Evos for Everyone (Slate 21- Keep it Simple)

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
- Custom Moves: I think that's a cool idea, but to avoid to go too over the top, you could announce when starting a slate about which evolutions can get a move (like you did for custom abilities)

- Evolutions: I think the same as LordHelix: split evos are cool, but some forced normal evolutions slates could be interesting.

LordHelix I hadn't originally planned on letting anything be a split evo, but I'll raise it as an official question.

Questions to consider:

-Should custom moves be allowed? This could create better rock type moves, better bug type moves, etc.

-Should the Normal Evolution and Split Evolution categories be combined to give anything the chance to be a split evo?
- This would let each person decide on whether they wanted to make 1 or 2 evos. The maximum would still be 2, to differentiate from Eevee'd.
- There would still be pokemon that are required to have a split evolution, such as Girafarig.
  • Custom moves should be restricted to clones if they become a thing. Creating new effects for moves takes away focus from the new evolution.
  • I like the original idea of having a normal, split, and pre- evolution each slate.

• Custom moves should be restricted to clones if they become a thing. Creating new effects for moves takes away focus from the new evolution.
  • I like the original idea of having a normal, split, and pre- evolution each slate.
I agree with both of these. Custom/signature moves could be cool but we don't want this to turn into another custom moves pet mod where the original focus could be lost.

Official Post:
After looking over feedback and thinking it over, the following changes the the Pet mod:

-Clones of old moves with new typings. This can help increase the viability of some types with bad moves.

-You now have the option to submit split evolutions for almost anything. There will be some that are forbidden from having a split, and some that are required to have one.

Feel free to change your Dunsparce submissions to a split. Girafarig is required to split.

I'll update the OP later, I'm on mobile right now.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I'll submit on monday but one thing about the OP. It says to not give Mini Lunala Shadow Shield... But "Mini Lunala" already exists. Cosmog.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lol, good point. I was trying to think of a good example and that just came to mind.
Mini Lugia with Multiscale?

Anyway, here's Dunsparce.

Original Pokemon: Dunsparce
New Pokemon Name: Dunstrike
Type:

Ability: Serene Grace / Toxic Glands* / (Infiltrator)
Stats: 105 (+5) / 110 (+40) / 70 / 65 / 70 (+5) / 115 (+70) | (535 BST)
New Moves: Poison Fang, Toxic Spikes, Crunch, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Sudden Strike**
Toxic Glands: Biting Moves badly poison the foe, unless they're immune
Sudden Strike:
|
| 80 BP | 5-8 PP | Dunstrike digs into the ground then speeds towards the foe before they can react. | +2 Priority, Contact, Bite, Mirror, Distance, Nonsky | Tectonic Rage: 160 BP.

Justifications: Dunsparce was based on the Tsuchinoko, which translates as "child of dirt", hence the ground type. The poison type comes from them often being referred to having fangs and venom like a viper's.

Serene Grace comes from Dunsparce, Toxic Glands comes from their venomous bite, and infiltrator because they seem like they should be able to get around things like that. Especially when they dig.

The stats are a little harder to justify. I wanted to make a fast Dunsparce evolution that can be both a TSpikes lead and an offensive status spreader in the same mon. The extra HP are to make it feel less like a mega and more like an evolution.

The new moves are there as biting moves. Toxic Spikes are there to make it the hazard setter. Sudden Strike is an ESpeed clone that is based on the fact that they can jump into the air, then jump again at their opponent, although here they dig underground instead, to make it more ground like.

Competitive: Dunstrike can run around and fulfil a few roles thanks to it's above average speed and, kinda eh attack and bulk. It can run a hazard set with Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rocks, it can run Coil Rest Talk, it can run Body Slam Headbutt flinch spam. It fulfils a lot of decent roles, and while it's stats aren't the best, it's versatility kinda makes up for it.

Sets:
(Bulky Status Spreader)
Dunstrike @ Leftovers
Ability: Toxic Glands
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sudden Strike
- Poison Jab
- Roost
- Ice Fang

(Setup Sweeper)
Dunstrike @ Lum Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Sudden Strike

(Hazard Lead)
Dunstrike @ Focus Sash
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Sudden Strike
- Substitute

Last edited:
Ludicrousity I'm liking the look of Dunstrike, but I have ask you to change it's type to include Normal. Also, in your 3rd sample set, you typed Sunsteel Strike instead of Sudden Strike.

I'm going to open voting in 24 hours. Be sure to get your subs in by then if you are planning to.

EDIT: Be sure to check out our epic new banner

Last edited:

Evolve by leveling up while knowing Dig.
Original Pokemon Name: Dunsparce
New Pokemon Name: Drillsparce
Type: Normal / Ground
Abilities:
Serene Grace / Adaptability / Rattled
Stats: 120 (+20) / 110 (+40) / 90 (+20) / 65 / 85 (+20) / 45 (BST: 515)
New Moves: Stone Edge, Megahorn, Swords Dance, Quick Attack, U-Turn, Dragon Dance, Spikes
Competitive Niche (LC or OU): Acts like a bulky attacker. Has loads of optons ranging from Agility, Swords Dance, Coil, Dragon Dance, and more! Also loads of coverage like Stone Edge, Poison Jab, Megahorn, Aqua Tail, Wild Charge, and Zen Headbutt, with two cool abilities to boot. It can also recover with Roost, and has stuff like Endeavor, Glare, Stealth Rock, Spikes and more.

Original Pokemon Name: Girafarig
Evolve using a Shiny Stone
New Pokemon Name: Girafairy
Type: Fairy / Psychic
Abilities:
Inner Focus / Fairy Aura / Sap Sipper
Stats: 70 / 80 / 65 / 130 (+40) / 65 / 125 (+40) (BST: 535)
New Moves: Moonblast, Focus Blast, Ice Beam, Power Gem, Healing Wish
Competitive Niche (LC or OU): Special sweeper with some neat coverage, Nasty Plot, and the stats and ability to use it. Healing wish is a flavor move that might be usefull.
------------------------------
Evolve using a Dusk Stone
New Pokemon Name: Darafarig
Type: Dark / Psychic
Abilities:
Inner Focus / Dark Aura / Sap Sipper
Stats: 70 / 130 (+50) / 65 / 80 (-10) / 65 / 125 (+40) (BST: 535)
New Moves: Swords Dance, Superpower, Rock Slide, Wild Charge, Memento,
Competitive Niche (LC or OU): Physical sweeper with some neat coverage, Swords Dance, and the stats and ability to use it. Memento is a flavor move that might be usefull.

Evolves into Mew by levelling up with maximum friendship
Original Pokemon Name: Mew
New Pokemon Name: New
Type: Psychic
Ability:
Synchronize
Stats: 70 / 70 / 70 / 70 / 70 / 70 (BST: 420)
Removed Moves: (Is this allowed?) Every move not taught from a TM (includes earlier gens so it has Water Pulse) excluding Pound
Competitive Niche (LC or OU): Acts just like mew would in LC but a bit inferior.

Last edited:
Official Post:

Voting is now open! Sorry that submission phase was so short this time, it was helpful to have a kind of "test slate" to work things out. We are going to do a top 2 vote system with your first vote worth 2 and second worth 1.

Voting template:
Dunsparce: Person's submission, Person 2's submission
Girafarig: Person's submission, Person 2's submission
Mew: Person's submission, Person 2's submission

Yoshiblaze (Dunsparce Split, Girafarig Split)
Origin0 (Dunsparce Evo, Girafarig Split)
ToadBrigade (Dunsparce Evo, Girafarig Split, Mew Prevo)
Charizard8888 (Dunsparce Evo)
Gravity Monkey (Mew Prevo)
Brodaha (Dunsparce Evo, Girafarig Split)
Samtendo09 (Dunsparce Evo, Girafarig Split)
LordHelix (Dunsparce Split)
Dilasc (Dunsparce Evo)
Ludicrousity (Dunsparce Evo)
reagularman (Dunsparce Evo, Girafarig Split, Mew Prevo)

Official Post:

Voting is now open! Sorry that submission phase was so short this time, it was helpful to have a kind of "test slate" to work things out. We are going to do a top 2 vote system with your first vote worth 2 and second worth 1.

Voting template:
Dunsparce: Person's submission, Person 2's submission
Girafarig: Person's submission, Person 2's submission
Mew: Person's submission, Person 2's submission

Yoshiblaze (Dunsparce Split, Girafarig Split)
Origin0 (Dunsparce Evo, Girafarig Split)
ToadBrigade (Dunsparce Evo, Girafarig Split, Mew Prevo)
Charizard8888 (Dunsparce Evo)
Gravity Monkey (Mew Prevo)
Brodaha (Dunsparce Evo, Girafarig Split)
Samtendo09 (Dunsparce Evo, Girafarig Split)
LordHelix (Dunsparce Split)
Dilasc (Dunsparce Evo)
Ludicrousity (Dunsparce Evo)
reagularman (Dunsparce Evo, Girafarig Split, Mew Prevo)

Triple post because I forgot something, rip.

Reviloja753 I can't accept your Girafarig Evo yet because you only submitted one, Girafarig is supposed to be split. If you get it in quickly, I can count it.
AquaticPanic I forgot you said you were subbing today, I'll accept it if it's in by today, really sorry if you miss it.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Triple post because I forgot something, rip.

Reviloja753 I can't accept your Girafarig Evo yet because you only submitted one, Girafarig is supposed to be split. If you get it in quickly, I can count it.
AquaticPanic I forgot you said you were subbing today, I'll accept it if it's in by today, really sorry if you miss it.
You can just follow on with the ote, I don't mind personally

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)