Favorite and Least Favorite Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
I couldn't find a previous thread for this so I thought I'd set up my own.

Ahh shinies, those essentially rare Pokemon with a different coloration and a sparkle when you send them into battle. Some are more appealing than others, and some are barely even changed from their original form! I'll start this out with my own personal favorites and least favorites.

Favorites
1. Treecko / Grovyle / Sceptile / Mega Sceptile
2. Shinx / Luxio / Luxray
3. Xerneas
4. Boldore / Gigalith
5. Hawlucha
Runner-Ups: Greninja, Zorua / Zoroark, Porygon / Porygon2 / Porygon-Z, Mega Gengar

I love the Sceptile line of shinies and how they turn into teal, which is one of my favorite colors. It really makes them stand out more. The Luxray line is definitely another favorite of mine, I love the golden yellow. Makes it look like more of an electric cat for sure. Xerneas has a lovely, very elegant shiny. The light blue pairs really well with the antlers and overall feels very bright and colorful. Boldore and Gigalith have very cool shinies as well, I actually prefer these over their original forms. It's like there are bright sapphires emerging from their rock, super cool. Hawlucha's shiny is very cool because of the variety of colors and contrasts. Green, red, purple, black, and yellow and somehow it still manages to not look like vomit, but instead super cool.

Least Favorites
1. Haunter / Gengar
2. Garchomp
3. Tyranitar
4. Exploud
5. Pikachu

These right here to me, are some of the most disappointing shinies ever. All of them barely change from their original form, and they're pretty pathetic. Pikachu being the mascot of Pokemon, you'd expect a dope shiny right? NOPE. Gacrhomp being a pseudo legendary? No cool shiny for you. Of course there are tons of other Pokemon with shinies that barely change from their original form, but these here were way more disappointing for me personally due to all the hype surrounding them.

With that I will ask the rest of you, what are your favorite shiny Pokemon? Least favorite shiny Pokemon? If you could change your least favorites, what would you change them to look like? Remember not to flame other people for their opinions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)