SS UU fast as you can

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion

click for paste

I set out to build Specs Porygon-Z Webs since the adaptability tri attack go brrr. Naturally, I started with Porygon-Z and went with Ribombee as the web setter. Immediately added Noivern because... Noivern. Terrakion was the next member due to Stealth Rock and being able to check a good amount of shit with its natural bulk. Zarude basic glue mon with good typing. Chandelure I haven't used much at all and thought would be a cool pick. This ended up being one of my favorite squads since getting back into UU a bit and wanted to share before DLC2 impacts the tier.

Set Analysis
49A68686-0C2C-4D7D-8F87-DEF6E4D8003B.png

Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Flame Charge

This absolute demon ended up taking the spotlight from Porygon-Z a bit. I was never a fan of Chandelure outside of its design. But it has proven immensely more viable compared to the last generation with Pursuit everywhere. Calm Mind makes anything not named Incineroar struggle to come in. Flame Charge at first sounds... kinda bad. Chandelure does not have amazing bulk and misses out on Coverage or Status which are much easier to click. However, in practice, it can clean up games and have a few strong matchups. Whenever a mon is sacked to Chandy there's a Flame Charge opportunity and the speed boost can let Chandelure Calm Mind up in front of Noivern. Flash Fire is the selected ability for comfortably beating Sylveon in the Calm Mind war blocking Mystical Fire, with the added bonus of seriously screwing with Sun builds.

Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Roost

Noivern is one of the top mons right now. It covers so much of the tier on its own and has Roost to check threats throughout the game. Adding it to webs is kind of a no brainer given how easily it can support a team-- not needing webs up to outspeed nearly the entire tier. It could also Taunt to help keep webs up or U-turn to get in a breaker. In this case, I went with U-turn given how scary Chandelure, Terrakion, and Porygon-Z could be. Hurricane is often free to click and comes without the Draco Meteor drops, which could potentially give something like Power Herb Necrozma an easier setup. Having no Draco Meteor makes it walled by Rotom-Wash, but can U-turn on it anyway. It's generally much easier to run now that Rhyperior is OU. Infiltrator is great for getting around Screen teams and the more rare Substitute users.

Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- U-turn

Besides being cuter than Araquanid, Ribombee is the better web-setter to me. It may not be able to threaten Steel-types but it more than makes up for it with its high-speed tier. Outspeeding Noivern is an incredible trait-- and threatens all of the tier's Fightin-types. Sticky Web can be rather useful with Chandelure and Porygon-Z in play. For example, Cobalion cannot switch into Porygon-Z since Tri-Attack would 2hko and Cobalion fails to outspeed (bar Heavy Duty Boots of its own). Psychic lets it touch the Poison-types of the tier, mainly hitting Weezing-Galar for solid damage. Being able to U-turn on Chansey, Copperajah, etc. typically leads to Terrakion getting up Stealth Rock or getting in substantial damage.

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

Even with 2348238 things running Heavy Duty Boots constantly, I wanted Stealth Rock. Getting chip damage on things like Rotom-Wash/Mow, Weezing-Galar, etc. is quite nice. Earthquake is chosen over Swords Dance since being able to set up was very rare compared to taking advantage of picking off pokemon without CC drops nor risking Stone Miss. Earthquake hits Doublade for some chip too. Heavy Duty Boots are chosen over Life Orb to keep Terrakion healthy enough to stay out of range of Noivern's Draco Meteor, Mamoswine's Ice Shard, etc. Terrakion is also able to make the opponent think twice before clicking a Dark-type move with Justified.

Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Power Whip
- U-turn
- Close Combat

u-turn bot lol. Zarude's typing and natural bulk make it a solid glue mon. It can threaten the top tier Slowbro and prevents the team from dropping to a boosted Polteageist. Heavy Duty Boots prevent it from getting worn down from hazards which is important due to the lack of removal. Close Combat is chosen for the sake of having another Bisharp check-- a pretty dangerous mon getting the Defiant boost from Sticky Web. Zarude is another pivot to get either Chandelure or Porygon-Z to set up or smash things as well. The team is fast-paced enough to where Jungle Healing/Synthesis is not ever really missed.

99B52572-C4EE-403D-BDFC-5C5211A472F7.png

Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Nasty Plot

This mon is absolutely brutal. The number of safe switch-ins to Tri Attack alone is extremely limited. Copperajah, Chansey, and Umbreon are all crippled by Trick and fail to reliably deal with Nasty Plot afterward. Shadow Ball nails the Ghost-types. Ribombee, Zarude, and Noivern all are reliable pivots for Porygon-Z to break Galarian Weezing, Slowbro, Rotom-Wash, etc. It is certainly an underutilized breaker given its immense offensive prowess. I hope Porygon-Z is able to see more use and won't be overwhelmed by the DLC2 changes down the line.

Threatlist

:necrozma: Meteor Beam Autonomize Necro can quickly overwhelm the team due to the lack of a Bisharp and its natural bulk. It does not get easy opportunities to speed boost and immediately Meteor Beam though. Dragon Dance is not as big a deal so long as webs are set up early.

:keldeo: :mienshao: The scarf fighting-types when paired with solid removal can be quite annoying since they can both hit Noivern and Ribombee hard. Otherwise, Sticky Web + Noivern/Ribombee itself can remove them. Though, if they click a fighting STAB, Chandelure is able to set up.

:barraskewda: While quite rare, Barraskewda outspeeds every mon on the team and runs Heavy Duty Boots to avoid webs. It is typically beaten by being forced out by a healthy Zarude and finished off by a flame charge boosted Chandelure in the end.

Replays

1603346977183.png1603347062604.png1603347173010.png
1603347342870.png

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)