EV Training Spots in Black/White

Actually the best thing to do to stall is use an Antidote.

It'll say "But it had no effect!" and your turn will pass without you actually having done anything. And the antidote will NOT have been consumed. I do this all the time.

(i didn't bother trying any other status-ailment healing items, but i'd bet they work the same)
Cool, didn't know that.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No, you can't. You're literally forced to use it first. The only way to avoid getting EVs is to have it die to the first Pokemon the final bosses send out. Against the second, you have Slash which you can spam while you die to Toxic, but against the first you have to use either your Psychic move or Slash and pray not to crit. Your Fusion move may double in power, and of course you shouldn't Dragonbreath.
You can choose to send it to the PC.

This thread is going to be REALLY useful. Sticky?

This thread is very helpful I can finally start EV training the all 5th gen team I wanted to make. This thread should definently be stickied.

you can't use zekrom or reshiram for battle subway/online rated battles(march 30th) anyway, so not like it needs proper nature or EV training for story mode.

also you get 6 pokemon but only 3 pokemon sent out(pokemon stadium style) so even though defense is hard to train for, it wont really be necessary as very few walls get used in 3s anyway.

It'll say "But it had no effect!" and your turn will pass without you actually having done anything. And the antidote will NOT have been consumed. I do this all the time.

(i didn't bother trying any other status-ailment healing items, but i'd bet they work the same)
This also works by using X-items on a pokemon not in battle. It will say that the location is wrong and skip your turn.

Oh alright then. Do you know which house it is? I'm currently EV training my Latios right now in the Celestial Tower.

Also, found it interesting that I was EV training my Latios and after the 15th Litwick I fainted, it grew to level 36. Normally when EV training and defeating that many pokemon in the older games, the stat you were training in would make a large increase (like +15 or +21). This time, it only went up by 4. Anyone know why?
That is because EV's are now applied immediately, and not just at level-ups.

Oh yeah, Mekkah, update the OP with Ancient Castle B6 Floor for a 65% chance of Defense EVs, slightly higher if you have a KOed Lv. 47 Pokemon in the front of your team and use Repels.

It's not even sure they'll be in the DW. They weren't in the Japanese version. (iirc)
Aw man! Are you serious?! Now when you say "not even sure" is it that someone just never came across the different berries yet and we just know they are programed in there or what? Very curious/worried now.

Is there really any good reason to remove berry accessibility? even if they're released on the DW, it sounds like growing may be a pain...

Typical gamefreak, two steps forward than five steps back when it comes to the competitive field. It's like they have different teams that don't communicate when they make these games.

The lack of EV berries is a huge pain for me. I had an Adamant Excadrill throughout my story adventure and was hoping to just EV bomb it in the end. *Sigh*

Aw man! Are you serious?! Now when you say "not even sure" is it that someone just never came across the different berries yet and we just know they are programed in there or what? Very curious/worried now.
There's a high chance that EV berries will be in the DW, just not 100% certain.

^Amazing first post.

Anyway, is there anywhere else to get SpA EVs? Litwick give 1 fucking point, and I don't feel like sitting through that.

^Amazing first post.

Anyway, is there anywhere else to get SpA EVs? Litwick give 1 fucking point, and I don't feel like sitting through that.
I take it you're not using Pokerus and the Power Items?

Your options for a quick, abundant, and weak SpA EV pokemon are very few. I would check Serebii's pokedex for any other pokemon that grant such EVs.

Victory Road with Lv. 40/42 dead Pokemon at party's top and Repels gives you 66% Durants, at 2 Def. EVs apiece.
Can you, or anyone else, explain this to me? Why do you need a dead pokemon and repels? I've never heard anything like this on bulbapedia or anything...

Can you, or anyone else, explain this to me? Why do you need a dead pokemon and repels? I've never heard anything like this on bulbapedia or anything...
When using a repel, it keeps away pokes lower levelled than the poke in the front of your party

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)