Pet Mod EXTREME ROULETTEMONS (Complete for now!)

Red -> Priest
Orange -> Noble
Yellow -> Mage
Green -> Entertainer
Blue -> Soldier
Purple -> Artisan
Pink -> Diplomat
Black -> Rogue
White -> Herald
Gray -> Peasant

Poison -> Unchanged (Rogue is immune)

Toxic -> Unchanged (Rogue is immune)
Burn -> Unchanged (Artisan is immune)
Paralysis -> Unchanged (Herald is immune)
Freeze -> Transformed (Mage is immune)
Sleep -> Unchanged (Priest is immune)
Prankster (assuming we keep at least some old abilities) -> Unchanged (Entertainer is immune)
Powder moves -> Unchanged (Peasant is immune)
Trapped -> Unchanged (Noble is immune)

This is based on Dungeons and Dragons, the Fate franchise and mediaeval fantasy in general.

Example Pokemon:

Priest: Blissey, Comfey, Medicham, Bronzong, Arceus

Basically any Pokemon associated with healing, divinity, worship, temples etc.

Moves include Wish and Judgement

Noble: Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Seaking, Kingler, Slowking, Tsareena, Kingdra, Salazzle, Durant, Vespiqueen, Beedrill

Basically any Pokemon associated with rulership, royalty, government, land ownership, beurocracy etc.

Moves would include Ally Swap, Follow Me and Heavy Slam

Mage: Delphox, Alakazam, Hatterene, Hypno, Shiftree, Mismagius

Basically any Pokemon associated with magic

Moves would include Hypnosis, Trick and Mystical Fire

Entertainer: Mr. Mime, Smeargle, Exploud, Noivern, Meloetta, Oricolco, Bellosom, Bellsprout, Lilligant, Chatot, Bronzong, Chimecho, Primariana

Basically any Pokemon associated with performance art, dancing, music, comedy etc.

Moves would include Sing, Role Play, Dragon Dance and Double Slap

Soldier: Most fighting types, Bisharp, Golurk, Aegislash, Samurott, Decidueye

Basically any Pokemon based on martial arts, warriors, weapons etc.

Moves would like include Power-Up Punch, No Retreat, Bulk Up and Jump Kick

Artisan: Conkeldor, Smeargle, Regigigas, Ariados, Galvantula, Leavanny, Wormadam, Nincada

Basically any Pokemon associated with building, visual art, creation, tools etc.

Moves would include Decorate, Sketch, Wood Hammer and Poltergeist

Diplomat: Stoutland, Guardevoir, Blissey, Luvdisc, Plusle, Minun, Wishiwashi

Basically any Pokemon associated with happiness, community, helping others, relationships etc.

Moves would include Helping Hand, Attract, Charm and Draining Kiss

Rogue: Most dark types, Decidueye, Gengar, Mismagius, Drifblim, Banette, Dusknoir, Chandelure, Trapinch, Dugtrio, Exeggcute, Amoongus, Geodude, Electrode

Basically any Pokemon associated with stealth, surprise, crime, dirty tactics etc.

Most dark moves would fit.

Herald: Unown, Smeargle, Noivern, Chatot, the Lake Trio, Unfeazant, the Regis, Stonejourner, Porygon-Z, Ditto

Basically any Pokemon associated with copying, messages, language, writing, sound, information, teaching etc.

Moves would include Mimic, Instruct and Boomburst

Peasant: Most normal types, Pawniard

Basically any Pokemon associated with ordinary life, the common folk, poverty, mundanity, dirt etc.

Moves include Tackle and Growl

Interactions:

Rogue and Peasant: Thugs and criminals prey on ordinary and vulnerable people.

Peasant and powder: Peasants are used to dust.

Rogue and Soldier: Thugs can't beat real warriors and warriors often join the watch to police crime.

Rogue and Mage: To beat a wizard, catch them by surprise. Assassins and thieves are good at that.

Mage and Mage: "Magic must defeat magic!" - Uncle, Jackie Chan Adventures

Soldier and Soldier: Soldiers are trained to protect themselves from other soldiers.

Mage and Noble: It takes something out of the ordinary to topple a government.

Noble and Priest: The government can pressure the church to declare their divine right to rule.

Priest and Rogue: Priests can convert criminals to a better life of repentance.

Priest and sleep: Priests can continue to commune with their god in their dreams.

Rogue and Poison/Toxic: They are too used to dealing with poison in their assassinations.

Mage and Transformed: If turned into something immobile, they can magically turn themselves back again.

Noble and Herald: The government can force the media to print propoganda.

Herald and Priest: Propaganda can really hurt churches who depend on the support of the citizens.

Noble and Diplomat: Diplomats cannot afford to offend governments.

Diplomat and Soldier: A diplomat who makes a mistake trying to avert a war is defenceless against an angry general.

Diplomat and Entertainer: Diplomats are experts at manipulating the way they want things portrayed by the entertainment industry.

Entertainer and Soldier: The pen is mightier than the sword. Calm the violent heart with a song. Use patriotic war songs to get warriors on your side.

Entertainer and Artisan: Entertainers inspire artisens to build what they want them to build.

Entertainer and Prankster: They already know all the pranks.

Herald and Paralysis: You don't need to move to shout out the news.

Artisan and Noble: Kingdoms are toppled by the craftsman's siege engines.

Artisan and Burn: They are used to the fire of the forge.

Noble and Trapped: Nobles can rule without leaving their castles. They even enter their castles for safety, as seen in Chess

Edit: Added trapped.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Minor announcement but I've added a few spreadsheets! There's a lot that's going to change with them because of how early-on we are into the mod, but I still felt like sharing them so everyone knows they're here.

Here's the EXTREME ROULETTEMONS RANDOM POKEMON GENERATOR. This isn't that important but for those who want to see examples of random Pokemon as we progress, you can use this. As of right now, there's very little difference from the base format's randomization spreadsheet.
Here's the EXTREME ROULETTEMONS METAGAME SPREADSHEET. This will have data on everything you need to know to get into the meta - the type chart, Pokemon, moves, abilities, and items. There's two Pokemon tabs, one of which is meant for viewing and the other is meant for programmers to make using the SS2PD tool easier to use. As it stands, only the chart with unnamed types and two moves are filled out.

As for those two moves, might as well share them...
Primary Burst - 90 BP, 100 Acc, 16 PP / Gray-type, Universal / "Goes off of the user's higher attacking stat. Type changes to match user's primary type."
Secondary Burst - 90 BP, 100 Acc, 16 PP / Gray-type, Universal / "Goes off of the user's higher attacking stat. Type changes to match user's secondary type."

Already mentioned these would exist earlier but might as well add them to the spreadsheet now. I might change the names later if I can come up with anything better but outright stating that they're STAB moves in the name will probably be nice.

Anyways, that's all I have to say for this post. As a reminder, there's around 72 hours until submissions end, although if we don't get any more posts within the next 24 hours then I'm going to shorten it from 72 to 48. Next time I post will be a 24 hour warning as well as a review of certain subs. 8 charts is quite a lot for how much effort has to go into some of the more cohesive charts, and I'm very happy you all are so interested in this mod. I'll see you all then!

"Solid" is now "Hard"
typechart2.png
Red -> Time
Orange -> Abstract
Yellow -> Culture
Green -> Shadow
Blue -> Soul
Purple -> Mind
Pink -> Light
Black -> Tech
White -> Hard
Gray -> Wild

Wild - Related to nature and animals - wild pokemon would be based on animals or possibly plants
:bw/raticate: :bw/swellow: :bw/mightyena: :bw/leavanny:
ramron.png

Tech - Related to machines - tech pokemon are mechanical or robotic
:xy/magearna: :bw/klinklang: :bw/magneton: :xy/melmetal:
electritar.png

Culture - Related to civilization - culture pokemon would look like clothing, art, or other cultural artifacts
:xy/meloetta-pirouette: :xy/doublade: :xy/alcremie: :xy/tapu lele:
panthee.png

Abstract - Related to math, geometry, and logic - abstract pokemon would be heavily geometric, or symbolic
:xy/porygon-z: :xy/cresselia: :xy/unown: :xy/sigilyph:
scorpita.png

Hard - Related to hard, durable substances - solid pokemon are made of stone, metal, or similar materials
:xy/registeel: :xy/avalugg: :xy/gigalith: :xy/exeggutor:
giranium.png

Time - Related to the passage of time - time pokemon might look like timekeeping devices, relate to temporal cycles of nature (day/night, seasons), or relate to mortality
:xy/dialga: :xy/sawsbuck-autumn: :xy/cofagrigus: :xy/lunatone:
Light - Related to physical light - Light pokemon would either generate light or manipulate it in some way (i.e. reflective, iridescent)
:xy/lanturn: :xy/starmie: :xy/volbeat: :xy/necrozma:
flamepion.png

Mind - Related to intelligence and thinking - Mind pokemon would likely have the third eye motif, be more humanoid in appearance, or have massive crania
:xy/uxie: :ss/calyrex: :xy/espeon: :ss/slowking-galar:
brawnkey.png

Shadow - Related to actual shadows as well as stealth and secrecy - shadow pokemon would be dark in color and represent things that are sneaky
:xy/gengar: :xy/umbreon: :xy/thievul: :xy/sableye:
ninjoth.png

Soul - Related to non-physical essence of living things - soul pokemon would be ethereal ghosts and spirits
:xy/shedinja: :xy/spiritomb: :xy/marshadow: :xy/cursola:
dropacle.png
Tech >>> Wild - Technology conquers nature
Tech >>> Culture - Technology often forces culture to change
Culture >>> Abstract - Laws, customs, and values are all abstract
Culture >><< Culture - Cultures coming into contact with each other invariably causes big changes to both
Abstract >>> Time - Abstract concepts are timeless
Abstract >>> Hard - Things that are physically grounded have trouble hurting things that are abstract
Abstract >>> Light - Light is a fundamental physical constant, so same idea as above
Hard >>> Time - Stone and some metals can last thousands of years without changing too much
Hard <<>> Solid - Solid objects are resilient to bludgeoning from other solid objects
Time >>> Tech - Machines break down, technology becomes obsolete
TIme >>> MInd - Similarly, minds become tired, and require sleep. Mortality is a fundamental fear of intelligent beings
Mind >>> Abstract - Minds fundamentally work with abstract concepts
Light >>> Shadow - Light dispels shadows, reveals things that are hidden
Light <<>> Light - Light passes right through other light
Shadow >>> Mind - Things that are hidden or obscured are hard to understand and can be frightening
Shadow >>> Soul - Things related to darkness like uncertainty, fear, and secrecy, can compromise spiritual well-being
Soul >>> Light - Light is a fundamental physical constant, souls are ethereal
Soul >>> Mind - The soul often considered a more fundamental aspect of one's being than the mind. Ghosts are scary
Soul <<>> Soul - Souls tend to interact by way of the things they are attached to, not directly with each other
Soul ||>> Tech - Spirits are connected to living things and completely non-physical, so physical machines can't interact with them

Poison/Toxic --> Banishment/Strong Banishment - Banished from the battlefield, pokemon take damage if they remain there.
Culture and Light are immune - Things people believe or have seen cannot simply be made to go away.
Freeze --> Petrify - The pokemon is fully encased in stone so it can't move until it breaks free.
Shadow is immune - You can't render a shadow immobile, it will move if the light source moves around it.
Paralysis --> Ensnare - Tangled in ropes, vines, or simialr objects. Doesn't completely immobilize, but hampers movement.
Light is immune - Light can be absorbed or reflected, but not slowed.
Burn --> Possessed - A harmful spirit attacks the pokemon, causing damage and sapping strength.
Soul is immune - spirits attach to corporeal beings, not each other.
Powder --> Enchantment - Magic that alters the nature of a thing
Abstract is immune - Abstract concents are too fundamental and immutable to be altered in such a way
Sleep --> Terror - Pokemon is immobilized by fear
Not really a necessary change but I think it makes more sense and fits the tone of the others better

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
Alright, 24 hours remain until voting starts. Until then, time for a little sub review! I may jsut ask questions to get your thoughts rolling and clarify on some things the voters would be able to use in favor of or against this mod. Not going to be reviewing my own subs but if anyone has anything to add, wants to review mine, or has any repsonses to any questions, feel free to post. I won't be giving any ideas for replacement names for types I don't think fit because of how much I have to cover but someone else is more than welcome to do that as well, or ask me afterwards in the Roulettemons Discord.

First off, I want to say that I think it's best if a type chart makes full sense, or at least makes as much sense as possible. This mod is already going to be by far the most difficult to get into; in order to even look at the spreadsheet to see what a Pokemon can do, you'll need to know what at least 17 moves do or may end up absolutely screwing yourself in a given match. Every time you calc something, there might be some huge boosting item or ability, and you'll want to know of both of those as well. The type chart is probably going to be the most complex part of this mod to learn, and making things as easy as possible for the players would be fantastic. I could see someone disagreeing and saying that a fully random or out-of-wack type chart would fit the nature of this mod, and that by joining people should understand that this mod will not be very easy to learn, but I just disagree.

also side note but i forgot you can rename sleep and i also forgot that trapping immunity was a thing so will probably just leave it with no immunities although would be open to randomly giving it to one of the ten types

Super Smash Bros. Types

Red -> Mario
Orange -> Metroid
Yellow -> Pokemon
Green -> Yoshi
Blue -> StarFox
Purple -> DK
Pink -> Kirby
Black -> Mother
White -> Zelda
Gray -> F-Zero

Totally non-sensical, but I feel like it's kind of the point with a 'roulette' meta (fun fact: I actually RNGed the order of these to get with the roulette idea).
This isn't a cohesive type chart as opposed to just being a random one, so I won't say anything about the matchups themselves. I'm allowing you to make more type charts so if you want to keep this one, I'd like you to consider making a cohesive one as well, since it seems just about universally agreed upon that having cohesion is the way to go and it may not do well in voting by default. As for questions if you want to stick with this idea, how would you think Pokemon would look with this? Would they be based on the enemies or characters of their respective games, or do you have something different in mind? How would you determine the names of moves in a way that would be related to the series, if they were to have any correlation at all?

Types:
Red = Arid
Orange = Acid
Yellow = Liquid
Green = Cold
Blue = Heat
Purple = Moist
Pink = Treatment
Black = Wind
White = Natural
Gray = Solid

Statuses:
They all just fit themselves already.
I feel as though Solid, Acid, and Heat could be replaced with better things. Wind beating Solid doesn't make sense for me no matter which meaning you use. Solids are the densest state and would be the furthest to blow away with wind because of that, and tougher objects like what Scoop did for his type chart would probably make less sense for those. I personally would think Liquid would lose to Acid, but could see someone explaining why I'm wrong here. When I think of those two things, I think of the ocean being acidified by human activity, although that clearly has shown the ocean's resilience to it. I also don't really see how it interacts with Moist. Heat losing to Cold doesn't make sense to me, since the cold is just an absence of heat. I also have no idea how it beats Treatment, and I don't really see how it's immune to Wind since the wind has a pretty clear effect on the heat.

Everything else makes sense but some pretty substantial changes may be needed here.

View attachment 329463
[/hide]

Red -> Envy
Orange -> Pride
Yellow -> Wrath
Green -> Greed
Blue -> Gluttony
Purple -> Lust
Pink -> Purity
White -> Sloth
Black -> Might
Gray -> Divine

Poison -> Anger (Wrath, Purity)
Toxic -> Rage (Wrath, Purity)
Burn -> Hunger (Gluttony)
Paralysis -> Attraction (Lust)
Freeze -> Debt (Greed)

Divine: Pokemon that are seen as mythical (not necessarily legendary) and have special qualities that put them above other pokemon. They do not really affect or are affected by the other types, except for Might.
  • Weak to Might: Classic trope of a strong/strong willed individual challenging divine beings
Might: Pokemon that are strong, whether in physical strength (most common), mental fortitude, or in willpower.
  • SE on Divine: see Divine
  • SE on Wrath: The mighty warrior can take down a rampaging beast
  • DNE Gluttony: Even the strongest warrior cannot budge a gluttonous creature due to their weight (kind of a stretch)
  • Weak to Envy: Basic supervillain plotline, weak character is envious of the superhero's strength so they devise a scheme to defeat them
Wrath: Pokemon that are angry, destructive, uncontrollable, etc.
  • SE on Pride: WIP
  • Weak to Might: see Might
  • Self Weak: Two angry creatures will fight each other
Pride: Pokemon that are prideful, leaders, overconfident, etc.
  • SE on Envy: Pride overshadows Envy
  • SE on Sloth: Prideful people will control the lazy people, force them to act
  • SE on Purity: Prideful people will manipulate the pure hearted
  • Weak to Wrath: WIP, see Wrath
  • Weak to Lust: big boba
Sloth: Pokemon that are slow, lazy, sleepy, etc.
  • SE on Envy: Lazy people have nothing to be envious of
  • Self Resist: Two lazy opponents wont do anything to each other
  • Weak to Pride: see Pride
Envy: Pokemon that are jealous, use trickery, etc.
  • SE on Might: see Might
  • SE on Lust: envious of big boba
  • Weak to Sloth: see Sloth
Lust: Pokemon that are attractive, romantic, etc. :blobglare: (note: this fits better than the original meaning)
  • SE on Pride: see Pride
  • Weak to Envy: see Envy
  • Weak to Greed: money provides big boba
  • Weak to Gluttony: no big boba, only food
Gluttony: Pokemon that are hungry, eat food, food based, etc.
  • SE on Lust: see Lust
  • SE on Purity: WIP
  • Self Resist: Gluttony is already hungry, would not have much effect
  • Immune to Might: see Might
  • Weak to Greed: Money provides food
Greed: Pokemon that are greedy, based on money, etc.
  • SE on Gluttony: see Gluttony
  • Weak to Purity: Robin Hood
Purity: Pokemon that are pure hearted, kind, innocent, etc.
  • SE on Greed: see Greed
  • Self Resist: Pure pokemon would not want to harm another
  • Weak to Gluttony: WIP, see Gluttony
Statuses
  • Anger and Rage: The pokemon becomes angry, causing them to lose themselves over time. Wrath is already angry, and Pure pokemon cannot be moved by anger.
  • Hunger: The pokemon becomes hungry, causing them to starve and become weak over time. Gluttonous pokemon are already hungry.
  • Attraction: Big boba causes pokemon to become frozen in awe.
  • Debt: The pokemon is stuck in debt, and wants to get free.

The only explanations I am missing are
  • Wrath SE on Pride
  • Gluttony SE on Purity
Pretty good, well thought out type chart here, so I'm going to nitpick some. Might being weak to Envy feels like it should be the other way around given your explanation, since in those supervillain plotlines, the hero almost always ends up winning. I also don't really understand Gluttony vs Lust. Some of these may be difficult to come up for move names for, although I'm sure you'd be able to explain some possible ideas. As for your two missing explanations, maybe the idea of Gluttony could tarnish one's Purity, and maybe someone being overly Prideful could piss someone off for Wrath? I dunno, just throwing out ideas.

Red = Heat
Orange = Abyss
Yellow = Nature
Green = Shine
Blue = Magic
Purple = Gloom
Pink = Wind
Black = Artificial
White = Mineral
Gray = Beast

Poison, Toxic Poison, and Sleep stay the same
Burn = Hex
Paralysis = Exhaust
Freeze = Blind

Gloom is like if you combined the vibes of ghost and bug, sort of a "subterranean creatures" type.
There's no explanations here although we might have talked about this on Discord, so I may have just forgotten a lot of them. As it stands though, I don't really understand what an Abyss type means, so I can't touch on how it would interact with the other types. What kind of Pokemon would make it up? Are there any examples you have of existing ones, and if not, could you explain some designs as examples? This might also be a point against the type's name and might imply that it could be better changed. Also, is there an explanation yet for Shine being strong against Magic? I don't really have much else to say otherwise though, not bad.

Red -> Citizens
Orange -> Clergy
Yellow -> Occult
Green -> Merchants
Blue -> Royals
Purple -> Peasants
Pink -> Knights
Black -> Criminals
White -> Artists
Gray -> Travellers

Poison -> Curse
(Occult & Knights are immune)
Toxic -> Hex (Occult & Knights are immune)
Burn -> Hunger (Royals are immune)
Paralysis -> Wound (Knights are immune)
Freeze -> Debt (Merchants are immune)
Sleep -> Illness
Powder moves are now "miracles" I guess

My types are based of hierarchic roles during the late middle-ages/early renaissance. I started by putting "Royal" on blue and everything just kinda happened to fit from there. If think most of the weaknesses make sense, the only logical problems i see are typings that should interact but don't really, but tbh I think its fine as is rn.
I like the idea for this a lot even beyond the concept, all of these mesh really well together while also being distinct from one another from a unique place. A few matchups I don't understand are Peasants beating Clergy, Merchants beating Royal, and Artists against either of their matchups honestly.

My biggest question, though - how do we design Pokemon for this? Like, what would define a Pokemon as a certain type? Things like Royal, Knight, and Clergy are somewhat obvious, but a lot of these aren't really for me. This isn't an issue so much as something that just needs answered since we would likely have the "display types on switchin" code. Also, to be certain, I don't think these would be humans as opposed to Pokemon with these properties, right? Because if they'd be human then that'd honestly kill the idea for me; I really want to explore what a meta of Pokemon of different types would look like visually.

Otherwise, though, a really cool and unique idea for a type chart. I dig this.

Red -> Vampire
Orange -> Solar
Yellow -> Shade
Green ->Fungi
Blue -> Mineral
Purple -> Cave
Pink -> Arid
Black -> Mirror
White -> Wood
Gray -> Magic

Poison -> Wither (new name, should be related to Shade and Arid)
Toxic -> Decay (new name, should be related to Shade and Arid)
Burn -> Crystalize (new name, should be related to Mineral)
Paralysis -> Fatigue (new name, should be related to Cave and Arid)
Freeze -> Infected (new name, should be related to Fungi)
Sleep -> Sleep (old name)
Powder -> Thermal (new name, should be related to Solar)

Vampire

Vampire is weak to Solar for Vampires burning in the sun, and weak to Wood for Vampires being defeated by wooden stakes. It is strong against Mirror because they don't have reflections and strong against Cave because they can turn into bats. Vampire Types could be designed afetr blood-sucking animals and actual vampires

Vanilla Examples of pokémon who fit the type:
:bw/beautifly::bw/gorebyss::bw/gliscor::bw/eelektross:

Solar

Solar is weak to Shade because the sun cannot touch shadows, and weak to Cave because the sun does not reach caves. It is strong against Vampire for burning them, Wood for burning them and Arid for deteriorating the soil. Solar Types could be designed after incarnations of the Sun, heat and creatures who otherwise are sun-related, such as basking lizards and some plants.

:bw/sunflora::bw/solrock::bw/cherrim-sunshine::bw/volcarona:View attachment 329551View attachment 329550

Shade

Shade is weak to Mirror because shadows can be reflected, and weak to itself because combining two shadows will only make it stronger. It is strong against Solar because the Sun cannot touch shadows. Shade Types could be designed after cursed shadows.

:bw/gengar::bw/giratina-origin::bw/cofagrigus:View attachment 329555View attachment 329554

Fungi

Fungi is weak to Arid because they need humid environments to thrive. It is strong against Caves because caves are usually humid and dark, giving the perfect conditions for them to live in, and strong against Mineral because they can deteriorate the minerals. Fungi Types could be mostly based on Mushrooms and Moss.

:bw/parasect::bw/breloom::bw/amoonguss::bw/ferrothorn:View attachment 329556

Mineral

Mineral is weak to Fungi because fungus can deteriorate minerals. They are strong against Cave because they are usually located inside caves, and against Arid because mineral salt can be used to help treat the soil. They are immune to Mirror because Minerals are typically already reflective. Mineral Types could vary from non-mechanic metallic beings to crystal creatures.

:bw/steelix::bw/sableye::bw/glalie::bw/cofagrigus::bw/gigalith:View attachment 329564View attachment 329565View attachment 329566

Cave

Cave is weak to Fungi because caves give them perfect conditions to spread, to Vampire because they can turn into Bats, and to Mineral because they're where minerals are most usually formed. It is strong against Solar because the sun cannot reach caves. Cave Types could be designed after cave dwellers, both real and mythological

:bw/crobat::bw/exploud::bw/sableye::bw/excadrill::bw/galvantula::bw/druddigon:View attachment 329568

Arid

Arid is weak to Solar because the scorching sun deteriorates the soil futher, and to Mineral because Saltes can help to get rid of arid soil. It is strong against Fungi because Fungi cannot grow in places with low humidity. Arid Types could be based on the cracked soil and on desert creatures.

:bw/arbok::bw/golem::bw/cacturne::bw/flygon::bw/cacturne::bw/hippowdon::bw/drapion::bw/krookodile::bw/maractus:View attachment 329551

Mirror

Mirror is weak to Vampires because they don't have reflections, and has no effect on Mineral because they're often already reflective. Mirror is super-effective against Shade because shadows can be reflected, and to Magic becauseof the popular trope of magic being reflected back at the user. Mirror Types would be pokémon who represent the concept of Reflection or Imitation in some way.

:bw/electrode::bw/ditto::bw/sudowoodo::bw/wobbuffet::bw/chatot:
View attachment 329555

Wood

Wood is weak to Solar because wood burns with too much heat, and strong against Vampire because of wooden stakes. Wood Types would be mostly made of trees, as well as beings who are either made of wood or use wooden tools.

:bw/exeggutor::bw/shiftry::bw/tropius::bw/timburr:

Magic

Magic is weak against Mirror because of the trope ofmagic being reflected back at the attacker, and neutral against everything else because of Magic being very versatile on its spells. Magic Types would either be creatures who do magic or who are in some way related to magic.

:bw/murkrow::bw/mismagius:View attachment 329574View attachment 329575View attachment 329576

Wither and Decay end this destiny

Simillar to poison, only with the idea that Arid mons would be more resilient due to their harsher living conditions and Shade because you can't decay a shade.

Crystalize

The idea is that the Pokémon's body would be either start being covered in crystals or being turned into crystals itself. It halves Attack for the lack of control over a sudden unusual body change, and Mineral is immune to it because they are already Crystals.

Fatigue

Related to the idea that Cavernous places and Deserts are harder to live on and tire you out faster if you are not prepared, leading to lower negery (Speed) and exaustion (Skips a turn).

Infected

Related to the idea of a fungus infecting a body and rendering it unable to fight.

Thermal

The Sun would overpower whatever is trying to change the temperature.
Like I said to you before, this is a very easy to understand and well-explained type chart. The one thing that may not be the most obvious to a newcomer is the distinction between Cave and Mineral, but I think Cave being based around cave dwellers makes enough sense. My one question is this - how do we plan on making Mirror-type moves? I have no other questions or complaints otherwise; this would likely be my personal #1 vote as it currently stands, although that might change as things get explained further.

Red -> Flow
Orange ->Patch
Yellow ->Break
Green -> Shock
Blue -> Relief
Purple -> Pressure
Pink -> Stress
Black -> Improvement
White -> Drain
Gray -> Sameness

Poison -> Stress (Break and Stress are immune)

Toxic -> Dire Stress (Break and Stress are immune)
Burn -> Pacify (Relief is immune)
Paralysis -> trapped (Pressure is immune)
Freeze -> Shocked (Shock is immune)
Sleep -> Dozing

Okay so this is all very weird and abstract. I feel as though there needs to be a better explanation to all of this so uhh I can try.

Flow in this case refers to more of a steady flow, that can't really be changed. On top of that going with the flow can alleviate pressure from someone. However you patch the flow in, it can't really go anywhere. You drain a flow and well it gets drained.

As stated before if you patch a flow it can't really go anywhere. However if you break off the patch then it becomes useless. Put to much pressure on a patch and it'll become useless.

Break in this case refers to breaking something. If you break is strong against itself because if you keep breaking something that is broken you just break it even more and leave it in a worse state. Improvement is strong against break because if you improve something to be better prepared against a break, then the break will do less damage. An improvement can stop breaks. Anyway why is Break immune to the Stress status conditions? The answer is that breaking things can help people relieve stress by allowing them to express that stress in a violent manner.

Shock is not referring to electricity in this case but more of the emotion of being shocked. Shock can cause pressure or break someone out of it, and likewise a great enough shock can disturb the relief of anyone.

Relief is strong against pressure and stress for the same reason really. With enough relief you stop being stressed and the pressure upon you is reduced. Likewise relief is strong against itself because if you become more relieved you're still relieved. Nothing really changes that much.

Pressure is a fun one because it can refer to the pressure placed upon a person or the physical pressure gravity brings. Also I've already explained it through the other types.

Stress is very similar to pressure in concept, however you might wonder why it resists itself. It's like this, if one thing is making you stressed and other thing is making you stressed the two things aren't in competition. It's not a matter of, "This is stressing me out more than the other thing" and more of a matter of "Holy shit both of these things are stressing me the fuck out! Christ on a bike this is awful!". Thus in my mind I view stress being resistant against itself rather than strong against itself. As for why it's strong against shock, stress can often be the source of shock. If someone who's stressed takes expresses their emotions in a nontraditional manner it will often illicit shock. If someone dies from stress the news of the death can cause shock to various people.

Improvement is one of the weirdest typings. Already explained the relationship it has with break, and improvement vs sameness is pretty obvious, but what about Improvement Vs Relief. Well my justification is that as life improves, as we improve, in theory relief would become something that is more attainable and when you're relieved you don't feel the need to improve. That's my idea behind it anyway.

Drain's main match ups are against patch and flow. Drain a flow and it gets redirected, put a patch over a drain and it becomes useless. Pretty simple.

Sameness: Improvement beats it for obvious reasons and it's neutral against everything else because it really isn't effecting anything. It's leaving things as they are.
This one stands out a lot to me for its concept, and I can definitely see abstract concepts working. The entire type chart made a lot of sense to me even at a glance. My big issue arises with how difficult it may be to make these into Pokemon. I can see how you can do double meanings like using water for Flow for example, but I don't understand how you'd make Pokemon for Improvement, Drain, Stress, or Patch. This is a pretty cool one though, I'd like this one a lot if not for that issue.

Red -> Priest
Orange -> Noble
Yellow -> Mage
Green -> Entertainer
Blue -> Soldier
Purple -> Artisen
Pink -> Diplomat
Black -> Rogue
White -> Herald
Gray -> Peasant

Burn -> Unchanged (Artisen is immune)
Prankster (assuming we keep at least some old abilities) -> Unchanged (Entertainer is immune)

This is based on Dungeons and Dragons, the Fate franchise and mediaeval fantasy in general.

Example Pokemon:

Priest: Blissey, Comfey, Medicham

Noble: Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Seaking, Kingler, Slowing, Tsareena, Kingdra, Salazzle

Mage: Delphox, Alakazam, Hatterene, Hypno

Entertainer: Mr. Mime, Smeargle, Exploud, Noivern, Meloetta, Oricolco, Bellosom, Bellsprout, Lilligant, Chatot

Soldier: Most fighting types, Bisharp, Golurk, Aegislash

Artisen: Conkeldor, Smeargle, Regigigas

Diplomat: Stoutland, Guardevoir, Blissey, Luvdisc

Rogue: Most dark types

Herald: Unown, Smeargle, Noivern, Chatot, the Lake Trio, Unfeazant

Peasant: Most normal types

Interactions:

Rogue and Soldier: Thugs can't beat real warriors and warriors often join the watch to police crime.

Rogue and Mage: To beat a wizard, catch them by surprise. Assassins and thieves are good at that.

Soldier and Soldier: Soldiers are trained to protect themselves from other soldiers.

Noble and Priest: The government can pressure the church to declare their divine right to rule.

Priest and sleep: Priests can continue to commune with their god in their dreams.

Rogue and Poison/Toxic: They are too used to dealing with poison in their assassinations.

Mage and Transformed: If turned into something immobile, they can magically turn themselves back again.

Herald and Priest: Propaganda can really hurt churches who depend on the support of the citizens.

Diplomat and Soldier: A diplomat who makes a mistake trying to avert a war is defenceless against an angry general.

Diplomat and Entertainer: Diplomats are experts at manipulating the way they want things portrayed by the entertainment industry.

Entertainer and Soldier: The pen is mightier than the sword. Calm the violent heart with a song. Use patriotic war songs to get warriors on your side.

Entertainer and Artisen: Entertainers inspire artisens to build what they want them to build.

Artisen and Noble: Kingdoms are toppled by the craftsman's siege engines.

Artisen and Burn: They are used to the fire of the forge.

Noble and Trapped: Nobles can rule without leaving their castles. They even enter their castles for safety, as seen in Chess

Kinda similar to Gravity Monkey's, although his is more medival themed as opposed to yours being more fantasy world. There's a lot of explanations here that make sense but do need some explanation, which could be a point against it but is fine by me; Pokemon itself does this quite a bit. Don't really have much to say, pretty good.

Although one thing - I thought the spelling was "Artisan." Is this a regional thing? If not then that will probably need changed.

Red -> Time
Orange -> Abstract
Yellow -> Culture
Green -> Shadow
Blue -> Soul
Purple -> Mind
Pink -> Light
Black -> Tech
White -> Solid
Gray -> Wild

Wild - Related to nature and animals - wild pokemon would be based on animals or possibly plants
:bw/raticate: :bw/swellow: :bw/mightyena: :bw/leavanny: View attachment 329968

:xy/magearna: :bw/klinklang: :bw/magneton: :xy/melmetal: View attachment 329969

Culture - Related to civilization - culture pokemon would look like clothing, art, or other cultural artifacts
:xy/meloetta-pirouette: :xy/doublade: :xy/alcremie: :xy/tapu lele: View attachment 329970

Abstract - Related to math, geometry, and logic - abstract pokemon would be heavily geometric, or symbolic
:xy/porygon-z: :xy/cresselia: :xy/unown: :xy/sigilyph: View attachment 329971

Solid - Related to hard, durable substances - solid pokemon are made of stone, metal, or similar materials
:xy/registeel: :xy/avalugg: :xy/gigalith: :xy/exeggutor: View attachment 329972

Time - Related to the passage of time - time pokemon might look like timekeeping devices, relate to temporal cycles of nature (day/night, seasons), or relate to mortality
Light - Related to physical light - Light pokemon would either generate light or manipulate it in some way (i.e. reflective, iridescent)
:xy/lanturn: :xy/starmie: :xy/volbeat: :xy/necrozma: View attachment 329973
Mind - Related to intelligence and thinking - Mind pokemon would likely have the third eye motif, be more humanoid in appearance, or have massive crania
:xy/uxie: :ss/calyrex: :xy/espeon: :ss/slowking-galar: View attachment 329974
Shadow - Related to actual shadows as well as stealth and secrecy - shadow pokemon would be dark in color and represent things that are sneaky
:xy/gengar: :xy/umbreon: :xy/thievul: :xy/sableye: View attachment 329975
Soul - Related to non-physical essence of living things - soul pokemon would be ethereal ghosts and spirits
:xy/shedinja: :xy/spiritomb: :xy/marshadow: :xy/cursola:View attachment 329976
Culture >><< Culture - Cultures coming into contact with each other invariably causes big changes to both
Abstract >>> Solid - Things that are physically grounded have trouble hurting things that are abstract
Abstract >>> Light - Light is a fundamental physical constant, so same idea as above
Solid >>> Time - Stone and some metals can last thousands of years without changing too much
Solid <<>> Solid - Solid objects are resilient to bludgeoning from other solid objects
TIme >>> MInd - Similarly, minds become tired, and require sleep. Mortality is a fundamental fear of intelligent beings
Shadow >>> Mind - Things that are hidden or obscured are hard to understand and can be frightening
Shadow >>> Soul - Things related to darkness like uncertainty, fear, and secrecy, can compromise spiritual well-being
Soul >>> Mind - The soul often considered a more fundamental aspect of one's being than the mind. Ghosts are scary
Soul <<>> Soul - Souls tend to interact by way of the things they are attached to, not directly with each other
Soul ||>> Tech - Spirits are connected to living things and completely non-physical, so physical machines can't interact with them

Poison/Toxic --> Banishment/Strong Banishment - Banished from the battlefield, pokemon take damage if they remain there.
Culture and Light are immune - Things people believe or have seen cannot simply be made to go away.
Freeze --> Petrify - The pokemon is fully encased in stone so it can't move until it breaks free.
Shadow is immune - You can't render a shadow immobile, it will move if the light source moves around it.
Paralysis --> Ensnare - Tangled in ropes, vines, or simialr objects. Doesn't completely immobilize, but hampers movement.
Burn --> Possessed - A harmful spirit attacks the pokemon, causing damage and sapping strength.
Abstract is immune - Abstract concents are too fundamental and immutable to be altered in such a way
Not really a necessary change but I think it makes more sense and fits the tone of the others better
Pretty close to being another good type chart but I have a few complaints here. I really don't know how I feel about Abstract as a type, given how it's not really easy for me to visualize moves for it and I don't think I've yet wrapped my head around why it interacts with most of the other types the way it does. It might be done perfect, it might not make sense in reality, but even with the explanations I personally am finding it hard to tell. Might just be me though, I'm open to hearing what others think. I also feel like Solid could be given a better name because when I first saw it I thought of the state of matter given some of the other types here. Maybe something like Rough, Dense, or Tough? I dunno.

That's about it! This post took me an hour to make and I'm sure there are some things that others don't agree with me on or would want to add. Feel free to make

There's no explanations here although we might have talked about this on Discord, so I may have just forgotten a lot of them. As it stands though, I don't really understand what an Abyss type means, so I can't touch on how it would interact with the other types. What kind of Pokemon would make it up? Are there any examples you have of existing ones, and if not, could you explain some designs as examples? This might also be a point against the type's name and might imply that it could be better changed. Also, is there an explanation yet for Shine being strong against Magic? I don't really have much else to say otherwise though, not bad.
Abyss types are like super deep ocean things, because "abyss" just means deep ocean. Think gorebyss, huntail, maybe lanturn, probably kyogre and lugia. Weird and wacky ocean creatures.

I'll go back and add matchup descriptions.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
My biggest question, though - how do we design Pokemon for this? Like, what would define a Pokemon as a certain type? Things like Royal, Knight, and Clergy are somewhat obvious, but a lot of these aren't really for me. This isn't an issue so much as something that just needs answered since we would likely have the "display types on switchin" code. Also, to be certain, I don't think these would be humans as opposed to Pokemon with these properties, right? Because if they'd be human then that'd honestly kill the idea for me; I really want to explore what a meta of Pokemon of different types would look like visually.
Gonna answer those questions here so other people who might have similar ones can get answers here.

- Artist's only sponsors in middle ages were churches, and those usually severely limited their vision so yeah. Artist are strong against populace because they're the tools used for propaganda (most notable example being churches again).
- Merchants beat royals because of how bourgeoisie slowly took over the nobles through history
- Peasants beat Clergy cuz uhh if they don't come then there's no one in churches? Honestly yeah its the one stretch.
- Yea obv the point is to make them pokemons, but you're right it might be hard haha. Might be closer to characters than creatures but the point is def not to make them human. I guess the good point is that it forces people to be creative.

Pretty close to being another good type chart but I have a few complaints here. I really don't know how I feel about Abstract as a type, given how it's not really easy for me to visualize moves for it and I don't think I've yet wrapped my head around why it interacts with most of the other types the way it does. It might be done perfect, it might not make sense in reality, but even with the explanations I personally am finding it hard to tell. Might just be me though, I'm open to hearing what others think. I also feel like Solid could be given a better name because when I first saw it I thought of the state of matter given some of the other types here. Maybe something like Rough, Dense, or Tough? I dunno.
It's fair to criticize Abstract but I'll do my best to explain my reasoning.

Consider the example of a video game world (like when you are playing pokemon on the cartridge). If you were to boil this "world" down to its physical reality, it would simply be circuits and energy flowing around inside of them them. Even without a monitor to visualize it, that world exists in those circuits, but it's not physical. It's a matter of logic, math, and they way each part interacts with each other part that constitutes that world. In other words the, circuits are physical and the game world is abstract.

Abstract has an advantage vs. things that are purely physical in nature. This may be somewhat arbitrary, but I think in the example of the game world, the abstract aspects make something that is far greater than the simple physical reality, so that's sort of what I'm going on. Solid (I may change that name like you suggested) is based on physical materials and Light is based on another fundamental aspect of the physical world, so these two are the most physically-based types in the chart.

Abstract conversely has a disadvantage over things that are already abstract in nature. Both a Mind and a Culture are abstract in the same sense as the game world mentioned above. They may have physical underpinnings, but they are more about ideas, processes, and interactions than they are about matter and energy. Something abstract like math presents no issue to either Mind or Culture, but is a different sort of existence altogether from Solid or Light.

As for moves, it might get a little wonky, but I think going with math and geometry-type terms might make sense. Never underestimate the power of alliteration. Maybe things like Binary Beam, Planar Blade, or Poly Power would make sense coming from the pokemon I used as examples.

I'm not 100% convinced this is great either, but hopefully that helps.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
1617814572178.png

Red -> Matter
Orange -> Wave
Yellow -> Particle
Green -> Inertia
Blue -> Gravity
Purple -> Motion
Pink -> Energy
Black -> Vacuum
White -> Electron
Gray -> Aether

Poison -> Nuclear Decay (Particle and Energy are immune)
Toxic -> Nuclear Fission (Particle and Energy are immune)
Burn -> Weight (Gravity is immune)
Paralysis -> Entropy (Energy is immune)
Freeze -> Stillness (Inertia is immune)
Sleep -> Timestop

Matter: related to physical objects, mostly solids and liquids.
:swsh/gigalith::swsh/araquanid::swsh/garbodor::swsh/tangrowth::swsh/copperajah:
Wave: related to repeated movements, stationary movement, rhythm, sound, light, etc.
:swsh/cresselia::swsh/noivern::swsh/manaphy::swsh/volbeat::swsh/spoink:
Particle: related to tiny objects, groups of tiny objects, gasses, and simple shapes.
:swsh/castform::swsh/palossand::swsh/weezing::swsh/electrode::swsh/ditto:
Inertia: related to sluggishness, slowing down, etc.
:swsh/slaking::swsh/regigigas::swsh/ariados::swsh/goodra::swsh/eldegoss:
Gravity: related to heaviness, weight, gravity, planets, stars, etc.
:swsh/celesteela::swsh/eternatus::swsh/torterra::swsh/avalugg::swsh/jirachi:
Motion: related to movement that goes somewhere, velocity, etc (can be both the Pokemon moving or something the Pokemon has that moves).
:swsh/clawitzer::swsh/ninjask::swsh/dragapult::swsh/latias::swsh/linoone:
Energy: related to heat, work and the power to get things going (think kinetic energy, potential energy, etc).
:swsh/coalossal::swsh/conkeldurr::swsh/darmanitan::swsh/zeraora::swsh/mudsdale:
Vacuum: related to nothingness, void, absence of matter, space, pitch black, etc.
:swsh/necrozma::swsh/type-null::swsh/kyurem::swsh/dusknoir::swsh/darkrai:
Electron: related to electricity, magnetism, electric-powered machines and their virtual spaces, and ions (charged particles).
:swsh/rotom::swsh/magnezone::swsh/probopass::swsh/porygon-z::swsh/shellder:
Aether: related to the unexplained phenomena, supernatural, space, the air/element of the gods, etc.
:swsh/arceus::swsh/deoxys::swsh/hatterene::swsh/clefable::swsh/tornadus:
Note: Some of you might be thinking... Electrons are particles, why are Electron and Particle separate types? Think of it like the Rock and Ground separation.
Electron -> Electron (self resist): Electrons repel each other
Electron -> Matter: Electricity and electrons can corrode matter (Galvanic Corrosion, Reduction-Oxidation reactions)
Energy -> Energy (self resist): Energy doesn't do much when there's already energy
Energy -> Inertia: Energy makes things stop being inert
Gravity -> Energy: Gravity makes it harder for energy to be used and things to move
Gravity -> Gravity (self resist): The gravity of two objects attracting each other have opposite forces
Gravity -> Motion: Gravity makes it harder to move
Inertia -> Gravity: Inertia makes it hard for even gravity to affect objects
Inertia -> Motion: Inertia makes it hard to move
Matter -> Motion: Motion abruptly stops if when it hits something with lots of matter.
Matter -> Vacuum: Vacuum is absence of matter. Matter "ends" vacuum.
Motion -> Wave: Stationary waves can go on for a long time (like a pendulum), but traveling waves are short lived (like a loud bang).
Particle -> Particle (self weakness): Two of the four fundamental interactions are the weak and strong particles interactions. (Strong nuclear force and Weak nuclear force)
Particle -> Wave: Outside of the quantum scale, waves act as particles. (Wave-particle duality)
Vacuum -> Aether: People believed Aether was what space was made out of, until they figured out it was vacuum.
Vacuum -> Gravity: Vacuum has no effect on Gravity, planets affect each other with nothing between them
Vacuum -> Particle: A few particles aren't enough to make vacuum stop being vacuum. Vacuum just rips particles apart.
Wave -> Electron: Electrons move like waves and can get wave interference.
Wave -> Energy: Waves emit and "waste" energy (Thermal radiation)
Wave -> Matter: Waves are dynamic disturbances that can go through matter (like sound waves or waves going through the ocean)

In bold are stuff you can google if you're not familiar with the physics I'm talking about.

Nuclear Decay and Nuclear Fission (Particle and Energy are immune): Particles and energy are the two things emitted by Nuclear Decay/Fission.
Burn -> Weight (Gravity is immune): Every other Pokemon type would not be used to heavy weight, except the Gravity one.
Paralysis -> Enthalpy (Energy is immune): If there's enough energy, things will happen (chemical reactions, particle emissions, movements, etc). If there's not enough energy, things won't happen. That's a rough explanation of entalphy.
Freeze -> Stillness (Inertia is immune): Every other Pokemon type would not be used to stillness, except the Inertia one.
Sleep -> Timestop (nothing in physics is immune to timestop)

Last edited:
This one stands out a lot to me for its concept, and I can definitely see abstract concepts working. The entire type chart made a lot of sense to me even at a glance. My big issue arises with how difficult it may be to make these into Pokemon. I can see how you can do double meanings like using water for Flow for example, but I don't understand how you'd make Pokemon for Improvement, Drain, Stress, or Patch. This is a pretty cool one though, I'd like this one a lot if not for that issue.
I should have done this in the my first post but I think it's better to explain general ideas for designing types

Flow-This one is fairly simple, pretty much any fluid you can think of is easy so like water, air, and even sound can all be incorporated rather easily. Not only this but there's also the psychological flow which is more like being in the zone, or a similar concept Mushin. In those cases it might be better to capture a pokemon who might be perpetually in the zone and relies on instincts to fight akin to *sigh* ultra instinct goku.

Patch-I personally don't think this one is as bad as you made it out to be. In terms of like physical examples there's tape, glue, bandages, actual physical patches, most adhesives could apply here. You could also go the porygon route and make a pokemon that is essentially a patch for a program. As for more abstract ideas think of things that would bring people, beasts, or objects closer together. I'm talking about strings, ropes, music, and even food to some extent. I mention this because part of my idea with the Patch type, that tbh I didn't express to well, is to also mend things or to better express it, "patch things up."

Break-Again relatively easy here. Think of things that are designed to destroy. Sledgehammers, Bulldozers, Wrecking Balls, and Steam Rollers are all pretty good examples of this. On top of that think of the emotional state of people when they break something on purpose. Most of the time they're angered at something.

Shock-I described this as the emotion of being shocked, and for the more abstract types I think a good idea to handle the designs is creating things that either cause the emotion or express the emotion. I'd argue we have a pretty good example of shock as a pokemon with mimikyu.
:ss/mimikyu:
In this case mimikyu is using deception or the element of surprise, to best its foes. In this case think to real world animals who implement deception as a defense.

Relief-Again think of what creates relief and how relief is expressed. There's the physical relief which would be things more to help people survive such as food, clothing, or funding. There's also the relief I was moreso going for which is closer to reassurance or relaxation. Think of things that would make people feel relieved or relaxed: accomplishment, vacations, meditation, certain scents, spas, exercise, and hell maybe even delve into drug use if you really want to go there. Think about how people act when they're relieved as well and what kind of symbols are associated with those emotions, like a dove or a heart.

Pressure-I have a feeling I'm going to be saying what creates x and how x is expressed a lot. In this case pressure is no different. In terms of expressing physical pressure typically think of things associated with weight or density like ... weights or hippos. Better yet go cosmic and think of stars, planets, and black holes. The emotional sources of pressure on the other hand are very different, and since I think stress vs pressure is going to be something that will come into question when designing these pokemon if this wins I think I should define the differences between them.
According to CABA,
"Pressure is what we feel when something is important to us, when we need to perform or deliver something. We experience stress when we feel there are too many demands on us, when we feel overwhelmed and unable to respond appropriately or cope with whatever it is we're dealing with."
I like this definition so I'm going to use it to help differentiate the sources of Pressure and Stress. Think of sources of pressure being like money, family, discovery, or performances. Think of how people tend to be tense under pressure or how they might shut other people out, so they aren't distracted. Think of the emotions associated with those actions, and their respective symbols.

Stress-Alright while I do think this is harder, I don't think it is as bad as what you may think on first glance. Again sources of stress and how people and animals express or react to stress. Using that previous definition does help us by a lot but also think of more animalistic stressors in this case that would trigger that fight or flight response. Thankfully there do exist websites that give us examples of stressors in animals. Things like unfamiliarity or fatigue can lead to some interesting designs, but I think the more simple approach is simply predators. Things that animals would perceive as dangerous, or things that we would perceive as dangerous, can fall into this stress type as well. On top of that think of how people tend to lash out when they're stressed, and suddenly anger is added into the mix as well. I think stress is very broad for a type concept, but it's also doable.

Improvement-Anyway Improvement is one that I think is also relatively simple in terms of designs. The answer here lies in the tools that you use ... literally. Any tool that has been used to help humanity in the 300,000 years since we existed can fit into this category. Not just hammers or nails either, but most technology in general. However this might lead to "Well RODG I don't want all the Improvement pokemon to just be like an irrigation system with eyes." well then you don't have to do that. You can incorporate a tool with an animal that has a similar trait to it, and I think it still works because odds are that animal evolved that similar trait for the improvement of its species. It's a very broad category to be sure but I do think making at least three are doable. Better yet pull an Eevee and create something that symbolizes potential improvement like an egg, a brain, or a seed.

Drain-Okay so outside of the physical real world drains that exist the things you should consider here are potential emotional drains as well. Think of traits of emotionally draining people, and how they act. Think of the sheer lack of energy someone who has to deal with them might have. Not only that but consider the feeling of being trapped by this person due to how much the drain you. Also consider literal bloodsuckers or life stealers. Something like a mosquito or a vampire would work well here. Likewise pretty much any plant can be considered a drain since they absorb water and nutrients using their roots.

Sameness-Okay yeah this one is probably the one that would be the most trouble to design. Outside of the gamefreak approach that would be grouping mons together in like a trio or a horde, I think the easiest way is to create a pokemon that might be lazy, or a pokemon that would be approached to have a strict routine that cannot be altered. The idea of becoming complacent to the point of rejecting change entirely is somewhat hard to design for but we already have a few pokemon based on laziness, and a few pokemon who are just groups of a certain pokemon. I think it would be feasible to kind of feasible to get three designs out of this.

I really do hope this helps in some capacity and does address some of the issues you had.

Fixed my spelling (sorry about that. Not a word I use often.).

I also added a few more Pokemon examples, move examples and explanations about Pokemon design for each type.

Red -> Artificial
Orange -> Ghoul
Yellow -> Piscine
Green -> Reptile
Blue -> Slime
Purple -> Mineral
Pink -> Beast
Gray -> Arthropod
Black -> Avian
White -> Plant

Burn -> Acid
Poison -> Bleed
Toxic -> Severe Bleeding
Paralyze -> Chilled
Freeze -> Hunger
Powder -> Dust
Trap and Sleep are not renamed

Explanations (Designs and Aesthetics):
Artificial -
Related to machines, technologies, electronic devices, buildings, and other types of man-made objects.
Ghoul - Related to ghosts, goblins, witches, fairies, and other fairy tale monsters.
Piscine - Related to fish and other aquatic animals.
Reptile - Related to reptiles, amphibians, and animals with reptilian characteristics.
Slime - Related to sticky substances, slimes, and diseases.
Mineral - Related to rocks, gems, and metal ores.
Beast - Related to mammals and animals with mammalian characteristics.
Arthropod - Related to insects, arachnids, and crustaceans.
Avian - Related to birds and other flying/gliding animals.
Plant - Related to plants and fungi.

Explanations (Type Matchups and Immunities):
Artificial -> Avian: Birds sometimes crash into buildings, windows, and other structures.
Artificial -> Mineral: Machines are used to destroy rocks and dig up minerals and ores.
Ghoul -> Plant: Some ghouls can be considered monstrous entities that harm nature.
Ghoul -> Artificial: Ghouls and spiritual entities are infamous for tampering with technological devices and machines.
Ghoul -> Beast: Ghouls are typically smarter than beasts and as such they would be able to outsmart or tame beasts.
Piscine -> Piscine (self weak): Many aquatic animals eat other aquatic animals.
Piscine -> Ghoul: Fish meat smells bad and I'm pretty sure spiritual entities, much like everyone else, do not like horrible smells.
Reptile -> Mineral: In some stories, reptiles (especially dragons) are known to steal and horde gems and crystals.
Reptile -> Slime: Many reptiles have strong immune systems that would allow them to overcome diseased or sticky entities.
Slime -> Slime (self resist): I imagine that slimy substances would mix together rather than having one substance overcome and completely dissolve the other.
Slime -> Beast: Sticky substances can easily get caught in the fur of mammals and weigh them down.
Slime -> Mineral: Acids and bases can be used to dissolve rocks and minerals.
Mineral -> Ghoul: Crystals and gems are thought to ward off evil spirits.
Beast -> Beast (self resist): Many mammals have loose skin so they have less of a chance of being injured from scratches and bites.
Beast -> Reptile: After the extinction of the dinosaurs, mammals took the title of the dominant animal group from the reptiles.
Avian -> Arthropod: Many flying animals such as birds and bats love to eat bugs and spiders.
Avian -> Slime (no effect): Sticky substances can easily get caught between feathers and prevent birds from flying. This would make avian Pokemon hesitant to attack slime Pokemon.
Avian -> Piscine: Many birds eat fish. It would be hard for an aquatic animal to attack an airborne animal.
Plant -> Plant (self resist): Many plants live in close proximity with each other and as such they must be able to survive the negative effects of neighboring plants.
Plant -> Artificial: This is the most interesting matchup since most people would say that Artificial beats Plants, but I wanted to try something different. It is true that human technologies can destroy and harm plants and nature itself, but plants and nature can overcome human technologies and machines. They can survive and even thrive in man-made environments (examples include vines that cling to the sides of buildings and weeds that grow in between the cracks in driveways). When plants and machines are left to their own devices, the plants take over and grow all over the machines (just look at pictures of cars that are left in the woods). After there is a natural disaster, nature recovers way faster than we can and even takes over abandoned towns and cities. In the short term machines beat plants, but in the long term plants beat machines.

Explanations (Statuses and Immunities):
Acid -
Acids can resemble flames because they both have the ability to burn things. Slime Pokemon would be immune to this because many Slime Pokemon would already be considered acidic.
Bleed - Much like poison, this would drain a Pokemon of their energy and make them lose health. Beast Pokemon would be immune to this because mammals have loose skin that helps lessen the chances of receiving nasty wounds. Piscine Pokemon would be immune because water can help with blood clotting and all fish have a slimy coat that helps in the process of blood clotting.
Severe Bleeding - Kind of like bleeding, but much more severe.
Chilled - It is hard to move when you are cold. Beasts are immune to this because mammals are warm-blooded animals and as such they can survive in cold temperatures (I would've loved it if black/avian was immune to this because birds are also warm-blooded animals, but that decision is completely out of my control).
Hunger - Sometimes you are so hungry that you barely have the strength to move (or is that just a trope?). Reptile Pokemon are immune to this because many reptiles have a slow metabolism. Having a slow metabolism means you do not have to eat often. Some reptiles can go months without eating.
Dust - Dust is not much different from powder. Many ghouls tend to be in dusty places such as abandoned buildings, so they must be able to tolerate the dust particles.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Red -> Honor
Orange -> Nature
Yellow -> Decay
Green -> Crash
Blue -> Business
Purple -> Primal
Pink -> Resource
White -> Prank
Black -> Evil
Gray -> Peace

Burn -> Fired
Paralysis -> Hunger
Poison/Bad Poison -> Decay/Rapid Decay
Freeze -> Halt
Other status ailments have the same names

Honor type is essentially an orderly, just type, one whose mons are willing to follow a code of ethics of some kind. This includes chivalrous beings, but also those who follow rules of a certain fighting style. Honor beats Primal, since its presence tames the more rowdy Primal beings, and it beats Evil due to the same heroic reasoning that Fighting beats out Dark with.

Nature type is representative of the natural world. Forests, waterfalls, mountains, clouds, and even things like volcanoes and tornadoes. Nature beats Honor, as Nature is highly unpredictable, not really following any sort of code. It beats Resource, since Nature is the source of pretty much all Resources. It also beats Prank, since the natural order of things is not disturbed by simple Pranking. It's also immune to Powder, since Nature is the source of natural powders

Decay type is a type that represents things that break down other things via their toxicity. Dangerous chemicals, pollution, toxic smoke, venom, and radiation. It beats the Nature type, since things like pollution and radiation are serious problems that disrupt the ecosystem, while it beats itself due to its inherent instability. However, it's immune to the status effects of Decay and Rapid Decay, since that's sort of the state those beings are in naturally.

Crash type is a type that represents crashing. From literal crashes and impacts (car crashes, meteoric impacts) to more figurative crashes (party crashing, market crashing). It beats Business, since market crashes can be devastating to the economy and thus businesses, while it beats Primal because of the popular theory that a giant meteor wiped out the dinosaurs. It is immune to Halt, since crashing requires there to be momentum, which makes it tough to stop them.

Business type is full of those beings that want to make a deal. They represent the business process, businessmen, and money/moneymaking. It resists itself, since businessmen can usually recognize and resist a sales pitch if they need to. It beats Primal, since like Honor, it basically civilizes the more Primal societies. It beats Resource since Business usually controls the flow of resources. And finally, it beats and is immune to Evil type since money is the root of all evil. Business is immune to the Fired status, since the businesses are the ones doing the firing.

Primal type is essentially full of primal and prehistoric beasts and beings, including dinosaurs, mammoths, sabertooth tigers, neanderthals, crocs and sharks, and more. It beats Nature type, since Primal beings live off the fat of the land.

Resource is meant to represent common resources. Food, shelter, and clothing are pretty obvious, but other things like information and even Internet access are resources, and there are likely more that could be used here. Resource beats Crash, since an abundance of Resources is generally the best way to recover from both literal and figurative crashes. It's also immune to Decay/Rapid Decay, since an abundance of resources helps to offset the decay of them, while it's immune to Hunger since having food as a resource staves it off.

Evil type is basically just Dark without the elemental pretext. Hooligans, rapscallions, villains, whatever you want to call them, they're twiddling their mustaches and plotting their next evil scheme. Evil beats Decay, since Evil people would be the type to cause them to decay further, which is just dastardly. Evil type also beats Peace, due to the whole idea of Evil acts being considered "disturbing the peace".

Prank type is full of jokesters and tricksters. Not malevolent, per se, they just get a kick out of surprising other people. They beat the Honor type, since Pranks can often betray Honor (I considered having a link to Never Gonna Give You Up here, but I think just mentioning it proves my point).

Peace type is simple, peaceful. It has no explicitly winning matchups, since it simply is full of those that fit the status quo.

Red becomes Order, the alignment and organization of things. Order is the pursuit of making things the way they should be- the process of taking disarray and returning it into a more stable state. Pokemon that fit this typing are those that build things, such as :Conkeldurr: and :Arceus:, as well as pokemon that stand for justice and fight evil, such as :Cobalion: and :Arcanine:.
Orange becomes Shock, the typing associated with violent change, explosions, and electric shock. Shock is a sudden shake-up of one's current reality. Many electric type pokemon fit this typing such as :Electrode: and :Regieleki:, as well as pokemon that use the element of surprise, or quick movements, such as :Zoroark: and :Golisopod:.
Yellow becomes Time, the unwavering passage of events. Time, being a fundamental reality of the universe, is admittedly not the easiest typing to fit onto pokemon. However, Pokemon such as :Dialga: and :Celebi: who control time certainly match this typing, as well as pokemon who are strongly affected by time or are quite ancient creatures, such as :Regigigas:, :Magearna:, and :Mew:.
Green becomes Primal, the earliest state of matter. Primal is the beginning of all things. Rock and fire pokemon fit this typing, as well as pokemon older than time. Pokemon such as :Magcargo:, :Groudon:, :Kyogre:, :Unown:, :Eternatus:, and :Palkia: would be considered Primal Pokemon.
Blue becomes Death, The end of corporeal being and life itself. Ghost pokemon fit this typing, as well as any pokemon associated with death, such as :Cofagrigus:, :Duskull:, :Absol:, and :Giratina:.
Purple becomes Nature, Symbolising the natural balance of the world, as well as flora, fauna, and the world that supports such beings. Grass and ground type pokemon fit this typing, as well as pokemon directly connected to nature, such as :Tapu Fini:, :Tropius:, :Landorus:, and :Dugtrio:.
Pink becomes Life, the type representing creating life, as well as all living things. Many normal types fit this typing. Pokemon such as :Miltank:, :Delcatty:, :Mew:, :Reuniclus:, and :Xerneas: fit this typing.
Black becomes Chaos, representing entropy and disorder. Dark type pokemon fit this typing well, as well as mischevious, evil, or dangerous pokemon. Pokemon such as :Thievul:, :Guzzlord:, :Gengar:, :Nihilego:, and :Yveltal: would be considered Chaos type.
White becomes Conflict, representing fighting, disagreement, and clashing ideas. Many fighting-type pokemon, as well as rabble-rousers and those associated with disruption would be conflict types. :Tauros:, :Grapploct:, :Nidoking:, and :Tapu Koko: fit the Conflict type.
Gray becomes Creation, specifically pokemon that were created and given life. This type is associated with technology, and digital pokemon such as :Porygon:, :Klinklang:, :Mewtwo:, and :Golurk:.

Powder is renamed to Ritual, as in moves that are themselves rituals, or take a moment to use. Shock pokemon move too fast and strike too quickly to be targeted by a thought-out attack.
Poison is renamed to Despair. Toxic Poison is renamed to Hopelessness. Time heals all wounds, and Life always finds a way to overcome.
Freeze is renamed to Change. Only Primal is immune to change, as it's defined by being at the beginning of everything.
Burn is renamed to Decay. Death is immune to decay, as it has already died.
Paralysis is renamed to Logic. Only Life has the ability to behave illogically, and is instead guided by will and emotion.

Order is strong against and resists Chaos. Order is the process of undoing chaos. Order needs chaos to exist, there is no order without Chaos.
Order is strong against and resists Nature. Order takes what is natural and restores it, or puts it into further arrangement.

Shock is strong against Order. A sharp shock is needed to set order out of alignment, and disrupt the process of order.
Shock is strong against and resists Life. A violent action is needed to end life, and life can be ended in a moment.
Shock is strong against and resists Conflict. A sharp change in state can begin or end a conflict- shock precedes conflict. Conflict can only feed the sharp change of shock.

Time is strong against and resists Shock. A brief shock is nothing to the passage of time.
Time is strong against Time. Time cannot be defeated, only waited out.

Primal is strong against and resists Death. Death returns a being to their primal state. Primal existed before death and will exist after the last being has passed.
Primal is strong against and resists Nature. Nature is born from Primal, thus Primal precedes nature and is the underlying form of matter.

Death is strong against and resists Nature. Death puts a stop to natural beings.
Death is strong against and resists Life. All living things must die.
Death is strong against and is IMMUNE to Chaos. The only way to avoid entropy is to cease existence. Chaos cannot touch what is already gone.
Death resists Death. What is already dead cannot die.

Nature is strong against and resists Shock. Nature cares not for brief changes, and continues on unchanged.

Life is strong against and resists Primal. Life has the ability to transform the primal and move beyond what primal provides. Life is the culmination of the primal, the final product. Without life, Primal is meaningless.
Life resists Life. Even in death, life creates further life. It's the circle of liiiiife!

Chaos is strong against and resists Time. Chaos feeds on time, warping the world further with each passing moment.
Chaos is strong against and resists Creation. Everything created is eventually destroyed.

Conflict is strong against Order. Order requires unity and peace to progress. Conflict always begins the undoing of order.
Conflict resists Conflict. Conflict to conflict only creates more conflict.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
What turned into what I hoped would be a small delay turned into a few hours because I fell asleep when I got home. Voting has begun and will last 48 hours! Be sure to check the sub compilation, as well as some of the posts at and below this one in case some people left type matchup reasonings here and didn't update their first post.

Vote for the three you like the most, first to third. You can only vote for your own option in the third slot, but voting gives your sub an additional point, so (vote), (vote2), (selfvote) gives (vote) 3 points, (vote2) 2 points, and (selfvote) 2 points.

With that, here's my submission. I'd like for you to use the template, although using an image like this isn't required.
1617922318807.png

Red -> Blade
Orange -> Stone
Yellow -> Brawn
Green -> Heat
Blue -> Plastic
Purple -> Paper
Pink -> Ceramic
White -> Crystal
Black -> Sweet
Gray -> Bone

Poison -> Poison
Toxic -> Toxic
Burn -> Polluted
Paralysis -> Quicksand
Freeze -> Overheated
Sleep -> Sleep

- Rock, Paper, Scissors was the main type chart I'd center this around. Earl suggested I use blade instead and I feel it works best, it's the most broad and can encompass swords and knives while not even implying either. Stone is a stand-in for Rock, and Blade doesn't have to be related to metal.
- Crystals are prone to shattering more than slashing, and you could also make some magic crystal implication to maybe have secondary reason to be strong against Blade. This type would also include things like glass and ice.
- Stones shatter Glass, Glass is resistant to Heat, Heat ignites Paper, but Scoopapa had mentioned that Glass and Crystal could make complications with sprites and a Ceramic-type wouldn't. They have the same properties so good idea, except Ceramic would also include Pokemon centered around the clays and loams that make it.
- Plastic can be used to make mallets that shatter Glass and melt under Heat. Don't remember why exactly it beats Paper, though.
- Sweets are foods that Blades would cut, and are also packaged in Plastic.
- Brawn is a stand-in for Fighting. Fighting beating Rock would translate here, but bodybuilders have to keep in good shape, and they can't eat Sweets.
- Lastly, the sugar in Sweets corrode away teeth, which don't really have many obvious matchups here otherwise. RoDG suggested I change this to Bone to make it less specific, but Pokemon related around teeth can still be involved.

- Plastic is the easiest thing to associate with Polluting, so it's going to take place of Burn's name. I imagine inhaling something noxious or getting some plastic stuck around some part of your body would make it harder to attack stuff, too.
- Quicksand is made from similar stuff that makes Ceramic, and could make it tougher to move.
- Something that's Overheated could be exhausted and incapacitated much like Freezing.

Now for examples of some existing Pokemon that fit each type...

Blade - Bisharp, Gallade, Scyther etc.
Stone - Gigalith, Golem, Archeops etc.
Brawn - Machamp, Conkeldurr, Lucario etc.
Heat - Talonflame, Typhlosion, Groudon etc.
Plastic - Garbodor, Porygon, can’t think of much else as of now
Paper - Kartana, can’t think of much else as of now
Ceramic - Sandaconda, Polteageist, Claydol etc.
Crystal - Sableye, Diancie, Regice etc.
Sweet - Slurpuff, Appletun, Vanilluxe etc.
Bone - Lucario, Seviper, Eternatus etc.

Super Smash Bros. Types

Red -> Mario
Orange -> Metroid
Yellow -> Pokemon
Green -> Yoshi
Blue -> StarFox
Purple -> DK
Pink -> Kirby
Black -> Mother
White -> Zelda
Gray -> F-Zero

Totally non-sensical, but I feel like it's kind of the point with a 'roulette' meta (fun fact: I actually RNGed the order of these to get with the roulette idea).
Types:
Red = Arid
Orange = Heat
Yellow = Liquid
Green = Cold
Blue = Spiritual
Purple = Moist
Pink = Treatment
Black = Wind
White = Natural
Gray = Aerosol

Statuses:
Poison = Liquify
Toxic = Heavily Liquify
Burn = Possessed
Paralyze = Overdosed
Freeze = Freeze
Sleep = Sleep
Powder = Wave

I probably could say "I tried my best" but I just really busy do other things, so it's probably better if I had more times.
types based on the seven deadly sins + 3 others

1617922337923.png

Red -> Envy
Orange -> Pride
Yellow -> Wrath
Green -> Greed
Blue -> Gluttony
Purple -> Lust
Pink -> Purity
White -> Sloth
Black -> Might
Gray -> Divine

Poison -> Anger (Wrath, Purity)
Toxic -> Rage (Wrath, Purity)
Burn -> Hunger (Gluttony)
Paralysis -> Attraction (Lust)
Freeze -> Debt (Greed)

Divine: Pokemon that are seen as mythical (not necessarily legendary) and have special qualities that put them above other pokemon. They do not really affect or are affected by the other types, except for Might.
  • Weak to Might: Classic trope of a strong/strong willed individual challenging divine beings
Might: Pokemon that are strong, whether in physical strength (most common), mental fortitude, or in willpower.
  • SE on Divine: see Divine
  • SE on Wrath: The mighty warrior can take down a rampaging beast
  • DNE Gluttony: Even the strongest warrior cannot budge a gluttonous creature due to their weight (kind of a stretch)
  • Weak to Envy: Basic supervillain plotline, weak character is envious of the superhero's strength so they devise a scheme to defeat them
Wrath: Pokemon that are angry, destructive, uncontrollable, etc.
  • SE on Pride: The pride of others make people angry
  • Weak to Might: see Might
  • Self Weak: Two angry creatures will fight each other
Pride: Pokemon that are prideful, leaders, overconfident, etc.
  • SE on Envy: Pride overshadows Envy
  • SE on Sloth: Prideful people will control the lazy people, force them to act
  • SE on Purity: Prideful people will manipulate the pure hearted
  • Weak to Wrath: see Wrath
  • Weak to Lust: big boba
Sloth: Pokemon that are slow, lazy, sleepy, etc.
  • SE on Envy: Lazy people have nothing to be envious of
  • Self Resist: Two lazy opponents wont do anything to each other
Envy: Pokemon that are jealous, use trickery, etc.
  • SE on Might: see Might
  • SE on Lust: envious of big boba
  • Weak to Sloth: see Sloth
Lust: Pokemon that are attractive, romantic, etc. :blobglare: (note: this fits better than the original meaning)
  • SE on Pride: see Pride
  • Weak to Envy: see Envy
  • Weak to Greed: money provides big boba
  • Weak to Gluttony: no big boba, only food
Gluttony: Pokemon that are hungry, eat food, food based, etc.
  • SE on Purity: Being a Glutton tarnishes Purity
  • Self Resist: Gluttony is already hungry, would not have much effect
  • Immune to Might: see Might
  • Weak to Greed: Money provides food
Greed: Pokemon that are greedy, based on money, etc.
  • SE on Gluttony: see Gluttony
  • Weak to Purity: Robin Hood
Purity: Pokemon that are pure hearted, kind, innocent, etc.
  • SE on Greed: see Greed
  • Self Resist: Pure pokemon would not want to harm another
  • Weak to Gluttony: see Gluttony
Statuses
  • Anger and Rage: The pokemon becomes angry, causing them to lose themselves over time. Wrath is already angry, and Pure pokemon cannot be moved by anger.
  • Hunger: The pokemon becomes hungry, causing them to starve and become weak over time. Gluttonous pokemon are already hungry.
  • Attraction: Big boba causes pokemon to become frozen in awe.
  • Debt: The pokemon is stuck in debt, and wants to get free.
Red = Heat
Orange = Deep
Yellow = Nature
Green = Shine
Blue = Magic
Purple = Gloom
Pink = Wind
Black = Artificial
White = Mineral
Gray = Beast

Poison, Toxic Poison, and Sleep stay the same
Burn = Hex
Paralysis = Exhaust
Freeze = Blind

Gloom is like if you combined the vibes of ghost and bug, sort of a "subterranean creatures" type.
Deep represents the deep sea and the creatures that live there.

I'm personally quite proud of this chart, because I think it a) doesnt have many stretches and b) would be fun to actually design pokemon for.

Deep beats Heat because it's hard to start a fire in the deep ocean.
Heat beats Gloom because heat can lead to light and smoke. Light hurts the eyes of cavedwellers, and smoke + enclosed spaces = lung cancer.
Heat beats Artificial because metal can melt.
Minerals also are just really resistant to heat.
Nature beats Deep because deep ocean weirdos cant breathe on land (also because nature and Deep were originally grass and water stand-ins).
Gloom beats Deep because underground weirdos are wackier than deep sea weirdos.
Deep beats Wind because the wind has no effect on the deep sea.
Deep beats Mineral because water can erode the minerals.
Nature beats itself because of survival of the fittest.
Artificial beats Nature because manmade stuff is destroying the environment.
Shine beats Magic because it's really hard to concentrate on magic when someone's shining a bright light in your eyes, and because magical curses often end at dawn.
Shine beats Gloom for pretty much the same reason that Heat beats gloom, bright lights blind the underground critters.
Wind beats Shine because things that can fly are in the sky all the time, and they dont go blind.
Magic resists Magic because magic users know each others' tricks.
Magic beats Gloom because magic is highly effective against spooky things such as ghosts or monsters.
Magic beats Wind because wizards can control the wind with their magic. (yes i know that applies to other things too, be quiet)
Magic beats Artificial because telekinesis exists and can break the machines.
Wind just doesnt do much against Wind.
Artificial doesn't effect Magic because magic users can just yeet the machines away from them.
Artificial beats Beast because manmade things are destroying the environment.
Mineral self-resists because 2 immovable objects arent gonna do shit to each other.

I quickly lost my sanity trying to write these, can you tell?

Red -> Citizens
Orange -> Clergy
Yellow -> Occult
Green -> Merchants
Blue -> Royals
Purple -> Peasants
Pink -> Knights
Black -> Criminals
White -> Artists
Gray -> Travellers

Poison -> Curse
(Occult & Knights are immune)
Toxic -> Hex (Occult & Knights are immune)
Burn -> Hunger (Royals are immune)
Paralysis -> Wound (Knights are immune)
Freeze -> Debt (Merchants are immune)
Sleep -> Illness
Powder moves are now "miracles" I guess

My types are based of hierarchic roles during the late middle-ages/early renaissance. I started by putting "Royal" on blue and everything just kinda happened to fit from there. If think most of the weaknesses make sense, the only logical problems i see are typings that should interact but don't really, but tbh I think its fine as is rn.
1617922378521.png

Red -> Vampire
Orange -> Solar
Yellow -> Shade
Green ->Fungi
Blue -> Mineral
Purple -> Cave
Pink -> Arid
Black -> Mirror
White -> Wood
Gray -> Magic

Poison -> Wither (new name, should be related to Shade and Arid)
Toxic -> Decay (new name, should be related to Shade and Arid)
Burn -> Crystalize (new name, should be related to Mineral)
Paralysis -> Fatigue (new name, should be related to Cave and Arid)
Freeze -> Infected (new name, should be related to Fungi)
Sleep -> Sleep (old name)
Powder -> Thermal (new name, should be related to Solar)

Vampire

Vampire is weak to Solar for Vampires burning in the sun, and weak to Wood for Vampires being defeated by wooden stakes. It is strong against Mirror because they don't have reflections and strong against Cave because they can turn into bats. Vampire Types could be designed afetr blood-sucking animals and actual vampires

:bw/beautifly::bw/gorebyss::bw/gliscor::bw/eelektross:

Solar

Solar is weak to Shade because the sun cannot touch shadows, and weak to Cave because the sun does not reach caves. It is strong against Vampire for burning them, Wood for burning them and Arid for deteriorating the soil. Solar Types could be designed after incarnations of the Sun, heat and creatures who otherwise are sun-related, such as basking lizards and some plants.

:bw/sunflora::bw/solrock::bw/cherrim-sunshine::bw/volcarona:View attachment 329551View attachment 329550

Shade

Shade is weak to Mirror because shadows can be reflected, and weak to itself because combining two shadows will only make it stronger. It is strong against Solar because the Sun cannot touch shadows. Shade Types could be designed after cursed shadows.

:bw/gengar::bw/giratina-origin::bw/cofagrigus:View attachment 329555View attachment 329554

Fungi

Fungi is weak to Arid because they need humid environments to thrive. It is strong against Caves because caves are usually humid and dark, giving the perfect conditions for them to live in, and strong against Mineral because they can deteriorate the minerals. Fungi Types could be mostly based on Mushrooms and Moss.

:bw/parasect::bw/breloom::bw/amoonguss::bw/ferrothorn:View attachment 329556

Mineral

Mineral is weak to Fungi because fungus can deteriorate minerals. They are strong against Cave because they are usually located inside caves, and against Arid because mineral salt can be used to help treat the soil. They are immune to Mirror because Minerals are typically already reflective. Mineral Types could vary from non-mechanic metallic beings to crystal creatures.

:bw/steelix::bw/sableye::bw/glalie::bw/cofagrigus::bw/gigalith:View attachment 329564View attachment 329565View attachment 329566

Cave

Cave is weak to Fungi because caves give them perfect conditions to spread, to Vampire because they can turn into Bats, and to Mineral because they're where minerals are most usually formed. It is strong against Solar because the sun cannot reach caves. Cave Types could be designed after cave dwellers, both real and mythological

:bw/crobat::bw/exploud::bw/sableye::bw/excadrill::bw/galvantula::bw/druddigon:View attachment 329568

Arid

Arid is weak to Solar because the scorching sun deteriorates the soil futher, and to Mineral because Saltes can help to get rid of arid soil. It is strong against Fungi because Fungi cannot grow in places with low humidity. Arid Types could be based on the cracked soil and on desert creatures.

:bw/arbok::bw/golem::bw/cacturne::bw/flygon::bw/cacturne::bw/hippowdon::bw/drapion::bw/krookodile::bw/maractus:View attachment 329551

Mirror

Mirror is weak to Vampires because they don't have reflections, and has no effect on Mineral because they're often already reflective. Mirror is super-effective against Shade because shadows can be reflected, and to Magic becauseof the popular trope of magic being reflected back at the user. Mirror Types would be pokémon who represent the concept of Reflection or Imitation in some way.

:bw/electrode::bw/ditto::bw/sudowoodo::bw/wobbuffet::bw/chatot:
View attachment 329555

Wood

Wood is weak to Solar because wood burns with too much heat, and strong against Vampire because of wooden stakes. Wood Types would be mostly made of trees, as well as beings who are either made of wood or use wooden tools.

:bw/exeggutor::bw/shiftry::bw/tropius::bw/timburr:

Magic

Magic is weak against Mirror because of the trope ofmagic being reflected back at the attacker, and neutral against everything else because of Magic being very versatile on its spells. Magic Types would either be creatures who do magic or who are in some way related to magic.

:bw/murkrow::bw/mismagius:View attachment 329574View attachment 329575View attachment 329576

Wither and Decay end this destiny

Simillar to poison, only with the idea that Arid mons would be more resilient due to their harsher living conditions and Shade because you can't decay a shade.

Crystalize

The idea is that the Pokémon's body would be either start being covered in crystals or being turned into crystals itself. It halves Attack for the lack of control over a sudden unusual body change, and Mineral is immune to it because they are already Crystals.

Fatigue

Related to the idea that Cavernous places and Deserts are harder to live on and tire you out faster if you are not prepared, leading to lower negery (Speed) and exaustion (Skips a turn).

Infected

Related to the idea of a fungus infecting a body and rendering it unable to fight.

Thermal

The Sun would overpower whatever is trying to change the temperature.
Red -> Flow
Orange ->Patch
Yellow ->Break
Green -> Shock
Blue -> Relief
Purple -> Pressure
Pink -> Stress
Black -> Improvement
White -> Drain
Gray -> Sameness

Poison -> Stress (Break and Stress are immune)

Toxic -> Dire Stress (Break and Stress are immune)
Burn -> Pacify (Relief is immune)
Paralysis -> trapped (Pressure is immune)
Freeze -> Shocked (Shock is immune)
Sleep -> Dozing

Okay so this is all very weird and abstract. I feel as though there needs to be a better explanation to all of this so uhh I can try.

Flow in this case refers to more of a steady flow, that can't really be changed. On top of that going with the flow can alleviate pressure from someone. However you patch the flow in, it can't really go anywhere. You drain a flow and well it gets drained.

As stated before if you patch a flow it can't really go anywhere. However if you break off the patch then it becomes useless. Put to much pressure on a patch and it'll become useless.

Break in this case refers to breaking something. If you break is strong against itself because if you keep breaking something that is broken you just break it even more and leave it in a worse state. Improvement is strong against break because if you improve something to be better prepared against a break, then the break will do less damage. An improvement can stop breaks. Anyway why is Break immune to the Stress status conditions? The answer is that breaking things can help people relieve stress by allowing them to express that stress in a violent manner.

Shock is not referring to electricity in this case but more of the emotion of being shocked. Shock can cause pressure or break someone out of it, and likewise a great enough shock can disturb the relief of anyone.

Relief is strong against pressure and stress for the same reason really. With enough relief you stop being stressed and the pressure upon you is reduced. Likewise relief is strong against itself because if you become more relieved you're still relieved. Nothing really changes that much.

Pressure is a fun one because it can refer to the pressure placed upon a person or the physical pressure gravity brings. Also I've already explained it through the other types.

Stress is very similar to pressure in concept, however you might wonder why it resists itself. It's like this, if one thing is making you stressed and other thing is making you stressed the two things aren't in competition. It's not a matter of, "This is stressing me out more than the other thing" and more of a matter of "Holy shit both of these things are stressing me the fuck out! Christ on a bike this is awful!". Thus in my mind I view stress being resistant against itself rather than strong against itself. As for why it's strong against shock, stress can often be the source of shock. If someone who's stressed takes expresses their emotions in a nontraditional manner it will often illicit shock. If someone dies from stress the news of the death can cause shock to various people.

Improvement is one of the weirdest typings. Already explained the relationship it has with break, and improvement vs sameness is pretty obvious, but what about Improvement Vs Relief. Well my justification is that as life improves, as we improve, in theory relief would become something that is more attainable and when you're relieved you don't feel the need to improve. That's my idea behind it anyway.

Drain's main match ups are against patch and flow. Drain a flow and it gets redirected, put a patch over a drain and it becomes useless. Pretty simple.

Sameness: Improvement beats it for obvious reasons and it's neutral against everything else because it really isn't effecting anything. It's leaving things as they are.
Red -> Priest
Orange -> Noble
Yellow -> Mage
Green -> Entertainer
Blue -> Soldier
Purple -> Artisan
Pink -> Diplomat
Black -> Rogue
White -> Herald
Gray -> Peasant

Burn -> Unchanged (Artisan is immune)

Example Pokemon:

Priest: Blissey, Comfey, Medicham, Bronzong, Arceus

Basically any Pokemon associated with healing, divinity, worship, temples etc.

Moves include Wish and Judgement

Noble: Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Seaking, Kingler, Slowking, Tsareena, Kingdra, Salazzle, Durant, Vespiqueen, Beedrill

Basically any Pokemon associated with rulership, royalty, government, land ownership, beurocracy etc.

Moves would include Ally Swap, Follow Me and Heavy Slam

Mage: Delphox, Alakazam, Hatterene, Hypno, Shiftree, Mismagius

Basically any Pokemon associated with magic

Moves would include Hypnosis, Trick and Mystical Fire

Entertainer: Mr. Mime, Smeargle, Exploud, Noivern, Meloetta, Oricolco, Bellosom, Bellsprout, Lilligant, Chatot, Bronzong, Chimecho, Primariana

Basically any Pokemon associated with performance art, dancing, music, comedy etc.

Moves would include Sing, Role Play, Dragon Dance and Double Slap

Soldier: Most fighting types, Bisharp, Golurk, Aegislash, Samurott, Decidueye

Basically any Pokemon based on martial arts, warriors, weapons etc.

Moves would like include Power-Up Punch, No Retreat, Bulk Up and Jump Kick

Artisan: Conkeldor, Smeargle, Regigigas, Ariados, Galvantula, Leavanny, Wormadam, Nincada

Basically any Pokemon associated with building, visual art, creation, tools etc.

Moves would include Decorate, Sketch, Wood Hammer and Poltergeist

Diplomat: Stoutland, Guardevoir, Blissey, Luvdisc, Plusle, Minun, Wishiwashi

Basically any Pokemon associated with happiness, community, helping others, relationships etc.

Moves would include Helping Hand, Attract, Charm and Draining Kiss

Rogue: Most dark types, Decidueye, Gengar, Mismagius, Drifblim, Banette, Dusknoir, Chandelure, Trapinch, Dugtrio, Exeggcute, Amoongus, Geodude, Electrode

Basically any Pokemon associated with stealth, surprise, crime, dirty tactics etc.

Most dark moves would fit.

Herald: Unown, Smeargle, Noivern, Chatot, the Lake Trio, Unfeazant, the Regis, Stonejourner, Porygon-Z, Ditto

Basically any Pokemon associated with copying, messages, language, writing, sound, information, teaching etc.

Moves would include Mimic, Instruct and Boomburst

Peasant: Most normal types, Pawniard

Basically any Pokemon associated with ordinary life, the common folk, poverty, mundanity, dirt etc.

Moves include Tackle and Growl

Interactions:

Entertainer and Artisan: Entertainers inspire artisens to build what they want them to build.

Artisan and Noble: Kingdoms are toppled by the craftsman's siege engines.

Artisan and Burn: They are used to the fire of the forge.

"Solid" is now "Hard"
1617922442556.png
Red -> Time
Orange -> Abstract
Yellow -> Culture
Green -> Shadow
Blue -> Soul
Purple -> Mind
Pink -> Light
Black -> Tech
White -> Hard
Gray -> Wild

:bw/raticate: :bw/swellow: :bw/mightyena: :bw/leavanny: View attachment 329968

:xy/magearna: :bw/klinklang: :bw/magneton: :xy/melmetal: View attachment 329969

:xy/meloetta-pirouette: :xy/doublade: :xy/alcremie: :xy/tapu lele: View attachment 329970

:xy/porygon-z: :xy/cresselia: :xy/unown: :xy/sigilyph: View attachment 329971

Hard - Related to hard, durable substances - solid pokemon are made of stone, metal, or similar materials
:xy/registeel: :xy/avalugg: :xy/gigalith: :xy/exeggutor: View attachment 329972

:xy/lanturn: :xy/starmie: :xy/volbeat: :xy/necrozma: View attachment 329973
:xy/uxie: :ss/calyrex: :xy/espeon: :ss/slowking-galar: View attachment 329974
:xy/gengar: :xy/umbreon: :xy/thievul: :xy/sableye: View attachment 329975
:xy/shedinja: :xy/spiritomb: :xy/marshadow: :xy/cursola:View attachment 329976
Abstract >>> Hard - Things that are physically grounded have trouble hurting things that are abstract
Hard >>> Time - Stone and some metals can last thousands of years without changing too much
Hard <<>> Solid - Solid objects are resilient to bludgeoning from other solid objects

1617922468388.png

Red -> Matter
Orange -> Wave
Yellow -> Particle
Green -> Inertia
Blue -> Gravity
Purple -> Motion
Pink -> Energy
Black -> Vacuum
White -> Electron
Gray -> Aether

Poison -> Nuclear Decay (Particle and Energy are immune)
Toxic -> Nuclear Fission (Particle and Energy are immune)
Burn -> Weight (Gravity is immune)
Paralysis -> Entropy (Energy is immune)
Freeze -> Stillness (Inertia is immune)
Sleep -> Timestop

Matter: related to physical objects, mostly solids and liquids.
:swsh/gigalith::swsh/araquanid::swsh/garbodor::swsh/tangrowth::swsh/copperajah:
Wave: related to repeated movements, stationary movement, rhythm, sound, light, etc.
:swsh/cresselia::swsh/noivern::swsh/manaphy::swsh/volbeat::swsh/spoink:
Particle: related to tiny objects, groups of tiny objects, gasses, and simple shapes.
:swsh/castform::swsh/palossand::swsh/weezing::swsh/electrode::swsh/ditto:
Inertia: related to sluggishness, slowing down, etc.
:swsh/slaking::swsh/regigigas::swsh/ariados::swsh/goodra::swsh/eldegoss:
Gravity: related to heaviness, weight, gravity, planets, stars, etc.
:swsh/celesteela::swsh/eternatus::swsh/torterra::swsh/avalugg::swsh/jirachi:
Motion: related to movement that goes somewhere, velocity, etc (can be both the Pokemon moving or something the Pokemon has that moves).
:swsh/clawitzer::swsh/ninjask::swsh/dragapult::swsh/latias::swsh/linoone:
Energy: related to heat, work and the power to get things going (think kinetic energy, potential energy, etc).
:swsh/coalossal::swsh/conkeldurr::swsh/darmanitan::swsh/zeraora::swsh/mudsdale:
Vacuum: related to nothingness, void, absence of matter, space, pitch black, etc.
:swsh/necrozma::swsh/type-null::swsh/kyurem::swsh/dusknoir::swsh/darkrai:
Electron: related to electricity, magnetism, electric-powered machines and their virtual spaces, and ions (charged particles).
:swsh/rotom::swsh/magnezone::swsh/probopass::swsh/porygon-z::swsh/shellder:
Aether: related to the unexplained phenomena, supernatural, space, the air/element of the gods, etc.
:swsh/arceus::swsh/deoxys::swsh/hatterene::swsh/clefable::swsh/tornadus:
Note: Some of you might be thinking... Electrons are particles, why are Electron and Particle separate types? Think of it like the Rock and Ground separation.
Electron -> Electron (self resist): Electrons repel each other
Electron -> Matter: Electricity and electrons can corrode matter (Galvanic Corrosion, Reduction-Oxidation reactions)
Energy -> Energy (self resist): Energy doesn't do much when there's already energy
Energy -> Inertia: Energy makes things stop being inert
Gravity -> Energy: Gravity makes it harder for energy to be used and things to move
Gravity -> Gravity (self resist): The gravity of two objects attracting each other have opposite forces
Gravity -> Motion: Gravity makes it harder to move
Inertia -> Gravity: Inertia makes it hard for even gravity to affect objects
Inertia -> Motion: Inertia makes it hard to move
Matter -> Motion: Motion abruptly stops if when it hits something with lots of matter.
Matter -> Vacuum: Vacuum is absence of matter. Matter "ends" vacuum.
Motion -> Wave: Stationary waves can go on for a long time (like a pendulum), but traveling waves are short lived (like a loud bang).
Particle -> Particle (self weakness): Two of the four fundamental interactions are the weak and strong particles interactions. (Strong nuclear force and Weak nuclear force)
Particle -> Wave: Outside of the quantum scale, waves act as particles. (Wave-particle duality)
Vacuum -> Aether: People believed Aether was what space was made out of, until they figured out it was vacuum.
Vacuum -> Gravity: Vacuum has no effect on Gravity, planets affect each other with nothing between them
Vacuum -> Particle: A few particles aren't enough to make vacuum stop being vacuum. Vacuum just rips particles apart.
Wave -> Electron: Electrons move like waves and can get wave interference.
Wave -> Energy: Waves emit and "waste" energy (Thermal radiation)
Wave -> Matter: Waves are dynamic disturbances that can go through matter (like sound waves or waves going through the ocean)

In bold are stuff you can google if you're not familiar with the physics I'm talking about.

Nuclear Decay and Nuclear Fission (Particle and Energy are immune): Particles and energy are the two things emitted by Nuclear Decay/Fission.
Burn -> Weight (Gravity is immune): Every other Pokemon type would not be used to heavy weight, except the Gravity one.
Paralysis -> Enthalpy (Energy is immune): If there's enough energy, things will happen (chemical reactions, particle emissions, movements, etc). If there's not enough energy, things won't happen. That's a rough explanation of entalphy.
Freeze -> Stillness (Inertia is immune): Every other Pokemon type would not be used to stillness, except the Inertia one.
Sleep -> Timestop (nothing in physics is immune to timestop)
Red -> Artificial
Orange -> Ghoul
Yellow -> Piscine
Green -> Reptile
Blue -> Slime
Purple -> Mineral
Pink -> Beast
Gray -> Arthropod
Black -> Avian
White -> Plant

Burn -> Acid
Poison -> Bleed
Toxic -> Severe Bleeding
Paralyze -> Chilled
Freeze -> Hunger
Powder -> Dust
Trap and Sleep are not renamed

Explanations (Designs and Aesthetics):
Artificial -
Related to machines, technologies, electronic devices, buildings, and other types of man-made objects.
Ghoul - Related to ghosts, goblins, witches, fairies, and other fairy tale monsters.
Piscine - Related to fish and other aquatic animals.
Reptile - Related to reptiles, amphibians, and animals with reptilian characteristics.
Slime - Related to sticky substances, slimes, and diseases.
Mineral - Related to rocks, gems, and metal ores.
Beast - Related to mammals and animals with mammalian characteristics.
Arthropod - Related to insects, arachnids, and crustaceans.
Avian - Related to birds and other flying/gliding animals.
Plant - Related to plants and fungi.

Explanations (Type Matchups and Immunities):
Artificial -> Avian: Birds sometimes crash into buildings, windows, and other structures.
Artificial -> Mineral: Machines are used to destroy rocks and dig up minerals and ores.
Ghoul -> Plant: Some ghouls can be considered monstrous entities that harm nature.
Ghoul -> Artificial: Ghouls and spiritual entities are infamous for tampering with technological devices and machines.
Ghoul -> Beast: Ghouls are typically smarter than beasts and as such they would be able to outsmart or tame beasts.
Piscine -> Piscine (self weak): Many aquatic animals eat other aquatic animals.
Piscine -> Ghoul: Fish meat smells bad and I'm pretty sure spiritual entities, much like everyone else, do not like horrible smells.
Reptile -> Mineral: In some stories, reptiles (especially dragons) are known to steal and horde gems and crystals.
Reptile -> Slime: Many reptiles have strong immune systems that would allow them to overcome diseased or sticky entities.
Slime -> Slime (self resist): I imagine that slimy substances would mix together rather than having one substance overcome and completely dissolve the other.
Slime -> Beast: Sticky substances can easily get caught in the fur of mammals and weigh them down.
Slime -> Mineral: Acids and bases can be used to dissolve rocks and minerals.
Mineral -> Ghoul: Crystals and gems are thought to ward off evil spirits.
Beast -> Beast (self resist): Many mammals have loose skin so they have less of a chance of being injured from scratches and bites.
Beast -> Reptile: After the extinction of the dinosaurs, mammals took the title of the dominant animal group from the reptiles.
Avian -> Arthropod: Many flying animals such as birds and bats love to eat bugs and spiders.
Avian -> Slime (no effect): Sticky substances can easily get caught between feathers and prevent birds from flying. This would make avian Pokemon hesitant to attack slime Pokemon.
Avian -> Piscine: Many birds eat fish. It would be hard for an aquatic animal to attack an airborne animal.
Plant -> Plant (self resist): Many plants live in close proximity with each other and as such they must be able to survive the negative effects of neighboring plants.
Plant -> Artificial: This is the most interesting matchup since most people would say that Artificial beats Plants, but I wanted to try something different. It is true that human technologies can destroy and harm plants and nature itself, but plants and nature can overcome human technologies and machines. They can survive and even thrive in man-made environments (examples include vines that cling to the sides of buildings and weeds that grow in between the cracks in driveways). When plants and machines are left to their own devices, the plants take over and grow all over the machines (just look at pictures of cars that are left in the woods). After there is a natural disaster, nature recovers way faster than we can and even takes over abandoned towns and cities. In the short term machines beat plants, but in the long term plants beat machines.

Explanations (Statuses and Immunities):
Acid -
Acids can resemble flames because they both have the ability to burn things. Slime Pokemon would be immune to this because many Slime Pokemon would already be considered acidic.
Bleed - Much like poison, this would drain a Pokemon of their energy and make them lose health. Beast Pokemon would be immune to this because mammals have loose skin that helps lessen the chances of receiving nasty wounds. Piscine Pokemon would be immune because water can help with blood clotting and all fish have a slimy coat that helps in the process of blood clotting.
Severe Bleeding - Kind of like bleeding, but much more severe.
Chilled - It is hard to move when you are cold. Beasts are immune to this because mammals are warm-blooded animals and as such they can survive in cold temperatures (I would've loved it if black/avian was immune to this because birds are also warm-blooded animals, but that decision is completely out of my control).
Hunger - Sometimes you are so hungry that you barely have the strength to move (or is that just a trope?). Reptile Pokemon are immune to this because many reptiles have a slow metabolism. Having a slow metabolism means you do not have to eat often. Some reptiles can go months without eating.
Dust - Dust is not much different from powder. Many ghouls tend to be in dusty places such as abandoned buildings, so they must be able to tolerate the dust particles.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Red -> Honor
Orange -> Nature
Yellow -> Decay
Green -> Crash
Blue -> Business
Purple -> Primal
Pink -> Resource
White -> Prank
Black -> Evil
Gray -> Peace

Burn -> Fired
Paralysis -> Hunger
Poison/Bad Poison -> Decay/Rapid Decay
Freeze -> Halt
Other status ailments have the same names

Honor type is essentially an orderly, just type, one whose mons are willing to follow a code of ethics of some kind. This includes chivalrous beings, but also those who follow rules of a certain fighting style. Honor beats Primal, since its presence tames the more rowdy Primal beings, and it beats Evil due to the same heroic reasoning that Fighting beats out Dark with.

Nature type is representative of the natural world. Forests, waterfalls, mountains, clouds, and even things like volcanoes and tornadoes. Nature beats Honor, as Nature is highly unpredictable, not really following any sort of code. It beats Resource, since Nature is the source of pretty much all Resources. It also beats Prank, since the natural order of things is not disturbed by simple Pranking. It's also immune to Powder, since Nature is the source of natural powders

Decay type is a type that represents things that break down other things via their toxicity. Dangerous chemicals, pollution, toxic smoke, venom, and radiation. It beats the Nature type, since things like pollution and radiation are serious problems that disrupt the ecosystem, while it beats itself due to its inherent instability. However, it's immune to the status effects of Decay and Rapid Decay, since that's sort of the state those beings are in naturally.

Crash type is a type that represents crashing. From literal crashes and impacts (car crashes, meteoric impacts) to more figurative crashes (party crashing, market crashing). It beats Business, since market crashes can be devastating to the economy and thus businesses, while it beats Primal because of the popular theory that a giant meteor wiped out the dinosaurs. It is immune to Halt, since crashing requires there to be momentum, which makes it tough to stop them.

Business type is full of those beings that want to make a deal. They represent the business process, businessmen, and money/moneymaking. It resists itself, since businessmen can usually recognize and resist a sales pitch if they need to. It beats Primal, since like Honor, it basically civilizes the more Primal societies. It beats Resource since Business usually controls the flow of resources. And finally, it beats and is immune to Evil type since money is the root of all evil. Business is immune to the Fired status, since the businesses are the ones doing the firing.

Primal type is essentially full of primal and prehistoric beasts and beings, including dinosaurs, mammoths, sabertooth tigers, neanderthals, crocs and sharks, and more. It beats Nature type, since Primal beings live off the fat of the land.

Resource is meant to represent common resources. Food, shelter, and clothing are pretty obvious, but other things like information and even Internet access are resources, and there are likely more that could be used here. Resource beats Crash, since an abundance of Resources is generally the best way to recover from both literal and figurative crashes. It's also immune to Decay/Rapid Decay, since an abundance of resources helps to offset the decay of them, while it's immune to Hunger since having food as a resource staves it off.

Evil type is basically just Dark without the elemental pretext. Hooligans, rapscallions, villains, whatever you want to call them, they're twiddling their mustaches and plotting their next evil scheme. Evil beats Decay, since Evil people would be the type to cause them to decay further, which is just dastardly. Evil type also beats Peace, due to the whole idea of Evil acts being considered "disturbing the peace".

Prank type is full of jokesters and tricksters. Not malevolent, per se, they just get a kick out of surprising other people. They beat the Honor type, since Pranks can often betray Honor (I considered having a link to Never Gonna Give You Up here, but I think just mentioning it proves my point).

Peace type is simple, peaceful. It has no explicitly winning matchups, since it simply is full of those that fit the status quo.
Red becomes Order, the alignment and organization of things. Order is the pursuit of making things the way they should be- the process of taking disarray and returning it into a more stable state. Pokemon that fit this typing are those that build things, such as :Conkeldurr: and :Arceus:, as well as pokemon that stand for justice and fight evil, such as :Cobalion: and :Arcanine:.
Orange becomes Shock, the typing associated with violent change, explosions, and electric shock. Shock is a sudden shake-up of one's current reality. Many electric type pokemon fit this typing such as :Electrode: and :Regieleki:, as well as pokemon that use the element of surprise, or quick movements, such as :Zoroark: and :Golisopod:.
Yellow becomes Time, the unwavering passage of events. Time, being a fundamental reality of the universe, is admittedly not the easiest typing to fit onto pokemon. However, Pokemon such as :Dialga: and :Celebi: who control time certainly match this typing, as well as pokemon who are strongly affected by time or are quite ancient creatures, such as :Regigigas:, :Magearna:, and :Mew:.
Green becomes Primal, the earliest state of matter. Primal is the beginning of all things. Rock and fire pokemon fit this typing, as well as pokemon older than time. Pokemon such as :Magcargo:, :Groudon:, :Kyogre:, :Unown:, :Eternatus:, and :Palkia: would be considered Primal Pokemon.
Blue becomes Death, The end of corporeal being and life itself. Ghost pokemon fit this typing, as well as any pokemon associated with death, such as :Cofagrigus:, :Duskull:, :Absol:, and :Giratina:.
Purple becomes Nature, Symbolising the natural balance of the world, as well as flora, fauna, and the world that supports such beings. Grass and ground type pokemon fit this typing, as well as pokemon directly connected to nature, such as :Tapu Fini:, :Tropius:, :Landorus:, and :Dugtrio:.
Pink becomes Life, the type representing creating life, as well as all living things. Many normal types fit this typing. Pokemon such as :Miltank:, :Delcatty:, :Mew:, :Reuniclus:, and :Xerneas: fit this typing.
Black becomes Chaos, representing entropy and disorder. Dark type pokemon fit this typing well, as well as mischevious, evil, or dangerous pokemon. Pokemon such as :Thievul:, :Guzzlord:, :Gengar:, :Nihilego:, and :Yveltal: would be considered Chaos type.
White becomes Conflict, representing fighting, disagreement, and clashing ideas. Many fighting-type pokemon, as well as rabble-rousers and those associated with disruption would be conflict types. :Tauros:, :Grapploct:, :Nidoking:, and :Tapu Koko: fit the Conflict type.
Gray becomes Creation, specifically pokemon that were created and given life. This type is associated with technology, and digital pokemon such as :Porygon:, :Klinklang:, :Mewtwo:, and :Golurk:.

Powder is renamed to Ritual, as in moves that are themselves rituals, or take a moment to use. Shock pokemon move too fast and strike too quickly to be targeted by a thought-out attack.
Poison is renamed to Despair. Toxic Poison is renamed to Hopelessness. Time heals all wounds, and Life always finds a way to overcome.
Freeze is renamed to Change. Only Primal is immune to change, as it's defined by being at the beginning of everything.
Burn is renamed to Decay. Death is immune to decay, as it has already died.
Paralysis is renamed to Logic. Only Life has the ability to behave illogically, and is instead guided by will and emotion.

Order is strong against and resists Chaos. Order is the process of undoing chaos. Order needs chaos to exist, there is no order without Chaos.
Order is strong against and resists Nature. Order takes what is natural and restores it, or puts it into further arrangement.

Shock is strong against Order. A sharp shock is needed to set order out of alignment, and disrupt the process of order.
Shock is strong against and resists Life. A violent action is needed to end life, and life can be ended in a moment.
Shock is strong against and resists Conflict. A sharp change in state can begin or end a conflict- shock precedes conflict. Conflict can only feed the sharp change of shock.

Time is strong against and resists Shock. A brief shock is nothing to the passage of time.
Time is strong against Time. Time cannot be defeated, only waited out.

Primal is strong against and resists Death. Death returns a being to their primal state. Primal existed before death and will exist after the last being has passed.
Primal is strong against and resists Nature. Nature is born from Primal, thus Primal precedes nature and is the underlying form of matter.

Death is strong against and resists Nature. Death puts a stop to natural beings.
Death is strong against and resists Life. All living things must die.
Death is strong against and is IMMUNE to Chaos. The only way to avoid entropy is to cease existence. Chaos cannot touch what is already gone.
Death resists Death. What is already dead cannot die.

Nature is strong against and resists Shock. Nature cares not for brief changes, and continues on unchanged.

Life is strong against and resists Primal. Life has the ability to transform the primal and move beyond what primal provides. Life is the culmination of the primal, the final product. Without life, Primal is meaningless.
Life resists Life. Even in death, life creates further life. It's the circle of liiiiife!

Chaos is strong against and resists Time. Chaos feeds on time, warping the world further with each passing moment.
Chaos is strong against and resists Creation. Everything created is eventually destroyed.

Conflict is strong against Order. Order requires unity and peace to progress. Conflict always begins the undoing of order.
Conflict resists Conflict. Conflict to conflict only creates more conflict.
Also, 48 hour warning for signing up to help make moves, abilities, and items! If you miss these 48 hours, I will not let you make those for this mod! Below is the entire list of participants so far...
  • anaconja
  • AquaticPanic
  • BitBitio
  • Cookie Butter
  • DeinoDNA
  • DuoM2
  • earl
  • El Cadaver
  • Ema Skye
  • Gravity Monkey
  • I am the Impostor
  • J2__PT
  • kakaks
  • Lapzaplerq
  • Magmajudis
  • Mossy Sandwich
  • NeonNitroGlycerin
  • readytolose
  • Scoopapa
  • Smoshfan2003
  • Squawkerz
  • TheUltraFinder
  • zxgzxg

Last edited:
DeinoDNA, NeonNitroGlycerin, Gravity Monkey

Honorable mentions: Cookie Butter, AquaticPanic

I agree with duo on saying that gravity monkey's naming conventions are very restrictive on how moves and mons can be named/themed, so no matter how much i love them i'll give them third place, my votes go to subs that remind me of the types found on digimon and dragon quest games and are just sorted out by what i personally liked more.

Editing to answer J4ce below, i think piscine->ghoul makes sense but not for the examples listed, its more about the fact that some legends mention ghosts and other spirits being scared of water (not necessarily holy water) or uncapable of crossing rivers, i find it very fitting.

Last edited:
DeinoDNA, AquaticPanic, J4ce

My only issue with Deino's submission is the Piscine > Ghoul interaction, other than that I think it strikes the right balance between being relatable to a pokemon-experienced user, letting us create a lot of good pokemon ideas, and still creating new interactions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)