XY OU Fakemcfakerson's Traphouse (Trick Room Peaked 1770)

Would you visit my Traphouse?

• Yes

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • HELL YES

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Drugs r bad mkay

Votes: 45 60.8%

• Total voters
First of all if you came here thinking this was a team based on trapping the opponents with poke's like Magnezone and Gothitelle you should probably leave.​

Traphouse: Where drugs are sold / made.

"If you ain't a hoe get out of my house traphousssssssssssse"-Bobby Shmurda

"I been smoking weed since like the 6th grade"- Bobby Shmurda

Anyway now that we got that out of the way welcome to my RMT. I usually mess around on the ladder with gimmick teams(ik trick room is gimmicky too) but after getting permanently locked on showdown :))) I decided to make a serious team and try to get high in the ladder since I consider myself a decent battler. That failed miserably due to my weak attention span and need for gimmicks. So I went back to one of my favorite teams to use back in gen 5, Trick Room. I brought back my original core and added some Gen 6 stuff to it. It ended up all right getting me to about 1770 on the ladder before I experienced a hella tilt but I was pleased with the results considering I just made this team fucking around while I was high on Angel Dust(Just Kidding?) Anyway I was wondering what suggestions you guys had on here to help me improve this team because its definitely one of my all time favorite teams I've ever used.

"Back to baggin ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS"- Chief Keef
Crack (Diancie) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack/ 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Explosion
- Diamond Storm
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock

I needed a trick room setter who could also set up stealth rock and was bulky enough to take a hit. Diancie is usually my lead most of the time unless I think my opponent is going to lead with a steel type like Scizor, Bisharp, or Excadrill. Diancie has pretty good bulk and helps to protect my team from Talonflame, Thundurus, Dragonite, most flying types in general and Mega Heracross. Diamond Storm is for people who are too dumb to switch out their Talonflames and Thundurus. Moonblast helps me take out Garchomp and Dragonite after Multiscale is broken. Diancie usually dies but manages to at least get up Stealth Rock and Trick Room while occasionally taking out one or two of the opposing team's Pokemon. As much as I like Diancie though I have considered maybe swapping her for Bronzong due to my teams weakness to steel types.
EDIT: Changed leftovers to focus sash which helped me alot more as it let me set up rocks or trick room depending on my opponents team and I also switched explosion with moonblast to help me sacrifice diancie for momentum which is crucial on trick room teams.

"Dress nicely and do some ecstasy."- Rondonumbanine
Ecstasy (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- HP Fighting

Porygon2 is my 2nd trick room setter and with his natural bulk and eviolite and i dumped his evs into hp and sp attack. This allows me to take a hit from pokemon like Garchomp, Talonflame, Latios and etc and set up trick room and then KO them. Ice beam is there for dragons, Gliscor, and Lando while thunderbolt helps me deal with Talonflame and Azumarill. Recover is there for recovery (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ). All in all porygon2 is a reliable setter whose main job is to soak up hits and set up tr while managing to get a KO here or there. Edit: took out recover since recover didn't really do much for me and hp fighting lets me ohko bisharp who is a bitch to deal with it and most people stay in on porygon2.

"Cocaine is one hell of a drug"- Rick James
Cocaine (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 174 HP / 82 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot

Cofagrigus is so underrated and is the savior of this team more often than not. Cofagrigus's bulk allows it to survive almost any hit (except boosted/stab knock off's) and will-o-wisp them or activate trick room in return. The thing that makes Cofag so valuable to this team though is his ability mummy which transfers upon physical contact moves. This is extremely helpful to my team against ability dependent physical attacking pokemon like Azumarill, Medicham, Mega Mawile, Talonflame and many others who become useless with mummy. Cofagrigus is also capable of sweeping under trick room after getting a nasty plot off as shadow ball has great coverage. Will-O-Wisp is for those stubborn attackers who don't wanna switch out. The EVs sp attack allow cofag to become a threat after one nasty plot.

"I ain't with the drama, You can meet my llama"- Chief Keef
Steroids (Conkeldurr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch

Edit:Used to be AV conk but i switched to life orb sheer force set because i need more POWER but this set works way better as Conk can surprise Clefable and Scizor who both give my team major problems with fire punch and poison jab. Mach Punch is there for priority and Hammer Arm over drain punch because who needs recovery when you have POWER. Most people assume he is assault vest guts Conk and dont bother to status him until they see the life orb recoil from hammer arm or mach punch.

"I just tried to get some hot pockets when I was attacked by a SeaBear" -Unidentified man on Angel Dust
Angel Dust (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Reuniclus is a bawss. Once trick room is up he just tears apart anything not named Chansey. Magic Guard is a great ability and allows me to send Reuniclus out to sponge status. Psyshock is my main stab and OHKO's assault vest Conkeldurr and Mega Venusaur who are annoying to the rest of my team. Shadow ball is for latios/latias/alakazam and other psychic/ghost types and focus blast is for T-tar, heatran, and Excadrill and friends. Reuniclus always nets a kill when he is in the game and he would be the mvp of the team if it wasn't for this next guy...

"BITCH CAUGHTA BODY BOUTA WEEK AGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" - Bobby Shmurda
Crystal Meth (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Crystal Meth is one of the hardest drugs out there so it only makes sense that my team has Mega Abomasnow, one of the hardest motherfucking pokemon in the whole goddamn game. I know Mega Mawile is the preferred mega but seeing as Mawile is most likely get banned (RIP) and wanting to be different I chose Mega Abomasnow. After using it for a couple of games I realized its potential for greatness. Abomasnow after its mega evolution gains a decent amount of bulk and hits like a fucking truck. Usually when Diancie is in the game if my opponents pokemon can't hurt it they will send out a water type if they don't have a steel like Azumarill or Rotom-W, I usually trick room on the turn they switch and then if i predict a waterfall/hydro pump/volt switch i switch into Abomasnow who manages to take the hit without taking too much, then I mega evolve and proceed to dent my opponents team. Blizzard is the go to move here as it does heavy damage to almost every pokemon that doesn't resist it. Giga Drain is for the water types. Ice shard is for priority when trick room is down to revenge kill and earthquake is for Heatran who would otherwise wall Abomasnow completely. Abomasnow is definitely the MVP of this team and manages to get at least 2-3 kills when trick room is up. Evs are max in sp Atk and Atk cause wynaut and soundproof because sometimes before i mega evolve I can get a safe switch into bug buzz, hyper voice, or heal bell.

Errr anyway that is the team for you if you have any suggestions to make it better or you just wanna be a meanie and bash it to make me feel sad that is cool as well. Sorry if it's misspelled and poorly written I was very tired (and on heroin) when I posted this. Thank you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)!

Threats:

SCIZOR: I usually switch into Cofagrigus to give him mummy which helps me deal with him better, sometimes I am able to catch Scizor with a burn which helps alot but yeah he does alot of damage to everything on my team and its hard to stop him from setting up sometimes i gotta sack something so i can send Conk into fire punch if he doesn't switch out.

MEGA MAWILE: Similar to scizor have to try and bait an iron head and switch to Cofag to transfer mummy. THIS MOTHERFUCKER GOT BANNED HAHA THATS WHAT YOU GET STUPID BITCH.

CLEFABLE: It doesn't really matter what set it is. If it gets to 2 calm minds its usually gg. Added poison jab on conk to help me deal with it better.

I'm sure the others but I'm really to tired to remember.

Since I see you nubs are stealing my team anyways. (Savages)​
Crack (Diancie) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Clear Body
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Diamond Storm

Ecstasy (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 2 Spe
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Ice Beam

Cocaine (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 174 HP / 82 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

Steroids (Conkeldurr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab
- Fire Punch

Angel Dust (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Crystal Meth (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain

"What happens in the traphouse stays in the traphouse"

Last edited:
Best RMT ever. Easily the most entertaining read out there. I'm not too familiar w/ trick room but this seems pretty great, and I've always wanted to see MegaSnow used correctly.

Few questions:
How do you deal w/ priority stuff, considering Diancie is 4x weak to BP, as well as the snowgolem?
Are Conk and Snow running 0Speed?
Have you thought about swapping Mach out for Fire Punch for coverage on Conk? Do you need priority in a trickroom set?

Anyway, loved seeing Trace, and loved the references.

z0mOG come up dissin and you come up missin

Shgeldz
1. Usually go to cofagrigus for mach punch and bullet punch from scizor and upon contact cofag transfers mummy to scizor so its not as bad of a threat but if cofag is down its a big problem and i gotta switch around.

2. I just realized I had conk on adamant instead of brave thanks.

3. Yeah I've considered it but mach punch has helped out alot after the other team is weakened and I just need to pick them off. I'm still undecided tho.

GeoffBruedly I appreciate the support( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
So a quick overview of what I noticed is that you lack any good reliable revenge killer outside of trick room. Although amazing when the trick room is up, you are setting yourself up to get stalled out of trick room turns then swept. The best counter to this is to run something like scarfed landorus, who walls bisharp and scizor, to come in after your trick room has ended and check pokemon out to allow safer pivots into setting up another trick room.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I know a bunch of PS staff members liked this because "lol fake" but I can't say no to Mega Abomasnow.

Anyway you could probably give Victini a shot over Reuniclus. Eats up Scizor, keeps Bisharp way the hell out, and has the sexy TR + V-Create combo. You can even get weird and use like TR / V-Create / Zen Headbutt / Sub for Bisharp. You're a bit weaker to CroCune that way but you have Abomasnow for that I guess

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Ah nice TR by our man fake :]

yeah AV conk is kinda disgustingly weak, TR is a hit hard die hard playstyle yo mons need to be powerful af and av conk currently doesn't do that.
I'd prolly consider a nice LO sheer force set with poison jab/drain punch/mach/who cares or a status orb set with basically the same moveset except facade>jab. I tell ya man I played TR seriously on the OU ladder way back in the old rating system and a guts boosted conk's facade was not something to toy around with O_O Poison jab would help out with clefable ofc.

I'd definitely consider hp fire on reuni over shadow ball or something considering how much of a threat scizor is, you could dump it on p2 as well actually over some move; its incredibly how many steels switch into p2 thinking they're safe.

Other than that noice team :]

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

this team lacks immediate power outside of abomasnow and rankurusu, but also lacks the resilience necessary to make up for that. so there are 2 things u can try out that may or may not improve this team. the first is following srn's suggestion and running LO + SF Conk > AV you get a pretty baller clefable lure and get to maintain most of this team. the only real downside of that is the dramatic reduction of conk's longevity, which makes it harder to check ttar and sharp. the second option is swapping diancie out for sr tran; this gives you a pretty good (secondary) check to both bisharp (just watch out for sly sd sharp) and scizor and lets you retain a pretty nice thund / talon check. sr / fire blast / earth power / stone edge (or flash cannon / taunt / explosion) should suffice for the role you need it for. oh yeah speaking of explosion, if you decide to keep diancie, i reeeeally recommend running explosion > moonblast (meaningless coverage, really, because ur still beating latios and have other mons to check fightingmons with) so you don't waste turns of TR and, at the very least, can get another mon in safely.

ummm.... as far as other "big" changes go, you can try cresselia out > porygon. you'll get a TRer that maintains the ability to heal, and a 100% heal for any mon on ur team. it may just be a pretty awkward change because you seem to be very fond of P2, but it COULD push this team in a more beneficial direction.

hope i helped, and good luck with the team fren ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I am not an everyday OU player, but i spot a few things. First off, if im not mistaken moonblast and diamond storm are both special on diancie so there is no reason to have 4 atk and not 4 spa atk. And though this seems meaningless, i find it to be much more beneficial to run snow warning on Mega Abo before mega evolving because if you switch into a Ttar or Hippowdon sandstorm, you are taking unnecessary damage. And personally, i would run max hp over special defense on Conk. Also, personally, i would run max hp over max attack on The Abdominal Snow Man. Just my opinion though

I am not an everyday OU player, but i spot a few things. First off, if im not mistaken moonblast and diamond storm are both special on diancie so there is no reason to have 4 atk and not 4 spa atk. And though this seems meaningless, i find it to be much more beneficial to run snow warning on Mega Abo before mega evolving because if you switch into a Ttar or Hippowdon sandstorm, you are taking unnecessary damage. And personally, i would run max hp over special defense on Conk. Also, personally, i would run max hp over max attack on The Abdominal Snow Man. Just my opinion though
There are several things wrong here, friend. Foremost, Diamond Storm is physical, not special; it does resemble Power Gem in a few ways--and many believed it to be special at the time of its reveal--but it's definitely physical. Second, when Soundproof Abomasnow gains Snow Warning upon Mega Evolving, it will get an extra turn of Hail, which is fantastic because Abomasnow is bulky enough to stay in an use Blizzard after Trick Room is gone (the additional turn of Hail damage also prevents Focus Sash users from recklessly switching in). While we're still on Abomasnow, while max Attack isn't the most ideal spread (pretty sure that there's a more sensible offensive benchmark for Earthquake and / or Ice Shard, but I don't feel like calcing), Mega Abomasnow absolutely needs the power so it can successfully optimize every turn of Trick Room that it gets. Lastly, it's generally more beneficial for Assault Vest Conkeldurr to have higher Special Defense; with heavy bias in HP, Assault Vest Conkeldurr will take special hits noticeably worse. The extra investment WOULD help with Bisharp a bit, however, but that's about it.

chipsquared I know this team is vulnerable when trick room is down but with 4 trick room setters on the team I don't really have a problem keeping it up and the trick room abuses on my team are all powerful enough that not many teams can safely switch into them.

@Articblast Thanks. I'll give Victini a try as he would really help my Scizor and Bisharp weakness but I really like Reuniclus.

Srn9130 I tried your idea of using life orb + sheer force Conkeldurr and he has been working great for me especially poison jab which has caught many fairies off guard.

Chillarmy Porygon2 is there to stay as his bulk is necessary to setting up trick room and Cresselia's psychic type would just give me a bigger weakness to Bisharp + Scizor.

Sam White I'd respond but Chillarmy basically said everything I was going to say.

Imma keep it 3hunna #squad. Your team is "lackin" a Raichu counter. Ever been hit up by a specs Signal beam doe. Also, Sylveon with wish and calm mind is on some BDK stuff with ur team.

Seriously tho, you got three mons who arent taking a knock off which is one of the most common moves to date. I would also run sub on Cof to avoid Sucker Punches.
And ditch Diance, thats that shit I dont like

Moneyminty damn you really opened my eyes never realized how much Raichu fucks up this team.

But seriously I might consider switching Nasty Plot for substitute on Cof and what pokemon can I switch Diancie for that can set rocks and trick room. (Not Bronzong I hate that nigga)

Trap house jumpin' like Jordan!

Also Mega Mawile is banned so your team no longer has to worry about being caught lacking to that.

Seconding Srn's suggestion about HP Fire on Reuniclus over Shadow Ball to cover up your Scizor weakness.

Your team sorta has a big weakness to special walls, as if Conkeldurr is down, you get walled by [insert relevant special wall here]
Maybe you should use the Victini or consider some other physical wallbreaker (whatever fits your team well)
Other than that, ayy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)