Extreme Ubers Laddering Challenges!
Hi everyone! This came to my mind recently and I think it could be really fun. Basically, what these challenges are going to be is storming the ladder, but with a twist - you will have obey a specific condition that I place on your teambuilding. If you noticed the title, these conditions will be designed to be very difficult, designed to challenge you in both teambuilding and your battling skills. I'm planning to have a new one every single week, depending on how busy I am and how bothered I can be to put up a new thread, but basically you will attempt to get the highest ladder ranking when following the weekly condition. These constraints may vary in difficulty week in week out, but I will make sure no week is a breeze. Some weeks it may be comparatively easy, while some weeks it will be downright insane. There will also be wildcards, which could potentially make your life a little bit easier, but these won't be in every week! This is essentially "Hard mode" or "Lunatic mode" of our Ubers forum. It may be slightly easier than you may expect given the horrendously low skill level of our ladder.
I will attempt to lobby for some sort of reward (trophy, badge?) to be bestowed upon the winner of multiple weeks, but don't get your hopes up about that. For now, the only rewards that you will get out of these challenges are 1) the challenge itself (thrill of the hunt) and 2) bragging rights.
Without further ado, we'll start week 1!
- Create a fresh alt that has not battled at all
- Record your highest ladder ranking (screenshot) and post it in the thread
- The deviation cut-off is 85 (which means you need a deviation of 85 or less)
- Post your team along with your ladder ranking so I can make sure that you've stuck to the condition
- Ask any questions in this thread
- Feel free to discuss any potential strategies in this thread too
This weeks challenge: You must not use items on any of your Pokemon.
- This means ANY item. No Plates that could turn your Arceus into another forme, no Giratina-O, unless...
Wildcards (to make your job a little easier):
- You may use ONE Pokemon with an item. This would include plates and orbs which change formes. So, if you want to use your Arceus forme that's not Normal, you need to use up your wildcard. Same goes for Giratina-O.
Week 1 challenge:
- Use the weaker attack stat of all Pokemon
- Wildcard: One coverage move is allowed using your stronger Attack stat provided no STAB AND Pokemon with both attacking stats under 100 were exempt
- Winner: shrang - ACRE = 2010
Week 2 challenge:
- Must use at least 2 NFEs on your team, Eviolite is banned
- Wildcard: None
- Winner: ZoroarkForever - ACRE = 1962
Week 3 challenge:
- Must use a monotype team
- Wildcard: None
- Winner: Hack He Must - ACRE = 2072
Have fun! Week ends at 11:59pm GMT+10 on 11st August, 2013.