Favorite low-rank Pokemon (AKA the reason I'm not higher up the ladder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You read the title. Share your favorite mon to use in Showdown that's currently E-rank in the official Viability Rankings. Share sets if you'd like, as well!

Mine definetly has to be Octillery. It's such an occassional mon that can only ever really shine in Sticky Web teams, but even without them it's at least able to dish out a powerful punch before getting knocked out. It's a shame it's not bulkier or faster, because if it was it'd definetly be a force to be reckoned with in the tier (and maybe even get banned, ahh, one can dream).

I'm Up All Night To Get Lucky:

(Octillery) (M) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Focus Energy

This set is all about, well, getting lucky with the crits. The only thing Octillery needs to set up (outside from help from the rest of the team) is Focus Energy since Octillery's strong point is its superb Attack and Sp. Attack stats. Of course, one could always invest on Speed or buffing up one of its attack stats even further, but Octillery's mediocre HP and defense stats (coupled with its terrible speed) make it quite the frail offensive mon, so in my opinion it's imperative it's able to survive at least two hits before going down.

I know I should probably get my head in the game and stuff, but PU features so many of my favorite mons, it's hard for me to be fully competitive. I'm just here to have fun and learn a thing or two along the way. :blobshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)