BW OU fairyuser

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

*credit to skylight for the great banner!

Introduction

Hello everyone, dragonuser here, presenting one of the last teams I have built and probably will build for BW2 for quite a long time. This is the team that I used vs Whitequeen in WCOP Finals, and while it isn't a perfect team by any measure, its easily one of my favorite and most fun teams to use. This team is based around the infamous DragMag strategy, but not wanting to be too boring I tried to throw in a few twists to try and innovate the style. In my opinion, this team really displays team US EAST's teamwork, as nearly every set has been influenced by a member of EAST, and if it weren't for their incredible effort I would have never made it in the first place.

Teambuilding Process

So the team started off around one of my favorite Kyurem-B sets, Choice Scarf. Choice Scarf Kyurem-B is honestly a terror to face for some teams and I think that it is really under appreciated in the current metagame. Having used Scarf Kyurem-B in the past, I knew that his main obstacles would be bulky steels like Ferrothorn, especially when used in conjuction with Landorus-T. For this reason I decided to make the team a DragMag team, because not only have I never used DragMag, but at the time it also seemed like a very under appreciated style that could catch my opponent off guard. As result, Magnezone was added to the team. I opted for a Choice Specs version so I could guarantee taking out troublesome Pokemon like Ferrothorn in the Rain while limiting the hazards that were put up on my side of the field.

The next addition to the team is a staple for every DragMag team, Dragonite. With Multiscale intact, Dragonite can essentially survive any hit and is a perfect lure to weaken bulky Pokemon like Landorus-T and it easily draws out Steel-Types like Skarmory and Ferrothorn for Magnezone. Dragonite also made a lot of sense synergy wise, as it easily sets up on Breloom, something that has the potential to always stop a Scarf Kyurem-B sweep.

Having both Dragonite and Kyurem-B on a team with likely no spinner, my next concern was picking a lead that could effectively prevent Stealth Rocks from getting on the field. Aerodactyl immediately came to mind, as its faster than both SR Garchomp and SR Terrakion, while also beating Custap Leads very easily. Aerodactyl is also extemely reliable in laying Stealth Rocks himself, as he is faster than every other lead he doesn't need to worry about being taunted or slept.

At this point in time I started to look at the weaknesses my team had, and the overall weaknesses of the DragMag playstyle. DragMag has historically been weak to Hippowdon Sand Stall, and the team was starting to look a bit weak to everyone's favorite Dragon-Type, Garchomp. As result, I decided to add a Shuca Grass Knot Jirachi to the team, essentially acting as a lure for anything that my offensive core couldn't take down. If I remember correctly, the set that I was using was Iron Head / Icy Wind / Grass Knot / HP Fire, attempting to cause as much damage as I could to popular stall cores.

Looking at the team then, Latios seemed like a perfect fit. It was very fast, helping with my large weakness to Keldeo and Garchomp, while it also provided a lot of insurance against other weathers like Sun or Rain. I opted for a LO three attacks set at first, thinking this would probably be able to wreak the most havoc once Steel-Types were gone. With this, the first round of the team was complete. While it admittedly tested well, some members seemed somewhat out of place, and the team had really big issues with Keldeo + Tyranitar. While I really like the 6 members that I had chosen, I knew a change was needed.

While in the end, I decided to stick with my same six Pokemon, many of their sets were changed. Firstly, I changed Jirachi to a bulky Choice Scarf set, as I thought the team really needed speed and another scarfer helped with the Keldeo weakness. Similarly, while I don't remember my exact reasoning, I ended up changing Latios to a Choice Scarf set as well. Choice Scarf Latios was a burden for any opposing offensive team to deal with, and it easily lured and beat the annoying Expert Belt Keldeo set (was still faster after they Icy Winded). However, with these changes I really lost much of my wallbreaking power and Choice Scarf Kyurem-B was incredibly redundant. So I changed Kyurem-B to a Life Orb set I remembered Hugo using once on a sun team. I remember it was incredibly difficult to switch into and was also incredibly powerful, easily tearing up stall cores in conjuction with Magnezone. With this, the team reached its final stage.

The Team

BKC (Kyurem-B) @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 208 SAtk / 244 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

This set has honestly never let me down. Its almost ridiculous how strong it is, and how easily it tears apart common Stall cores. The EVs are rather simple, it has just enough Speed to Speed creep the 286 benchmark, with the offensive EVs being a variation of the onsite ones. The coverage that this guy has is honestly perfect, hitting nearly everything needed Super Effectively, while boasting incredible base stats. Dragon Claw is an option over Earth Power, but I have found that the coverage offered is generally better, as Ice - Electric - Ground can be very difficult to switch into. Kyurem-B not only plays an important role as a wallbreaker (which it is near perfect at doing), but also serves as a very crucial Water-Type resist and Scald switch in. This set can very easily make defensive Politoed/Tentacruel/any other Scald user regret staying in as they are essentially free switches for this guy, which is something no team really wants to let happen.

SIU (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Unnerve
EVs: 212 Atk / 112 SAtk / 184 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

I really don't understand why Aerodactyl isn't used more in this metagame, its pretty much one of the best leads in my opinion. It easily stops SR Garchomp and Terrakion from setting rocks, and can just SR the next turn as they bring him to his Focus Sash. Unnerve is also really nice for the insane amount of Custap leads used in the metagame currently. Not only can I taunt Custap leads, but I don't have to worry about them switching in on moves and trying to activate Custap berry before I can taunt. Unnerve is also pretty useful for if Aerodactyl doesn't get suicided and can be switched in as a Terrakion or Garchomp Substitute down into Salac Berry range, only to negate its activation. Aerodactyl also beats the common Magic Bouncers like Xatu and Espeon, further guaranteeing Stealth Rocks on your opponents side of the field. The moves on Aerodactyl are picked with popular spinenrs in mind. Fire Blast absolutely destroys Forretress (and Custap Skarmory), while also doing a large amount to Donphan in the Sun. Stone Edge is a useful STAB, while hitting Starmie and Tentacruel decently hard if needed. The EVS allow Aerodactyl to always OHKO certain variants of Scizor and Forretress, while giving Fire Blast more power vs Donphan. Since the team does have Magnezone, Tailwind is a viable option over Fire Blast, but due note that this will make it harder to guarantee Stealth Rocks on your opponents side of the field.

Badass (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Its pretty much undeniable that Jirachi is the king of BW2 OU. I think it was used on something like 60% of Wcop teams, and is such a versatile and amazing Pokemon. Jiraci really serves as the main revenger for the team, serving as my primary Swords Dance Lucario and Swords Dance Scizor check, while also giving my team a large boost in both momentum and Speed. The EVs on Jirachi are fairly simple, it has just enough speed to beat Scarf Politoed and any scarfer below that range, while putting the rest of its EVs into Attack and HP. The extra bulk really helps on Jirachi, as this is my primary switch in to all Dragon-Type moves. So while Scarf Jirachi was originally intended to be another Keldeo check, I wasn't able to fit Zen Headbutt on the moveset itself, but Jirachi can still work in a pinch by U-turning mid-game or Iron Heading Keldeo for the final hit. The moves give Jirachi arguably the best overall coverage for the team. U-turn and Iron head are obvious necessities, one providing momentum, while the other being the main move to spam once Steel-Types are removed. Fire Punch lets Jirachi serve as a very reliable check to Jolly SD Scizor and Adamant SD Lucario, as both beat my main answer to Steel-Types, Magnezone. Ice punch is arguably the least needed move, but the insurance it provides against Dragon-Types is just too good to pass up. Once again, if you really feel that Keldeo is an issue that you cannot play around, Zen Headbutt is an option on Jirachi, but the trouble is finding a place to fit it.

CTC (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 144 HP / 216 SAtk / 148 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Sleep Talk
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone's role on this team is pretty self apparent. It is here to trap all the Steel-Types that could potentially stop my Dragon-Type's sweeps. I opted for a Choice Specs set so I could hit Ferrothorn in the rain as hard as possible, limiting the hazards it got up on my side of the field. The Speed EVs let Magnezone outspeed 4 Speed Specially Defensive Heatran, and the many Steel-Type Pokemon below it. I don't remember exactly what the HP EVs do, but Magnezone comfortably lives a Breloom Mach Punch and can tank Dragon-Type moves in a pinch. The reason why living a Breloom Mach Punch is so important is because I have Sleep Talk on this set. I remember TGMD used this set a really long time ago, and I thought it was a pretty innovative way to deal with Breloom (and Amoonguss consequentially). Nothing on my team, bar Lum Berry Dragonite, really wants to take a sleep so I knew fitting Sleep Talk somewhere would be really helpful. It came down to either Latios or Magnezone, but as you will see later, I decided to fit another surprise on Latios so Magnezone ended up getting Sleep Talk. Sleep Talk actually works really well on Magnezone, as I have a 2/3 chance to outright KO Breloom, and if I do roll Volt Switch then I can just switch into something like Latios or Dragonite which doesn't mind taking on Breloom. The other moves are fairly standard, getting the necessary coverage to make Magnezone work optimally.

Stone_Cold (Dragonite) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Multiscale Dragonite is one of the best gifts given by Gen 5. Its an outrageously good Pokemon, that can really setup vs nearly anything. I am pretty much using the standard set here, because it is just so amazingly good. Earthquake is chosen over Fire Punch to deal with Heatran, who is one of the few Steel-Types that can beat Magnezone, and Fire Punch isn't really needed given the rest of my team. The EV spread is slightly different than the standard spread, and thats really just because BKC gets a bit crazy about optimizing EV spreads and assures me this is the best EV spread for DD Dragonite. It hits 250 Speed, meaning it still outspeeds everything relevant at +1, so I don't see any harm in adding a little bit more bulk. I mean the only relevant thing really between 250-259 speed is Jolly Scizor, which will be Bullet Punching you anyways. Lum Berry is nice for ending Outrage confusion and clearing Sleep induced by Breloom. Really the set is quite standard, and for good reason, as this guy is just an amazingly great Pokemon.

IDM Hugo (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Sandstorm

Just like Hugo, this guy is one of the most crucial members on the team. He is absolutely amazing vs other offensive teams, and gives me a solid way to hit opposing Scarf Jirachi incase Magnezone somehow goes down. The EVs are pretty standard, just maximizing damage output and ensuring that he outspeeds Adamant Stoutland and Scarf Keldeo/Terrakion. The moveset is fairly standard, Draco Meteor being the main revenging and powerhouse move. Psyshock and Surf mainly being there for coverage, with Psyshock being a nice guaranteed KO on Calm Mind Keldeo. The last move, Sandstorm, probably requires a bit of explanation. While I do have Dragonite, Kyurem-B and Latios, I still feel somewhat vulnerable to a Venusaur at +2, or a Tornadus spamming Specs Hurricanes in the rain. Also when seeing this team, opposing players don't think its necessary to really save their weather inducers, and would much rather sack them to a powerful Outrage or Kyurem-B. As such, it is pretty easy to bring in Latios mid-game and fire off a SandStorm, permanently disrupting their weather abusers and almost guaranteeing the win in most cases. Vs Sun, the second Ninetales goes down I try and get a SandStorm off, as +2 Venusaur is a notable threat.

Conclusion

This team has easily been one of my favorite teams to use in BW2 and is not only effective, but very fun to use. I also really enjoy this team because each set has some form of influence from a member of US East, and really just serves as a reminder of our Wcop run and how much fun it was. I really just want to thank everyone I have met while playing Pokemon, especially those who have helped me become the player I am today. I still remember joining RGE's Serebii clan, getting involved with Serebii, and eventually moving over to Smogon where I met so many great people. Special shoutouts to team US EAST, Cryonicles, the RMT team, and all of my friends from Serebii (especially TheGreekTerror). Dice and HSA are also cute, while danilo and eo are homosexuals. Its been a pleasure playing BW2, and can't wait for the XY release soon.

Importable
Code:
BKC (Kyurem-B) @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 208 SAtk / 244 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

SIU (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Unnerve
EVs: 212 Atk / 112 SAtk / 184 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Badass (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

CTC (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 144 HP / 216 SAtk / 148 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Sleep Talk
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Stone_Cold (Dragonite) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

IDM Hugo (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Sandstorm
Please keep the nicknames ^_^

Last edited:

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
this is a very based bw team, created by a very based group of users who got a very based trophy ;)

i love this team, it is definitely one of my favorite US East creations. i hadn't seen it until you tested it with the team a few hours for the match and was shaky on your using it, but i think your domination of whitequeen cemented it as being fucking awesome.

man when you showed me this team like 20 minutes before you played i fucking screamed at you to not use this garbage and i was convinced that you were gonna get crushed. thankfully you had the sense to name one of your pkmn after me and have it be the first one listed... the indian isnt wasted on you.

i think rock slide is better than stone edge on aero, the power loss is negligible and flinches save games, especially when the pkmn in question is named after luckitup.

extremely disappointed you didnt name the team inseminated adoption...

Its an outrageously good Pokemon​
terrible.

ilu <3

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This team does not have Latias.

3/10 and I'm being generous.

Also why didn't you name the RU pkmn after me smh.
v strong team ilu

dragonuser

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
use specs latios.

its better.
enjoy getting mauled by sun :[|]

of all the teams you could rmt you choose the shakeitup one

loser
ilu <3

this is a very based bw team, created by a very based group of users who got a very based trophy ;)

i love this team, it is definitely one of my favorite US East creations. i hadn't seen it until you tested it with the team a few hours for the match and was shaky on your using it, but i think your domination of whitequeen cemented it as being fucking awesome.

man when you showed me this team like 20 minutes before you played i fucking screamed at you to not use this garbage and i was convinced that you were gonna get crushed. thankfully you had the sense to name one of your pkmn after me and have it be the first one listed... the indian isnt wasted on you.

i think rock slide is better than stone edge on aero, the power loss is negligible and flinches save games, especially when the pkmn in question is named after luckitup.

extremely disappointed you didnt name the team inseminated adoption...

terrible.

ilu <3
Rock Slide misses a few kos on mons like Xatu, Ninetales (252/0), etc. And I mean really, since the Aero is named after SIU its not like it will ever miss Stone Edge.

ilu <3

This team does not have Latias.

3/10 and I'm being generous.

Also why didn't you name the RU pkmn after me smh.
v strong team ilu
sorry man, gotta abuse the SIU luck as much as possible :[|]

still love you tho <3

team so good zone doesn't even need that 4 EVs its missing
ah, fixed n_n

dragonuser

Yea a well played offensive Heatran can be a threat. I don't think sub HP ice necessarily sweeps me, given that multiple Pokemon can break the sub/prevent it going up while Kyurem-B and Latios can both tank hits, outspeed and threaten OHKOs (after a sub and rocks damage in Latios's case). But yea you are right that I have to be careful with Jirachi and Magnezone when my opponent has a Heatran, and prevent myself from getting into a situation where it gets too many subs.

Surprisingly Scrafty can tank most of the hits from my team, but given how it will have a lot of difficulty setting up for free, it should be picked off fairly easily at +1 by either Latios (doing 75 - 88.23% with Draco Meteor to Dragon Dance variants) or Jirachi (doing 35.66 - 42.27% with Iron Head to Dragon Dance variants). However, I do agree that the abundantly popular Bulk Up + Rest Shed Skin Scrafty could pose a threat if I, foolishly, let it setup a few Bulk Ups.

Hey DU, solid team.
I tried this team with Raindance over Sandstorm on latios only to help cancel out sand from ttar. I guess though they might want to save ttar for latios which is why i ran a custom zone set I've been using that fits this team sort of well.

You can try it if you want, its really all about trade-offs. I mean I don't think this will improve the team in any major way but its an option you can consider to test out versatility.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 232 SAtk / 148 Spd
- Sunny Day
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magic Coat

Magic coat loom- spore/ferro spikes etc.

Sunnyday for extra weather control since it would kill off rainteams faster, also kils off jirachi easier.
If you use this raindance on Latios works better imo since you can preserve the scale of dnite so long as you prevent hazards which you can do easily with this zone+Aero. Anyways just thought it may be worth testing out, since allowing sand to play to its own style is never fun.

dragonuser

Thanks for the rate!

Sunny day magnezone does sound pretty cool, making it really easy to beat rain ferrothorn and has some pretty cool utility with Magic Coat. My only issue with Sunny Day is that it doesnt help vs Sun teams, who can be quite difficult to face, but given that you do have a valid point in worrying about some Sand Teams I guess its useful to mention that Hail can also be used against Sandstorm. The two are really interchangeable, with the goal being to disrupt Sunny Day and Rain teams from abusing their weathers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)