Favorite Childhood Cartoon Theme Songs/Introductions?

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi peeps. As a kid, my favorite part of watching Saturday morning cartoons were singing along to the opening song. Many cartoon shows have a quirky or eye-catching introduction with a banger theme song that excites the viewer into singing along or anticipating the show. This thread is mainly to highlight some of the best theme songs that your childhood cartoon shows offered. I will mainly be focusing on underrated non-anime openings as I believe anime openings would constitute a separate thread of their own. Without further ado, here are some of my favorite childhood cartoon theme songs.

• The Spectacular Spider-Man Intro
  • Possibly, my favorite cartoon theme song of all time. The art style was not great, but the music really captured the essence of this iteration of Spiderman. It was light-hearted, energetic, and great for singing along.

• The Batman Intro 2
  • One of the best non-lyrical theme song. The first intro was eerie and dark, fitting of the Dark Knight. However, the second intro(this one) was more memorable, shifting to a gentler tone and featuring a motif from the original 1960's Batman theme song.

• Huntik: Secrets and Seekers
  • One of the more underrated theme song and cartoon. Huntik's opening had the perfect balance of hype("shout it out and make it loud") and tune for the viewer.

• Ben 10 Opening
  • Originally, I wasn't a big fan of the theme song. However, I grew to enjoy it due to the mixture of the singer's raspy and high notes with the opening sequence that showcased a strong motif (extraterrestrial alien life).

These are just some of my favorite cartoon theme songs of all time. Feel free to discuss and/or leave your own favorite theme songs that you really enjoyed as a child(or still enjoy to this day).

SergioRules

||blimp||
is a Community Contributor
I love that some of my faves like Chalk Zone, Teen Titans, and What's New Scooby-Doo are already here (although I like the original Scooby-Doo series intro better). And I've been trying to remember the name of the show 6teen for months now so I'm super happy that someone brought it up.
But how many shows had Solange feat. Destiny's Child singing the intro?
My Life As A Teenage Robot was definitely something I was headbanging to at the age of 6.
Danny Phantom hasn't been dropped yet so:

(Also I know this specifically says cartoons, but I'd like to nominate Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, That 70's Show, and Full House)

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Surprised no one has mentioned this. Definitely the best:
This one's so stupid I love it:
Idk if these count since these are anime but I watched these a lot as a kid on Toonami and they're dubbed English versions so:
(very close second)

Obligatory Pokemon mentions. These were my two favourite:

I'm French, so allow me to present you our glorious French version
the famous 2012 TMNT opening :
The Ratz, about rats living in a boat
and finally, the Pokerap that was at the end of the pokemon anime's first season :

damn, someone actually posted the megas xlr theme.

surprised no one posted this:

idk if these count as songs since there's no actual lyrics but

I was definitely a cartoon network kid so most of the ones I remember nostalgically are from cn. Although my favourite is probably the fairly odd parents theme. Other favourites already posted: teen titans, whats new scooby doo, megas xlr, ben 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)