Favorite Video Game soundtracks?

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm a sucker for Mega Man X, Undertale, and Pokemon BW, personally.

Last edited:
I'll dedicate this post to some snk fighting game tracks, hiding on spoilers to not clog the thread with video inserts, i'll do 3 per game, they aren't necessarily my top 3, sometimes i'll recommend less popular tracks that are very good.

One of those times i like the original arcade sound over a arranged sound, the arranged theme is so different listen to it if you feel like it, but overall i like the original sound more, this is my favorite joe higashi theme.

Best Yamazaki theme imo.

honorable mention to Franco Bash's theme

I like the original napolitan blues over the arranged version because of the low-fi air to it, overall a chill track i like to listen to from time to time.

The theme of death by overpowered, compared to later more rock esque arrangements this has a very different vibe to it, i love it.

this feels like a anime song, i love it so much, easily one the best arrangements of the first voiced video game song.

I was going to go over a ton of games but there's a limit of 15 video inserts per post, i might come back later with more recommendations on fighting games and rpg songs.

Last edited:
There's a goldfish scooping minigame in Taiko no Tatsujin Drum N' Fun and the song that plays during it SLAPS. Unfortunately, it seems like there's no video of the song alone on Youtube. The most I could find is the minigame in gameplay videos.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the song plays during the Expert version of the minigame, not the normal version.

Decided to recommend songs from banpresto games (more like super robot wars tbh) for this post
A very niche srpg series i love but that its not known that well outside of hardcore mecha anime, import games or strategy rpg circles because only a few games have been released with official english translations, imagine fire emblem but use giant mecha from various animes (or original series), the rearrangement for a lot of songs tend to be very good but lack vocals, this sometimes creates better atmosphere imo.

Speaking about original series, this is where the music really shines imo, compared to arrangements of already existing songs that you could argue as inferior for the lack of vocals, the compositions for the original characters are some of the best videogame themes i have ever heard
Because of a bug in the first original generations game this song could override boss themes, the creators liked the idea so much it still overrides any and all other themes to this day (with the exception of one instance of the story on the first og game i think), the joke could grow overdone and awful (and it has for some people) but this theme its so amazing i rarely get tired of listening to it.
One of those themes that can induce extreme fear or joy depending on the game you play.
i honestly don't think i don't need to say why i like these so much.
Boss theme for a Boss character.

The first game (and later its own spin off series) on the series to feature only original characters, made by the creators of the original super robot war game series (Winkysoft), these games feature a very different combat system where unit positioning is more extreme in how it modifies damage taken/received and accuracy of attacks. The Super Famicon fan translated release is the only game pre playstation/gba releases i can recommmend as far as super robot wars games go (i'd even dare say the spritework is far superior to pre alpha series playstation releases), however the fact it doesn't let you skip battle animations can still leave more impatient players frustrated, and the difficulty can be very brutal on a first playthrough, there's a nintendo ds release for those willing to play the untranslated game (i have done so with many releases of these series, i find it fun to poke at menus to figure out what they do in languages i don't understand), however i think the dialogue its too good to ignore and i find the ds arrangements of the songs inferior to the original. As far a sound goes.. well just listen...

oh god that bassline
here's a later arrangement of this song i also love.
here's the best arrangement of this song

Off course the music is also amazing in later releases of these series

anyway i leave you all with my favori... like if i could choose

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Your turn to die really said "aight we're only gonna use garageband loops" and fsr it fucking works. Not saying the ost is that pleasant to listen on its own, but inside the game it does wonders.

Also theres Celeste which has a coolio soundtrack too and hasnt been touched upon yet

My favorite soundtrack is probably undertale's. Im such a basic bitch it makes me cry at night

Zelda soundtrack is definitely top tier. Ocarina of time and Breath of the Wild are chefs kiss.

I'm a sucker for Mega Man X, Undertale, and Pokemon BW, personally.
Undertale soundtrack is amazing, I LOVE the song called Undertale when you're walking at the end

I made an account just to post that I found the name of this song from the goldfish minigame after a lot of searching. It's called "Jonetsu Tairiku" by Taro Hakase. The closest version I could find is on Spotify (Jonetsu Tairiku 2007), but Youtube has some similar versions.

There's a goldfish scooping minigame in Taiko no Tatsujin Drum N' Fun and the song that plays during it SLAPS. Unfortunately, it seems like there's no video of the song alone on Youtube. The most I could find is the minigame in gameplay videos.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the song plays during the Expert version of the minigame, not the normal version.

Cringetopia

Banned deucer.
Hard to pick just one game but I'll have to go with Danganronpa V3. I'll just put the investigation theme of the game because i like the chill vibe to it and I swear it improves my deductive reasoning by at least 50%.

Edit: Felt wrong to leave this game out, honorable mention to Ace Attorney Investigations 2.

Last edited:
can't believe no-one has said it yet, but imo minecraft has some of the best and most calming music ever. Also, kirby's got some amazing songs.
favorite 2 for each being uhhh
at half speed it sounds kinda russian too
i have fond memories of this one
best music disc fight me
i just love this song, also it's named eleven and is 1:11 seconds long.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
OMORI OST - YouTube
In recent memory Omori has to have the best soundtrack I've heard. All the songs are super fitting for the atmosphere and all the songs have their own charm to them while also sounding amazing. I have a playlist made of around 25 songs I really like, so just for some quick samples to listen to I'll put them here. Minor spoilers especially in the comments but also in the categories I have the songs under, but I highly recommend this game overall for anyone who likes story driven games with horror elements, one of the best games I've ever played, and you really get to understand where the songs fit and I think they become even better when you hear them in game even though they're already all great.
For pure nostalgia though, probably has to be Pokemon Platinum. Was the first game I played and all the music is just so perfect for how the game is. Everywhere is so unique with what songs are playing helping that so much, and while I wouldn't casually listen to most of them barring some remixes like I would with the omori ost, when playing the game the songs feel perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)