Favorite Pokemon Picker

There's this website, https://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite.html, where you can pick Pokemon that are your favorites or just ones you like. Eventually it'll start to narrow down your favorites and list them. I thought it was pretty fun, here are my top 24:
Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 12.08.46 AM.png

The top 6 are the only ones I was relatively sure about, so seeing the rest is pretty cool. It's not surprising because these are all Pokemon I like but it's neat to see what order this website thinks they're in. How accurate would I say it is? Honestly, pretty accurate. I had to swap Typhlosion behind Gardevoir and Breloom, I'd probably rank Rowlet higher and Marshadow is missing but other than that, pretty accurate. What are your thoughts on my top 24 Pokemon?

Something interesting is how there are no other evolutionary members of the Dragonite and Gengar families here, despite them being my top 2 favorites, Gengar also being close to being my favorite. It's not that I don't like Dratini/Dragonair and Gastly/Haunter, I guess I just don't like them as much as other Pokemon.

Give it a try, I want to see your favorites!

One thing to keep in mind is it might take a long time if you pick too many Pokemon. What I did was just pick liberally until I got to 300 Pokemon left. Then I picked 5 favorites at most, lowered it to 3 at most at around 100, and then you'll see when to start picking less and less.

Cool! We have a few in common.

I did it with only final evolutions, which saved time. So assume I mean the whole line. Anyway, here it goes:

Screenshot_20211018_102228_com.android.chrome.jpg

Poor Dragonite fell short. Also I did this via mobile, hence the 5x5 format.

Last edited:
1634558741691.png

Full Evos only for time and to avoid duplicating the aron/porygon/honedge lines, went until shedinja then finished the row. Not even half are Steel-types, I'm a little surprised. There's likely a lot of noise in terms of which I prefer in any given moment after the first row. And, of course, my classic team of six steel-types all make top 8. I'm also not surprised by the disproportionate number of Ultra Beasts (I actually included all of them in my first pass) or complete lack of gen 8 mons (since I haven't played gen 8)

Post feels a bit lacking, so here's a comparison of the type distribution of these with respect to the norm (though I'm using the base numbers for all mons, not just fully evolved ones):
Steel 16/36 (44.4%): 6.26 times normal (7.1%)
Ghost 7/36 (19.4%): 3.07 times normal (6.33%)
Bug 7/36 (19.4%): 2.06 times normal (9.43%)
Dark 4/36 (11.1%): 1.52 times normal (7.33%)
Ground 4/36 (11.1%) 1.45 times normal (7.66%)
Poison 4/36 (11.1%): 1.41 times normal (7.88%)
Rock 3/36 (8.33%): 1.12 times normal (7.44%)
Psychic 3/36 (8.33%): 0.766 times normal (10.88)
Flying 3/36 (8.33%): 0.715 times normal (11.65%)
Grass 3/36 (8.33%): 0.695 times normal (11.99%)
Electric 2/36 (5.56%): 0.821 times normal (6.77%)
Fighting 2/36 (5.56%): 0.758 times normal (7.33%)
Fire 2/36 (5.56%): 0.668 times normal (8.32%)
Water 2/36 (5.56%): 0.345 times normal (16.09%)
Ice 1/36 (2.78%): 0.491 times normal (5.66%)
Normal 1/36 (2.78%): 0.216 times normal (12.87%)
Dragon 0/36 (0.00%): 0 times normal (6.77%)
Fairy 0/36 (0.00%): 0 times normal (6.55%)
Dark's the only one that did surprisingly well, I already knew I liked a lot of Steel, Ghost, Bug, Ground, and Poison types.

20211018_163525.jpg

Went for my top 20 and yeah... this is actually really accurate lol. Only went for final evos with the exception of Totodile because Totodile is a precious little bebe. They actually managed to get my top 3 Pokémon (Feraligatr, Incineroar, and Silvally) as my first three picks which is wild lol

Shoutouts to Arcanine, Lucario, Sceptile, Toxtricity, Weavile, and Grimmsnarl, which all got pretty far and would have been picked if I went further. There were also a few Pokémon I really like, such as Pangoro, Perrserker, Staraptor, and Scolipede that got eliminated fairly early.

It's nice to see Incineroar get a little love here, I'm surprised 3/4 of us so far have it on ours

I'd say the only problem with this is that it doesn't work as well if your opinion changes extremely often like me

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
holy shit how did you get this X-ray of Junichi Masuda's brain?
If it was Masuda's brain it would be all Psyduck. :psysly: (You see, that joke works on two levels:psynervous:, one is that Psyduck is his favorite Pokemon:psyglad:, the second is that they both think alike:smogduck: as in if they think too hard they get a headache:psysad: and cause huge disasters:psyangry:; though for Psyduck its a release of psychic energy:psywoke: and for Masuda that's all the bad ideas in recent games after Gen V:psycry:).

sorry i probably shouldn't be posting this but im confused about y'all saying "it's so accurate" or "i'd change x or y or z"... because, the whole point is that if you pick consistently it will output your list of favorite pokémon, it will always be accurate so long as you're consistent with your picks. it literally says it right there in the site!

just so this isn't a stupid one-liner, though, i really like this tool, it helps out the decision paralysis issue of trying to decide on one singular favorite pokémon out of 898, although, i'm not very good at picking consistently anyway, my favorite pokémon changes like halfway through using the tool, so you can imagine the rest of the list haha. but yeah, it's an awesome tool, i've been using it for a while ^^

sorry i probably shouldn't be posting this but im confused about y'all saying "it's so accurate" or "i'd change x or y or z"... because, the whole point is that if you pick consistently it will output your list of favorite pokémon, it will always be accurate so long as you're consistent with your picks. it literally says it right there in the site!
I only say that because I never really tried to list out my favorites outside of my top 6 for dream teams, so I was surprised at the accuracy because even I didn't know what my list looked like after those 6

Capture 128.PNG

My list of Favourites. Where is Sharpedo? Where did my favourite Pokemon go? Oh well, Chandelure is first, so I'm happy with that. I'm suprised Sableye made it on here so fast already, it hasn't been long since I picked that guy to be the ace of the Champion of my Cookie Run region in Pokemon my dream team. (But Clefable and Togekiss are missing) Also how is Applin higher than Flapple. I also didn't expect Likiliky to be so high.

Interesting thought, if we got the top six Pokemon of lists and got them to battle each other, who would come out on top?

Oh well, time to search for the shark
Capture 130.PNG

Where is it
Capture 131.PNG

There it is. Number 106. How.

Last edited:

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
This looks like a lot of fun. I’ll be doing this either tomorrow morning or tonight depending on my levels of incoherent laziness. I’ll update this post with the snapshot when it’s done, so that why I don’t risk the possibility of double posting. In the case that someone does post after me, though, I’ll just proceed normally. For now I just have to stop procrastinating and get in the shower.

EDIT: Okay this is taking way, WAY too long... how are you guys cranking these out so quickly? I'll be here until next week if I keep picking at the rate I have been. I won't quit, since I really, really want to finish this. I just wanna go faster dang it-

Last edited:
This looks like a lot of fun. I’ll be doing this either tomorrow morning or tonight depending on my levels of incoherent laziness. I’ll update this post with the snapshot when it’s done, so that why I don’t risk the possibility of double posting. In the case that someone does post after me, though, I’ll just proceed normally. For now I just have to stop procrastinating and get in the shower.

EDIT: Okay this is taking way, WAY too long... how are you guys cranking these out so quickly? I'll be here until next week if I keep picking at the rate I have been. I won't quit, since I really, really want to finish this. I just wanna go faster dang it-
It takes a while to get to the first favorite but after that it speeds up majorly

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
Favorite Mons.PNG

Went until I got bored. Other than Volcarona being bizarrely absent, this is pretty accurate. Not sure if I just didn't see Volcarona but I don't remember it ever showing up. Can you tell that I like Unova?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)