Other Fast Survivor (S3 Won By Hannahh)

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Approved by DLE

Hello everyone and welcome to Fast Survivor. Periodically I will aim to host fast versions of the Survivor game in which the entire game happens live and from start to finish lasts about 3 to 6 hours with hopefully minimal breaks in between. Fast Survivor aims to create a suspenseful real-time game of Survivor in which decisions have to be made quickly and challenges require you to stay sharp and active. As a trial run, I ran the first fast Survivor game a week or two ago and since then multiple original participants have asked me to run it again.

This thread will serve as a placeholder for discussion, dates/times, suggestions, and record keeping for Fast Survivor. I'll try my best to keep the thread title updated on when the next scheduled Fast Survivor is so that people can participate when they are able to.

Ideally a Fast Survivor game will have 8 - 16 people who are all committed to playing for a 3 to 6 hour long chunk of time. Participants should preferably not sign up publicly in this thread and should instead PM the host if they wish to participate once a time has been set (this helps lessen pregame alliances). However, for the purposes of setting a time, potential players may post their availability and we'll obviously try to schedule things to work with both a host and a decent size pool of players. Simply replying to this thread and listing when you're able to play is a perfectly okay thing to do during periods when the next session hasn't been established yet.

The rules of Fast Survivor are the same as the circus versions you're used to.

0) Idols and advantages may or may not exist. The game may or may not have a Pokemon theme; theme can change.
1) Start on a tribe and compete in a live challenge (challenges are roughly 5-20 minutes long each). Don't ever talk game to someone in the game but not on your current tribe.
2) If your tribe loses the tribal challenge, you are sent to tribal council and must vote out one member of your own tribe . The player with the most valid votes against them is eliminated and depending on how many players are left will either be cut from the game entirely or put on the Jury. (Players have roughly 5-15 minutes to strategize after losing the challenge but before voting)
3) Another challenge happens and steps are 1 and 2 are repeated as necessary.
4) At some point the tribes will merge and there will be only one person from the merged tribe to win immunity after the each challenge. Eliminated players go to the jury and for the sake of joy are allowed to stay and watch the remaining challenges.
5) When 2 or 3 players remain, Final Tribal Council starts. The finalists each have 5 minutes to make opening statements and then have an open back-and-forth discussion with the jury. After roughly 10-20 minutes, the jury members then casts their votes for which finalists they believe should win.

So if you're up for a live, fast version of Survivor or get bored on the weekend and want something to do, come and play Fast Survivor!

To start this off, feel free to post when you'd like to/be able to play if you're interested. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to share those too : ) I'm probably more able to host on weekends but this coming weekend (first weekend in May) is a no-go for me as I cram in my end of semester duties.

(P.S. I'm totally open to letting other people use this thread to schedule and host their own Fast Survivors; I certainly don't have to be the only host).

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Reserved for Fast Survivor Archives/Records

Season 1:

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/AbMyduf

8. ItzViper482
7. Umbreon
6. Flyhn
5. Spooktune
4. Elite Lord Sigma
--Finalists--
3. Verrucosity - received 0 votes
3. Granny Pie - received 0 votes
1. HeaLnDeaL - received 4 votes

Season 2:

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/jeEGCse

9. Samoyed
8. EpicUmbreon29
7. Airwind
6. Verrucosity
5. Hendrix96
4. SlimGuldo
3. ItzViper482
--Finalists--
2. PD - received 2 votes
1. Da Letter El - received 3 votes

Season 3:

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/r4uVxga

--PreMerge--
10. Vlastav
9. Mickioo
--Merge--
8. Snail
7. Duskfall98
6. honeybiscuit967
5. tonithetourguide
4. ajhockeystar
--Finalists--
3. DLE - received 1 vote
3. The Golden Blade - received 1 vote
1. Hannahh - received 2 votes

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Hey guys, I'm thinking of hosting a Fast Survivor session on one of June 8th, 9th, or 10th. Let me know if you'd be interested or able to play on any of these days (and tell me which days).

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Here is the summary of Fast Survivor, Season 2: Cats and Dogs.
Player list:
Airwind (no show)
Aubisio / Samoyed
DLE
EpicUmbreon29
Viper
Verrucosity
Hendrix96
Slim Guldo
PD

Sorry in advance for typos; it's late and who has time to proofread, amirite? >.>

Episode 1:
Challenge - Find the hidden things puzzle
Winner: Viper

Viper, EpicUmbreon, and Slim start separate alliances of duos, but eventually they reveal to each other that they are also working with a third. Despite this, a strong 3 person alliance isn't formed. EpicUmbreon and Verrucosity also briefly talk and Epic is additionally able to get in a few words with Hendrix96 before he goes offline.

Due to timing issues, many members of the tribe selfvote due to inactivity. DLE overslept and wasn't online at time, but the active players still viewed him as a huge threat and had to vote him out. DLE was sent to redemption island.

Episode 2:
Challenge - Name that animal
Winner: PD

PD suddenly stops playing fortnight for a bit and spends his full attention on the challenge, and he wins it by a mile as he is able to correctly identify an aardvark, red panda, and something else that I'm forgetting with lightning speed.

After increasing his activity, PD and viper form an alliance. Slim seems slightly apprehensive about PD at first but viper convinces him that PD is on their side. Rather than rock the boat, the active players decide to vote out Samoyed, who know one really wanted to work with due to lack of familiarity. Samoyed is sent to redemption island, where it is announced that the first duel will start when a third person is added.

Episode 3:
Challenge - Mixed Numbers and Fraction Worksheet

At the start of the challenge, it is announced that anyone may decide to forfeit the challenge at the very beginning in order to gain a clue to the hidden immunity idol. Viper is the only one who decided to take the offer and was given given a clue to search smogon, but not a thread. After a struggle that shouldn't have gone on for nearly as long as it did, Slim managed to squeak out an immunity win.

Viper quickly found the hidden immunity idol on the host's smogon wall / VMs. He told umbreon about it immediately. Umbreon talked to Slim, viper, and hendrix separately about trying to get rid of one of airwind or verru, both inactive. Viper feared that airwind could link up with umbreon if he ever did become active in the game, but rather than settling for airwind he decided to strike umbreon himself. Using a chat log that was taken slightly out of context, viper showed slim that epic was willing to stab him down the road. Pulling in PD, a three-person group to take out epic formed. After talking to slim, umbreon sensed that there was some apprehension in letting airwind stay in the game and so he shifted his targeted from verru to airwind to stay in good graces and he brought hendrix in on the plan. However, it was too late and by that point slim had already been willing to turn on umbreon and he followed through with viper's plan alongside PD. Umbreon was the third person voted out of the time.

Episode 4:
Challenge - Where's Waldo

Suddenly, the inactive DLE sprang to life and found himself on redemption island. EpicUmbreon and Samoyed joined him, but Samoyed lost the challenge for still being inactive and Umbreon then promptly forfeited to DLE before their competition could even begin.

After surviving his duel, DLE was allowed to watch the incoming immunity challenge, which was a competitive speedrace of Where's Waldo. Playing along by himself, DLE found Waldo before anyone else, but it was Slim who was the first on the Catdog tribe to find the bespectacled, striped-shirt wearing young man, allowing him to earn individual immunity for the second time.

After the social threat of umbreon was eliminated, the tribe resumed its task of going after inactive players and airwind was sent to redemption island next.

Episode 5:
Challenge - Name that Animal 2

Arriving to Redemption Island while still inactive, DLE was able to win his second round on redemption island while still doing nothing. He was very enthused by the level of effort he had to put into this game.

The next challenge say the return of Name that Animal and this time the animals were rarer, which made the competition drag on longer. Eventually viper barely scraped by with a victory and earned individual immunity.

Seeing him former ally, Slim, as a threat, viper hatched a plan to get rid of him. The scheme involved using his idol to save PD from collateral damage and having just him and PD vote out slim, hoping that enough votes would be void for the plan to work. However, just as tribal schedule was meant to start, verrucosity was pulled from the game due to inactivity and her departure spared the rest of the Catdog tribe.

Episode 6:
Challenge - Genius Game 100 (Black/White 2)

Without an active opponent yet again, DLE came back from redemption island without a hitch and he identified the duo of PD/viper and the challenge threat of slim (for whatever reason he seemed to ignore henny though). The next challenge started, which involved each player starting with 100 points. Each round, the players would be allowed to spend any points they had left and the player who spent the most points in a round would earn a token. The player to earn 4 tokens first would then earn individual immunity. Henny had to go inactive to eat once the challenge started and so DLE, viper, and PD formed a challenge alliance. However, despite their efforts, slim quickly won the first three rounds. Unaware that DLE was a double agent, the circus mod was able to fool viper and PD and ultimately helped slim to win the challenge.

Facing the last chance he could play his idol, viper made the safe decision and gave himself immunity. I'm not even sure of the logic myself, but maybe the players were just afraid that henny had been guaranteed a jury vote from epic... and so henny became the target and he was voted out from the game and sent to the jury. At this time, Samoyed finally stopped being inactive as well, but as he was already voted out and eliminated from redemption, he was just sent straight to the jury where he was caught up on what happened in the game.

Episode 7:
Challenge - Maze

And then there were 4. PD, DLE, Slim, and Viper all stood prepared for what they believed was their last challenge. As soon as the massive path-maze was posted for them to solve, PD said that this shit was too hard and gave up. It was a long and arduous challenge where DLE and Viper were neck and neck, but vooper managed to narrowly obtain victory and earned individual immunity.

DLE and Slim discussed the possibility of forcing a tie during the vote, but once viper won immunity DLE backed out of the deal and saw no reason to try and vote PD out at this stage. Instead, DLE was upfront with his former ally and told Slim that he had no choice but to vote him out. PD and viper had independently arrived at the same conclusion to to Slim's impressive challenge record. In the unanimous vote, Slim was sent to the jury.

Episode 8:
Challenge - Boggle

Viper was clearly shocked when it was revealed that there was one more challenge left, meaning that it would be a final 2 and not a final 3 in the end. Through several rounds of boggle, PD managed to scrape a few winning points here and there but he was still trailing his competition. Viper and DLE were stuck in a hopeless tie and they agreed to play by their own rules to decide the tiebreaker. Even after the first tiebreaker failed to give a winner, the two had to do battle once more and this time DLE barely managed to come out on top.

Fearing that his early inactivity would make him lose to viper if he kept him in the game, DLE decided to eliminate viper and took PD into the final 2.

Episode 9
Final Tribal Council

PD completely disappeared and went inactive during final tribal council, leaving much of the opening space for DLE to plead his case. While he recognized that he himself was inactive during the early game, DLE discredited PD by pointing at his current absence and his lack of performance during the last two challenges. DLE argued that he put himself in a great position by allying with both PD/viper and Slim at the final 5 and that his secret assistance to Slim in the f5 challenge was meant to strengthen a relationship to be taken advantage of in case he needed it in the final 4 if slim was to win again. Viper came to PD's defense to argue on his behalf and gave credit to PD for first trying to take out Slim. He also argued that PD's laid-back challenge performance was intentional and was meant to lower his threat level after he came out too hot in the first Name that Animal challenge.

Ultimately the jury was split, but in the end DLE managed to cling his way to victory in a 3-2 vote. Slim, Hendrix, and Samoyed voted for DLE to win while Umbreon and Viper voted for PD to win.

Grats to Da Letter El, I'm sure you're proud of your activity and effort levels in this intense game :^)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)