you'd like its a great way to dent wholes in your opps team for Tornadous and Kyruem to cause havok. The 104 speed is so that you outspeed scarf Latios after an agility etc hitting 526.

As for threats I can see; DD-Dragonite, Sub-Cm Rain Rachi and SUN TEAMS when toad is low enough to be trapped by duggy..

P.S. I'd like to see someone overtake Zodiak, get too it!

Hi there,

Nice team you have here, I like a lot the use of Kyurem so props for that :D

Speaking about your team, I have no so much to tell anyway Substitute Calm Mind Jirachi can be problematic for your team because it has a lots of chances to setup therefore I suggest you to change Surf into Encore on Politoed. Encore allows to lock Jirachi into Substitute or Calm Mind so you send out Thundurus-T and Kyurem before it becomes a problem. Then, Timid Tentacruel needs only 4 EV on Speed to outspeed Adamant Mamoswine therefore I'd move spare EVs from Speed to SDef to take special hits better. Finally, on Ferrothorn I suggest you to change Protect into Spikes. Ferrothorn doesn't need at all Protect, Leech Seed is sufficient to recover enough HP to stay alive long. Spikes otherwise helps Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T and mostly Kyurem. Hope I helped with this rate, good luck and luvdisc'd.

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
Hi there,

Nice team you have here, I like a lot the use of Kyurem so props for that :D

Speaking about your team, I have no so much to tell anyway Substitute Calm Mind Jirachi can be problematic for your team because it has a lots of chances to setup therefore I suggest you to change Surf into Encore on Politoed. Encore allows to lock Jirachi into Substitute or Calm Mind so you send out Thundurus-T and Kyurem before it becomes a problem. Then, Timid Tentacruel needs only 4 EV on Speed to outspeed Adamant Mamoswine therefore I'd move spare EVs from Speed to SDef to take special hits better. Finally, on Ferrothorn I suggest you to change Protect into Spikes. Ferrothorn doesn't need at all Protect, Leech Seed is sufficient to recover enough HP to stay alive long. Spikes otherwise helps Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T and mostly Kyurem. Hope I helped with this rate, good luck and luvdisc'd.
Thanks all for the rate, i will change the set of Ferrothorn as suggested me Alexander and OM XIV, with Spikes in place of Protect, not sure to use Twave, because lum berry could give me problems anyway.

About Problems suggestion, i think to do only AgilitierThundurus, that s because i dont want to lose the incredible coverage that it has. Take in consideration also to change tentacruel Ev spread into 204 HP / 208 Def / 96 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk) as told me in PM,

Finally! A team that uses SubRoost Kyurem! I had the exact same team(i.e same pokemon; different sets) with Choice Scarf Keldeo>Tundurus-T. I am going to spam this team on the ladder and get some requirments! Luvdisc'd

Now, for the actual rate, I would use Life Orb instead of leftovers on Kyurem. The reason for this:
1) You lack Toxic Spikes,
2) You get the extra power which allows you to: 2HKO Jirachi, Ferrothorn and Scizor; OHKO Heatran, Terrakion and Cloyster.
3) Killing Jirachi early on in the match allows Tornadus-T to spam Hurricane freely later on.
Note: I have always preferred Life Orb to kill steel quickly(i.e 2HKO every steel except Bronong and Specially Defensive Scizor)

If you do use Life Orb, use this ev spread: 56 HP / 212 SAtk / 240 Spd. That spread allows you to make four Substitutes when holding Life Orb. The Speed EVs allow you to outspeed Standard Haxorus by 1 point.

Optional changes: 1) Timid Natue on Kyurem with an EV spread: 56 HP / 228 SAtk / 224 Spd.
2) Dragon Pulse> Ice Beam. For Mamoswine, Keldeo and Volcarona.
220+ SpA Life Orb Kyurem Dragon Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mamoswine: 312-368 (86.18 - 101.65%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Unlike other Dragons, Kyurem is and excellent check to Mamoswine.

EDIT: Move the extra 4 HP on Thundurus-T to defense. You are taking extra Stealth Rock damage. Lower Ferrothorn's Speed IVs to 0. Use either Power Whip or Spikes instead of protect.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey!

I really love this team. This team is really solid and changing any of the Pokemon would ruin your synergy so congratz on such a well built team!

I'd like to say that putting 4 EVs into HP increases SR damage (if only slightly) and since Torn-T and Thundy-T hate SR damage, I would move those into SDef / Def. It's a minor change but you never know when it might save you.

I'd test Encore on Politoed (just because I love the concepts of a fast Encore) but it's really a preference choice here.

That ladder name... I thought it belonged to Livlio Andricio, but it seems I don't have my facts straight! (because I remember fighting him and losing to a very similar rain team as this (his last battle for #1 I might add) - I was testing a Mamo team. he ended up 2-0'ing me, very legit battle). Anyway, I've Luvdic'd this thread so keep up the quality teams there!

~! Shurtugal

EDIT:

That reminds me: your super Mamoswine weak (thats how I remember be so embarassed, I played Mamo loosely and lost)! Might want to crank up Tenta's speed to outpace Mamoswine. (Also, on the user that said its sun weak: Kyu is a really good check to it imo. Though it is kind of weak if it loses the weather war but thats a given on any weather team so meh).

Hey there, this is a really nice team you have here and I really like the use of Kyurem, so props to you for that!

Anyway, on to the rate

Well, looking at your team, HO Deo-D teams look like they could really give you trouble even with Tentacruel, as most Deo-D teams do carry Gengar, and a lot of those Gengars these days run Thunder just for Tentacruel and Rain teams alike. So to help you fix this may I suggest a Life Orb Tornadus-T with Taunt > Choice Specs Tornadus-T. Life Orb Tornadus-T will not only help you with Deo-D teams but it also uses Superpower so you don't have to risk the accuracy of Focus Blast, also you can deal with Tyranitar better and hit specially Defensive walls such as Chansey and Heatran quite hard.

Dragons such as Dragonite and Salamence look like they could really be annoying to your team after a Dragon Dance, even with Rain, after +1 a Fire Punch still does around half to your Ferrothorn which is quite a lot. Also, Politoed is not very reliable in killing them at as some people like to run Jolly Dragonite and Salamence outspeeds anyway. After +1 that is. So to help with this may I suggest Choice Scarf Thundurus-T > Expert Belt Thundurus-T, not only is Thundurus-T a much better revenge killer than Politoed but it has access to Volt Switch so you can gain momentum.

Sets

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Hurricane
- Taunt

Thundurus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Anyway, nice team. Hope I helped!

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey there, cool team, grats on getting #1!

I have two suggestions for you. The first is that your team seems to have some trouble with Rotom-W and the rare Gastrodon/Quagsire, so put Hidden Power Grass over either Hydro Pump or Surf on Politoed.

The second suggestion is to use Agility over Volt Switch on Thundurus-T. I won't suggest Nasty Plot as well because Thund-T has a ton of power unboosted and can easily clean up in the endgame.

Anyway, nice team, well done!

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
Hey!

I really love this team. This team is really solid and changing any of the Pokemon would ruin your synergy so congratz on such a well built team!

I'd like to say that putting 4 EVs into HP increases SR damage (if only slightly) and since Torn-T and Thundy-T hate SR damage, I would move those into SDef / Def. It's a minor change but you never know when it might save you.

I'd test Encore on Politoed (just because I love the concepts of a fast Encore) but it's really a preference choice here.

That ladder name... I thought it belonged to Livlio Andricio, but it seems I don't have my facts straight! (because I remember fighting him and losing to a very similar rain team as this (his last battle for #1 I might add) - I was testing a Mamo team. he ended up 2-0'ing me, very legit battle). Anyway, I've Luvdic'd this thread so keep up the quality teams there!

~! Shurtugal

EDIT:

That reminds me: your super Mamoswine weak (thats how I remember be so embarassed, I played Mamo loosely and lost)! Might want to crank up Tenta's speed to outpace Mamoswine.
Yeah, that s a Livio Alt, because I am Livio xD. Anyway thanks you for suggestion, Mamo is not that trouble, because i ve scarftoed, fixed speed with cruel to outspeed jolly Mamo and does not shot Tornadus.

I ve already fixed Politoed with Encore>Surf against nite or others booster pokemons, many people told me about so.. xD

Enjoyed u like it :) Thanks all for the rate

Hi Uomo Solo.
It is a very effective and very strong team, I have a similar team and it is very good for the metagame, and then kyurem is a pokemon and very interesting, I can not really Rate your team because it is correct, but I see a weakness against Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, Venusaur, then your team is pretty weak against Sun team with Ninetales/Volcarona/Venusaure/Dugtrio, I suggest you put Chansey on Thundurus-T , Chansey is the best special staller of the game, with eviolite his special defense and his physical defense increases and it becomes stronger that blissey, then Chansey is a very good against the sun Team's, Thundurus-T/Tornadus-T/Volcarona/Venusaure/Alakazam. Chansey can ask the Stealth Rock.

Chansey
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
Now that you have a Chansey, I suggest you put Spikes on Stealth Rock for Ferrothorn, because with Entry Hazard (Spikes + Stealth Rock) Tornadus-T and Kyurem will be able to do much damage, this style of game resembles a balanced offense.

Tl;dr
Thundurus-T--->Chansey
Ferrothorn--->Spikes>Stealth Rocks

Hope I Helped, and good Luck with your Team.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hey :3

Dont even consider it a rate, because i have no doubt this team is already good enough, also congrats on your peak!
As everyone else already said, you can put instead of Surf something else, i mean the most of the time its just a waste of a slot, and you can try Encore to avoid being fucked by a calm mind jriachi or just to stop some slow statupper like reuniclus or scrafty. If encore doesnt work for you, you can as well put Hidden power grass for something like gastrodon, but honestly i've never like it that much on scarf set because you miss the 2ko on sp def gastrodon anyway.

The other thing i would say is, tornadus-t doesnt actually need the power up of Specs to work, you dont get so many kos with specs that you miss with life orb. Also, its very bad if you wake up and you are locked into Sleep talk, so i think life orb can work better. This will give you more freedom and in combination with Superpower it can come in handy to break walls easier. Also since you have a spinenr, you dont have to care much about stealth rock+life orb (which negates you any recover because 35>33) so you have no reason not to try it. I would also think about Rain dance in the 4th slot to help a bit against Sun teams, but it depends on you, if you want to have a major help against breloom feel free to use stalk.

The last thing is that i would scarf your thundurus, the main reason is that im a little scared about Dragmag which can trap your steel and then try to sweep you with DDmence/nite, i know the surprise factor is important but a revenge killer is needed as well. Also, if you scarf thundurus you can actually switch-in on other tornadus and then spam thunder, if you dont do so hurricane will 2ko you and it can be problematic somewhat. I hope i helped, gl and congrats!

Hi Uomo Solo.
It is a very effective and very strong team, I have a similar team and it is very good for the metagame, and then kyurem is a pokemon and very interesting, I can not really Rate your team because it is correct, but I see a weakness against Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, Venusaur, then your team is pretty weak against Sun team with Ninetales/Volcarona/Venusaure/Dugtrio, I suggest you put Chansey on Thundurus-T , Chansey is the best special staller of the game, with eviolite his special defense and his physical defense increases and it becomes stronger that blissey, then Chansey is a very good against the sun Team's, Thundurus-T/Tornadus-T/Volcarona/Venusaure/Alakazam. Chansey can ask the Stealth Rock.

Chansey

Now that you have a Chansey, I suggest you put Spikes on Stealth Rock for Ferrothorn, because with Entry Hazard (Spikes + Stealth Rock) Tornadus-T and Kyurem will be able to do much damage, this style of game resembles a balanced offense.

Tl;dr
Thundurus-T--->Chansey
Ferrothorn--->Spikes>Stealth Rocks

Hope I Helped, and good Luck with your Team.
Sorry, Leftiez. I don't agree with switching Thundurus-T. With out it, this team loses a lot of momentum and power so pokemon like Bulky Kyurem-B and Calm Minders cans sweep through tis team with ease. Cloyster will be forced to switch and without Thundurus-T, this team would pretty much fall apart. This was supposed to be a bulky offense team and Teantacruel already fills the role as a special wall and Ferrothorn stealth rock is important so it can get Leech Seed up easily to support Tornadus-T to kill Bulky killers with Hurricane. Sorry. I disagree with Chansey. Chansey can't abuse the rain which is another problem so it is best to use it on a stall or weatherless team. Tornadus-T electrical weakness is covered by Thundurus-T's Trait, Volt Absorb so the Semi - Volt-Turn Core is ruined there. Now, on to my rate.

Wazzup!

This team is a really good team and has great synergy. The frail parts of your team are completely countered by Tentacruel. I have only two minor suggestions to make so that means THIS TEAM IS A ROUGHHOUSE. For Thundurus-T, I recommend switching to Grass Knot. Tornadus-T already has Focus Blast so you can switch using Volt Switch easily. the reason I recommend this is to get past Gastrodon with no drawbacks. Quagsire and Swampert, although uncommon, wall this team easily and send out Scalds at your atttackers like everything hit 'em. Remember they also get the rain boost and a Boosted Scald + Burn Damage can where your pokemon down quickly especially Tornadus-T who is locked into one move when not using Sleep Talk. Specially Defensive Gastrodon takes pitiful damage and having acess to recover and possibly using a combo of Toxic makes it far the greatest defensive threat to this team. The next thing is changing your Tentacruel's EV Spread to 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef. This lets you abuse the switching between Ferrothorn and Tentacruel easily considering they have awesome synergy. Fighting is resisted by Poison and and Fire-type moves won't be used in rain. Psychic, Electric, and ground are all easily walled by Ferrothorn.

This team is great! Happy New Year!​

Great team, great stuff man, just thought I'd add what I think will make your team better, which is putting Protect>Substitute over Tentacruel. You can stall out more things other than jellicent that you might not outspeed. Other than that, great team!!

I couldn't be happier to help you with the post, so Luvdisc'd!

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Team looks solid Livio! Grats on peak.
Many common threats to rain like sub cruel, double dance thunderus etc are checked fairly well by this team and I only have a few threats to point out.

When I played you on the ladder my toxicroak put a lot of pressure on the team
since mine was jolly. After a swords dance and with rocks down it pretty much runs through your team. Also as shurt has pointed out mamoswine really breaks the team apart seeing as the only thing that stands a chance is kyurem, and ibeam + ep don't do too enough to mamo while superpower kills. Although the versatility of thunderus is fantastic, its sr weakness and frailty really puts pressure on cruel to spin, and in order to do so you need to summon rain which whittles down politoed's health. And since it's scarfed, you're very hard pressed to win weather wars. I would recommend a bulkier pivot/heavy hitter in place of thunderus, perhaps offensive chesto rest rotom.
a spread like

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 220 SAtk / 208 Spd
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

this spread outspeeds mamoswine, and most croaks that try to hit 285 speed for mamo. If gastrodon seems like a problem, simply slap a spex on it and use hp grass over rest, then go with a simple 252/252 spread to hit ridiculously hard with both thunder and hydropump while checking mamo and croak, arguably your biggest threats. To put things into perspective, a modest spex thunder does up to 50% to nite THRU SCALE, and 2hkos latios with rocks down. The 30% para also fucks over latis and washes that love to switch in.
Again, grats on the peak, hope i helped!

As with any teams that utilizes more than one therian, alone with multiple Pokemon weak to Ground/Fighting, Mamoswine (to a lesser extent Weavile) takes care of 3, 4, or even 5 of your Pokemon, depending on its nature and item choice. I've taken a liking to using either Scarf Adamant Swine or Band Jolly Swine, and they both cause your team some serious trouble. I like the team, it's pretty standard as far as rain goes, but as with so many teams in this current meta, you have very little to check Mamoswine. And that's just one Pokemon. If the opponents team is at least somewhat well built, it will probably beat you. Therefore, I suggest a Sub+CM Jirachi with Flash Cannon, or something of that sort, to help alleviate this large weakness. Or you can just forfeit/get slaughtered when the opposing team has a Mamoswine. Your choice, doesn't matter too much to me. :P

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, congrats on the peak!

This looks like a pretty solid team. The only problem I see is a bit of special-centralization, which is fine since you have powerful attackers, however it is in such an extreme that your only physical attacks are U-Turn and Gyro Ball. This means that special walls may be hard to face, especially Chansey, whose bulk is quite enough to take hits and Recover off the damage. Your most powerful move against it, Thundurus-T's Focus Blast, won't even 3HKO all the time. Your only chance of beating it is stalling it out with Tentacruel / Ferrothorn, but given its ability, Natural Cure, it can easily switch to a teammember and again you'll lose a lot of momentum. To help you be able to hit Chansey for at least a bit of damage, the only thing I'd suggest would be to give Superpower to either Tornadus or Thundurus, or to switch one of your Therians with a fighting type such as Breloom. Breloom can help you cover all of the special walls you'd need help breaking past- and it can also hit opposing buly water types really hard, and put slower walls to sleep. Other than that, you look great! I'd suggest you try out Loom first instead of Thundurus, and of that doesn't work for you you could try Superpower.

Nice team!

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly / 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Mach Punch / Bullet Seed / Spore / Swords Dance

Gimmick

Electric potential
Hey Uomo Solo!

This team is... well... standard(ly awesome)! There really isn't much that can take the team down as a whole, but there are singular Pokemon that seem to give you a ton of trouble. Episode 36 already mentioned Mamoswine, but I also see Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T being really difficult to take down. Mamoswine isn't too much of a problem considering it can outspeed and OHKO only 1 Pokemon on your team (Tentacruel). Politoed outspeeds; Thundurus, Tornadus, Kyurem, and Ferrothorn all live Ice Shard/EQ. However, (Modest + Life Orb) Agility Thundurus-T has the ability to outspeed and OHKO just about every Pokemon (Ferrothorn needs prior damage) after a boost. Scarf ones are difficult, but to a lesser extent. Specs Tornadus-T can 2HKO everything on your team with Hurricane; the only thing stopping it is a well-bluffed Thundurus-T, Politoed (which can't OHKO with any move), or a healthy Kyurem.

I really don't want to kill the nifty offensive and defensive synergy here, so I'd like to suggest a really weird, but seemingly useful option. Have you tried Yache Berry Thundurus-T? It still bluffs the choice item but supplies a cushion against Mamoswine and other Thundurus-T. You may miss out on some power provided by Expert Belt, but you mentioned that you wanted to trick Landorus and Scizor, which aren't affected at all by that item. In a way, it even tricks Thundurus-T into thinking it's safe to Agility and sweep, when in reality, its HP Ice won't OHKO while it would get OHKO'd back depending on its EVs. You also bait Mamoswine's Ice Shard, which fails to OHKO while it gets OHKO'd back by Focus Blast.

Since we're on the topic of bait-killing threats, a change in Tentacruel's speed seems inevitable. An EV spread of 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd gives you an EV jump in speed and allows you to outspeed Jolly Mamoswine's speed tier (including most Rotom-W). No investment in SAtk EVs still allows you to OHKO Mamoswine: 0 SpAtk Tentacruel Scald vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Mamoswine: 89.75% - 106.37% (Guaranteed OHKO in Rain after Stealth Rock). You'll now outspeed a ton more Pokemon like Heatran and Gliscor, which both threaten with Earth Power and Earthquake, respectively. Since you're using the SubToxic set, speed is almost necessary to stall out common threats. The Toxic Spikes set, on the other hand, would appreciate your current set. The speed also makes sure Rotom-W doesn't outspeed and Volt Switch before you get a chance to Toxic it.

And lastly, I just have to suggest subtle nitpick of HP EV migration. Move the 4 HP EVs on Thundurus-T into Def. This way, you can switch into Stealth Rock 4 times instead of 3.

That's it! Fantastic team, dude! Good luck with it~

Summary of Changes

• change
      to
    • Move those 4 HP EVs into Def
    • EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
    • EDIT: Keep the 4 HP EVs. It gives you a Regenerator number. Basically 1% extra if you switch into Stealth Rock like 20 times lol. Sorry! My bad. Jirachi reminded me.

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
Hey Uomo Solo!

This team is... well... standard(ly awesome)! There really isn't much that can take the team down as a whole, but there are singular Pokemon that seem to give you a ton of trouble. Episode 36 already mentioned Mamoswine, but I also see Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T being really difficult to take down. Mamoswine isn't too much of a problem considering it can outspeed and OHKO only 1 Pokemon on your team (Tentacruel). Politoed outspeeds; Thundurus, Tornadus, Kyurem, and Ferrothorn all live Ice Shard/EQ. However, (Modest + Life Orb) Agility Thundurus-T has the ability to outspeed and OHKO just about every Pokemon (Ferrothorn needs prior damage) after a boost. Scarf ones are difficult, but to a lesser extent. Specs Tornadus-T can 2HKO everything on your team with Hurricane; the only thing stopping it is a well-bluffed Thundurus-T, Politoed (which can't OHKO with any move), or a healthy Kyurem.

I really don't want to kill the nifty offensive and defensive synergy here, so I'd like to suggest a really weird, but seemingly useful option. Have you tried Yache Berry Thundurus-T? It still bluffs the choice item but supplies a cushion against Mamoswine and other Thundurus-T. You may miss out on some power provided by Expert Belt, but you mentioned that you wanted to trick Landorus and Scizor, which aren't affected at all by that item. In a way, it even tricks Thundurus-T into thinking it's safe to Agility and sweep, when in reality, its HP Ice won't OHKO while it would get OHKO'd back depending on its EVs. You also bait Mamoswine's Ice Shard, which fails to OHKO while it gets OHKO'd back by Focus Blast.

Since we're on the topic of bait-killing threats, a change in Tentacruel's speed seems inevitable. An EV spread of 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd gives you an EV jump in speed and allows you to outspeed Jolly Mamoswine's speed tier (including most Rotom-W). No investment in SAtk EVs still allows you to OHKO Mamoswine: 0 SpAtk Tentacruel Scald vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Mamoswine: 89.75% - 106.37% (Guaranteed OHKO in Rain after Stealth Rock). You'll now outspeed a ton more Pokemon like Heatran and Gliscor, which both threaten with Earth Power and Earthquake, respectively. Since you're using the SubToxic set, speed is almost necessary to stall out common threats. The Toxic Spikes set, on the other hand, would appreciate your current set. The speed also makes sure Rotom-W doesn't outspeed and Volt Switch before you get a chance to Toxic it.

And lastly, I just have to suggest subtle nitpick of HP EV migration. Move the 4 HP EVs on Thundurus-T and Tornadus-T into Def. This way, you can switch into Stealth Rock more times (4 in the case of Thundurus).

That's it! Fantastic team, dude! Good luck with it~

Summary of Changes

• change
      to
    • EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Thanks everyone again to rate my team, i m really really happy you enjoyed it :)

I thought to use Breloom instead of Thundurus-T, but Thundurus give to the team more speed and more unpredictability thanks its incredible variant of set.

I ll try without doubt the set of Thundurus, i m thinking if use Expertbelt with Superpower, or more interesting Yache berry, probabily i ll use both xD

I already changed the set of Tentacruel, similar to your suggested me by Problems, that s useful against Mamoswine, many players suggested me to use Toxic Spikes setter but i prefer toxic set because i can immediatly Tox opponent Spinblocker such as Jellycent that completly wall my team, except for Thunduru, that anyway has to enter and with SR+Scald is not a great idea.

Yeah, i ve to move those Evs into Def, my bad.

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
I've played with this team and I really liked it, but it is fairly weak to Sub+Salac Terrakiononce it gets set up. To help combat Terrakion I reccomend Replacing Ferrothorn< Specially Defensive Skarmory, this gives you something to switch into Hurricanes should you need to, while also providing an answer to Terrakion, although a Physically defensive one would work better if you think you have Torn handled. Skarmory also baits electric attacks, helping Thund-T (but it is really obvious). Try it out if you want to!

Hi!

This is a solid team. I'm going to pretend that i havent see the other rates and give a few suggestions. I was impressed when i first saw this team decided to use it and adopt it a bit. Here is what i found and used when i changed things a bit.

1) I'd change protect to spikes on ferrothorn protect dosent really do much for it anyways and extra hazards are always useful even if you dont run a spinner.

2) Here is something im still trying but running Rest over protect and chesto berry on ferrothorn is an interesting strategy on ferrothorn which i saw in another RMT which might help ferro's longitivity.

3) Running Agility over Volt Switch on thundurus really makes a big impact on your team as a second set up sweeper and Yache berry/Lum berry would help the agility set. As an option you could try a set of 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd with a modest nature but if it was me i'd keep the current set as it is.

4) Gastrodon though not quite as common as during the BW era is still present and is an annoyance for your team to face. As a solution i'd run HP Grass over Surf on Politoed as Hydro Pump usually gets the job done if revenge killing is what you have to do.

5) Perish Song is kinda not as useful anymore. What has set up once against your team can do it again. Hypnosis on the other hand sounds like an interesting option to try out as putting your opponent to sleep could really help Kyurem set up and stuff so try Hypnosis over Perish Song on Politoed.

6) I'd try a spread of 216 HP / 196 SDef / 96 Spd with a timid nature on Tentacruel. This set helps you get faster subs to stall out status. Faster Rapid Spin support and most importantly you outspeed certain Mamoswine and OHKO it with Scald under the rain before it can do much to your team. It also acts as a Mamo Bait in a way only to outspeed and kill Mamo.

7) You'd might want to considering switching Earth Power to Focus Blast on Kyurem simply because your team is extremely specially based with no physical attacker other than Ferrothorn's gyro ball meaning blissey walls you for days.

This is all i have atm. Hope I helped. Btw here is something i haven't worked on yet but one of your special sweepers has to go and Eviolite Chansey or any special wall for that matter laughs off any hit your team can dish out on them. Good Luck!

I tested this team out on the ladder and I can say that I really enjoyed using it. The only suggestion I would make is possibly switching Kyurem to a Kyurem-b. With teravolt, earth power will be able to hit Rotom-w and while behind a sub Rotom-w cannot do much back to Kyurem-b. You can easily run the exact same spread that your current Kyurem runs so you won't lose out on any coverage that you have now. Fusion bolt is an option if you want to hit bulky waters, but you have Thunderus-T to hit them. If you choose to run fusion bolt, you will have to change modest to some other kind of nature. Of course you will miss out on being able to pressure stall gyro ball users and a bit of power, but its mostly about what you find to be a bigger problem for your team. All other issues I could think of have been mentioned above.

Kyurem-b Set:
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam/ Fusion Bolt
-Earth Power

Also to the above comments who suggest to use scarf Thunderus-t, I found that the only reason why I was able to beat pokemon such as Rotom-w as easily as I did was because I was able to bluff the scarf on Thunderus-t, I would keep Thunderous-t as it is. Anyways great team, it was a lot of fun to use.

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
Hi!

This is a solid team. I'm going to pretend that i havent see the other rates and give a few suggestions. I was impressed when i first saw this team decided to use it and adopt it a bit. Here is what i found and used when i changed things a bit.

1) I'd change protect to spikes on ferrothorn protect dosent really do much for it anyways and extra hazards are always useful even if you dont run a spinner.

2) Here is something im still trying but running Rest over protect and chesto berry on ferrothorn is an interesting strategy on ferrothorn which i saw in another RMT which might help ferro's longitivity.

3) Running Agility over Volt Switch on thundurus really makes a big impact on your team as a second set up sweeper and Yache berry/Lum berry would help the agility set. As an option you could try a set of 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd with a modest nature but if it was me i'd keep the current set as it is.

4) Gastrodon though not quite as common as during the BW era is still present and is an annoyance for your team to face. As a solution i'd run HP Grass over Surf on Politoed as Hydro Pump usually gets the job done if revenge killing is what you have to do.

5) Perish Song is kinda not as useful anymore. What has set up once against your team can do it again. Hypnosis on the other hand sounds like an interesting option to try out as putting your opponent to sleep could really help Kyurem set up and stuff so try Hypnosis over Perish Song on Politoed.

6) I'd try a spread of 216 HP / 196 SDef / 96 Spd with a timid nature on Tentacruel. This set helps you get faster subs to stall out status. Faster Rapid Spin support and most importantly you outspeed certain Mamoswine and OHKO it with Scald under the rain before it can do much to your team. It also acts as a Mamo Bait in a way only to outspeed and kill Mamo.

7) You'd might want to considering switching Earth Power to Focus Blast on Kyurem simply because your team is extremely specially based with no physical attacker other than Ferrothorn's gyro ball meaning blissey walls you for days.

This is all i have atm. Hope I helped. Btw here is something i haven't worked on yet but one of your special sweepers has to go and Eviolite Chansey or any special wall for that matter laughs off any hit your team can dish out on them. Good Luck!
1. Without protect, i can t scout choicer s moves, and i must predict ever the opponent moves, and this is crazy XD.

2.Rest is not a good idea, cause i m running Leech Seed+ Leftovers that give me around 20% each turn, and is the only way under rain for stop DDnite with Gyroball. Dragonite could be Choice Band too, and damage without lefties can 3HOKO with Outrage.Chesto rest is good, but u can rest only 1time, and Leech Seed in addition to recover makes it a damage move.

3. I love my Thundurus-T with a Expert Belt item. I did not search one Special Sweeper, only something that could BaitKill someone. I already had a Special Sweep, Tornadus-t is a cancer of the game, and i needed thundurus cause it can Volt Switch and open the way for sweep to Tornadus.

4. Scarfpolited can t beat Gastrodon with HP Grass cause, it 3HKO Gastrodon that can switch out easily.

5. Hypnosis is not a competitive move in this metagame cause has low accuracy (IMHO). You can t lose a turn and eventually a pokemon in this way. I have already replaced Encore in place of Perish song, for problems such as CMrachi-DDnite and so on

7.Focus Blast>Earth Power is bad. I must stall PP moves of opponent pokemon, i can t run a move with 8PP, that in 30% can miss, and anyway ICE+GROUND is bit better for hit all.
Other changes you suggested me are all things that I already have done. Thanks anyway for this rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)