Big Everybody Votes Mafia Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Approved by zorbees and askaninjask and shade

Is this great game we play not founded upon the principles of democracy and majority rule? We believe that the supporters of Democracy can root out all evils through cooperation and mutual understanding. And yet, up until now this has only applied to the daily lynch. I know Bill Clinton failed to do the same thing back in the 90s, but we've grown so much as a community and I feel that just like our neighbors over at mafiascumada it's time we enacted our own system of universal night actions. Each night, every player will vote on a list of -VOTE ACTIONS- in the game. Then that action will go through targeting whoever the most people voted for.

Now I know there are many who oppose universal night actions. The Oligarchy wants you to believe that it takes away player input. This couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone will still be able to keep their own night action, and I'm hoping that by having input on more night actions less players will idle. Fascism on the other hand has been spreading nasty rumors about how this will all end in multiple players getting godkilled. I can assure that no godkills will happen in this game (pay no attention to rule 22). Finally, I don't even know how to respond to the notion that this will turn our great community towards Communism. There aren't even any communists in this game, please stop trying to suggest the existence of hidden factions.

Now if we can put our political differences aside, I believe we can all play a fun big game. I want to see 40 good players, but feel free to sign up if you are new as well. This will be an anon forum game.

Sign-Ups
1. starwarsfan
2. Junko Enoshima
3. Upside
4. zorbees
5. askaninjask
6. Walrein
7. Tesung
8. anhlong1122
9. Celever
10. Pidge
11. soul_survivor
12. Cancerous
13. PokeguyNXB
14. shinyskarmory
15. RBG
16. Lightwolf
17. Infinity.Cypher
18. Steven Snype
19. Uncle Sam
20. Jumpluff
21. Yeti
22. Aura Guardian
23. Ditto
24. More Cowbell
25. Paperblade
26. penguin344
27. TinyNinja
28. Obbmud99
29. Marquis
30. Da Letter El
31. Reinfleche
32. Quagsires
33. HD
34. ginganinja
35. Maxim
36. RaRe555
37. Bass
38. Ace Emerald
39. cxinlee
40. General Spoon

Subs
1. Agape
2. Acklow
3. billymills
4. spiresquire

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game.
2. The game will begin on Night 0. There will be no kills on Night 0. During Night 0, no one may paste the entirety of his or her role PM. Role PMs may be freely distributed starting from Day 1. PM vonFiedler for help in faking a role PM.

3. Do not take grammatical errors in PMs as proof of faking. We are human and can make mistakes.

4. The host of this game, vonFiedler, is a notorious liar. This could but doesn't necessarily take the form of insane inspectors or nefarious moles.

4.1 You can paste things told to you by the hosts. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM vonFiedler for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way. You also may not screenshot anything related to the game.

4.2 You may not invite people into game conversations that weren't initially invited.

5. Each Day period will last 48 hours or until a majority is reached. A grace period of two to three hours will be allowed in the latter case.

5.1 First rule about majority, don’t ask about majority. Majority is not dependant on the number of players, but the number of votes, which you don’t know. So don’t ask when majority is gonna be, or how many votes until majority, and if you think it is majority do not tell me. I’d really rather it isn’t discussed at all.

5.2 No stealth lynching. The whole concept behind the lynch is a democratic process where people use discussion to defeat their enemies. Stealth lynching is metagaming, and we will not tolerate it. We will prevent it at our discretion.

6. Each Night period will last 48 hours or until all PMs have been received.

7. During the day you must bold your vote and use Any Word <User>. To change your vote, you must edit your original post and unbold the old vote. You may choose to No Lynch during the day as well, and any votes towards a dead user (if he or she has been godkilled) will count as No Lynch. A tie in the vote will cause neither user to be lynched.

8. You may target dead users with your abilities. We cannot promise that anything will happen.

9. Priorities are set and will be kept secret. Don't even ask about them.

10. There are items in this game. To give away an item, you must add “Giving ITEM to USER” in the host conversation. There is no limit on the number of items you may hold at one time.

11. vonFiedler MUST be informed of any IRC channels or spreadsheet/whatever else you create for this game.

12. IRC is compulsory. You can find vonFiedler on #clandestine under that nick if you have any questions.

13. If you have any questions about the game, you can find vonFiedler on Smogon, ready to be contacted by PM.

14. Submit your night actions through the official SMOGON host conversations. If you do not use a night action, please indicate that you are idling.

15. You HAVE to be active, if you are caught inactive you will be sent a warning PM. If you keep being inactive, you will be subbed out without hesitation, please don't make us do this. :(

16. If a role PM and the rules clash in something, the role PM takes precedence.

17. Please talk to us during the game, we get very lonely it will make for a better postgame! Please give reasons for your actions, this will also help.

18. If you are willing to be a sub for the game in case you do not get selected, you may mention that in your signup post.

19. If you post in the thread when silenced, break a posting restriction, or fail to vote for the person you were persuaded to vote for, you will be godkilled. You are ALLOWED to do this in this game, unlike my other games.

21. The official IRC channel for this game is #clandestine

22. If you have a non-information role, you will not receive a result unless it fails. If you think you should have received a night result but did not, you should contact whichever one of the hosts posted the last update.

Last edited:
I don't have the time for the time-consuming networking at the beginning of a mafia game, so I'm not signing up but rather would like to reserve the first sub spot instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)