Monotype Fairy - Mega Diancie Aurora Veil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Diancie Aurora Veil Offense

Opening Remarks

Hello all, this was a team that I put together the other day and just messed around with. I found success with but just wanted to post because I really enjoyed using it and to improve upon it before I continue laddering.

The Team

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Firstly, we have the mega of this team, Mega Diancie. I chose this because out of all the Fairy type mega Pokemon, Mega Diancie fits my playstyle the most. The set I chose is just the typical, hyper offensive Diancie that most people use. One thing I noticed is that this is a nice answer to Sticky Web teams and setups in general because of Clear Body (switching in), and Magic Bounce (prevent setups). Not only this but sometimes I can also pull a Diancie lead followed by a switch out to scare others from attempting a setup.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

I chose Tapu Bulu as one of my damage dealers because, despite its low speed stat, it still has good bulk to survive attacks and high attack to deal a bunch of damage in return. Personally, I have never enjoyed running choice items, but because of how much damage potential Tapu Bulu gains from it, it's too good to pass up. Overall, I usually use Bulu as a high damage output tank.

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

The third and final of my damage dealers is Azumarill. Ever since the release of Z-Moves, Azumarill became one of my favorite Pokemon solely due to Z-Belly Drum. Another perk of this Azumarill is that it also has access to Knock Off, which is one of my main answers to Choice Scarf Pokemon. Finally, the ability Huge Power really puts Azumarill over the top as a high damage Aqua Jet user.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere
- Trick

Ever since I used a Togekiss on my VGC 2018 Trick Room team that made it to top 100 on the leaderboard, I have liked using Togekiss. Despite access to flinch hax, in many scenarios, I actually use Trick to effectively render certain pokemon useless (mostly against Steel or Rock teams) instead of spamming Air Slash. This is especially effective against slow teams like the ones mentioned above because Air Slash wouldn't have done much to them anyway, so I might as well give them a useless item to work with.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Hypnosis
- Aurora Veil

Alolan Ninetales is the main reason I created this team. Originally, I wanted to make a screen based team, so I used Klefki, but based on the games I had, I preferred using and had more success with Alolan Ninetales. Another small, but important perk of this Pokemon is the fact that Hail can be used to destroy Focus Sashes so the rest of the team won't have to deal with it.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish

The final member of this team is Clefable. Originally, this spot belonged to Ribombee, but I realized that I didn't actually need the Sticky Web support to find success. Another reason Clefable is good for this team is because the team needed a good bulky pivot. Overall, I don't necessarily enjoy using Clefable, but I do think it fits well on the team.

Final Remarks

In the end, I got the team to around 1750s (started at 1500) because I haven't used it too much, but I believe I could get it higher up. I just wanted to post this to get some feedback and hopefully improve the team before I go back to the grind. Thanks for reading my post!

Link to Copy/Paste of the Team
https://pokepast.es/d6cc1df84e148079

Reactions: gum

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules state that you are only allowed to post 1 RMT every 2 weeks. Please wait until 2 weeks have passed following the post date of your other RMT before posting. Thanks and have a good rest of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)