Extreme Hyper Offense (Dual Screens)

Hi. This is my Hyper Offense team. It takes advantage of the Defense Boost provided by Light Screen and Reflect. It's packed with speedy and hard hitting Pokemon that can boost their stats when appropriate.

Azelf @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

This is my first Dual Screener. Azelf's base 115 speed comes in handy as it can put a stop to many another leads thanks to taunt. If I feel that the opposing Pokemon is going to attack, however, I use either Light Screen or reflect. After I get my screens up, I like to use Stealth Rock to make things difficult for the opposing team by building residual damage and breaking sashes.

Latios (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Memento

Yes, I have two dual screeners, in case you couldn't see this coming from my Azelf description. I feel that one dual screener is not enough because some people like to stall out my screens, I don't feel that one screener can support all of these sweepers, and some times people are able to just take one of my screeners out off the bat.

Like Azelf, I use Latios to get off screens. After I get off my screens, I like to use Thunder Wave to cripple the Opposing Pokemon, making it even easier for my team to setup. after all is said and done, I use memento to cripple that Pokemon even further. No one ever sees it coming.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

This is arguably the most valuable Pokemon in my team. However, I make sure to never bring it out unless I have my screens up. After a Shell Smash, there is little that can stop this thing. Thanks to the screens, I can usually take a couple of hits without dying, meaning if the opponent does not have too many Pokemon than can absorb Cloyster's hits or Pokemon with fighting type priority, they are in serious trouble. It is also quite useful for breaking sashes and bulldozing through pesky substitutes

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Salamence is awesome. This is your average moxie mence set. First, I want to say that I am Lum Berry over Life Orb for two reasons. The first is status. I can't take any chances being crippled by burn or paralysis. Toxic is usually not nearly as bad because I still have a chance to sweep. The second reason is that stall teams and teams with solid defensive cores like to slowly wear me down when I wear a life orb. I also find it fun to use it to set up on Ninteales after Azelf taunts it so it can't use will-o-wisp, allowing me to annihilate sun teams that don't have a Mamoswine. After I get a KO and a dragon dance or two, I am almost unstoppable. I picked Dragon Claw over Outrage because I don't like being locked into one attack. To me it usually says, "hey steels, come destroy me"

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Gayardos functions similarly to Salamence on my team. It's a very fearsome moxie/DD sweeper. Gyardos is nice alongside salamece because of the extra coverage. Gyarados can come in on a lot of stuff Salamence can't and vice versa. I then start setting up.

I picked Ice Fang over Stone Edge and Earthquake over Bounce because I need the accuracy. Also, Ice fang is great at dealing with other dragons. I never feel a need for Stone Edge. 80 Accuracy? Bah!

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

And then we have Terrakion. I believe every offensive team needs a fighting type for those pesky Walls such as Chansey, Blissey, and Ferrothorn. Against offensive teams, I can use Rock Polish and the boost from Life Orb to run through them. Against slow, defensive teams, I need the raw power so I go for a Swords Dance. Terrakion's Nice base 108 speed means I can often use him without setting up and it comes in handy when I nee lots of sheer power immediately.

I like the surprise factor youre packing with latios.

I don't see that many flaws with youre team, but keep in mind Im not the most experienced rater, and I've only lightly dabbled in the art of hyper offense.

That being said, you could run full special attack over hp on latios, and run draco meteor over thunderwave or memento, so you can use him to tear holes open later, but you're current set looks fine.
I personally enjoy running life orb on my closters, but white herb makes sense with your description.

otherwise, nice team. I would not like to fight this, it looks scary.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Looks like rain is gonna trample this team,I feel like Breloom is a nice choice over Latios. Azelf and Latios look really wierd and theyre both taunt bait. Go for Deoxys-D over Azelf,thats the only dual screener youll ever need. You lack fast scarfers,and while traditional hyper offense has only setup sweepers,that playstyle is simply no longer effective. Salamence looks like good candidate for your scarf and so does Terrakion. Gyarados is also begging for Substitute and a bulkier EV spread. By the way,Salamence wont lose any key Fire Blast KOs with Jolly,and either way Naive is a better nature for it. Salamence can also run a badass mixed set to break through defensive cores that may rattle your cage. Cloyster could also appreciate a Naive nature with Hydro Pump over Razor shell seeing as your whole team is physical.
Thats all i got for now

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

You have 3 Stealth Rock weak Pokemon and you only have two ways of stopping the opponent from setting them up: the first is Taunting them with Azelf, and since Azelf isn't always on the field, and it isn't always able to stop opposing SR (e.g. Mental Herb Deoxys-D), you won't always be able to stop it. The second is killing the opposing Pokemon before it sets them up and obviously it isn't always possible, especially against a competent opponent. Whenever the opponent lays down SR, 3 of your Pokemon will have a much harder time setting up as they only have 75% of their health, let alone doing a lot of damage afterwards. Honestly, I think that you should be using Espeon instead of Latios. Espeon has the ability Magic Bounce, which stops the opponent from using status move as well as entry hazards against Espeon, which is pretty nice. It allows you to have a tool against opposing SRers, and can also allow you to get an extra layer of Spikes once in a while. While Espeon can't really stop Tyranitar from setting up, it is complete set up fodder for Terrakion so you can take advantage of that easily.

I think that you could be using a more effective Terrakion set. The set you're using is pretty good, however there is one set that is much more effective against offensive teams while being as effective against slower teams. That set is SubSalac. With it, Terrakion can often obtain both the Attack boost and the Speed boost, turning it into a deadly sweeper against offensive teams that will have a hard time handling its coverage, power and Speed. Terrakion is fast enough so it doesn't require the extra Speed boost from Rock Polish, and it's pretty difficult to set up both Swords Dance and Rock Polish, so SubSalac is usually more effective.

Nice team, here's the set you should use:

Espeon @ Light Clay
Magic Bounce
Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~Light Screen
~Reflect
~Psychic
~Hidden Power Fire

Good luck!

Looks like rain is gonna trample this team,I feel like Breloom is a nice choice over Latios. Azelf and Latios look really wierd and theyre both taunt bait. Go for Deoxys-D over Azelf,thats the only dual screener youll ever need. You lack fast scarfers,and while traditional hyper offense has only setup sweepers,that playstyle is simply no longer effective. Salamence looks like good candidate for your scarf and so does Terrakion. Gyarados is also begging for Substitute and a bulkier EV spread. By the way,Salamence wont lose any key Fire Blast KOs with Jolly,and either way Naive is a better nature for it. Salamence can also run a badass mixed set to break through defensive cores that may rattle your cage. Cloyster could also appreciate a Naive nature with Hydro Pump over Razor shell seeing as your whole team is physical.
Thats all i got for now
Excuse me if I sound like a prick, but if this playstyle isn't effective then why are there people who use it and get into the 1700's and even 1800's? That was some good advice though. Thanks.

Hi

You have 3 Stealth Rock weak Pokemon and you only have two ways of stopping the opponent from setting them up: the first is Taunting them with Azelf, and since Azelf isn't always on the field, and it isn't always able to stop opposing SR (e.g. Mental Herb Deoxys-D), you won't always be able to stop it. The second is killing the opposing Pokemon before it sets them up and obviously it isn't always possible, especially against a competent opponent. Whenever the opponent lays down SR, 3 of your Pokemon will have a much harder time setting up as they only have 75% of their health, let alone doing a lot of damage afterwards. Honestly, I think that you should be using Espeon instead of Latios. Espeon has the ability Magic Bounce, which stops the opponent from using status move as well as entry hazards against Espeon, which is pretty nice. It allows you to have a tool against opposing SRers, and can also allow you to get an extra layer of Spikes once in a while. While Espeon can't really stop Tyranitar from setting up, it is complete set up fodder for Terrakion so you can take advantage of that easily.

I think that you could be using a more effective Terrakion set. The set you're using is pretty good, however there is one set that is much more effective against offensive teams while being as effective against slower teams. That set is SubSalac. With it, Terrakion can often obtain both the Attack boost and the Speed boost, turning it into a deadly sweeper against offensive teams that will have a hard time handling its coverage, power and Speed. Terrakion is fast enough so it doesn't require the extra Speed boost from Rock Polish, and it's pretty difficult to set up both Swords Dance and Rock Polish, so SubSalac is usually more effective.

Nice team, here's the set you should use:

Espeon @ Light Clay
Magic Bounce
Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~Light Screen
~Reflect
~Psychic
~Hidden Power Fire

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice.

Hey KillaL!

This is a really good start to an effective and reliable Hyper Offensive Dual Screens team; however, there are a few flaws currently holding it back that I hope to patch! First of all, you lack a steel-type Pokemon. While this may not seem as important in a Hyper-Offensive team, especially one with a Cloyster to check Dragons, upon further inspection you see its important. Opposing Special Dragons manhandle you currently. A Latios basically gets a free kill everytime it switches in sans on a +1 Salamence or Gyarados, but a Scarf Latios makes your life even worse. Hydreigon, while not as common nor threatening, still floats on the same boat since it is a special dragon. Terrakion also pummels you as Latios has no move to hit it and you rely on paralyziation when it could easily Subsitute and 6-0 you. With these things in mind, I really recommend replacing Latios with a Swords Dance Scizor. I know you specificially stated your dislike toward only having one Dual Screens user, but in reality Dual Screens is such a Hyper Offensive playstyle I don't see how you set it up twice. If you set up Dual Screens once and you set up with your frailer sweepers, you'll have the momentum with the rest of your Pokemon. It's a non-issue only having one Dual Screener if it gives you the momentum of the match. Scizor also checks Latios with its powerful Bullet Punch. With a Life Orb and Superpower, Scizor can hurt Skarmory and Ferrothorn badly, opening the door for a sweep for one of your other sweepers. One last change I would like to recommend is swapping out your Salamence for Dragon Dance Dragonite. Dragonite performs the role of a Dragon Dance just as well, and its lower speed is mitigated by priority in ExtremeSpeed. The reason I recommend this is because of your weakness to Electric-Type moves and Venusaur. You obviously chose your sweepers for a reason, so I don't want to replace any of the others ones, but the weakness to opposing Rotom-W and Jolteon is pretty large, so definitely try out Dragonite since its Multiscale allows you to check them and tank their pitifully weak Hidden Power Ice. Dragonite also checks opposing Chlorophyll Venusaur a lot better than Salamence, which you struggle with. Here are the sets:

Scizor @ Life Orb | Technician
Adamant / Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Swords Dance | Bug Bite | Bullet Punch | Superpower

Dragonite @ Lum Berry | Multiscale
Adamant | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance | Outrage | ExtremeSpeed | Fire Punch

Good luck!

Hey KillaL!

This is a really good start to an effective and reliable Hyper Offensive Dual Screens team; however, there are a few flaws currently holding it back that I hope to patch! First of all, you lack a steel-type Pokemon. While this may not seem as important in a Hyper-Offensive team, especially one with a Cloyster to check Dragons, upon further inspection you see its important. Opposing Special Dragons manhandle you currently. A Latios basically gets a free kill everytime it switches in sans on a +1 Salamence or Gyarados, but a Scarf Latios makes your life even worse. Hydreigon, while not as common nor threatening, still floats on the same boat since it is a special dragon. Terrakion also pummels you as Latios has no move to hit it and you rely on paralyziation when it could easily Subsitute and 6-0 you. With these things in mind, I really recommend replacing Latios with a Swords Dance Scizor. I know you specificially stated your dislike toward only having one Dual Screens user, but in reality Dual Screens is such a Hyper Offensive playstyle I don't see how you set it up twice. If you set up Dual Screens once and you set up with your frailer sweepers, you'll have the momentum with the rest of your Pokemon. It's a non-issue only having one Dual Screener if it gives you the momentum of the match. Scizor also checks Latios with its powerful Bullet Punch. With a Life Orb and Superpower, Scizor can hurt Skarmory and Ferrothorn badly, opening the door for a sweep for one of your other sweepers. One last change I would like to recommend is swapping out your Salamence for Dragon Dance Dragonite. Dragonite performs the role of a Dragon Dance just as well, and its lower speed is mitigated by priority in ExtremeSpeed. The reason I recommend this is because of your weakness to Electric-Type moves and Venusaur. You obviously chose your sweepers for a reason, so I don't want to replace any of the others ones, but the weakness to opposing Rotom-W and Jolteon is pretty large, so definitely try out Dragonite since its Multiscale allows you to check them and tank their pitifully weak Hidden Power Ice. Dragonite also checks opposing Chlorophyll Venusaur a lot better than Salamence, which you struggle with. Here are the sets:

Scizor @ Life Orb | Technician
Adamant / Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Swords Dance | Bug Bite | Bullet Punch | Superpower

Dragonite @ Lum Berry | Multiscale
Adamant | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Dragon Dance | Outrage | ExtremeSpeed | Fire Punch

Good luck!
Thanks. It'll try this and see how it works.

I tested this team and I say KEEP THE MENCE for late game sweeps.

That, and your team bows down to those bulky physical walls & phazers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)