Favorite Comfort Foods?

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cold beef sandwiches with jam are really good when I feel down. Also ikea meatballs with the ikea-brand meatball sauce (that whitish one that I've forgotten the name of) and lingonberry jam is divine.

there's this mean kebab joint near my house and I swear that shit is divine. I used to eat junk when no one's cooking but when I discovered this place my god. Chicken kebab with rice is my go-to meal there. It's a basically a shitload of shredded chicken that's covered in this creamy garlic yogurt served with rice with little raisins here and there. Beautiful.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Cold beef sandwiches with jam are really good when I feel down. Also ikea meatballs with the ikea-brand meatball sauce (that whitish one that I've forgotten the name of) and lingonberry jam is divine.
I like the lingonberry jam. I don't know why lingonberry jam is so not common outside nordic countries.

hot cheetos!!! seriously i love hot cheetos so freakin much. not a meal, but it's still one of my favorite indulgences

i also really like brownies and cookies. they are a good way to help alleviate stress, and making them is fun. i cant eat them often though cause i need to watch my sugar intake.
in fact i just made brownies yesterday

Sobi

Banned deucer.
I'm not very fond of chocolate and sweets, mostly because they tend to be high in fat and / or sugar, and living in a slighly *fat* family, I need to be wary of the amount of fat and sugar I'm taking. Of course, that doesn't mean I can't treat myself to a cupcake every now and then. Speaking of cupcakes, my aunt made me two cupcakes because I helped with her business. I know I probably won't eat it (I have a tendency to not finish my food, ie. feel full after a small portion) but I'm happy that she put the effort in to make it.

[insert picture of cupcakes here (I haven't got time to take a photo ;-;)]

Beef Curry, Egg Fried Rice, Veggie Spring rolls and Prawn Crackers. My usual cheer me up chinese take away order. Can always counts on this cheering me up along side a bottle of Krony

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of egg, poached eggs are delicious. Same goes for eggs benedict.

halal guys, I prefer the newer Union Square location to the older location near Rockefeller Center
Why do you do this to me...that looks amazing.

I will eat literally anything, but I really just love scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast with homemade coffee. Simple but delicious.

I usually lose my appetite when I'm sad, angry, or nervous, while i enjoy eating when I'm in a good mood. So for me, it's food comfort rather than comfort food. That said, "normal" food satisfies me much more than usual "comfort" food. I'd take a steak or a good dish of pasta over ice cream, chocolate, or cookies any day.

Martin

I don't know how I forgot about this, but my absolute favorite thing to have is beef broth. Its filling, it cheers me up when I'm down, its hot, its tasty... this stuff is just perfect for me.

In real life, I've endured emotional breakdowns to the point where I forget to eat. Any form of physical hunger is merely coincidental. It's probably an adavantage for someone in a heavier weight class like me, but I can't be too sure about that.

My favorite one has got to be pasta and lentil soup. My family calls it "pasta lendic", or something similar; I don't actually know how the second word is spelled and have seen no reference to it anywhere so don't even know if it's a word(lehn-DEEK). But it's a simple soup. Saute an onion or so and a few cloves of garlic. Add a good portion of lentils, water, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper, and probably some other spices/herbs I'm forgetting. While that's cooking, cook up some small pasta, like small macaroni or little O things. When both are done, put past in the bottom of a big ol bowl or soup mug, and add the lentil mix to it to top it off. Stir, inevitably add more salt cause you didn't put in enough, and enjoy. I love the stuff. My favorite cooking food, and my favorite emotion booster if I'm having a bad day. Or a good day. I'm easy and love it so much.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It has to be either ice cream or cakes such as raspberry cheesecake (the one from Starbucks is amazing) or chocotorta

I used to eat Orange Tic-Tacs when I was nervous but I got seriously addicted to them. I had like two boxes per day. I've been proudly off Tic-Tacs for 2 years now :afrostar:

I love those hard blocky hash browns from McDonald's. Like, when I got McDonald's for breakfast (which is all the time) I get one Sausage McGriddle, then like, 10 hash browns. (I keep some as a snack)

I love those hard blocky hash browns from McDonald's. Like, when I got McDonald's for breakfast (which is all the time) I get one Sausage McGriddle, then like, 10 hash browns. (I keep some as a snack)

..preach. McD's Hash browns is my go to when I'm too busy to make a 'proper' breakfast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)