Tournament Eternal Pokémon Open [Won by lyd]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opponent and I decided a date and time to battle, but they didn't show up. Since we're 6 hours apart and I have little confidence when it comes to competitive battling, I would prefer to either let Chazm take my place or let Flurbel have the win.

My opponent and I decided a date and time to battle, but they didn't show up. Since we're 6 hours apart and I have little confidence when it comes to competitive battling, I would prefer to either let Chazm take my place or let Flurbel have the win.
Chazm was already subbed in against Yoshiblaze. You can still try to have another match with your opponent if you want to, or claim an activity win in case your schedules don't meet up anymore. Just let me know and I'll make the call ^^

Chazm was already subbed in against Yoshiblaze. You can still try to have another match with your opponent if you want to, or claim an activity win in case your schedules don't meet up anymore. Just let me know and I'll make the call ^^
Got it. I'll see if we can manage another time frame.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I think I’m going to have to call activity, my opponent hasn’t responded to my attempts to schedule a match, and hasn’t been on since last wednesday, at the time of posting this.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Hey everyone, as round 1 comes to a close, are there any elements of this Pet Mod that currently feel broken and/or unhealthly? We'd like to gauge community consensus on the current metagame before the council decides what to nerf.

Eternal-Togetic now has a 15% chance to soak and burn, respectively tagging charizard8888 to please implement this
Eternal Pokémon Open
round 2
Introduction
Hello everyone, and welcome to the first edition of Eternal Pokémon Open. This tournament is a best-of-three format played in the Pet Mod Eternal Pokémon, whose resources can be seen below.

Resources
Thread
Spreadsheet
Teambuilder
When searching up Eternal Pokémon, type "x-eternal" and click the part where it says "No exact match found. The closest matches alphabetically are:". For searching moves, look up the type of the move and it should show up.
Calculator
Viability Rankings
Sample Teams
Role Compendium

Scheduling Tips
1)
Contact your opponent as soon as you can! Mention your time zone, PS! username (if it differs from your account's name), and your availability.
2) Try to give your opponent at least two or three time-options. If you only have 15 minutes on an entire week to play on you shouldn't be signing up in the first place.
3) Try to be specific, "Weekend Afternoons", "After Lunch", or anything similar is likely to fail when it comes to scheduling.

Pairings
stuuful12 vs. Squawkerz
lyd vs. SectoniaServant16
Tmi489 vs. mt0101
charizard8888 vs. (Yoshiblaze vs. Chazm ) (get g2 and g3 done!)
Flurbel vs. Jucherz
Gravity Monkey vs. (Magikingdra vs. CreeperDNA )

Deadline for round 2 is Thursday 12th, June.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, as round 1 comes to a close, are there any elements of this Pet Mod that currently feel broken and/or unhealthly? We'd like to gauge community consensus on the current metagame before the council decides what to nerf.
Mega Sableye checks a lot of threats (such as Chingling, Lairon, Eevee, Chansey, and to and extent, Tangela, just to name a few), it’s very hard to break (insert exact bulk here) and requires specific checks. It easily beats the two S-Rank Pokémon in the VR (walls Lairon, forces out Chingling) and many other options. With solid bulk, a decent typing, and reliable recovery, it needs a special non-eternal (or floette) pokemon to beat it. Because many pokemon have a defensive nature, Sableye can easily break past them. In the next slate, I think you should design another sableye check, which can actually do well in the meta.

However, you could run a pokemon capable of beating it that is non-eternal, but this is the kind of thing where people will gravitate away from that.

I wish I had more replays ( other than the one I posted; evoboost glitch didn’t matter) and I will edit this post with a stall I made, but suffice it to say that I have done testing.

I don’t believe it is a meta defining threat, however. Far too people (that I’ve seen) use it, and it can be 2HKOed by things like a Koko DGleam.

TL;DR- Mega Sableye is unhealthy, and due to the fact that people typically use eternal mons here, a check should be designed. Mega Sableye to A on the VR, possible ban.

Sorry for the headass/short reasoning, I’m tired. Feel free to PM me with issues about my post, and we can edit this to make my post less idiotic, and make a healthier meta going forward. I’ve never played this (or even looked at it) before PMGS, and I’m glad it exsists. Hopefully some more experienced players can back me up/prove me wrong. (Actually, please prove me wrong, I’m on mobile and my reasoning powers now are limited.) Thanks, Magi

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Mega Sableye checks a lot of threats (such as Chingling, Lairon, Eevee, Chansey, and to and extent, Tangela, just to name a few), it’s very hard to break (insert exact bulk here) and requires specific checks. It easily beats the two S-Rank Pokémon in the VR (walls Lairon, forces out Chingling) and many other options. With solid bulk, a decent typing, and reliable recovery, it needs a special non-eternal (or floette) pokemon to beat it. Because many pokemon have a defensive nature, Sableye can easily break past them. In the next slate, I think you should design another sableye check, which can actually do well in the meta.

However, you could run a pokemon capable of beating it that is non-eternal, but this is the kind of thing where people will gravitate away from that.

I wish I had more replays ( other than the one I posted; evoboost glitch didn’t matter) and I will edit this post with a stall I made, but suffice it to say that I have done testing.

I don’t believe it is a meta defining threat, however. Far too people (that I’ve seen) use it, and it can be 2HKOed by things like a Koko DGleam.

TL;DR- Mega Sableye is unhealthy, and due to the fact that people typically use eternal mons here, a check should be designed. Mega Sableye to A on the VR, possible ban.

Sorry for the headass/short reasoning, I’m tired. Feel free to PM me with issues about my post, and we can edit this to make my post less idiotic, and make a healthier meta going forward. I’ve never played this (or even looked at it) before PMGS, and I’m glad it exsists. Hopefully some more experienced players can back me up/prove me wrong. (Actually, please prove me wrong, I’m on mobile and my reasoning powers now are limited.) Thanks, Magi
Nasty Plot Gleam Togetic (which is S rank tbh, the VR just hasn’t been updated) easily busts through Sableye, and the other secret S-rank Magneton also can bust through it with its Z Substitute or Specs sets. Sableye definitely is solid, but I wouldn’t call it unhealthy. Especially when a lot of OU pokemon such as Specs Koko are still ran often.

Also if ur wild you can run rocks on Mold Breaker Crani variants, I guess

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Y'all are worried about Sableye? Y'all do realise Floette-Eternal herself IS legal right? Just checking.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Y'all are worried about Sableye? Y'all do realise Floette-Eternal herself IS legal right? Just checking.
Eh seeing as it really can't scratch Lairon-Eternal (the big boy in town), It's not exactly a prevalent poke

re: stuuful12 x Squawkerz

Both players have scheduled properly but, apparently, they didn't play their game or didn't give me enough information. And considering the issue I addressed below:

result: They'll receive a 7-day extension.

re: lyd x SectoniaServant16

I know it can become a bit biased to make activity calls on myself, but my opponent's wall provides clear evidence that I made my effort in scheduling whereas they didn't. Thus:

result: lyd will receive an activity win.

re: lyd's stupidity

I mistyped the deadline accidentally because I shouldn't host tours sleepy, but since we have many extensions to deal with and I'm not coinflipping anything, I think its okay for the deadline to act as if it was today. If anyone needs further extensions let me know. I promise I will be more careful next time.

result: deadline will be considered as being today

Eternal Pokémon Open
semifinals
Introduction
Hello everyone, and welcome to the first edition of Eternal Pokémon Open. This tournament is a best-of-three format played in the Pet Mod Eternal Pokémon, whose resources can be seen below.

Resources
Thread
Spreadsheet
Teambuilder
When searching up Eternal Pokémon, type "x-eternal" and click the part where it says "No exact match found. The closest matches alphabetically are:". For searching moves, look up the type of the move and it should show up.
Calculator
Viability Rankings
Sample Teams
Role Compendium

Scheduling Tips
1)
Contact your opponent as soon as you can! Mention your time zone, PS! username (if it differs from your account's name), and your availability.
2) Try to give your opponent at least two or three time-options. If you only have 15 minutes on an entire week to play on you shouldn't be signing up in the first place.
3) Try to be specific, "Weekend Afternoons", "After Lunch", or anything similar is likely to fail when it comes to scheduling.

Pairings
(Gravity Monkey vs CreeperDNA) vs. (charizard8888 vs. Chazm)
Flurbel vs. (stuuful12 vs. Squawkerz)
mt0101 vs. lyd

Deadline for semifinals is Wednesday 13th, June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)